Cornwall Football Forum

Tavistock dismantled by Bodmin

15 minutes ago, Rob1978 said:

Surely they are better. Isn’t that how a pyramid works?

So that means last season all Stoke players were better than all Cardiff players, but this season in a dramatic change all Cardiff players are now better than all Stoke players?

I think the question being asked was whether Bodmin had extra players in to improve their squad to make the scoreline so one sided.

No it’s geography down here mate. If you look back over the last say 30 odd seasons, think you’ll find when SWL teams have played Western league teams in the FA Cup or FA Vase it’s more than favourable in our favour. Take away maybe the top 5 in the Premier division I would fancy a decent SWL league team every time against a div 1 or bottom half Premier league team. #these are just my thoughts, don’t want to offend my Bristolian football friends ?

41 minutes ago, Tribute said:

Still no match report ! Hope there were some supporters there to see it . 

There is no man more humble than Leeds United. 

Would be interesting to hear from Tavvy folk, looks like the injury problems had been mounting for them in recent weeks. Losing Dan Evans and Lewis Daw (probably the best centre back pairing in the league) for any length of time would hurt any team. Say what you like about Darren Gilbert and Bodmin though, they keep getting written off and they keep coming back.

15 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

I can hear the public's outcry for the famous 'LeedsUnited' to come forward on stage ... However what I am going to say is possibly not quite what your expecting to hear ...........until later, let's get a few more View's' on the topic first, like any entertainer, I like to keep the crowd waiting ...

You weren't there....you were helping out down Newquay (?)

41 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

I can hear the public's outcry for the famous 'LeedsUnited' to come forward on stage ... However what I am going to say is possibly not quite what your expecting to hear ...........until later, let's get a few more View's' on the topic first, like any entertainer, I like to keep the crowd waiting ...

World War II. V.E.Day. London, England. 8th May 1945. Large crowds gathering outside Buckingham Palace awaiting the Royal Family who were to appear on the balcony, during the Victory in Europe celebrations. : News Photo

" And the crowds are gathering in anticipation of Leeds United's address."

46 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

God u really do live in a complete dream world, it's no wonder even Bodmin want nothing to do with u

From the league secretary ..

Wednesday 7th November

SWP Premier Division : Bodmin  Town 7 Tavistock 2

With 18 of the 19 Premier Division sides seen this season, the missing one was Bodmin Town, so a trip down to Priory Park was in order to bring up the set and what a game I choose !

In August Tavistock had beaten Bodmin 7-1 at Langsford Park and since an opening day draw at Godolphin the Lambs had chalked up 11 straight league victories and were the only side remaining unbeaten. 90 minutes later all that was over as Bodmin Town produced a vintage performance that was pretty much flawless to win 7-2, and in truth could have been by more.

After a cagey start the hosts broke the deadlock in the 17th minute with a Tom Moody shot and just two minutes later they made it 2-0 when Jake Ash saw his free kick from out wide deceive all and end up in the net. Tavistock then responded and were awarded a 22nd minute penalty which Josh Grant scored from to reduce the arrears and look to get them back in the game. The hosts though had other ideas and Ben Steer made it 3-1 in the 29th minute before a deflected shot from Steve Colwell made it 4-1 at the break.

Any chance of a second half fightback was over as early as the 53rd minute as Josh Robbins conceded a penalty and although Glynn Hobbs spot kick was well saved, the dismissal of Robbins for a 2nd yellow card left the visitors a man short. Hobbs made up for the penalty miss in the 58th when he made it 5-1 and with 17 minutes to go that became 6-1 before a 75th minute shot from distance from Max Gilbert made it 7-1 with all 7 goals (and a missed penalty) having come in the space of an hours play. Tavistock grabbed an 83rd minute consolation through Grant, but in truth they had been given a stiff lesson by a Bodmn side who on this form can still have a major say in this seasons honours.

Tavistock remain 2nd and remain favourites for the title, but they will need to bounce back and their next game, away at Exmouth Town on Saturday, looks another big test which I think I may well go along to see how it pans out !

You do read so much crap on here sometimes most of it doesnt even concerns a match but about Pasties ,and other stuff but not football related .If they want to know the goalscorers or line ups why dont they get oft there asses and go and watch the match then they will know the line ups and scorers when i do my write ups i try and give a honest report of the match i have just watched  So many people on here go and watch a match but dont report on the match at all they do is moan about someone else usually with good reason Like Leeds who never has a good thing to say about Newquay football team but he seems to of mellowed a bit and i think Older is another 1 he complains about Falmouth Town ,but never watches them .I go and watch matches with my sidekick Smokie Dog ,in all weathers either it be at Newquay ,Godolphin ,St Austell or anywhere there is a decent match on .So my message is if you are concerned about matches and the line ups get off your asses pay your £5 and go and support your team .I will be up watching Newquay this weekend vs Camelford so i will be writing about the match when i get back think Newquay will win this 1 Just read the brilliant report from Baldy of the Bodmin vs Tavi match what a shock result i had it down for a draw but my predictions are usually crap

