Cornwall Football Forum

BOND TIMBER CORNWALL JUNIOR CUP - Saturday 27 October 2018

FIRST ROUND
Holman SC  8-1 Goonhavern Athletic

SECOND ROUND
EAST
AFC Bodmin 3-4 St Merryn (aet, 3-3 at 90 mins)
Boscastle 4-2 Queens Rangers
Holywell And Cubert 6-1 Gunnislake
Lostwithiel 2-1 Torpoint Athletic 3rds
North Petherwin 2-1 Godolphin Atlantic Reserves
Pensilva 5-3 Gerrans & St Mawes Utd
St Breward 4-2 St Eval Spitfires
St Cleer 15-2 Calstock
St Dominick 0-2 Sticker Reserves
St Mawgan 5-3 Nanpean Rovers
St Newlyn East 1-3 Foxhole Stars
Saltash United 3rds 1-3 Polperro Reserves
Stoke Climsland 3-2 St Dennis Reserves
Tregrehan Mills 7-2 St Ann's Chapel
Veryan 2-0 Kilkhampton

WEST
Falmouth Town AFC 3rds 0-3 Frogpool & Cusgarne
Gwinear Church Town 5-2 Lizard Argyle Reserves
Helston Athletic 3rds 6-0 Chacewater
Lanner 0-5 Threemilestone
Marazion 4-2 St Erme
Mawnan H/W RNAS Culdrose Reserves
Penryn Athletic 2nds 4-1 St Buryan
Penwith Exiles 11-1 Madron
Perranporth Reserves H/W Praze-An-Beeble
Probus 0-2 Illogan RBL Reserves
St Day Reserves 3-1  New Inn Titans
Stithians 8-2 Newlyn Non-Athletico
Storm 0-18 Mousehole 2nds
West Cornwall Reserves 4-2 Tregony

54 minutes ago, wedding280991 said:

I was appointed ref for mawnan v Culdrose and have just been informed Culdrose couldn’t raise a side

Any chance you want to referee a game at St Stephen? I know you’re obviously based down west but we are mid Cornwall. 

Without an official ref currently. 

Pensilva 5 - 3 Gerrans & St Mawes

Pensilva dominated the first half and were comfortable 5 - 1 leaders at half time. Excellent spirit from GSM saw them take the game by the scruff of the neck after the break and after ten minutes it was 5 - 3  -  game on.  This was great for a neutral spectator and it was a really well contested and entertaining second period, no further goals though and Pens deserved their win.

The old school refereeing by George Wright (as featured on tv !!) plus a good half time cuppa and lovely post match pint & chat all made for a great afternoon.

Looking forward to going on my travels with the chairman for the third round.

West Cornwall Res 4-2 Tregony 

Well reffed by Neil Stephens after 20 years of seeing him mouth off from A Goalmouth lol. 

Into the hat. 

Tregony did themselves no harm. Counter attacked after loads of pressure from Us, and took the lead twice only for us, to take 4/50 chances on goal. 

Best of luck to Tregony Good outfit 

15 minutes ago, PascoeR said:

West Cornwall Res 4-2 Tregony 

Well reffed by Neil Stephens after 20 years of seeing him mouth off from A Goalmouth lol. 

Into the hat. 

Tregony did themselves no harm. Counter attacked after loads of pressure from Us, and took the lead twice only for us, to take 4/50 chances on goal. 

Best of luck to Tregony Good outfit 

Thought we /Tregony were comfortable first half you had possession lots of shots from distance.

your goal to go 3-2 up killed us really the wind picked up and we couldn’t get out it was a great strike! Decent bunch and good food after couple of lads couldn’t find the pub and couple others had to get back best of luck in the next round

I agree, that was the decider but, I also think we - West Cornwall dominated first half to then concede against the run of play with Jason dyers pace, was a bitter pill to swallow. We had chance after chance. Decent football by both sides made a great junior cup tie 

Falmouth Town 0-3 Frogpool & Cusgarne

0-0 after a rather uneventful first half.

Deadlock was broken after a lovely floated free kick from Will Harding was flicked on by Sam Bromley for Lewis Bax to control and smash home from close range with his left foot.

Our second goal came after Aaron Coveney fed the ball to David Leach who beat a man before drilling it at the front post, the goalkeeper couldn’t prevent it from hitting the back of the net.

The third was a lovely worked move on the right handside, Will Harding’s stunning cross was buried superbly by Leach to cap off a solid second half performance.

Man of the match: Sam Bromley had an excellent game in midfield, but the side ultimately voted for the force of nature that is Lewis Bax who couldn’t have been beaten all afternoon.

Well officiated by Gary Stevens! Thank you to Falmouth Town for the hospitality, as always.

Lostwithiel 2 Torpoint 1 A cracking cup tie and a game of two halves. Jordan Cummings with both of our goals well finished in the first half. The second half was a different story with Torpoint pinning us back and reducing the arrears on 70 mins through a Ryan Searle OG. Point then battered us but we held on. I thought Torpoint were a class outfit and extremely gracious in defeat. Great to meet Luke and Ryan Gibbons sons of Old adversary Richard Gibbons and to see Phil Volz back in the middle and looking as fit as ever. 

