Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Combination League and Cup Results - Saturday 27th October 2018

Results
Saturday 27th October 2018
Carharrack (Ben Glanville, Jake Gregory, Greg Gilman) 3-6 St Agnes (Charlie Kemp 2, Mike Burn, Sam White, Mark Bell, Bayley Milling) 
Att - 18
Falmouth Town Reserves (Rhys Allen, Gavin Perraton, Fraser Harris) 3-3 Helston Athletic Reserves (Joe Wright 2, Dan Stidwell) 
Att - 35
Perranwell A-A Perranporth

League Cup
1st Round 
Hayle 0-2 Wendron United Reserves (Guill McIvor, William Pau)
Att - 33
Illogan RBL (Ashley Smeeth 3, Steve Abbott-Smith, Luke Abbott-Smith, Aaron Meyers, Anton Oliver, Tyler Prescott, Jack Adams) 9-2 Porthleven Reserves (Matt Dawson, Connor Blake) 
Att - 40
Lizard Argyle (Dagan Vaughan-Spruce 2) 2-4 St Day (Gavin Boon 3, Dan Richards) 
Att - 31
Mullion (Tom Bryant, Jack Rutterford) 2-5 St Just (Ashley Ellis 3, Andrew Curnow, OG) 
Att - 25
Pendeen Rovers P-P West Cornwall 
Redruth United (Ben Widdershoven Dan Horler, Tom Craze) 3-5 (aet) St Ives Town (Max Davies 2, Dave Booles, Josh Magin, Charlie Boon)
Att - 15
RNAS Culdrose 0-5 Penryn Athletic (Ryan Reeve 3, Bradley Leivers, James Daniel) 
Att - 10

Hayle lost 2÷ 0to Wendron ,  1 nil half time well taken 2 goal to put the game to  bed  , Danny Ford made a coup,e of good saves to keep the score to  2 , Wendron deserved winners today , not a lot  happening for Hayle up front today , a few changes to personal  but  that is no excuse , some Hayle players need to play to the whistle , and stop the moaning and just play the game ,  we all make mistakes  but gripping about them doesntchange things , Wendron with amix of youth and experience  played the better football over 9o minutes , good to meet Peter Thorne again another unsung  hero of local football.  Without people , like Peter there would be less local football  to enjoy , att today 33 plus two dogs , good luck to Wendron in the next round and supplementary cup for Hayle , always next season to quote Older lol 

1 hour ago, Soccer Follower said:

Hearing that the Perranwell v Perranporth match was abandoned just before half time due to a bad injury to Steve Brewer.Hope it is not as bad as feared.

Unfortunate end to what had the makings of a great match which was balanced at 1-1, looks like a T&F break, both players sliding in for a challenge, ref saw it as a red to the Perranwell player which looked to be more for the injury than the challenge, but that doesn't really matter when a player's suffered a serious injury. Everyone at Perranwell wishes Steve all the best for a swift recovery and return to football.

20 minutes ago, Andys said:

Unfortunate end to what had the makings of a great match which was balanced at 1-1, looks like a T&F break, both players sliding in for a challenge, ref saw it as a red to the Perranwell player which looked to be more for the injury than the challenge, but that doesn't really matter when a player's suffered a serious injury. Everyone at Perranwell wishes Steve all the best for a swift recovery and return to football.

Breaking someone’s leg doesn’t constitute endangering the safety of a player then? Strange way of looking at I suppose.

In law referee is 100% correct to send off.

Just now, Laws of the Game said:

Breaking someone’s leg doesn’t constitute endangering the safety of a player then? Strange way of looking at I suppose.

Were you at the game? I wasn’t, but not every tackle that ends with a serious injury is a foul!

Redruth United 3 st Ives 5 aet 

Scorers for Redruth Ben Widdershoven Dan Horler and Tom Craze 

Great game end to end game changed when redruth defender sent off with 20 to go of normal time 3 all at the end of 90 minutes. Good luck to st Ives in the next round. 15 watching. Scorers for Redruth Ben Widdershoven Dan Horler and Tom Craze. I know max davis had 2 for st. Ives 15 watching 

13 minutes ago, Laws of the Game said:

Unless you were at the game AND also a mind-reader - what an absolute stupid comment to make!

