St Erme  5-4 Wendron United Fourths
Storm FC 0-9 St Just Reserves

DIVISION 4
Falmouth United  1-6 Threemilestone Reserves 
Madron  0-2 Chacewater
Probus Reserves  1-5 Lizard Argyle Reserves 
Stithians Reserves  4-4 Constantine Reserves 
Tregony FC 5-3 Marazion

Really disappointed with st.buryan reserves. . No official referee was assigned to there game versus perranwell reserves so on Monday a volunteer ref was agreed by there club secretary. Then on Friday afternoon we are told that the manager has changed his mind and will only play with an official ref. Giving us next to no time to sort one out. FINALLY at 10.30 this morning we find an official ref only to be told by there club that the players of st.buryan had be told last night that the game was off. Disgusting behaviour from the manager he’s let himself his club and grass roots football down.but due to the Messing around, back tracking on the volunteer ref, not reversing it, not bringing there own ref up, clearly don't have the numbers that's why they don't want to play it

Shame on you st.buryan reserves 

50 minutes ago, Phil_ellis99 said:

Really disappointed with st.buryan reserves. . No official referee was assigned to there game versus perranwell reserves so on Monday a volunteer ref was agreed by there club secretary. Then on Friday afternoon we are told that the manager has changed his mind and will only play with an official ref. Giving us next to no time to sort one out. FINALLY at 10.30 this morning we find an official ref only to be told by there club that the players of st.buryan had be told last night that the game was off. Disgusting behaviour from the manager he’s let himself his club and grass roots football down.but due to the Messing around, back tracking on the volunteer ref, not reversing it, not bringing there own ref up, clearly don't have the numbers that's why they don't want to play it

That is poor, very poor. 

1 hour ago, Phil_ellis99 said:

Simple answer , award the points to Perranwell and fine St Buryan as a referee was available as didn’t think you could decide yourself the night before if you don’t fancy playing .

Trelawny Div 3

Penzance Reserves 3-2 Rosudgeon Reserves

A well contested game with both sides playing open football. A crowd of 39 watched an end to end match with few clear cut chances but those that arrived were well taken. Pz open the score on 23mins with the Roses equalizing in the 31st. Half-time came and went and it wasn't till the 63rd minute before Pz retake the lead before adding another in the 69th to make it 3-1. The visitors stuck to the task and pulled one back in the 82nd minute before putting pressure on the home defence but the hosts hold on to a well deserved win having been depleted of strikers who travelled with their first team. Thank you Grant Portafield for taking the game today. 

Redruth utd 0 Mariners 6.1st win of the season after a hard few games previously nice to have nearly a full squad available,Mariners dominated from the start to finish in a comfortable win,Goals from stuart lugg 2 Greg stephens 2 followed by paul tweddle and jordan daniels.

Div 2

Mullion 5 - 1 Illogan 3rds

Lovely afternoon down Mullion... Sun shining... great ref... great team to play against.... shame about the result but we were outplayed and out worked by a good Mullion team... Chris minns had our goal... don't know the Mullion scorers, their striker had a couple... Jason Robertson... their captain had a hat trick and well deserved as he worked him socks off all game and their keeper made a couple of decent saves....

They keep that team together and playing like that then they will be picking up a lot of points this year. 

3 hours ago, Timbotastic said:

Trelawney 1 

Newlyn Lions 2-2 Lanner (HT 1-1)

Lanner scoring late on to secure a point.

Superbly reffed by Neil Stephens.

Really enjoyable game to be part of. Agree that the ref was excellent and both sides played their part in a really good contest.

3 hours ago, cornishteddyboy said:

Trelawny Div 3

Penzance Reserves 3-2 Rosudgeon Reserves

A well contested game with both sides playing open football. A crowd of 39 watched an end to end match with few clear cut chances but those that arrived were well taken. Pz open the score on 23mins with the Roses equalizing in the 31st. Half-time came and went and it wasn't till the 63rd minute before Pz retake the lead before adding another in the 69th to make it 3-1. The visitors stuck to the task and pulled one back in the 82nd minute before putting pressure on the home defence but the hosts hold on to a well deserved win having been depleted of strikers who travelled with their first team. Thank you Grant Portafield for taking the game today. 

