Cornwall Football Forum

RGB Cornwall Senior Cup - 10 November 2018

RGB CORNWALL SENIOR CUP, Second Round

Bodmin Town      P-P    Dobwalls (now next Saturday)

Falmouth Town   2-1    St Dennis

Hayle                      1-2    Perranwell

Lanreath               3-6    St Stephens Boro (aet)

Launceston           4-1    Sticker

Mousehole           0-2    Helston Athletic

Newquay               1-2    Camelford

Pendeen Rovers  P-P    Wadebridge Town (now next Saturday)

Perranporth          0-4    Liskeard Athletic

Polperro               P-P    West Cornwall (now next Saturday)

Porthleven            1-0    Callington Town

RNAS Culdrose    0-8    Saltash United

St Day                   6-1        Padstow United

St Ives Town         1-3        Penryn Athletic

St Just                    0-6        AFC St Austell

Wendron United H/W  Bude Town (Bude unable to raise a team)

Can see a few of these being 'scuppered' with the inclement weather we are due in this afternoon/evening with with the pitches already wet it won't help most clubs I wouldn't of thought. Can see a few upsets though Mousehole to beat Helston, possibly St.Ives to beat Penryn & Porthleven to beat Callington who are really struggling in the Premier Division. 

45 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Can see a few of these being 'scuppered' with the inclement weather we are due in this afternoon/evening with with the pitches already wet it won't help most clubs I wouldn't of thought. Can see a few upsets though Mousehole to beat Helston, possibly St.Ives to beat Penryn & Porthleven to beat Callington who are really struggling in the Premier Division. 

St Ives beat Penryn last week in the league ?

33 minutes ago, We Two said:

PHIL HISCOX ADVISING THAT HE EXPECTS CLUBS TO WAIT UNTIL SATURDAY MORNING BEFORE COSIDERING AN INSPECTION, AS WEATHER IS FORCAST TO IMPROVE.

That's the league fixture's, I'm talking about clubs participating in the Senior Cup, which has nothing to do with Phil Hiscox, hence why posted under this thread & not the league fixture's thread. 

Going to take some improvement to not get a few casualties after this rain. It's even raining in 'Parbados' 

2 hours ago, leedsunited said:

That's the league fixture's, I'm talking about clubs participating in the Senior Cup, which has nothing to do with Phil Hiscox, hence why posted under this thread & not the league fixture's thread. 

Going to take some improvement to not get a few casualties after this rain. It's even raining in 'Parbados' 

To clarify -  the Saturday  inspections is a joint instruction agreed with Cornwall FA this morning. 

The Cornwall FA and the SWPL do liaise on such things 

28 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

To clarify -  the Saturday  inspections is a joint instruction agreed with Cornwall FA this morning. 

The Cornwall FA and the SWPL do liaise on such things 

Don’t tell Al that, Dave, he might explode. 

Isn’t Al an advocate of the late postponement?

The SWPL clubs have an obligation to notify postponements to the league. I don’t think they are obliged to do the same for Leeds or Al.

2 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Note Daves comment above, it's in the interest of all parties to liase, hence the " joint instruction " from the C.C.F.A. AND  S.W.P.L.

11 minutes ago, We Two said:

Note Daves comment above, it's in the interest of all parties to liase, hence the " joint instruction " from the C.C.F.A. AND  S.W.P.L.

Although I do wish the county FA would communicate outwards a little more !

Correct me if I’m wrong but I didn’t see any mention out by them regarding the Wendron v Bude until they were questioned about it on twitter.

Its no good just amending the results website page to indicate a walkover, the footballing public should see it put out there on various social media outlets

1 hour ago, baldy said:

Don’t tell Al that, Dave, he might explode. 

Isn’t Al an advocate of the late postponement?

The SWPL clubs have an obligation to notify postponements to the league. I don’t think they are obliged to do the same for Leeds or Al.

Is this written in the constitution somewhere ?

23 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

I can tell you of at least 2 off Dave ... So the liasing going well ! ?