16 minutes ago, Postman Pat said:

Redruth United 3 st Ives 5 aet 

Scorers for Redruth Ben Widdershoven Dan Horler and Tom Craze 

Great game end to end game changed when redruth defender sent off with 20 to go of normal time 3 all at the end of 90 minutes. Good luck to st Ives in the next round. 15 watching. Scorers for Redruth Ben Widdershoven Dan Horler and Tom Craze. I know max davis had 2 for st. Ives 15 watching 

Who scored for redruth?... ?

13 minutes ago, Laws of the Game said:

There was no intent to hurt anyone by either player. The fact that one suffered a break is regrettable, but the Well's player did not go out with the intention of "breaking someone's leg". As the Perranwell player also suffered significant swelling and bruising to his shin from the coming together, with both players sliding into the challenge, I and many others watching thought it was a 50/50 with a very regrettable outcome. I guess the question I would ask is, if the player hadn't suffered a break, might the challenge have been judged differently? The decision doesn't actually matter, a player has suffered a serious injury and for that we are all very sorry and we wish him a speedy recovery.

49 minutes ago, Laws of the Game said:

A leg break may not even be a foul!! It doesn't say anywhere in the LOTG that if players leg is broken, the challenger must be sent off, so not 100% a red card.

Luke Shaw broke his leg in a massive (but fair) challenge a few seasons ago where two players went full blooded into a challenge. I don't even think a foul was called.

Heard the Falmouth Manager (the one with the forehead) say ‘I’d rather not have a ref at all’, this was after Tim Reeks gave a yellow card & not a red to the Helston keeper.

shocking attitude from him...bet he’s one of the first to complain when/if they’re not fixtures due to ref shortage.

10 minutes ago, SWFC said:

Heard the Falmouth Manager (the one with the forehead) say ‘I’d rather not have a ref at all’, this was after Tim Reeks gave a yellow card & not a red to the Helston keeper.

shocking attitude from him...bet he’s one of the first to complain when/if they’re not fixtures due to ref shortage.

The one with the forehead ?

Good game at Mullion, which could gave gone either way till the last ten minutes. Tinners took the lead after an og in the first 5 minutes . Good Mullion equaliser inside the box just before the break. Andrew Curnow header from a corner on the hour, slightly against the run of play, put St Just ahead. Ashley Ellis seemingly made it safe on 77 minutes, but a good finish from the Mullion striker was followed by a saved penalty on 80 minutes. Ellis completed a hat trick as Mullion tried to push on in the closing stages. Entertaining, sporting,very well reffed. Excellent passing game from St Just.

Carharrack 3, St Agnes 6

Can't give any scorers' names but goals were 1 - 0 (2), 1 - 1 (24), 1 - 2 (39 pen), 1 - 3 (45+1), 1 - 4 (48), 2 - 4 (54), 2 - 5 (71), 2 - 6 (81 pen), 3 - 6 (90+4).

(Sigh!)

A coach knows he can expect a breakthrough as his players begin to put his coaching into practice. Sadly, too many of the Carharrack boys just aren't doing that. Of course, to get through to players you need them all at all training sessions and they need to be able to acknowledge their shortcomings. I don't believe this is the case at Carharrack. Weeks ago I railed against the naive way the players failed to close down opponents with the ball but just dived in like headless chickens. Weeks later they are still getting it wrong. Aggie's 1st goal was a far post header, harder to train players to defend than JOCKEYING! 2nd goal, player wide left receives ball, runs, one defender dives right in with no attempt to slow the opponent down so is easily beaten, 2nd defender dives in, brings the man down, penalty. Two players responsible for that goal. 3rd goal, player attempts to jockey but legs wide apart rather than one ahead of the other, nutmeg, goal. The fourth goal doesn't stick in my mind: I just wrote "silly error" in my notes but now can't recall it! The 5th goal: high ball forward, two defenders approach it, one calls, the other ignores the call, they collide. Keystone cops stuff, but the opponent was completely free to cross for the goal. 6th goal 2nd pen, conceded by a defender diving in rather than jockeying.

