Cornwall Football Forum

Ex Falmouth boys out to prove a point

Bodmin Town - used to winning things and keeping clean sheets regularly with the likes of Kev Miller etc as part of a solid back line 

However tonight could see the entire Bodmin defence made up of ex Falmouth town defenders tonight - (Timmons, Whipp, Ash, Clarke). 

Begs two questions-

1 - why has Westy and co let these boys go?

OR

2 - have BTFC inherited lads deemed not good enough?

seems a far cry from the defensive line of past seasons!!! 

Ed Timmins left a couple seasons ago, his choice I believe. Same I think with Tom Whipp.

Jake Ash defected to Truro with Mr Massey 13 years ago.

Harry Clarke I believe is off to university or is there already and wouldn't be available as often.

All good players who I'm sure will have a point to prove tonight for their own reasons.

10 hours ago, Fanfare said:

Add into the mix Steve Colwill and Danny O'Hagan as ex Falmouth players.

They didn't make their point tonight.

According to the programme part of the Bodmin management team is Kevin Miller and Dave Leonard also ex Town that is if its the same Dave Leonard.

Were they at Priory Park last night as I understand Darren Gilbert was not.

1 hour ago, Mike Odgers said:

According to the programme part of the Bodmin management team is Kevin Miller and Dave Leonard also ex Town that is if its the same Dave Leonard.

It's the Dave Leonard that was last at Mousehole. Not the one who was at Truro City 

6 hours ago, Mike Odgers said:

As Dave said. Gilby wasn't there so the referee had a fairly quiet night. Apart from Westy shouting!

I did wonder about the number 77. I can imagine why Bowler wears 18, there's always one shirt that's bigger than the others...

2 hours ago, Fanfare said:

As Dave said. Gilby wasn't there so the referee had a fairly quiet night. Apart from Westy shouting!

I did wonder about the number 77. I can imagine why Bowler wears 18, there's always one shirt that's bigger than the others...

Still nothing from big al or leeds utd with his usual honest match report .