Cornwall Football Forum
Sign in to follow this  
inflikted

Kernow Football Alliance joins ConIFA

https://twitter.com/CONIFAOfficial/status/1060223496763121664

Mentioned this a while back but didn't get a very positive response. But it seems a Cornish team has been set up and may end up attempting to qualify for next year's Euros in Artsakh (disputed territory between Armenia and Azerbaijan).

7 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

I quite like this easy to watch YouTube link

More on the origins of the organisation than about the latest developments.

Be good to know more please

Afraid I don't know much about them, they haven't set up any social media yet. Apparently they registered as a company on Oct. 23 though: https://suite.endole.co.uk/insight/company/11637896-kernow-football-alliance-ltd

Yorkshire have expressed a willingness to play against them in 2019, possibly as a tournament involving Ellan Vannin and Jersey.

2 hours ago, Keith B said:

People moaned about having to travel from Falmouth, St Austell etc to Witheridge or Exmouth - how many will want to travel up country - or abroad  ? I just can't see it happening.

Depends how funded to some extent I guess! 

This is really interesting, and great news. Went to CONIFA final in June and would recommend it to football fans, thought at the time how brilliant it would be to see it hosted in Cornwall one day. Imagine how great a June tournament would be with matches hosted at Newquay, Falmouth, St Austell, Liskeard and a final at the Stadium For Cornwall (that could be stretching it though!). Could be a similar focal point to that of the Cornish rugby when they used to get to county finals at Twickenham. Not sure how the Cornish FA would view players taking part though.