So 3 goals that could have been prevented if players not only listened to their coach but did what he's tried to teach them. Same players as in the 1st couple of games still diving in like Tom Daley, showing no signs of having learned anything since the season began, which bodes ill for the rest of the season.

1st half, Carharrack's No 9 had the ball in the right channel, was determined to have a shot, but an Aggie defender just jockeyed him across the top of the box, this way and that, not diving in, preventing the No 9 from shooting - he wasn't going to pass - until he shot in desperation, the ball cannoning off an Aggie leg. A perfect lesson, I would have thought, of how to defend. You don't have to be six foot three, or be 15st of solid muscle, or be as skillful as Pele, nor brave as a lion.nor particularly quick: you just have to know how to slow an opponent down and prevent him from getting past you. A few of the Aggie lads had that ability and that was the difference between the two sides.

Carharrack's third goal was a worldie, though!

Message from management and Perranporth football club 

On behalf of myself (Lee Denton & Justin Miles) & Perranporth football Club would like to wish Steve Brewer a full & quick recovery from a bad leg break today against Perranwell. 
We would like to thank staff & players at Perranwell football club for there quick response to the injury and also our amazing physio Shelley Wort. 
Emergency services also for quick response within 20 minutes. 
Perranporth football Club will support Steve & his family through this bad injury and make sure he comes out the other side fully fit and back with the club again.

maybe we could leave the discussion of the challenge now and all wish Stevie a full recovery! 

2 hours ago, Laws of the Game said:

Are you a complete TOOL??

50/50 can be fair but firm, and just momentum and movement could cause a break, or injury. Never had something so stupid, as to what you have said. Absolute complete ball bag, to even come on here and write that all challenges that cause injury deserve a red. GROW UP. 

2 minutes ago, Maler10 said:

Message from management and Perranporth football club 

On behalf of myself (Lee Denton & Justin Miles) & Perranporth football Club would like to wish Steve Brewer a full & quick recovery from a bad leg break today against Perranwell. 
We would like to thank staff & players at Perranwell football club for there quick response to the injury and also our amazing physio Shelley Wort. 
Emergency services also for quick response within 20 minutes. 
Perranporth football Club will support Steve & his family through this bad injury and make sure he comes out the other side fully fit and back with the club again.

maybe we could leave the discussion of the challenge now and all wish Stevie a full recovery! 

Well done Lee superb Gesture.  Horrible accident to happen. 

7 minutes ago, Roy D said:

It's a big no no. I remember Newquay doing it a couple of seasons ago & pretty sure they got the maximum possible penalty. 

I'd have to look through the County Handbook to get a definitive answer. 

They can't do it in the same league/competition, I know that much. I should imagine that West Cornwall checked before making the decision though 

Love people jumping to conclusions. Our first team unfortunately today at West was completely depleted as it has been regularly. A strong team? It was purely our regular lads. We had the players for one side today..... was it fair for the junior lads to step up and drop out of their best cup competition today because the first team were short. We had 12 ourselves today then we had the 3 back we lost to help them make a side. 

Myself and dan inch at the moment are on the blowers every week and have had weeks where both teams have gone out with bare 11. Had this been possible today it would have happend. It wasn’t. 

No comment of the team that lost to st day last week featuring quite a few reserve team players stepping up to help the club?? 

9 hours ago, paulo bestiniho said:

Love people jumping to conclusions. Our first team unfortunately today at West was completely depleted as it has been regularly. A strong team? It was purely our regular lads. We had the players for one side today..... was it fair for the junior lads to step up and drop out of their best cup competition today because the first team were short. We had 12 ourselves today then we had the 3 back we lost to help them make a side. 

Myself and dan inch at the moment are on the blowers every week and have had weeks where both teams have gone out with bare 11. Had this been possible today it would have happend. It wasn’t. 

No comment of the team that lost to st day last week featuring quite a few reserve team players stepping up to help the club?? 

