Cornwall Football Forum

RGB Cornwall Senior Cup - 10 November 2018

The Cornish fa are completely incompetent. What does Grace do all day? Sit around and twiddle her thumbs whilst someone else sets up an organisation to enter the increasingly high profile Conifa tournament, which enjoyed big media coverage in the summer, and watch whilst someone markets a Cornwall shirt to sell and develops a commercial brand out Cornwall’s unique identity. Seriously????

15 minutes ago, Rob1978 said:

The Cornish fa are completely incompetent. What does Grace do all day? Sit around and twiddle her thumbs whilst someone else sets up an organisation to enter the increasingly high profile Conifa tournament, which enjoyed big media coverage in the summer, and watch whilst someone markets a Cornwall shirt to sell and develops a commercial brand out Cornwall’s unique identity. Seriously????

Exactly my feelings.

The Cornish fa are completely incompetent. What does Grace do all day? Sit around and twiddle her thumbs whilst someone else sets up an organisation to enter the increasingly high profile Conifa tournament, which enjoyed big media coverage in the summer, and watch whilst someone markets a Cornwall shirt to sell and develops a commercial brand out Cornwall’s unique identity. I accept that as part of English Fa, the Cornwall fa might not be allowed to enter an unofficial competition, but their approach is simply to ignore the subject, emails and requests completely. At least release a statement on the matter, because if Kernow qualify for the Conifa World Cup, it will become big news

For those who don’t think a Cornish Conifa will become a big deal locally, look at the support and shirts sales the rugby team got on the back of playing a second tier county cup competition!! Conifa has a far higher profile. 

3 hours ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

Can someone tell me what “Conifa” is and who is involved, I have to admit that I have never heard of it, or indeed know what the (presumed) acronym stands for. Do I have something in common with the CCFA?

If you can use this site, I think you should be able to use a search engine as well.

4 hours ago, baldy said:

If you can use this site, I think you should be able to use a search engine as well.

Some might say (quite reasonably) that I struggle to use this site, at least appropriately! I’d assumed (wrongly, as ever) that the C stood for Cornwall, and that it was some obscure local footballing sect, but no, it seems that it’s an international footballing sect!

I see that Kernow is one of the 52 members and that there is a(nother) World Cup this year, so where can I find out who plays for/manages us? (Siri/google unfortunately not up for that one!)

10 hours ago, Rob1978 said:

The Cornish fa are completely incompetent. What does Grace do all day? Sit around and twiddle her thumbs whilst someone else sets up an organisation to enter the increasingly high profile Conifa tournament, which enjoyed big media coverage in the summer, and watch whilst someone markets a Cornwall shirt to sell and develops a commercial brand out Cornwall’s unique identity. I accept that as part of English Fa, the Cornwall fa might not be allowed to enter an unofficial competition, but their approach is simply to ignore the subject, emails and requests completely. At least release a statement on the matter, because if Kernow qualify for the Conifa World Cup, it will become big news

For those who don’t think a Cornish Conifa will become a big deal locally, look at the support and shirts sales the rugby team got on the back of playing a second tier county cup competition!! Conifa has a far higher profile. 

Changing the subject slightly, but I do wonder what they do all day. Have tried emailing them to get them to change incorrect cup scores from archived information so it can be corrected and there for future reference. Not been done, two months later.

Re CONIFA (Confederations of Independent Football Associations) I would think it's a great idea and Cornwall more so than Yorkshire should be there! This year's tournament was well supported and if Cornwall were to consider hosting it further down the line, that would be a huge thing in so many ways.

9 hours ago, Fanfare said:

Changing the subject slightly, but I do wonder what they do all day. Have tried emailing them to get them to change incorrect cup scores from archived information so it can be corrected and there for future reference. Not been done, two months later.

Re CONIFA (Confederations of Independent Football Associations) I would think it's a great idea and Cornwall more so than Yorkshire should be there! This year's tournament was well supported and if Cornwall were to consider hosting it further down the line, that would be a huge thing in so many ways.

What do you do all day Rob 1978, do you sit down and twiddle your thumbs.?

Don't say about others that you would'nt want said about yourself.

'House Rules' should apply.

1 hour ago, David Bray said:

1 hour ago, David Bray said:

Oh dear, obviously a fa supporter!

6 hours ago, David Bray said:

Well for a start I engage in debate with regards to the future of Cornish football. When Conifa tried to engage with the Cornish fa, they didn’t even get a reply!! What kind of leadership is that? When you seen how open and engaging the Swpl is, the attitude of both the Cornish and Devon fa is frustrating. 

