Cornwall Football Forum

Jordan Annear signs for Parkway

You won’t be disappointed!!! Jordy is a top lad and a natural finisher, something you can’t teach, he just knows where the net is!! Comes from a great Truro footballing family. Would love to see him stay at Falmouth being a Town fan but he’s destined for a better level and I’m sure you’ll see that when he pulls on a Parkway shirt in the Western League.  Will relish playing with the likes of Yettsy.  ??

2 hours ago, The Town Man said:

Has he signed on full time or just as cover?

According to Plymouth Parkway Twitter it implies he has signed full time and will be in their squad for Saturday. 

A good opportunity to see Jack Bowyer and Matt Buchan form a more regular partnership up front for Town now?  But obviously bringing in a replacement for jordy would create more competition again. 

(Hopefully Matt can shake off his recent injury)

13 minutes ago, Mark Jones said:

According to Plymouth Parkway Twitter it implies he has signed full time and will be in their squad for Saturday. 

A good opportunity to see Jack Bowyer and Matt Buchan form a more regular partnership up front for Town now?  

(Hopefully Matt can shake off his recent injury)

Not a prolific goal scorer this season though!

OBVIOUSLY A MONEY ORIENTATED MOVE ,

3 minutes ago, BIG AL said:

Not a prolific goal scorer this season though!

OBVIOUSLY A MONEY ORIENTATED MOVE ,

Spot on once again Al! Trialled at Tiverton in the summer, and now hes gone to Parkway. No ambition from him at all, just wants an extra £5 in his pocket. DISGUSTING

So, when he moved to Falmouth via Porthleven and Newquay, nobody on here mentioned loyalty. Looks more like a player on an upward curve who has always looked to push himself at bigger clubs and tougher leagues. If he catches the eye at Parkway, then bigger clubs again will look at him. Nothing wrong with this, it is how it works.For example, nobody at Parkway has a bad word to say about Levi Landricombe and what he has achieved at Tiverton.

12 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

So, when he moved to Falmouth via Porthleven and Newquay, nobody on here mentioned loyalty. Looks more like a player on an upward curve who has always looked to push himself at bigger clubs and tougher leagues. If he catches the eye at Parkway, then bigger clubs again will look at him. Nothing wrong with this, it is how it works.For example, nobody at Parkway has a bad word to say about Levi Landricombe and what he has achieved at Tiverton.

absolutely hit the nail on the head, natural progression

1 minute ago, leedsunited said:

I don't think so ! 

If we're talking James Lorenz, then he is another young striker who looks like a future star. Would think he will stay at Liskeard this season, but who knows after that. Someone who has close to 30 goals already this season will have been noticed by bigger clubs. 

6 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

If we're talking James Lorenz, then he is another young striker who looks like a future star. Would think he will stay at Liskeard this season, but who knows after that. Someone who has close to 30 goals already this season will have been noticed by bigger clubs. 

Agreed, he has been ear marked by clubs higher than Swpl & Western league level. 

18 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Agreed, he has been ear marked by clubs higher than Swpl & Western league level. 

Including Parkway who he has played and scored for. Loyalty to a club who are at a lower level? No it's a player wanting to further himself. As mentioned above, the exact same that the Landricombe's, Rocky Neale, River Allen etc have done. Good on any player who wants to test themselves at a higher level. Massive credit to them 

5 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

Why is every topic ruined by the BIG AL either commenting  to wind people up who then stupidly take the bait and  the actual proper discussion gets lost in losds  of posts of tedious boring arguments . Ruining a good local football forum to be honest. 

Have to say it is getting a tadge frustrating now. Turning what used to be a forum debating football into a bit of a joke!

32 minutes ago, Hetty said:

Why does every topic on this form turn into a discussion about how much big al doesn’t support Falmouth.  It’s getting very boring 

Its not just falmouth that he slags off .its also cornwall football association, cswpl officials , referees expenses ,supposed ridiculous early k.o. times ridiculous venues for cup games even though he has no intention of attending .And what with the weather we've  had this week and whats forecast you just know he'll  be criticizing referees and grounsmen for calling off games this weekend .In a strange way ,you do feel a bit sorry for him but it ruins the forum .

