Cornwall Football Forum

Newquay vs Torpoint

What a crazy game this was tonight 4-4 when i walked in and saw my favourite striker Adam Carter in a Torpoint shirt i thought NeWQUAY didnt have a chance ,they started the game on fire George Marris down the wing put across a lovely turner which Hayden Turner couldnt miss and before half time Newquay where 2-0 up thanks to the brilliant striker jose Perez .Second half came and Torpoint must of had a rollicking they scored 4 second half goals 2 from awful mistakes by the Newquay goalie , 1 a brilliant goal by Adam Carter he sold the Newquay defender a brilliant dummy and put the ball away with a brilliant finish Torpoint went 3-2 in front then Jack Bray was 1 on 1 with Torpoint goalie Peters, and hit it straight at him the ball went out to Cam Turner, and he blasted wildly over .The equaliser by JBE to make it 3-3 came with a brilliant goal from Bray Evans a tremendous curling shot that was some goal but then the Newquay Goalie made a bad mistake and Torpoint where 4-3 up with time running out Newquay got a free kick and Torpoint had 5 players in the wall and the brilliant Bray EVANS STEPPED UP AND BENDED the ball into the back of the Torpoint one hell of a goal his 1st goal was good but this one was Beckham quality or Ronaldo it was that good .Tremendous game tonight good to see Cam Turner having such a good game and Hayden Turner causing havoc in the  1st half and Harry Downing having a fine game as captain and centre half .Was worth going up to see what must be 1 of the games of the season .My man of the match JACK BRAY EVANS JUST CLASS and for TORPOINT MY MAN ADAM CARTER hes such a skillfull player he was laying the ball off to team mates such a good target man and his goal was class .Well done to the officials they let the game flow both goalies where at fault with some of the goals but also made good saves .Well done NEWQUAY on the up now and Torpoint good luck for the season dont think Danny ZALLICK played tonight

Thought ex Plymouth Argyle Youth team captain 'Harry Downing' had a great game tonight (although marshalling a defence that has shipped 4 Goals) once again he was let down by his other defensive colleges who are conceding goals like a tap leaking water. Be amazed if Downing doesn't get a big offer from one of the League Challengers, possibly even Parkway as this lad is a very good player, in a very poor team. 

52 minutes ago, THE BALD ONE said:

Well I hope Carter is fit for Saturday . He has been out for several weeks with a broken hand. 

With you there BALD ONE, why is Carter playing for Torpoint when he's out injured for Parkway? Or is he not happy at Parkway? Who knows, but it seems a bit fishy to me

1 hour ago, THE BALD ONE said:

I get from a match fitness point of view this is good , but would not have risked it seeing the situation we are in with current injuries.

If he had already started to play it makes sense for match fitness, but he was ruled out for Saturday and then plays on Tuesday, baffles me 

10 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

He likes playing in Cornwall. 

He appreciates a high 6 every time he scores ??

1 hour ago, Elephant said:

With you there BALD ONE, why is Carter playing for Torpoint when he's out injured for Parkway? Or is he not happy at Parkway? Who knows, but it seems a bit fishy to me

Match fitness although I am never sure he has ever been match fit. Scary thought if he ever did he would be top notch

12 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Thought ex Plymouth Argyle Youth team captain 'Harry Downing' had a great game tonight (although marshalling a defence that has shipped 4 Goals) once again he was let down by his other defensive colleges who are conceding goals like a tap leaking water. Be amazed if Downing doesn't get a big offer from one of the League Challengers, possibly even Parkway as this lad is a very good player, in a very poor team. 

I wouldn't say Newquay are a poor team Leeds. They have twice been very close to getting something out of there games with Bodmin and were the better side against Falmouth over 90 minutes, only drawing due to going down to ten men . They have also beaten Buckland and Hengrove this season. For a team with an average age of 21 it is not bad going and they have improved from last year  

Did you see the goals last night? The goalie cost them twice and the others came from the two young centre backs being dominated by bigger centre forwards 

How would you suggest the young lads of Newquay improve?

2 hours ago, Roman Reigns said:

I wouldn't say Newquay are a poor team Leeds. They have twice been very close to getting something out of there games with Bodmin and were the better side against Falmouth over 90 minutes, only drawing due to going down to ten men . They have also beaten Buckland and Hengrove this season. For a team with an average age of 21 it is not bad going and they have improved from last year  

Did you see the goals last night? The goalie cost them twice and the others came from the two young centre backs being dominated by bigger centre forwards 

Maybe 'Poor' was the wrong expression, I possibly meant 'Not Very Good' if that sounds better. 15 points from 15 games, & 38 goals conceded in that time to me doesn't sound 'Very Good?' 

Coming close to beating teams really doesn't mean Anything in Football ... or Chess, Badminton, or Bowls ... ! But one Positive is that boy Harry Downing at the back, the games I have seen he has been badly let down with the the people around him, just my observations. To me he is to good for that Newquay side. Again, only my observations. 

I also thought Harry Downing was class last night since hes been made captain his game has just got better and better i think the 2 full backs Harry Tillson and Ollie Dart both had good games and Tillson did 1 unbelievable clearance off the line last night the blame lies squarely with the goalie hes made lots of mistakes and did a couple more last night to concede 2 of the Torpoint goals ,the Newquay team is getting better and better and with Cam Turner and Jack Bray Evans ,playing well the only way is up for th Peppermints .Hoping Newquay can keep held of Harry, hes been playing brilliant in his last 3 haome games his faced 3 of the top strikers around in HOBBS ,ANNEAR AND LAST NIGHT CARTER and hes done well against them all .When you say Harry is too good for the Newquay side maybe he is but i reckon Jack Bray Evans is and the 2 goals he scored last night was proof of that they where just so good only think i think is wrong with Jack Bray EVANS play is hes very greedy on the ball but all good players are like last night after he missed a sitter when 1 on 1 with the goalie im thinking get him off then he scores 2 worldly goals .Newquay have got the makings of a real good team there think they need another centre half to play alongside Harry and another goalie .

On 24/10/2018 at 12:17, Roman Reigns said:

You'll get used to Leeds. Any opportunity to have a dig at Newquay, and the lad takes it.

I think someone from Mountwise defecated in his shoes, and they were is favourite shoes. He's never forgiven the club for that.

Very bitter the man is.