Question why are games that are called off on Saturday not Played on the following Tuesday or Wednesday, if the home club has Floodlights? Surely the likes of Bodmin could play there fixture midweek instead of getting a fixture pile up ? Lets face it the Cornwall Senior Cup is being devalued already with the amount of Clubs not fulfilling fixtures.

34 minutes ago, MTC said:

Question why are games that are called off on Saturday not Played on the following Tuesday or Wednesday, if the home club has Floodlights? Surely the likes of Bodmin could play there fixture midweek instead of getting a fixture pile up ? Lets face it the Cornwall Senior Cup is being devalued already with the amount of Clubs not fulfilling fixtures.

I assume the Cornwall fa have some objection as it happens every year.

50 minutes ago, MTC said:

Perhaps Dobwalls who dont have lights can reject any offer of midweek and  also avoiding any Bodmin imports.

As Bodmin have a midweek SWPL game does this take precedence over Senior Cup?

Makes one wonder what the lesser Cornish FA Cup rules\laws are. Perhaps opponents sit around in carpet slippers, share a cup of tea and toss a coin rather than play under lights! 

What a set of Mickey Mouse rules/laws for a top county cup!

There are enough Step 6 and above clubs in the county to have a higher standard top county cup.

5 hours ago, shots said:

Makes one wonder what the lesser Cornish FA Cup rules\laws are. Perhaps opponents sit around in carpet slippers, share a cup of tea and toss a coin rather than play under lights! 

What a set of Mickey Mouse rules/laws for a top county cup!

There are enough Step 6 and above clubs in the county to have a higher standard top county cup.

That is a fact!

10 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Stupidity ...lol

Why ?

10 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Stupidity ...lol

Is it really so crucial that the postponed games are played midweek?

8 hours ago, Dave Bartlam said:

With all of this FA bashing... has anyone actually considered whether the CONIFA or whatever it's called is a sanctioned competition? If it's not sanctioned, it has nothing to do with Cornwall FA, which is why they wouldn't get involved. 

Although by the sounds of further above comment, it might have been helpful and polite to have at least replied!

8 hours ago, Dave Bartlam said:

With all of this FA bashing... has anyone actually considered whether the CONIFA or whatever it's called is a sanctioned competition? If it's not sanctioned, it has nothing to do with Cornwall FA, which is why they wouldn't get involved. 

Ok. The Conifa World Cup held last summer achieved a high level of publicity in this country. Match reports appeared in national newspapers, the competition was discussed on popular podcasts. Yorkshire’s team is made up of the best nonleague players from the county. Now imagine a Kernow team playing Tibet, Northern Cyprus etc in a World Cup with swpl/Truro players. In terms of local football it would be massive. Look at the amount of interest/shirt sales generated by the rugby team from playing in a third tier county cup!! Perhaps there is no way the CFA can have involvement, but the current response is to bury its head in the sand, not respond to emails and pretend the whole isn’t happening. Is this really your idea of leadership?

28 minutes ago, Rob1978 said:

Ok. The Conifa World Cup held last summer achieved a high level of publicity in this country. Match reports appeared in national newspapers, the competition was discussed on popular podcasts. Yorkshire’s team is made up of the best nonleague players from the county. Now imagine a Kernow team playing Tibet, Northern Cyprus etc in a World Cup with swpl/Truro players. In terms of local football it would be massive. Look at the amount of interest/shirt sales generated by the rugby team from playing in a third tier county cup!! Perhaps there is no way the CFA can have involvement, but the current response is to bury its head in the sand, not respond to emails and pretend the whole isn’t happening. Is this really your idea of leadership?

can you really see many SWPL players playing if the eligibility spreads to as far as Truro's level? you'd just take the whole of the truro team surely?

Just now, Dave Deacon said:

Leaders or Administrators on behalf of the FA?

Im pretty sure the ccfa must monitor this forum in some way ,and therefore must now be aware of peoples interest in CONIFA , Surely its not too much to ask for the media / P.R. person to now release a statement regarding their position on it 

9 hours ago, Dave Bartlam said:

If not sanctioned, surely any player player that takes part will not be able to take part in future CFA/FA competitions. You can't have dual registration with this CONIFA and the FA, can you?

There are not enough players to go around in Cornwall as it is now. It's OK for Yorkshire, their version of the CONIFA have the choice of thousands of players, many willing to become FA "Outcasts" but can the few in Cornwall, up to the standard, be willing to lose out on FA santioned leagues and cup competitions? 

