Cornwall Football Forum

Was it to early to get rid of Big Sam

Barbs

Sam Allardyce has just left Newcastle United after only 8 months in the hot seat.m After been given the dreaded vote of confidence only last week it was written on the wall, but in my eyes this decision was made far to early. The man never stood a chance with the players he has got im not saying they are that bad but for the desire and dreams the fans want for their team these players would have never make the grade. Fair enough if he still didnt make the grade after the season then give him the shove now they have to look for another manager and whats he going to do with only 20 days left of the transfer window open.

Guest crosser

personally I can't stand big fat sam, and find its quite funny that he's been sacked after bigging himself up for the england job.

But I do think he should have been given more time nobody is ever going to be good enough for the newcastle fans, they all need to take a reality check on their expectations for their team, and if anybody rolls out the "toon army greatest supporters" line that is the biggest load of b ollocks as well, hopefully newcastle fans will get what they deserve relegation :D

Newcastle have had 11 managers in 11 years.

Good job the team I support, Hereford United, are owned and managed by the same person Graham Turner. He's like Victor Kyam who used to do the Remmington shaver adverts. He liked them so much he bought the company. The Bulls nearly went bust so Graham bought them in 1998. He's been manager since 1995 and they can't sack him!

Getting rid of Big Sam has made Newcastle even more of a laughing stock than they already are. Given a few years Sam might (and i cant stress the word, might, enough) have achieved something at Newcastle.

I dont no who Newcastle think they are, getting rid of managers left, right and centre, do they think theyre still one of the top teams in England. Well, sorry to all you magpies out there but your not, the last thing they won was the Fairs Cup (now the UEFA Cup) back in 69.

I think the sooner Newcastle lower their expectations, the sooner they'l start improving and perhaps challenging for things. And i really hope they do. :clapper:

Getting rid of Big Sam has made Newcastle even more of a laughing stock than they already are. Given a few years Sam might (and i cant stress the word, might, enough) have achieved something at Newcastle.

I dont no who Newcastle think they are, getting rid of managers left, right and centre, do they think theyre still one of the top teams in England. Well, sorry to all you magpies out there but your not, the last thing they won was the Fairs Cup (now the UEFA Cup) back in 69.

I think the sooner Newcastle lower their expectations, the sooner they'l start improving and perhaps challenging for things. And i really hope they do. :clapper:

completly agree with you well said

just because they have big crowds does not make them a big club

I thought the best thing I have heard for sometime today was when new Derby boss Paul Jewell said something like. 'If it goes on like this fans will be allowed to vote for who will be their manager'.

I'm thinking Sam will be crying all the way to the bank to pick up his millions payoff.

But seriously anyone taking on Newcastle must be mad or desperate.

Stability brings success most of the time. Sam might not be the best manager but he did a great job at Bolton. Changing the manager every couple of months doesn't do anyone any favours, new managers bring in new players...more disruption for the team.

The board at Newcastle need to really think about there next manager & not just go for someone like Shearer who is peoples favourite....but what do I know...Do I really care...I agree big crowds don't make big clubs & the geordies do need to lower there expectations.

And yes it was too early to get rid of big Sam.

If Newcastle beat the Mancs this weekend then Nigel Pearson will be legend....Then he'll probably get offered the job.....something for him to do for 6 months...

Guest Peppermint

I think you mean Harry Rednapp not Allardyce because Newcastle have just got rid of him.

Rednapp must be mad if he considers going to a Club that sacks managers for fun when he seems happy at a Club that is content with him and Harry lives on the South Coast.

Guest Peppermint

I think Harry would be far better off staying at Pompey.

I am not a big Sam fan but I do think in his subsequent interviews after he was dismissed he has conducted himself with dignity. He will be consoled with the pay off I assume.

Guest postman pat

ANY FOOTBALL CLUB THAT IS DOING WELL IN THIS COUNTRY IS BASED ON STABILITY how close was fergie to losing his job before mark robbins scored the goal against forest in the fa cup and the rest as they say is history.

cannot stand arsehole but wenger has done a fantastic job and been there over 10years.

look at what david moyes is doing at everton they are now the highest scouse team in the league ha!ha! how many years have they been in the doldrums.

now look on the other side of the coin. how many times have spurs changed their manager martin jol completely changed the club and he was buying good young english players.one poor patch and he pays for it clubs must be more patient.

even chelsea who had one of the best men in world football lost patients.i know this may have been political but again football was the loser

Guest cornishref

No not to soon to get rid of Big Sam, should have gone when Mike Ashley bought the club. But in all honesty he should never have been appointed - his style of play is not what the geordies like - where is the freeflowing attacking game that Keegan brought!!!!!!

And as for his signings to strengthen the defence - what a joke, its still as poor as ever, but without an attacking midfield that can compensate

Guest Sport Lover

Am glad Harry has decided to stay at Portsmouth shows some loyalty despite a probable huge pay increase.

The anger for Newcastle fans should be targetted at the owners/board no stability in management and some of the players bought have been poor, specially in defense. Newcastle fans should also be careful who they wish for, how can it be that they are so keen to have Alan Shearer as manager when he has never done the job before. Madness