Good to get back to winning ways today for us at Penzance. We were pleased to have Reece Evans in the team after choosing not to travel with the first team, which was great for us. As CTB said great end to end game although Rosudgeon were lucky not to be down to 9 men. Their keeper ( in my opinion) should've seen red for two blatant fouls, the second when our striker was in on goal and the keeper clattered him, only a yellow. Then in the last 5 mins or so one of the CB, as last man, chopped down our striker but not even a yellow shown just a free kick. Other than that good game to be a part of and certainly no dangerous tackles flying in etc.

Above is just my opinion!!

See you for the return game at your place

Falmouth Town 3rds 2 Gwin 3
After last weeks quality performance I was hoping we’d continue from where we left off! With normal GK Ashley Dunn away today we had to play joint manager Damo Walters in goal. And even with all of his nerves the night before and all day today he played very well. Pulled off one decent save and was calm and organised all game. The away team were calling him ’Damo De Gea’ ??
We went 1-0 up through a penalty from top scorer Billy Foster. We then conceded through a lapse of concentration to let Andrew Westgarth to score. We retook the lead through Foster creating a bit of magic. Taking on 3 or 4 defenders before smashing home leaving the defenders for dead. 
H-T 1-2
Falmouth equalised through a great goal from Westgarth. We created a lot of chances, with Fal keeper pulling of a couple of quality saves from Foster and Jordan Brown. Derek Pickin then scored the winner with a classic finish from the in form striker. Bullying their defence before slotting home. 
We showed a lot of resilience against a decent outfit with help from their first team, but stood up to the challenge and fought for each other. Another league win and putting points on the board. Very happy with the performance. Referee had an interesting game with a lot of interesting decisions but can’t fault him for getting the game on. 

MOM Charlie Shears. Absolute rock at the back for me today, had a very experienced performance. Winning almost every header or tackle that was in front of him. 
**** of the day - Derek Pickin, taking a foul through??‍♂️?

We move onto Lizard Argyle in the junior cup next week at home. Cannot wait for the next game, confidence is high!

Trelawney Div 1.

Rosudgeon 1,  Threemilestone 2.

Good game today between two sides who have both only lost once this season. Threemilestone had a couple of early chances which both fell to Joel Snape who should of scored at least one. He made up for it though with an absolute beauty on 20 minutes from 35 yards which sailed into the top corner giving the keeper no chance. Rosudgeon equalised before half time when Tms tried to overplay at the back lost the ball and were punished.  Second half Rosudgeon were on top for the early stages but couldn't make their possession count, they created several good chances but their final ball or shot was lacking. The stones then started to get more of a grip and the home keeper made a few good saves to keep them in the game. With just  6 minutes remaining a run down the left from Tom Quinn set up Ryan Stephens to run in on goal from about 25 yards out, he evaded several challenges before calmly sliding the ball past the keeper for the winning goal.The referee also played a great advantage as Quinny was fouled in the build up to the goal.  Rosudgeon had a few minutes to try and rescue the game but Ej did well in the stones goal to keep Tms in front and Justin Pearce replaced Snape to put pressure on the rosudgeon back line with some committed challenges. It was a game between to evenly matched sides but ultimately Threemilestone's bettter finishing was the difference between the two sides. The game was very well refereed by Phil Cuthbert and att. 13. My m.o.m. for the stones was Sam Vage who had a great game in defence.

Div 1

St Keverne (0) 1 -v- 0 (0) Newlyn Non Athletico

Beautiful October sunshine, even perhaps a little warm to play football. But play we did, thanks to both teams agreeing to play with a “local ref”, and to the home team for providing him.

Newlyn had the better of the first half, down the slope, pressuring without being clinical. Fair to say St K defended well, and created a couple of moments of excitement at the other end. But goalmouth action was rare.

