Cornwall Football Forum

To be played on Saturday 2nd February with a 2pm kick off at the ground of the first drawn.

This is the draw for the area semi-finals.Neutral grounds for the area finals.

Looking at the East Area,Looe seem to have a very good side seeing as they put out one of the favourites,St.Cleer in the third round and demolished St.Dennis,last season's beaten finalists,in the fourth round.

Heh! spenny what do you think of this draw now, if you can overcome mawnan you have the home draw advantage you if so.

Our chances are very tough now having to go down to st kevern if they overcome mousehole tough place to go and they are very strong, hopefully as our defence is very strong we could probably take them to a replay at our ground.

best of luck to the remaining teams

nope tms currently sit top of mining 1 but portreath do have games in hand

tms no9, Sorry to say but you are wrong :(

Portreath and Threemilestone are both joint top of Mining 1 as you are both on 40 points, In fact Portreath are actually sitting on top with Threemilestone in second place due to goal difference.

As you play for Threemilestone and have Internet access it may be worth looking at the Threemilestone website as this has an updated (4/1/08)-league table.

It shows Portreath top with 40 points and Threemilestone second on 37 points but as you played and won 5-7 last Saturday (5/1/08) then this obviously puts you both on 40 points now (Portreath played in the Junior Cup last week so no league game for them).

Hope this clears it up for you. :D

neil ansell, I think it may be you who needs to wake up as the Semi-Finals are usualy played at the home teams pitch, The Area final is on a Neutral pitch. (See post by soccer follower) :D

haha i have been mis informed my apoligises

in that case portreath are buggered

cockneykneeboy you always seem to be getting on the case of threemilestone and in particular tms no9 who ever he is any reason, just got this from my observations

good bye and good night from the neilster

dont think he is getting on my back at all mate just pointing out my mistakes

who do you play for neil?

Hey Darren, it would be great to see a Portreath v Chacewater area final but i dont think us or Mawnan are looking any further than saturdays game. I do think a home draw gives the fal/hel 1 boys an advantage in the semi finals, but from what i have heard Truro City or yourselves cant be taken lightly and im sure wont be.

Best of luck to all involved (except mawnan obviously!!!!)

haha i have been mis informed my apoligises

in that case portreath are buggered

cockneykneeboy you always seem to be getting on the case of threemilestone and in particular tms no9 who ever he is any reason, just got this from my observations

good bye and good night from the neilster

I’m not too sure where you are going with this fella but believe me you are so wrong.

I was not having a go at Threemilestone or tms no9 I was merely pointing out that they were joint top of mining 1 with portreath. :D

Also the fact that you did not know the rules of the junior cup whereby only the Area final is played on a neutral ground. :blink:

You have been a member since December 7th and only posted 21 times most of which has been a load of old tosh. :D

From what I can see from your posts I take it your at Falmouth Albion or are you something to do with the Calenick crowd that has been suspended from playing in the Sunday league? :o

Oh just one more thing young skywalker what’s with all this good bye and good night from the neilster crap, you sound like your still wearing nappies pal. :yahoo:

Tms no9 looks like it will be a close call between yourselves and Portreath for mining 1, Two very good sides I might add. :clapper:

Guest geachy1

that is not the real neil ansal as i spoke to him at a albion game he hasnt got a username on this forum.

i think you will find it is some1 who is using his identidy

Looking at the draw I think Portreath will have their work cut out at St Keverne, on the other hand if they do get a result down their it will be a big plus for the mining league good luck to both sides. I tip Mawnan to take Chacewater by the odd goal ( no offence to chacewater but against St Just your defence looked terrible, and Greg will exploit that)

Looking at the draw I think Portreath will have their work cut out at St Keverne, on the other hand if they do get a result down their it will be a big plus for the mining league good luck to both sides. I tip Mawnan to take Chacewater by the odd goal ( no offence to chacewater but against St Just your defence looked terrible, and Greg will exploit that)

Urban spaceman/geachy i do not apprecaite these accusations you can quite clearly see that bushy is using the same language as this person, i do not have the time nor inclination to muck around making people up

I can clear my name of any involvement in this matter and would apprecaite it if you pm asking me first

gud luck in your games today. MY opinion is who ever wins out of mawnan / chacewater will win the cup in that section dont know much about east teams.

Guest geachy1

hold on a minute tms no9 you know iamthebest but you dnt know him that well you play football with him a few times in sunday league.

ive knowen iamthebest for years i think your forgeting you live in tms but ive lived in falmouth most of my life and im a acualtual friend of iamthebest and your telling me i dnt know him .

maybe he isint posting under neil ansel. but it wouldnt surprise me if he was hes sneaky c***t. :yahoo:

Roseland knocked us out 2-0 on a mudbath pitch were it was always going to be whoever scored first pretty much securing victory. Although they were a decent side I would not expect them to beat St Dominick, and have played against a far better team in St Austell this season. If Roseland do win the Eastern section I would lump alot of money on the overall winner then coming from the West. That's not a dig at Roseland, it's just my opinion that they are not good enough to win the Junior Cup as representatives for us guys that play in the East section.

