Hungerford Town 2-0 Hampton & Richmond Borough     227

Oxford City 1-3 Chelmsford City 302

St Albans City 3-2 Slough Town 779

Truro City 3-1 Dartford  87

Wealdstone 0-3 Torquay United               1,241

Welling United 3-1 Gloucester City          600

Weston-super-Mare 1-2 Concord Ranger

Woking 1-3 Bath City

Obviously it's down to the League to have the final say, but when it comes to the ups and downs of Truro City FC circa 2004, it pays to make sure! :)

It always amazes me how drawn out these leagues seem to be when it comes to decisions like these. If Treyew Road is available, I can't see how the League can surely object to a club returning home!

35 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Obviously it's down to the League to have the final say, but when it comes to the ups and downs of Truro City FC circa 2004, it pays to make sure! :)

It always amazes me how drawn out these leagues seem to be when it comes to decisions like these. If Treyew Road is available, I can't see how the League can surely object to a club returning home!

Maybe the  fellow clubs have to be kept in the picture-It would be quite rude to tell Dartford that the fixture has been further moved on quite a few miles

18 minutes ago, Mike Odgers said:

Maybe the  fellow clubs have to be kept in the picture-It would be quite rude to tell Dartford that the fixture has been further moved on quite a few miles

Agree there has to be a certain time allowed for the change but this is supposed to be Step 2 football where one should expect decisions to be made reasonably quickly!

3 hours ago, somersetspur said:

Cornishwall,if its all down to the League.

Have Pete and Pep,agreed rental arrangements for Treyew Rd.

Thought I would ask you,because you seem to have the inside information.

Inside info,dont think so its just a bit of research and common sense. Try it some time.

5 minutes ago, CornishWall said:

Inside info,dont think so its just a bit of research and common sense. Try it some time.

Did your research,reveal weather Pete and Pep have agreed a rental deal at Treyew Rd,with ground owners JIL.

Only you did'nt answer the question.

Are Pete and Pep prepared to pay more to come back to Truro,if the cheaper option is to stay at Torquay.?

16 hours ago, somersetspur said:

Did your research,reveal weather Pete and Pep have agreed a rental deal at Treyew Rd,with ground owners JIL.

Only you did'nt answer the question.

Are Pete and Pep prepared to pay more to come back to Truro,if the cheaper option is to stay at Torquay.?

That's it in a nutshell. Helical have purposefully backed TCFC into a corner by saying they have no objection to them moving back to Treyew Road for the remainder of the season.  This presumably means that the c£2.6M payable to TCFC by way of the 'Temporary Relocation Facility Scheme' as the planning documents call it or the brown envelope as most of us would call it, is not now required to be paid, at least not until Helical finally commence development (if they ever do).  I would imagine that the owners are getting a little twitchy now as their plan was clearly to use the c£2.6m to repay themselves the debts they created on the club accounts to fund the club to this point and use the rest to fund the club until the S4C is ready.  Now they are looking at funding the club themselves by creating more debt on the club accounts (and in so doing making the club less attractive to any potential buyer)until such time as Helical eventually move in, with the ever likely scenario that they never will.  I suspect that the discussions with JIL and Helical are more lengthy than those with the League but my guess is that Truro will move back to Treyew Road in the next few weeks but what deal the owners have managed to strike for themselves, we may never know.

6 hours ago, Never-Pay-Never said:

That's it in a nutshell. Helical have purposefully backed TCFC into a corner by saying they have no objection to them moving back to Treyew Road for the remainder of the season.  This presumably means that the c£2.6M payable to TCFC by way of the 'Temporary Relocation Facility Scheme' as the planning documents call it or the brown envelope as most of us would call it, is not now required to be paid, at least not until Helical finally commence development (if they ever do).  I would imagine that the owners are getting a little twitchy now as their plan was clearly to use the c£2.6m to repay themselves the debts they created on the club accounts to fund the club to this point and use the rest to fund the club until the S4C is ready.  Now they are looking at funding the club themselves by creating more debt on the club accounts (and in so doing making the club less attractive to any potential buyer)until such time as Helical eventually move in, with the ever likely scenario that they never will.  I suspect that the discussions with JIL and Helical are more lengthy than those with the League but my guess is that Truro will move back to Treyew Road in the next few weeks but what deal the owners have managed to strike for themselves, we may never know.