1 hour ago, gingerninja said:

Yes. He ruins any good decent topic or discussion. 

I takes two (or more) people to have a discussion. As long as everyone comments on his posts he will carry on posting. Don't get drawn into the "Debate" for want of a better word!  He will surely get bored when he fails to get a reaction!

1 hour ago, The Town Man said:

I takes two (or more) people to have a discussion. As long as everyone comments on his posts he will carry on posting. Don't get drawn into the "Debate" for want of a better word!  He will surely get bored when he fails to get a reaction!

The problem is even when he doesn't get a response he still spouts absolute rubbish. When people respond, he then goes on the defensive claiming they're getting personal! 

1 hour ago, We Two said:

Does anyone realise that the last dozen or so comments on this forum, are about Big Al and most of the advice on here has been to ignore him.
Agreed !! so practise what you preach if you feel that's the answer!!

I remember when it used to be about football.

Jordan Annear is a good signing, will be interesting to see how he is used at Parkway, Adam Carter, Mike Smith, Stewart Yetton and now Annear means four players for two positions.

I think that we sail into very dangerous waters when we start talking about deleting the registrations of those we disagree with. BIG AL can be an irritating bore, but then, so, on occasions, can Leeds and indeed myself, as well as others I could name. However sometimes we do all make some interesting, relevant and on occasions, even humorous, posts.

Then of course there are the sanctimonious ones, the self opinionated ones and the ones who support Tottenham Hotspur. Get rid of ‘em all, then the sad few who miss the cull can post to each other and award each other little hearts and cups! (They go down there ⤵️ please)

The forum would be a much poorer place without the clowns ?

Sorry not to have mentioned Jordan Annear in my post but I’ve never seen the lad play, although I hear great things and will endeavour to rectify this before the season’s out.

8 hours ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

I think that we sail into very dangerous waters when we start talking about deleting the registrations of those we disagree with. BIG AL can be an irritating bore, but then, so, on occasions, can Leeds and indeed myself, as well as others I could name. However sometimes we do all make some interesting, relevant and on occasions, even humorous, posts.

Then of course there are the sanctimonious ones, the self opinionated ones and the ones who support Tottenham Hotspur. Get rid of ‘em all, then the sad few who miss the cull can post to each other and award each other little hearts and cups! (They go down there ⤵️ please)

The forum would be a much poorer place without the clowns ?

Sorry not to have mentioned Jordan Annear in my post but I’ve never seen the lad play, although I hear great things and will endeavour to rectify this before the season’s out.

C'mon you Spurs.

Homeless, and begging for points.....kick a man when he's on the streets why don't ya! 

2 hours ago, GaryGoggs10 said:

I think bringing in Jordan’s brother Tom would be a good move for parkway. The games I’ve seen him in he’s been a vocal leader with a good left foot. Would really hinder Falmouth losing two of their best players in a week. 

They already have a left back with a wand of a left foot in Jordan trott 

4 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Boy Annear wouldn't lace 'Trottys' boots, no comparison there guys ?

4 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Boy Annear wouldn't lace 'Trottys' boots, no comparison there guys ?

You ought to check you own boot laces, clearly you wouldn’t know a great defender if it bit you on the ass , never will you find a more committed player ,who gives his all ,whenever he gets the opportunity !

10 hours ago, Tracyanne said:

You ought to check you own boot laces, clearly you wouldn’t know a great defender if it bit you on the ass , never will you find a more committed player ,who gives his all ,whenever he gets the opportunity !

Not quite sure you understand my post Tracyanne, never questioned the boys commitment ... ? But you obviously haven't seen Jordan Trott or seen his pedigree ... ? I'm sure he doesn't need his girlfriend coming on & sticking up for him ?? Commitment never once come in to question, but ask any manager in the league, most if not All would want Jordan Trott in their side .... ?