Why not go out with 10 in each team and complete both fixtures

14 hours ago, paulo bestiniho said:

It's obviously not your fault & it's obviously not the players who turned up today's fault. But the fact is They are called the 1st team & the reserve team for a reason. There is no reason or excuse why any club should be able to field a reserve team but not a 1st team. I know it's not ideal stepping up a few league's to probably lose, but that's part & parcel of being a reserve team player. The players who aren't available need to have a word with themselves but at the point the reserve players need to step up.

Sad news from perranwell, all the best to Steve brewer from everyone at st Ives....

Apologies to Redruth for not coming back to your place afterwards, apparently most of the drivers yesterday were going off to the masked ball, ( doesn't mean a lot to me!!!!).... Good battle yesterday and we were pleased to come out of it with the win....spectators not best pleased with the extra time as it was flippin freezing on the sidelines....all the best for the season...

1 hour ago, Roy D said:

It's obviously not your fault & it's obviously not the players who turned up today's fault. But the fact is They are called the 1st team & the reserve team for a reason. There is no reason or excuse why any club should be able to field a reserve team but not a 1st team. I know it's not ideal stepping up a few league's to probably lose, but that's part & parcel of being a reserve team player. The players who aren't available need to have a word with themselves but at the point the reserve players need to step up.

How many that sign for the Trelawny team at the start of the season want the prospect or opportunity  of playing for the Combo side?

It could be that they are not really a “Reserve” side but instead a “Second” team under the West Cornwall club name banner and that the players really have no intention or desire to turn out for the Combo side. You’ve also got the added interference problem of Senior appearances I guess as well!

20 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

How many that sign for the Trelawny team at the start of the season want the prospect or opportunity  of playing for the Combo side?

It could be that they are not really a “Reserve” side but instead a “Second” team under the West Cornwall club name banner and that the players really have no intention or desire to turn out for the Combo side. You’ve also got the added interference problem of Senior appearances I guess as well!

Tell that to the 7 or 8 second team players that stepped up last week against one of the best sides in the league ?

Agree with the above but let's just leave it there. A club should always make sure there first team complete it's fixture at the cost of the others, It's up to the league's committee now I guess. Probably just a fine, hope West Cornwall can bring in a few new players so that they can put two team's out on a weekend.

Regarding West Cornwall..  in my opinion its being made to look worse from outsiders.. from their point of view i would say it was more of a common sence decision!.

Why should the regular second team players miss out on there biggest cup.. to fulfil a fixture in a combo cup which no disrespect WC were probably not going to win.

It is a little worrying that you couldn't raise two sides.. a well run club full of top people. Hopefully numbers improve sharpish. 

45 minutes ago, S Abbo said:

Regarding West Cornwall..  in my opinion its being made to look worse from outsiders.. from their point of view i would say it was more of a common sence decision!.

Why should the regular second team players miss out on there biggest cup.. to fulfil a fixture in a combo cup which no disrespect WC were probably not going to win.

It is a little worrying that you couldn't raise two sides.. a well run club full of top people. Hopefully numbers improve sharpish. 

And the second are going to win the junior cup? Common sence is your first team comes first. No point I having 1st team's and Res if you don't treat them that way.

1 hour ago, willy7 said:

And the second are going to win the junior cup? Common sence is your first team comes first. No point I having 1st team's and Res if you don't treat them that way.

No but they did win on Saturday... now have the chance of a decent day out... (east teams now entering) WC 1st go into the sup cup... 

In my eyes thats the best outcome.. 

3 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

So why didn’t they this week then?

Couldn't tell you. I'm not involved, just a spectator as and when work allows.

3 minutes ago, S Abbo said:

No but they did win on Saturday... now have the chance of a decent day out... (east teams now entering) WC 1st go into the sup cup... 

That's what I would have said. Totally agree that a 1st team game should always be fulfilled before the 2nd team fixture, but in this case it's incredibly hard on the 2nd team lads that play every week, to not play in their biggest cup competition. Hopefully things improve and players start taking a look at themselves and become available. Unfortunately it's a sign of the times, and people would rather spend the day with their partners. Couldn't think of anything worse!

23 minutes ago, S Abbo said:

I agree with what your saying because they would have more of a opportunity to far in the supp cup but first team should always comes first.