Cornwall Football Forum

Falmouth v Helston tonight 7-30pm

I hope Falmouth's inconsistencies don't show themselves tonight. After a lucky draw on Tuesday this could be a difficult local derby.

Barrie Wyatt has saved a few penalties in games between the two sides last season so it it's still level after 120 minutes I would edge towards a Blues win but as for the game itself I wouldn't like to call a winner.

3 hours ago, Fanfare said:

I hope Falmouth's inconsistencies don't show themselves tonight. After a lucky draw on Tuesday this could be a difficult local derby.

Barrie Wyatt has saved a few penalties in games between the two sides last season so it it's still level after 120 minutes I would edge towards a Blues win but as for the game itself I wouldn't like to call a winner.

After Tuesdays feeble performance I reckon 2 nil to Helston.

2 minutes ago, Fanfare said:

You were nearly right Big Al!

Another come back leading to a 3-2 win.

For a team near the top they seem to concede a lot (I know this was the cup) and seem to be living on their luck but a win is a win.

You've got to expect to concede when you play the attacking football they play. thrilling at times. 

5 minutes ago, Mike Odgers said:

23mn 0--1 Phil Cattran      33min.Howlett (Red)  37min  0--2 Phil Cattran   43min David Broglino-   45+2m  David Broglino  79 minDave Blizzard

Att. Est.170

3 absolute quality goals from Falmouth tonight. First one from Broglino from outside the box into the top corner, second one after about five one-twos in and around the box, again scored by Broglino and third one after more great passing from Town with Blizzard arriving at the far post from right=back.

Have to say another patchy performance from the Town but managed to scrape a win. I bet ex-town player Hughie Howlett was kicking himself after the sending off. It looked like a two-footed tackle to me and the lino, who was about two yards away seemed to agree. However the Helston bench who were 50 yards away saw it differently. 

Bad luck to Helston who were by far the better side before the sending-off. Some good young players coming through and Joe Coopers brother at centre-half was the pick of the bunch. Class must run in the family!

UP THE TOWN!

Helstons chances in my opinion were ruined by once again another poor refereeing decision & a poor referee who is way out of his depth  

helstons jewell should have been awarded a blatant free kick for a high kick in the box to which Mark Hosking the ref put his whistle to his mouth & then for some ridiculous reason thought otherwise to only 4 or 5 seconds later the howlett challenge never saw challenge clearly was sat in stand so not arguing over red or not but certainly saw refs actions before. Also referee swearing at a player whilst booking him?oh dear . Was definitely only one team until the sending off & it was not Town. Good luck to them in the next round. On a lighter note young Jamie cooper  has got a lot

more to offer than last nights performance  & that was decent it runs in the family ok but he’s a better class of player than his brother 

2 hours ago, MARKSY said:

Helstons chances in my opinion were ruined by once again another poor refereeing decision & a poor referee who is way out of his depth  

helstons jewell should have been awarded a blatant free kick for a high kick in the box to which Mark Hosking the ref put his whistle to his mouth & then for some ridiculous reason thought otherwise to only 4 or 5 seconds later the howlett challenge never saw challenge clearly was sat in stand so not arguing over red or not but certainly saw refs actions before. Also referee swearing at a player whilst booking him?oh dear . Was definitely only one team until the sending off & it was not Town. Good luck to them in the next round. On a lighter note young Jamie cooper  has got a lot

more to offer than last nights performance  & that was decent it runs in the family ok but he’s a better class of player than his brother 

Hugh howlett lost the game for helston marksy ,not the ref . It would have been a good contest if he'd stayed on the pitch .As captain he should know better ,put in a tackle like he did with his opponent going away from goal was going to be at least a yellow .Gob off at an official  in the process as well and that yellow card can turn to red .

You’re worse than leedsunited every time one of your teams you follow loses you cry about it and blame everyone else ???

37 minutes ago, ian beale said:

You’re worse than leedsunited every time one of your teams you follow loses you cry about it and blame everyone else ???

?? entitled to my opinion on a rubbish ref & certainly not crying over helston . It’s an honour to be in the same great company as Leeds . Gone ? 

5 minutes ago, MARKSY said:

?? entitled to my opinion on a rubbish ref & certainly not crying over helston . It’s an honour to be in the same great company as Leeds . Gone ? 

Exactly!,

13 hours ago, The Town Man said:

3 absolute quality goals from Falmouth tonight. First one from Broglino from outside the box into the top corner, second one after about five one-twos in and around the box, again scored by Broglino and third one after more great passing from Town with Blizzard arriving at the far post from right=back.

Have to say another patchy performance from the Town but managed to scrape a win. I bet ex-town player Hughie Howlett was kicking himself after the sending off. It looked like a two-footed tackle to me and the lino, who was about two yards away seemed to agree. However the Helston bench who were 50 yards away saw it differently. 

Bad luck to Helston who were by far the better side before the sending-off. Some good young players coming through and Joe Coopers brother at centre-half was the pick of the bunch. Class must run in the family!