14 hours ago, BIG AL said:

I assume the Cornwall fa have some objection as it happens every year.

Just a scenario. What if Penzance drew Saltash orTorpoint and the game is off on the Saturday. Torpoint /Saltash travel midweek to play. You would then be moaning on here that CCFA are stupid to make teams travel so far for a midweek fixture. You can't have it both ways!

1 hour ago, panda said:

Just a scenario. What if Penzance drew Saltash orTorpoint and the game is off on the Saturday. Torpoint /Saltash travel midweek to play. You would then be moaning on here that CCFA are stupid to make teams travel so far for a midweek fixture. You can't have it both ways!

1 hour ago, panda said:

Another CFAsupporter I presume !

2 hours ago, SCFC said:

can you really see many SWPL players playing if the eligibility spreads to as far as Truro's level? you'd just take the whole of the truro team surely?

Most of Truro’s players are from Devon

2 hours ago, cornishteddyboy said:

If not sanctioned, surely any player player that takes part will not be able to take part in future CFA/FA competitions. You can't have dual registration with this CONIFA and the FA, can you?

There are not enough players to go around in Cornwall as it is now. It's OK for Yorkshire, their version of the CONIFA have the choice of thousands of players, many willing to become FA "Outcasts" but can the few in Cornwall, up to the standard, be willing to lose out on FA santioned leagues and cup competitions? 

The Conifa World Cup was held at London’s senior  non-league grounds. None of these clubs have been banned. Whilst not official, it is not an outcast competition. The Fa and FIFA have turned a blind eye. A great opportunity for local players.

Just now, Rob1978 said:

Most of Truro’s players are from Devon

I thought as much but was unsure what the CONIFA ruling is for players to be eligible for the Kernow side?

Place of birth? Where you live? Where the team you currently play for is situated? The league you are currently in?

1 hour ago, BIG AL said:

Another CFAsupporter I presume !

I am a supporter of local football and like to think my views on various topics are relevant and thought out.I have no affiliation to any club CCFA SWPL the fa or any other organisation ( except the rnli) It would be good to come on this forum and see you have written something constructive rather than your continuous negative remarks. However I can live in hope

4 hours ago, Rob1978 said:

But that's the thing, if it is unsanctioned and unaffiliated, what do you expect them to do? That onus is on the League/Competition organisers to get sanctioned and affiliated with the FA. Until that happens, the FA have no need to talk about or respond to emails about it.

By my recent experience over the past three years, Cornwall FA will always email back and always pick up the phone. Want a quick answer - give them a call. Simple.

1 hour ago, panda said:

I am a supporter of local football and like to think my views on various topics are relevant and thought out.I have no affiliation to any club CCFA SWPL the fa or any other organisation ( except the rnli) It would be good to come on this forum and see you have written something constructive rather than your continuous negative remarks. However I can live in hope

Speak as I find!

25 minutes ago, Dave Bartlam said:

But that's the thing, if it is unsanctioned and unaffiliated, what do you expect them to do? That onus is on the League/Competition organisers to get sanctioned and affiliated with the FA. Until that happens, the FA have no need to talk about or respond to emails about it.

By my recent experience over the past three years, Cornwall FA will always email back and always pick up the phone. Want a quick answer - give them a call. Simple.

You must be one of the lucky few!

My understanding is that Conifa contacted the Cornwall Fa with regards to setting up a team and received no reply. This has allowed a new organisation to set up and fill the void. It may well be that Fa would not allow the Cornish Fa to be involved, but it doesn’t even look like they even tried. Now any potential profit from merchandising of the Cornish brand, will potentially go to a third party and not to the Cornish Fa. Whilst not officially sanctioned, Conifa tournaments do not seem to have had any opposition from the established authorities. Why wouldn’t you at least speak to the people involved in running this to at least have some influence?

Conifa would need to be recognised as an "approved" football association by FIFA and the FA before any County Association could get involved......and I can't see that ever happening. Despite some views to the contrary, the CCFA employees work extremely hard administering football in the county and certainly do not deserve the derogatory comments above.

1 hour ago, John Mead said:

Conifa would need to be recognised as an "approved" football association by FIFA and the FA before any County Association could get involved......and I can't see that ever happening. Despite some views to the contrary, the CCFA employees work extremely hard administering football in the county and certainly do not deserve the derogatory comments above.

Yes, but they are getting paid for what they do!