Dissapointing result for Newquay being knocked out of the Senior Cup by Camelford  but they forund Camelford goalie Luke Gwillian in awesome form he pulled off some world class and was superb also i thought there no3 was really good and made some brilliant tackles but got booked for a bad foul near the end of the match .Newquay didnt play bad but the defence was poor and the badly missed Harry Downing today and both goals by Camelford where due to poor defending ,the goal Newquay did score was from a corner by Cam Turner ,Jack Bray Evans was playing some great balls but shoots a lot when a pass should of been played ,I dont want to critercize the Newquay players because they came up against a goalie in superb form and a well marshalled defence well organised by captain Adam Sleep .Hard luck Newquay well done Camelford my MOM LUKE GWILLIAN BY A MILE AND FOR NEWQUAY THATS A HARD ONE THINK I WILL GIVE IT TO JACK BRAY EVANS he seemed to have more go in him than some of the others

6 minutes ago, Fanfare said:

RNAS Culdrose 0-8 Saltash United

Saltash were comfortable winners in this one. Four goals in each half but credit to Culdrose who never gave up. In the second half the referee called time after 41 minutes and 33 seconds which wouldn't have affected the score.

I would complain!!   culdrose could have easily scored 8 goals in 4 minutes  . 

Newquay 1-2 Camelford

Newquay probably deserved something on the basis of their second half performance, but in the end were made to pay for their first half frailties as they went out of the Senior Cup.

Camelford were the better team in the first half, the Newquay defence looked like they were midfield players having to play in the back four, no pace, no organisation, no physicallity, particulary on the right hand side where the full back looked completely out of his depth. However, despite the Camels superiority they only scored twice, with the two goals being split by a Newquay equaliser, a text book header from the very right back I was maligning earlier.

Credit to the Newquay management for totally sorting out the defence during the half-time team talk, and after the break it was their turn to have the lion's share of possession and chances, only to meet a Camelford keeper in fine form and were unable to find a second equaliser. Very impressed with the pace and talent of the Newquay no. 7 who looked head and shoulders the best player on the pitch.

There was one strange sequence of events midway through the second period. A Camelford forward and the Newquay keeper went up together for a high ball, collided mid-air with the keeper coming down with the ball in his hands. Play continued with the Camels player still on the floor, and maybe 10 seconds later the ref blew up fearing a head injury. Then he went and spoke with his assisstant and pointed to the penalty spot. Cue incensed Newquay players, one of whom was booked and then suddenly the decision had become a Newquay free kick! This time it was the visitors players who were audibly unhappy, saying "You can't change decisions like that ref", with the man in black's response being "I'm the ref, I can change what I want!"

That was a very strange decision by the ref he clearly gave a pen he said to Cmelford manager it was a pen i heard him say clearly penalty then changed his mind when consulting his linesman the Camelford no16 had the ball in his hands already for the pen ,then the ref awarded a free kick and booking the Newquay player with Camelfords No9 lying injured ,the NO7 was Hayden Turner i thought he was ok in hte 1st half taken players on but then faded and lost the ball on too many occasions ,couldnt see much difference in the Newquay defence at all they where poor and missed the captain Harry Downing badly but thats my opinion

2 hours ago, stevieb said:

Hayle1-2 Perranwell   att 27   good luck to Perranwell in the next round .

Tough match played on a fantastic pitch, great credit to the Hayle groundsman. After a slow start by the Well, they scored against the run of play with some neat one touch football, nicely finished by Joe Ibbs-George. Even after scoring with our only shot on target in the first half, Hayle continued to press and dominated the play. The second half was much more evenly contested, with Perranwell having sustained periods of pressure playing down the hill. Our second came courtesy of a neat move down the left, with Joe Ibbs-George again finishing a fine solo effort having rounded the Hayle keeper, who then went off injured. Hayle struck back with a penalty 25 minutes from time, after Perranwell hero turned villain Joe Ibbs-George clumsily challenged in the box (forwards don't make defenders ?) and the referee had no alternative but to point to the spot. Both sides had further chances which went away, with the Well just about deserving of their victory. Competitive match with no controversial incidents, excellently refereed by Alan Hoon. Great to catch up with Stevie on the Hayle line, another one of the Combo's unsung heroes. Thank you to Hayle for their hospitality after the match. Fingers crossed for a decent draw in the next round.

44 minutes ago, Andys said:

Great to catch up with Stevie on the Hayle line, another one of the Combo's unsung heroes.

Yeah and I think he deserves a lot of credit today as he made a very honest decision for Perranwell's 2nd goal. The initial through ball was directed towards a player who was inactive but in what would've been offside by the previous definition. Instead Joe Ibbs-George ran from a deeper onside position to gain a 1v1 and finish to make it 0-2. It would've been a very easy spot to just play dumb and flag to protect his team but he correctly allowed play to continue.

Ironically enough he made one small error (possibly) in the first half when the ball went out for a throw and was instantly met with an onslaught of jeers and "cheat" shouts. So to then put that incident to the back of his mind and carry on assisting to the best of his ability is a truly sporting act in my opinion.