Much the same in the second half, although St K were the better team in this 45. Maybe it was “easier” kicking downhill? Deadlock broken with 20 mins left. Newlyn nearly hit straight back, but shot just wide with the keeper stationary. The game fizzled out to bring the home side 3 points. 

Many thanks to the man in the middle.

19 hours ago, Phil_ellis99 said:

You should get the points then , he should have waited till you told him it’s off 

Camborne School of Mines 1-0 Holman Sports Club (Trelawny Premier)

Entertaining match at Falmouth School at the new * not 4G pitch definitely 3G as something to do with rubber crumbs sand and artificial stuff* (see below post edited at 1012)? which I have to firstly state because as we lost it was probably the highlight of the afternoon what a fantastic facility it is over there, great changing rooms, brilliant showers lovely surface and more importantly the gift that keeps on giving as I’m going to spend the next 2 weeks finding little black rubber pellets in places you would least expect!! ?

On to the game we always knew it was going to be tough against a good young side and just to make sure we had to nip around Camborne and kidnap a few people and bundle them in the back of a car as a couple of regulars were out working or attending baby showers!!!!!!! (I kid you not - Bobby) CSOM were pretty much on top most of the 1st half but we were more organised then a child’s school bag the night before the first day of a new term and managed to keep the home side at bay and even had a chance to take the lead.

2nd half got a bit feisty in a game that had been bubbling under for the first 65min when CSOM took the lead through us switching off at the back but 5 min later erupted as the home sides CH went on one of those I’m going on an adventure from lord of the rings moments up the pitch but lost the ball on the edge of our box then attempted what I would describe as the Hong Kong phooey manoeuvre to get the ball off our RB........carnage ensued and a str8 red resulted. A couple more yellows to keep the CCFA budget ticking over in the last 15 including my annual donation and sadly despite a bit of pressure in the last 10 with the extra player we couldn’t find a way to get back on equal terms so a loss but entertaining match on a glorious sunny Cornish afternoon and I think jack mankee and Reece montieth would have slept well last night with the ground they covered yesterday top effort from them both ?

Next game for us just for a change is Goonhavern.........again! As we have another go at finishing off our junior cup 1st round fixture at Blaythorne 2pm ko 

20 minutes ago, Pitty said:

Camborne School of Mines 1-0 Holman Sports Club (Trelawny Premier)

Entertaining match at Falmouth School at the new 4G pitch which I have to firstly state because as we lost it was probably the highlight of the afternoon what a fantastic facility it is over there, great changing rooms, brilliant showers lovely surface and more importantly the gift that keeps on giving as I’m going to spend the next 2 weeks finding little black rubber pellets in places you would least expect!! ?

On to the game we always knew it was going to be tough against a good young side and just to make sure we had to nip around Camborne and kidnap a few people and bundle them in the back of a car as a couple of regulars were out working or attending baby showers!!!!!!! (I kid you not - Bobby) CSOM were pretty much on top most of the 1st half but we were more organised then a child’s school bag the night before the first day of a new term and managed to keep the home side at bay and even had a chance to take the lead.

2nd half got a bit feisty in a game that had been bubbling under for the first 65min when CSOM took the lead through us switching off at the back but 5 min later erupted as the home sides CH went on one of those I’m going on an adventure from lord of the rings moments up the pitch but lost the ball on the edge of our box then attempted what I would describe as the Hong Kong phooey manoeuvre to get the ball off our RB........carnage ensued and a str8 red resulted. A couple more yellows to keep the CCFA budget ticking over in the last 15 including my annual donation and sadly despite a bit of pressure in the last 10 with the extra player we couldn’t find a way to get back on equal terms so a loss but entertaining match on a glorious sunny Cornish afternoon and I think jack mankee and Reece montieth would have slept well last night with the ground they covered yesterday top effort from them both ?

Next game for us just for a change is Goonhavern.........again! As we have another go at finishing off our junior cup 1st round fixture at Blaythorne 2pm ko 

Interesting Pitty, it is a 4G, not a 3 G(?)

I only saw sand being applied during its construction. 