11 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

You do read so much crap on here sometimes most of it doesnt even concerns a match but about Pasties ,and other stuff but not football related .If they want to know the goalscorers or line ups why dont they get oft there asses and go and watch the match then they will know the line ups and scorers when i do my write ups i try and give a honest report of the match i have just watched  So many people on here go and watch a match but dont report on the match at all they do is moan about someone else usually with good reason Like Leeds who never has a good thing to say about Newquay football team but he seems to of mellowed a bit and i think Older is another 1 he complains about Falmouth Town ,but never watches them .I go and watch matches with my sidekick Smokie Dog ,in all weathers either it be at Newquay ,Godolphin ,St Austell or anywhere there is a decent match on .So my message is if you are concerned about matches and the line ups get off your asses pay your £5 and go and support your team .I will be up watching Newquay this weekend vs Camelford so i will be writing about the match when i get back think Newquay will win this 1 Just read the brilliant report from Baldy of the Bodmin vs Tavi match what a shock result i had it down for a draw but my predictions are usually crap

I totally agree with you, I have been watching Falmouth for 55 years, longer than probably any other.

38 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Sorry I got half way through that and fell asleep, what a load of old nonsensical nonsense

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

I think you may have the wrong fella there 100%

Don't think I've ever moaned on here(?)

So here goes, a lot of people don't particularly like what I say on here because I am usually not far from the truth, & as they say the truth hurts. Whether it be about 'certain' clubs struggling or the 'Fish & Chip standard' of the league's below, now I have been involved in football for 40 years, luckily with some of the County's top sides & player's who I still communicate with on a very regular basis & most if not all agree with my opinions but choose not to say it publicly! Now I can come on here today, say Bodmin 'pulled Tavi's pants down' etc etc & after last night's scoreline I would say it could be justified.... HOWEVER, yes Bodmin played exceptionally well last night, & at times it was like watching Bodmin of 'Old' BUT believe me Tavistock are still this leagues 'yardstick' & if anybody finishes above them, they will be Champions. It was always going to take Bodmin a while to gel with virtually a new side put together & the plan was always it can only get better as long as the season goes on, so to still be in touch with established sides as St.Austell & Tavistock shows that Darren Gilbert might just of got it right. So no slating from me today, just very proud. 

1 hour ago, leedsunited said:

So here goes, a lot of people don't particularly like what I say on here because I am usually not far from the truth, & as they say the truth hurts. Whether it be about 'certain' clubs struggling or the 'Fish & Chip standard' of the league's below, now I have been involved in football for 40 years, luckily with some of the County's top sides & player's who I still communicate with on a very regular basis & most if not all agree with my opinions but choose not to say it publicly! Now I can come on here today, say Bodmin 'pulled Tavi's pants down' etc etc & after last night's scoreline I would say it could be justified.... HOWEVER, yes Bodmin played exceptionally well last night, & at times it was like watching Bodmin of 'Old' BUT believe me Tavistock are still this leagues 'yardstick' & if anybody finishes above them, they will be Champions. It was always going to take Bodmin a while to gel with virtually a new side put together & the plan was always it can only get better as long as the season goes on, so to still be in touch with established sides as St.Austell & Tavistock shows that Darren Gilbert might just of got it right. So no slating from me today, just very proud. 

Better not lose anymore this season.....all Will be waiting.

Ok bald one ok to mention pasties as long as they are not Gingsters they are awful and its Big AL everybody seems to have a go at about watching Falmouth or not sorry the oder for getting the wrong person . In my opinion Josh Oak is the best goalie in the league on 2nd best 1st is Ryan Barnes , vey unusual for Josh to let in 7  goals minor blip think they will still end up top or 2nd Plymouth Argyle Res are the team to beat they are scoring goals for fun at the moment .Great Bodmin result that man Gilbert done well again everybody wrote Bodmin off beore the season you can never write them off i had them down to finish 4th .

2 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Ok bald one ok to mention pasties as long as they are not Gingsters they are awful and its Big AL everybody seems to have a go at about watching Falmouth or not sorry the oder for getting the wrong person . In my opinion Josh Oak is the best goalie in the league on 2nd best 1st is Ryan Barnes , vey unusual for Josh to let in 7  goals minor blip think they will still end up top or 2nd Plymouth Argyle Res are the team to beat they are scoring goals for fun at the moment .Great Bodmin result that man Gilbert done well again everybody wrote Bodmin off beore the season you can never write them off i had them down to finish 4th .

As I have said,I give Bodmin a top three finish.

4 hours ago, leedsunited said:

More utter rubbish 

9 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Downing missing for Newquay this weekend. Think it will be a very close match. Could be a tough game for Newquay.

21 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Who is the best goalie in the league? Couldn't understand if Ryan Barnes's number one fan was deserting him?