Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Combination League and Cup Results - Saturday 3rd November 2018

Results for
Saturday 3rd November
Illogan RBL (???) 5-3 Wendron United Reserves (???) 
Att - ???
Mullion (Tom Bryant, Chris Blee) 2-1 Falmouth Town Reserves (???) 
Att - 30
Porthleven Reserves 0-3 Perranwell (Ian Bromwell 2, Rob Pell) 
Att - 24
Redruth United (Dan Horler 2, Tom Craze) 3-1 RNAS Culdrose (Kieran Eastwood) 
Att - 12
St Agnes 0-0 Carharrack 
Att - ???
St Day (Jacob Cleverly 2) 2-2 Lizard Argyle (Dagan Vauughan-Spruce 2) 
Att - 32
St Ives Town (Josh Magin 2) 2-1 Penryn Athletic (Ryan Reeve) 
Att - 30
St Just (Ashley Ellis 2, Jack Willis) 3-3 Pendeen Rovers (???) 
Att - 45
West Cornwall (Owain Barrett, Robertas Šumnauskas) 2-3 Hayle (George Holman 2, Charlie Parker) 
Att - 10

League Cup
1st Round 
Perranporth (Luke Wort 2, Justin Searle) 3-1 Helston Athletic Reserves (???)
Att - 30

13 minutes ago, Tom Trust said:

Is that another point for Carharrack? And a clean sheet? I wussed out again today - I hate watching football played in a strong wind, it spoils a game. Could have nipped over Illogan, I supposed: missed some goals, then!

Should have won it in the last min really. Despite the wind was a very good competitive game with both teams defending very well against the wind. Onwards and up for us. 

Good Feast entertainment at St Just and a deserved point apiece in a game dominated by teams with the wind behind them. St Just's prolific strikers Jack Willis, with a raking drive in off the post , put the Tinners ahead. Direct from a corner , Ellis doubled the lead on 24 minutes. The balance of play was challenged  by two late first half goals from Pendeen strikers, one a good free kick from twenty yards. Ellis scored his second and St Jyst's third from close range three minutes after the restart. Thereafter Pendeen, with the wind, pressed but lacked composure, the only reward for territorial advantage a second goal from the Mousehole No 9 on 70 minutes.Competitive Derby in lovely St Jyst Feast weather played mostly in a good spirit and excellently reffed by Ian Roberts.Glad I wore my Mac and gloves on the line !

Hayle went in at half time with a comfortable  2_0 lead  second half west Cornwall pulled two back  Hayle scored late on to earn the points , well reffed by Alan Hoon  West Cornwall probably deserved a point , but a good finish by George Holman was the difference  , West Cornwall keeper made a couple  of good saves ,  not the best football on display in the second half , but three point on the road 

11 hours ago, willy7 said:

I believe they were actually better last season as far as the table is concerned

We had a poor start to the season with a lot of first choice players away or injured, have only got back to a full squad over the last 3 matches and form is starting to show it. Yesterdays match with Port wasn't easy and it's probably fair to say that the wind was the winner! The Well should probably have scored more, Luffy was very unlucky to have a great shot come back off the bar after a great team move and we played some decent football when we kept it on the floor, but.............. Credit to Port who battled with only 11 starters and went down to 10 with an injury for half the first half, it's a real shame they are struggling for players with such good facilities. Fantastic pitch to play on and great credit to Mark and the team for its condition. Thanks to Porthleven for the hospitality after the match, the pasty's were great and made a nice change. Great to see young Sam Fisher come on to make his first team debut continuing the family dynasty.