25 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

I will bow to your technical knowledge David and come to think of it may have seen a sign mentioning it was 3G and only footwear that resembled slippers your dad would wear are permitted?.......all I do know is that it’s better then the artificial pitch that looked similar to Luton’s and Qpr’s mid 80’s efforts that I used to play on as a kid that involved 2 weeks of skin grafts and a unique connection to bed sheets post match?

1 hour ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

2g pitches have sand, 3g pitches have rubber crumb and 4g have just artificial grass with no in-fill. Only 3g are permitted surfaces for football!!

Yesterday St Day 3rds were the visitors, and it was a beautiful afternoon for weather.
Titans we're in rampant mood again, but were made to work hard. Early doors Connor Arthur was fouled in the box for a penalty to which Solomon made no mistake. 20 minutes later came a 2nd. Dan Jewell played in Connor Arthur and his pace took him away from the chasing defenders to tuck away nicely. St Day then pushed us back and we needed Isaac's in the goal to make 2 good saves. Our 3rd was a cracker, with Catterall in the centre circle a wild clearance from the keeper was controlled by the Cat and then then lobbed for 3.0 at HT.
Couple of changes and new instructions and the second half got underway. Much like the first half a penalty was awarded, but this time to st Day. Leigh Isaacs made a great save. Shortly afterwards Shaun Isaacs played a delightful chipped pass to Norfolk, which was finished well. The fifth was a well Struck free kick from Joe Day. Connor Arthur then smashed in a 40 yard effort to bring up the 6th.
It was a very hot afternoon for late October and both sides put in a great effort. St Day were awarded a free kick from a tight angle , to which the lively winger smashed in an absolute gem. He gave Titans a difficult time and was involved in most st Day attacks. Jordan Lyth struck a 30 yarder that struck the upright before  Shaun Isaacs again linked well with Norfolk, who finished the afternoon off nicely. 
Great football played again and great work by all. Must mention the volunteer ref, no idea what his name was, but he was superb. Well done lads. UTT ❤️

New Inn Titans 7 St Day 3rds 1

Scorers 

Pete Norfolk 2
Connor Arthur 2
Adam Solomon
Michael Catterall
Joe Day

Mom Luke Flower

Division 2

Frogpool & Cusgarne 3-6 Ruan Minor

Better team on the day came out with a deserved three points in a game well officiated by David Dodson.

Frustrating our end as we struggle to maintain some form - we had two phases in the game where we could’ve gone on to win - our momentum was killed by an absolutely stunning strike by one of Ruan’s players, and their number 11 ultimately proved to be the man of the match.

Goals our end scored by David Leach x2 and Will Harding.

Thanks to Ruan and Dave for coming back to the pub after the game. And to the Ruan boys who ended up out on Saturday night with us, I hope you’re feeling as grotty as I am.

Div 4

Probus Reserves 1 Lizard Argyle Reserves 5

A great first half saw us take a 4-0 lead in to half time with goals from Kit Johns (13) Josh Gilbert (7, 41) and an own goal on 35 minutes after a hard driven cross into the box from Josh came unavoidably off the defender. Fair play to the Probus lads who came out fighting and made the second half much harder for us. They scored on 84 and deservedly so, only for us to go up the other end with Tom Giles on 87 to finish it.

Happy with our performance though, hitting the post twice and the bar once - creating chances throughout. 

Particular thanks to Graham and the Probus lads for allowing one of our club members to ref. After no ref was allocated we established that we were both happy to play with a volunteer ref on such a lovely day. Graham struggled to find anyone and eventually offered to do it himself - not ideal with 5 subs to manage and no one else on the sideline for him. So I offered that we had a volunteer and Graham agreed. Luc Evans did a great job in his first game in black and had the game under control from the start, thanks Luc.

Our Junior Cup adventure continues next week with Gwinear Church Town away. Can't wait.

On ‎21‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 11:07, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

I'll have to go and have a look at this pitch.

Yup, 3g.....had a look today .....rubber crumb everywhere !!!!!!

Strange with all the concerns about this stuff, the pitch full of youngsters as well.

In Holland I believe they are removing all of these pitches over the safety concerns with rubber crumb.