Well played sir ?

Falmouth 2  St Dennis 1  . A tough game for town against a very well organised defensive st dennis who scored from their one threat on goal in the 1rst half,going in at the break 1- 0 up .

What a great bunch the St. Dennis lads were. Even though they lost, they stayed in the clubhouse until 7pm spending their money over the bar. Unlucky on the day as I think that they may, just may have been awarded a penalty in the first half. However,  they did themselves proud and have a few players who could step up into the Premier Division. Good luck for the rest of the season.  A pleasure to have entertained you and good luck for the rest of the season. 

4 hours ago, Fanfare said:

RNAS Culdrose 0-8 Saltash United

Saltash were comfortable winners in this one. Four goals in each half but credit to Culdrose who never gave up. In the second half the referee called time after 41 minutes and 33 seconds which wouldn't have affected the score.

Bit harsh on us, our game plan was to lure them into a false sense of security for 86 minutes then swarm all over them for the last 5 but as usual the ref goes with big club. Shocking. In all seriousness Saltash are a really good side who play the game in the right way, and do it with a swagger that doesn't make you feel that they are taking the piss. We played some decent stuff at times and put our foot in on them to try and slow them down and I feel we didn't deserve the 8-0 but they are a very good side and will beat better teams than us this season. Put a bit of money over our bar as well which helps a club like ours. 

50 minutes ago, ah reckon so said:

Bit harsh on us, our game plan was to lure them into a false sense of security for 86 minutes then swarm all over them for the last 5 but as usual the ref goes with big club. Shocking. In all seriousness Saltash are a really good side who play the game in the right way, and do it with a swagger that doesn't make you feel that they are taking the piss. We played some decent stuff at times and put our foot in on them to try and slow them down and I feel we didn't deserve the 8-0 but they are a very good side and will beat better teams than us this season. Put a bit of money over our bar as well which helps a club like ours. 

Should of got your top Scouse/Mancunian lads in for the game ..... That would of stopped them ... & Made it slightly easier for the rest of us ! 

3 hours ago, Andys said:

Tough match played on a fantastic pitch, great credit to the Hayle groundsman. After a slow start by the Well, they scored against the run of play with some neat one touch football, nicely finished by Joe Ibbs-George. Even after scoring with our only shot on target in the first half, Hayle continued to press and dominated the play. The second half was much more evenly contested, with Perranwell having sustained periods of pressure playing down the hill. Our second came courtesy of a neat move down the left, with Joe Ibbs-George again finishing a fine solo effort having rounded the Hayle keeper, who then went off injured. Hayle struck back with a penalty 25 minutes from time, after Perranwell hero turned villain Joe Ibbs-George clumsily challenged in the box (forwards don't make defenders ?) and the referee had no alternative but to point to the spot. Both sides had further chances which went away, with the Well just about deserving of their victory. Competitive match with no controversial incidents, excellently refereed by Alan Hoon. Great to catch up with Stevie on the Hayle line, another one of the Combo's unsung heroes. Thank you to Hayle for their hospitality after the match. Fingers crossed for a decent draw in the next round.

Good summing up Andy , sorry my report was so sparing  but it was my lads 21 birthday so we went out , good to see you again ,  deserved winners good luck in the next round , see you soon , home draw against  one of the big boys would be a fair reward .

15 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

That was a very strange decision by the ref he clearly gave a pen he said to Cmelford manager it was a pen i heard him say clearly penalty then changed his mind when consulting his linesman the Camelford no16 had the ball in his hands already for the pen ,then the ref awarded a free kick and booking the Newquay player with Camelfords No9 lying injured ,the NO7 was Hayden Turner i thought he was ok in hte 1st half taken players on but then faded and lost the ball on too many occasions ,couldnt see much difference in the Newquay defence at all they where poor and missed the captain Harry Downing badly but thats my opinion

As an ex ref I cringed at this decision. Newquay's goalie and Camels striker challenged for the ball which the goalie won fairly no offence committed either way, then a Newquay player deliberately pushed over a Camels player in the box when the ball was nowhere near, assistant ref flagged and instructed the ref that it was a penalty which he gave, only then to conjure up a foul on the goalie, shameful refereeing. Hope he learns from his mistakes or he will be shopping at Tescos on Saturday afternoons.

3 minutes ago, cornishteddyboy said:

Why do people always ask this question?

Is it laziness cos they can't be bothered to look it up themselves or do they expect people to be in the know and are willing to part with the info?

Always amuses me.

Although to be fair I doubt if you would actually find the answer available anywhere.