UP THE TOWN!

13 hours ago, The Town Man said:

UP THE TOWN!

Next Wednesday will be an embarrassment, not a chance of a point for Falmouth!

40 minutes ago, Mike Odgers said:

3rd.Round of W C Parson Cup

Falmouth Town v Brixham   (first ever meeting between the clubs0

Also St.Austell v Bodmin Town

Revised Walter C Parson 3rd Rd Draw: Cullompton v Sidmouth Town

Elmore v Saltash United

Falmouth Town v Brixham Ilfracombe v Elburton Launceston v Dobwalls Liskeard Athletic v Ivybridge Town Mousehole v Plymouth Argyle St Austell v Bodmin Town

8 hours ago, mattelot said:

Hugh howlett lost the game for helston marksy ,not the ref . It would have been a good contest if he'd stayed on the pitch .As captain he should know better ,put in a tackle like he did with his opponent going away from goal was going to be at least a yellow .Gob off at an official  in the process as well and that yellow card can turn to red .

Yep jamie cooper and the lad  jewell played very well . Good prospects .Hope for helstons sake another club doesnt come knocking as im sure both lads have ambition .

1 hour ago, mattelot said:

Thats naughty mike ! ? Dont think steve massey would want to loose another player to town having already missed out on jack bowyer and luke johnson .

Jamie cooper won’t be heading down there anytime soon. Although he’d be a good replacement for his brother who s starting to look the weak link in that team heard he was shocking at Newquay & replaced at half time. Is Jack still playing or is he at uni!!!!

Jamie cooper won’t be heading down there anytime soon. Although he’d be a good replacement for his brother who s starting to look the weak link in that team heard he was shocking at Newquay & replaced at half time. Is Jack still playing or is he at uni!!!!

Jack bowyer is doing well for us .think you mean jack webber gone to uni .

3 hours ago, MARKSY said:

That weak link is into the next round of the cup my friend. 

8 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Daft tackle, showboating in front of the crowd.

Only had to stand up and jockey the fella.

Don't think there was any showboating and certainly no crowd in that corner of the ground. Think the lino influenced the ref who was not close enough to make an informed decision on is own - must come as a huge shock that the lino, Mr Hoon, influenced the game.  

4 hours ago, le boss said:

Don't think there was any showboating and certainly no crowd in that corner of the ground. Think the lino influenced the ref who was not close enough to make an informed decision on is own - must come as a huge shock that the lino, Mr Hoon, influenced the game.  

Well there was 220 in the ground ....that's a crowd to me, and the lino is there to give assistance to the referee in his decision making.

And the lino is a qualified ref in this case, and a pretty good one at that.

In real time that was a foul, in todays footy you are not allowed to go through the player after hitting the ball.......bring back the 'good' old days.....what you say (?)

19 hours ago, Fanfare said:

I suppose you're better...?

Fanfare he’s a terrible ref end of only difference is people don’t like saying it on a public forum.Apart from me,  It’s not about being better it’s about understanding not just the rules of the game but how the game is played between two teams & knowing how to react as a ref to certain players etc some players are chatty others are gobby (ok lots are gobby) some & very few say nothing at all each player needs an understanding with that referee. I’m afraid Mark lacks true understanding of the game from trelawney league matches to putting him way up here in the prem. forget all the we need ref bashing bit I’m aware of it I beg one of the best refs in Paul Murphy nearly every week for two . The simple facts are if Ian Roberts George P Kevin knowles Mike Glanville  etc etc ie at a combo level which most of these guys ref at now for argument sake you know straight away to play the game & you’ll get your tackle in you’ll get your warning you’ll get your yellow etc etc you know the boundaries. With this ref there is no boundaries you don’t know what he will do, how many times did this ref put whistle to mouth on Friday night & still not blow WHY because he thought a better outcome was coming WHAT!!!!you don’t know what decision is coming because he doesn’t know himself his inconsistency is beyond anything remotely decent. I’m sorry refs but it’s my opinion & unless it gets removed I’m entitled to it. And let’s be honest even the local refs know how bad he is. 

On another note I’d just like to say on this forum that my comments regarding Joe Cooper have been interpreted as misguided I have always spoke my mind (hence I wrote what I wrote on how I see the brothers play & know them both extremely well Jamie especially) that’s why half ( more than half?) of the readers here don’t like my comments or me , I barely sleep a wink worrying ? my point for Joe is I think he’s a great player a great leader & I was the first one to say hi as I always do when I saw him Friday he’s played on the odd occasion for myself & I’ve followed his career & am really pleased for him & what he’s achieved it’s just a shame that people who know little about us have to say things in a way that comes out as little pot stirrers. I’d never do that?Gone ? 