Great post,which is spot on.

Wonder what newbie Cornishwall with his inside info,will think of that.

Surely its cheaper to come back to Truro.  more gate money, more bar money.  Wages are the same wherever we play.  The Helical money will come eventually and will go towards S4C and reduce debts at the bank.  I don't think anybody has backed us into a corner,  LIDL can't make there mind up which is no surprise with all the problems in the High street at the moment.  Its not some cunning plot to see us off.  The owners have kept this club going and deserve big thanks for that.  I read yesterday about the owner of Hereford selling up and saying he sort of enjoyed his time despite being cast as the devil by all the keyboard warriors who have no idea what is involved in running a football club.  Not sure i'd call it brown envelope money, we are lucky to have anything after the clowns gave the club away.

23 minutes ago, superdario said:

Surely its cheaper to come back to Truro.  more gate money, more bar money.  Wages are the same wherever we play.  The Helical money will come eventually and will go towards S4C and reduce debts at the bank.  I don't think anybody has backed us into a corner,  LIDL can't make there mind up which is no surprise with all the problems in the High street at the moment.  Its not some cunning plot to see us off.  The owners have kept this club going and deserve big thanks for that.  I read yesterday about the owner of Hereford selling up and saying he sort of enjoyed his time despite being cast as the devil by all the keyboard warriors who have no idea what is involved in running a football club.  Not sure i'd call it brown envelope money, we are lucky to have anything after the clowns gave the club away.

Clowns.?You mean the Trustees.

The Club was'nt given away.

The ground was.

On 25/10/2018 at 09:48, Dave Deacon said:

Billericay Town 1-1 Dulwich Hamlet         1,384

Chippenham Town 2-0 East Thurrock United       502

Eastbourne Borough 3-0 Hemel Hempstead Town            481

Hungerford Town 2-0 Hampton & Richmond Borough     227

Oxford City 1-3 Chelmsford City 302

St Albans City 3-2 Slough Town 779

Truro City 3-1 Dartford  87

Wealdstone 0-3 Torquay United               1,241

Welling United 3-1 Gloucester City          600

Weston-super-Mare 1-2 Concord Ranger

Woking 1-3 Bath City

Pete's big speech with the fans.

New signings.

Team starting to collect some points.

But still,not much response from the fans.

87,is embarrasing.

Also heard a negative rumour,about TCFC so called return to Treyew Rd.

On 25/10/2018 at 13:17, Dave Deacon said:

The league will always do what they can to protect all it's member clubs but those clubs individually need to respond in kind being fair in their dealings; we have spent over a decade going cap in hand, we have a reputation of not knowing the truth if it bit our backsides. the previous regime was known for changing their stance when confronted with a request for a more professional approach to their excuses and the current secrecy surrounding the club doesn't help matters - I can imagine league meetings "Any other business?" - Oh no not Truro City AGAIN.

Surely the buck stops at Truro City's headquarters offices - now where could that be! - To criticise the league management is wholly unfair, those of us who are still supporting the club don't know what is going on so what chance have the league officials got understanding the complexes of Cornwall's best selling soap opera.

No good looking at the official website that is so out of date the highlight is last seasons team photo of players who have mainly left for pastures new.

Not even a warning to visiting supporters not to book accommodation because fixtures could be the subject to change.

The Dartford match video highlighted P.M's brilliant master plan of importing the "Gulls" to make up for the lack of crowd noise.

1 hour ago, Rayvon said:

I feel one of my songs coming on, this time it's Johnny Nash with "There are more Questions than Answers" Who knows what is going on at the moment and only time will tell I'm afraid. :ph34r:

I feel this is the most precarious position TCFC have ever been in.

My fear would be, the easiest solution is to pull the plug once monies are back in the banks of the debtors.