Mousehole 0 St Keverne 6 if anyone still doesn't know. They now have Portreath home in semi.

I am told that Mawnan v Chacewater HAS to be played this weekend, even to the point that if neither teams home ground is playable and no alternative can be found, the game is going to played on the all weather surface at penryn. Does anyone know if this has ever happened before cos i dont think either team fancies the prospect of such a big game on a plastic pitch!

Mawnan,as the home team,have unfortunately had to postpone this Junior Cup for the last two weeks and,looking ahead,it does not look good for this weekend.Whilst both teams are unable to play this match,we are both postponing other fixtures which will catch up with us both towards the end of the season with re-arrangements and,hopefully,domestic cup ties to come also.

Both clubs want the tie played and,with little chance of finding another grass pitch(if anyone knows of one available and which is convenient to both teams,let us know),the all-weather facility has been provisionally booked.It is not the best option and neither team wants to use it but without an alternative..........

I'm personally looking forward to the game down ST Keverne,I haven't played down there since my Castaways days in the Sunday leagueback in the 90's....have things changed much?

I'm sure there will be plenty of local support for the homeside but we'll give them a game.

Is the game on the 02/02 can anyone confirm....?

Have they got there own clubhouse down there or do they drink in one of the pubs in the village?

Either way I'll have a pint or two if I'm not driving....

Guest blue203

I think you will have a nasty surprise at St Kevern i'm sure the crowd down there is even louder than in the past years probaly to do with there position in the league, the crowd are stood all along both the touch lines, not sure if there are any rules on how far they have to be away from the touch line in junior football. Should be a good game will try and get there for the game. Down here word has it that St Kevern will be playing in the final come Easter Monday :c:

On one side of the pitch there is only about 4 feet from touchline to the hedge and on the opposite side of the pitch there is a little more space but only about 6-7 feet.You and the rest of the Portreath guys will need all of your experience Baggie,you may not have seen anything like it before.

Probably the best supported junior team that i'm aware of but i suppose St.Keverne is so far away from anywhere else......

Guest helstons14

Horrible place and a team that without Alan Thomas would be sitting in mid table. Very intimidating, when we played there our young side was getting abused left,right and centre from the supporters. Typical village anemosity to the nearest town. Please beat them Portreath because all we ever hear is gloating from some of their players and at least then we can say we went out to the evential winners.

We will try helstons14 we know its going to be difficult down there but we will give it our best and hopefully come out on top, all i know is that they will have to be very good on the day to break our mean defence down and remember we are still unbeaten and only lost twice in the whole of 2007.

They know they have a game on their hands and whoever comes out on top on the day will fully deserve there place in the area final.

Best of luck to both teams, but i do hope we come out on top and for me to be in my third final in five years.

Hey Baggie, i remember playing down St Keverne for Castaways with you... bloody nightmare journey on a sunday morning. Seem to remember everyone trying to hit thier most 'vocal' supporter with our clearances!

Best of luck to Portreath and hope to meet you in the final, would be like an old school reunion.

Our game is on of the few on tomorrow against Mawnan cos we're playing on the plastic at penryn rugby club. Me thinks there could be a bit of a crowd.

blue203 my friend,there won't be any nasty surprises,we know what there supporters are like & fair play to them, I myself like most footballers I love a bit of banter,if they give it they will have to take some back...hopefully all have a pint afterwards...

darren..I wish someone would gag the northern one...but we can only dream...lol

Thanks for your support mate....not sure if you really mean it or wether your just being nice. Probably both.

Spenny, I remember those days mate, if only we could go back, Coverack they were called back then...Jesus......good food back at their pub if I remember rightly.

Good luck fellas....

Heads dropped in extra time Baggie.

Paul Murray put Mawnan ahead and Alex Weddell made it two half way through the first half.Matt Saunders pulled one back before half time.Chacewater gave it a real go in the second half against the wind and a towering header from Luke Kelland made it all square. Chacewater created chances to have won the tie but the game went to extra time.

Paul Murray popped up on the far post to turn in Greg Renfree's cross and Renfree made it four.Substitute Rob Eccleston scored a fifth as Chacewater suffered some injuries and players were struggling.Renfree curled in a sixth in the second period of extra time.

The game overall was much closer than the result indicates and with a little luck it could have gone Chacewater's way but Mawnan rode the storm and came through strongly at the end.

Match well refereed by Steve Carpenter