42 minutes ago, MARKSY said:

Fanfare he’s a terrible ref end of only difference is people don’t like saying it on a public forum.Apart from me,  It’s not about being better it’s about understanding not just the rules of the game but how the game is played between two teams & knowing how to react as a ref to certain players etc some players are chatty others are gobby (ok lots are gobby) some & very few say nothing at all each player needs an understanding with that referee. I’m afraid Mark lacks true understanding of the game from trelawney league matches to putting him way up here in the prem. forget all the we need ref bashing bit I’m aware of it I beg one of the best refs in Paul Murphy nearly every week for two . The simple facts are if Ian Roberts George P Kevin knowles Mike Glanville  etc etc ie at a combo level which most of these guys ref at now for argument sake you know straight away to play the game & you’ll get your tackle in you’ll get your warning you’ll get your yellow etc etc you know the boundaries. With this ref there is no boundaries you don’t know what he will do, how many times did this ref put whistle to mouth on Friday night & still not blow WHY because he thought a better outcome was coming WHAT!!!!you don’t know what decision is coming because he doesn’t know himself his inconsistency is beyond anything remotely decent. I’m sorry refs but it’s my opinion & unless it gets removed I’m entitled to it. And let’s be honest even the local refs know how bad he is. 

On another note I’d just like to say on this forum that my comments regarding Joe Cooper have been interpreted as misguided I have always spoke my mind (hence I wrote what I wrote on how I see the brothers play & know them both extremely well Jamie especially) that’s why half ( more than half?) of the readers here don’t like my comments or me , I barely sleep a wink worrying ? my point for Joe is I think he’s a great player a great leader & I was the first one to say hi as I always do when I saw him Friday he’s played on the odd occasion for myself & I’ve followed his career & am really pleased for him & what he’s achieved it’s just a shame that people who know little about us have to say things in a way that comes out as little pot stirrers. I’d never do that?Gone ? 

42 minutes ago, MARKSY said:

Yes this is very true about people on this forum that only put forward their own views without considering that others have views as well even if they are different!

On 22/10/2018 at 18:55, le boss said:

Mr Hoon no a bad tackle when he see,s one he used to do them a lot when he was playing so he,s experience in giving them .

I'm not defending the referee or his assistants in this case. Every referee is different and will interpret a decision in what they see. Some can anticipate what will happen, others might wait until an incident has happened.

We all know the refs who are good for a bit of banter and those who allow no nonsense. But even these officials can have off days and get decisions wrong. I'm not saying that the decision was right or wrong. We all have an opinion on it and the world we live in allow us to express it but on the field our opinions don't matter. There were three people (usually dressed in black) who make the decisions and whether we agree or not it's their opinions that people need to respect whether we agree or not.

When you see the referee appointments you know who you get and what you can expect from them. Maybe he put his whistle to his mouth to consider his decision. I have done this before as sometimes a few extra seconds can make all the difference.

It's probably a good thing that this platform wasn't around when the great Bill Pearce was officiating. A well respected referee for nearly 20 years, he had his way of doing things and made decisions that were controversial but he was high profile enough to be respected.

53 minutes ago, Fanfare said:

I'm not defending the referee or his assistants in this case. Every referee is different and will interpret a decision in what they see. Some can anticipate what will happen, others might wait until an incident has happened.

We all know the refs who are good for a bit of banter and those who allow no nonsense. But even these officials can have off days and get decisions wrong. I'm not saying that the decision was right or wrong. We all have an opinion on it and the world we live in allow us to express it but on the field our opinions don't matter. There were three people (usually dressed in black) who make the decisions and whether we agree or not it's their opinions that people need to respect whether we agree or not.

When you see the referee appointments you know who you get and what you can expect from them. Maybe he put his whistle to his mouth to consider his decision. I have done this before as sometimes a few extra seconds can make all the difference.

It's probably a good thing that this platform wasn't around when the great Bill Pearce was officiating. A well respected referee for nearly 20 years, he had his way of doing things and made decisions that were controversial but he was high profile enough to be respected.

I appreciate your comments & don’t disagree  but I’m not referencing  just the sending off or his whistle in his mouth on the night at least three or four times I’m talking about him every game. In my opinion he’s poor that’s it . 

1 minute ago, MARKSY said:

I appreciate your comments & don’t disagree  but I’m not referencing  just the sending off or his whistle in his mouth on the night at least three or four times I’m talking about him every game. In my opinion he’s poor that’s it . 

That's fair enough. I've seen him several times over the years. Some have been good and some indifferent but we have to take the rough with the smooth.

8 hours ago, Muggy said:

Mr Hoon no a bad tackle when he see,s one he used to do them a lot when he was playing so he,s experience in giving them .

Yes, I have had first hand experience of his playing style - oh the irony. Saddest thing is that when you ask him to remember what he was like in is playing days, there is complete amnesia lol.

21 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

What even those rugby boots he used to wear? ?

On 24/10/2018 at 16:41, le boss said:

Yes, I have had first hand experience of his playing style - oh the irony. Saddest thing is that when you ask him to remember what he was like in is playing days, there is complete amnesia lol.

He was fine when he was on your side. Lol