8 hours ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

News of the NITs? I’d have thought that D.B. would keep them on their toes regarding updates!

I'm not associated with the club I'm afraid Bruegel.

The first team were beaten by St Day in the Junior Cup. The Reserves, I am told turned up to Threemilestone with 8 players but refused to play.

18 hours ago, Billy Davies said:

Lostwithiel 2 Torpoint 1 A cracking cup tie and a game of two halves. Jordan Cummings with both of our goals well finished in the first half. The second half was a different story with Torpoint pinning us back and reducing the arrears on 70 mins through a Ryan Searle OG. Point then battered us but we held on. I thought Torpoint were a class outfit and extremely gracious in defeat. Great to meet Luke and Ryan Gibbons sons of Old adversary Richard Gibbons and to see Phil Volz back in the middle and looking as fit as ever. 

Lostwithiel 2-1 Torpoint Athletic

Torpoint XI: M.Westall, C.Westall(C), R.Gibbons, D.Rogers, T.Copp, T.Rowe, S.Trethewey, L.Gibbons, C.Bays, B.Robbins, A.Parry

Scorer: S.Trethewey

Subs used: A.Richardson, F.Benney, Z.Rosen, S.White

Who doesn't love Junior Cup football?

In the first half Torpoint started very slowly, unable to get a real footing of the game. Losti knocked the ball around well with their ever impressive No.8, there goal came with a long diagonal ball with Cummings onrushing into the Torpoint area to slide the ball in to the back of the net. Losti continued to cause problems with this ball and could've felt aggrieved not to have received a penalty when the ball struck R.GIbbons' hand within the area. Davies made the save of the game when C.Bays unleashed a left footed rocket from the edge of the area, only to see his shot tipped over the bar. Torpoint's task was made even harder for the next 10mins as L.Gibbons saw time in the sinbin for appealing for a handball. Losti soon doubled their advantage when Cummings again slotted near post after some neat play within the Torpoint area. Entering half time the scoreline certainly could've been greater than 2-0.

After some strong words at half time and the Cup run on the line, Torpoint came out with real determination in the second half. A change in formation saw Torpoint getting a lot of joy wide. C.Bays & A.Parry linked up nicely down the left hand side with the latter forcing the Losti keeper, Davies, into an impressive stop. Torpoint continued to press and were causing problems all over the park. Torpoint soon found a reply when a C.Westall throw found L.Gibbons inside the area, the knock down was met by S.Trethewey to reduce arrears. This wasn't the only time the throw caused issues, Davies again saved when multiple balls dropped to Z.Rosen, T.Rowe & B.Robbins. May would've thought that this wasn't to be Torpoint's day and this was confirmed when a L.Gibbons ball found Z.Rosen to go through one on one with Davies, yet again another incredible save was made to prevent Torpoint leveling things late on. The Losti No.15 also finished the game in the sinbin for a decision that I couldn't explain...

MoM for me has to go to B.Davies, a throwback performance and he really showed his quality and experience. I'm always left impressed with the Losti No.8 and we managed to contain him second half. Players had be warned pre-game that any foul language, even at themselves, would see them given a 10min cool off period without question. I thought the referee had a really good game from a game flow point of view. I would however question the 2 sinbins, in neither case was foul language used yet the players were sent anyway. Surely a player digging himself out for shanking a ball out of play come within the flow of the game? Anyway... All the best to Lostwithiel in the next round. Thank you for the hospitality after the game, great to catch up with Billy. See you all in a few weeks!!

P.S. what's going on with the cutting of the pitch? A pitch for wingers at the moment and the central part of the surface was left uncut.

St Newlyn East 1 - 3 Foxhole Stars

We weren't at the races today! Complete opposite of last week's league encounter with Foxhole's missing players returning and us having 5 unavailable due to a wedding and other commitments.

We went ahead on 15 minutes against the run of play through Elliot Powell before Chris Ballett turned the ball into his own net for Foxes' equaliser ten minutes later. Foxhole were by far the better side and but for great keeping from Zef Counter in our goal should have scored more in the half.

We again started the second half sloppily and Foxhole scored just a minute after the restart before we again scored another own goal on 64 minutes - this time the unfortunate Steve Harris unable to get out of the way of a low cross and the deflection rocketing into the net.

One major positive was being able to end the game with 2 sixteen year olds  and 1 seventeen year old on the pitch (2 of which for their first taste of adult football). Well done Lucas Moses, Harry Owen and Callum Edgcombe.

Good luck to Foxhole in the next round - they were deserved winners on the day.

Stoke climsland 3- st Dennis 2

Either side could of won it both teams had chances our 16 yr old keeper played exceptionally well n didn't deserve to be on the losing side,a dodgy penalty call took the wind out of us n from there it was hard work,good luck in the next round Stoke climsland