DIVISION 4
Constantine Reserves 1-1 Hayle Thirds
Falmouth United 10-0 Stithians Reserves
Lizard Argyle Reserves 5-1 Tregony FC
New Inn Titans Reserves 1-5 Marazion
Probus Reserves P-P Chacewater
Threemilestone Reserves 2-0 Goonhavern Athletic Reserves

Rosudgeon Firsts 1 - 0 Lanner

A tricky contest in the blowy conditions but the pitch played up perfectly. Not much to report in the first half. 

Second half saw both teams attacking more with Alex Ralph missing a one on one for Rosudgeon. Lanner had a shot brilliantly saved by Rosudgeons number one Zak Freeman. 

The breakthrough in the game came soon with a goal kick taken by Jamie Hooper met my Jimmy England who controlled it and played through on form striker Alex Ralph who confidently slid it past the keeper and into the net. 

Five minutes later, the scorer saw his bicycle kick fly over which could have been an early contender for goal of the season. 

The game ended with JP taking two Lanner players on, the ref blowing for full time and a scuffle occurring. Not pretty but a great three points for the mighty Ox's!!! 

Mariners 3 Frogpool 8.Hard day today missing alot of players so the youth policy with 3 50+ players taking the pitch,Half time 7-1 our plan was to start the 2nd half again and win the 2nd half which we did!!! well duck in lads top effort !!! 2 cracking goals by stuart lugg and luke vandersluys and paul tweddle goal.

Division 1.

Threemilestone 2, Probus 0.

Missed the 1st half hour of this one, it was 1-0 to the Stones when i arrived the goal scored by Dave Welfare. Just before the break Welfare also scored the stones second, from a corner he found space at the back post to head in from a yard out. Threemilestone seemed in control and i dont remember Probus troubling Ej in the Threemilestone goal.  The 2nd half was fairly even, Probus had a few half decent efforts but nothing really looked like it was going to get past Ej, who had a busy 2nd half. Threemilestone's chances were mainly on the counter attack.  Probus had a goal disallowed for a foul on the keeper which was 50/50 depending on which side you were on and Threemilestone had a goal ruled out for offside which was also debated for a couple of minutes, but good ole Ken Keemer spoke to the linesperson and stuck with the original decision. Despite Probus having a good 2nd half 2-0 was a fair result and Threemilestone looked to be a little sharper and better organised. My man of the match for the Stones would be Harry Wilkinson in centre midfield who had a good game. Well refereed by Ken Keemer and both sides were quite well behaved for a top of the table clash. Att about a dozen.

Pz 2 - 5 perranwell 

HT 1-4 

home team won the toss and opted to play against the wind in the opening 45. Game was fairly open until the penalty just before half time to make it 4-1. 

Pz hit the post and scored a well taken goal in the 2nd half but never looked like getting back into the game. Well reffed by Lee Atkinson - game played in good spirits ?

On 11/10/2018 at 22:56, Portreathlegend said:

A couple of tough weeks at Illogan for me....

Frogpool game is done and dusted.... county will punish the individual in question and as for the game it was a decent game up to that point and one we were in control of even with only 10 men. 

Constantine was a completely different story..... Constantine had a game plan to rough up a team 2 divisions above them..... trust me I know because even though I wasn't there, I have seen 3-4 of my players at training with stud marks at least knee high or above...... 

They managed to bully a 16 year old boy... both verbally and physically and when the boy in question had received enough abuse he reacted..... again determined the way he reacted and he is sorry that he struck a player on the pitch.... but several Constantine players pushed him around all game and I understand why.... this 16 year old is a quality player and was ripping them apart and if I was up against that back in the day I would have made sure he knew I was there and kicked the shit out of him.

But there are a few things I don't understand.....

A red card was issued.... the player left the field and the game could have continued..... but rather than play on the Constantine team walked off and refused to play on..... 2-1 down... 15 minutes to go, not had a shot on goal since their goal in first half.... maybe they saw this is a way to get the result......

When they get home, they realise they did wrong by walking off and then decide to accuse us of playing 3 second team players and a player banned.... who was at game with daughter and texting me to keep me updated on result..... told the league they had photo evidence and then can't supply it..... trying everything they can to make the result go there way.... 

Go back 5 years or sooner..... who hasn't been in a game where a pinch was thrown.... a red card issued and we all carry on playing...... not this season.... it seems if a incident happens in a game then you have every right to walk off and fight for a game you were losing...... even when the ref is happy to carry on and the situation had been dealt with and no reason to stop........ 

Illogan is not a club out to cause trouble or fight everyone.... ask all the teams we have played accept the last two games and they will all say it was a decent game and Illogan played decent football.

So before you all jump on the band wagon of banning a club or banning a player..... just remember there are rules to abide by.... red cards are issued all the time and I am pretty sure there are rules about just walking off the pitch and deciding not to play anymore just because you want to..... so whilst my player receives a ban and quite right he should..... I hope the right people in the right position in both county and league see that in both games we had abandoned it wasn't because of a assault happening on the pitch of sidelines, it was because our opposition were losing and they decided they didn't want to continue even when the match officially clearly stated we were ok to carry on because the situations were sorted out correctly....... 

That's enough from me....... rules are there to be kept to and if my player is red card because he broke a rule, then the rules to just decide to not play and walk off should also be enforced........ 

Redruth on Saturday and I know for sure it will be a good game and there will be no incidents.........

?????

43 minutes ago, Ron Manager said:

Division 1.

Threemilestone 2, Probus 0.

Missed the 1st half hour of this one, it was 1-0 to the Stones when i arrived the goal scored by Dave Welfare. Just before the break Welfare also scored the stones second, from a corner he found space at the back post to head in from a yard out. Threemilestone seemed in control and i dont remember Probus troubling Ej in the Threemilestone goal.  The 2nd half was fairly even, Probus had a few half decent efforts but nothing really looked like it was going to get past Ej, who had a busy 2nd half. Threemilestone's chances were mainly on the counter attack.  Probus had a goal disallowed for a foul on the keeper which was 50/50 depending on which side you were on and Threemilestone had a goal ruled out for offside which was also debated for a couple of minutes, but good ole Ken Keemer spoke to the linesperson and stuck with the original decision. Despite Probus having a good 2nd half 2-0 was a fair result and Threemilestone looked to be a little sharper and better organised. My man of the match for the Stones would be Harry Wilkinson in centre midfield who had a good game. Well refereed by Ken Keemer and both sides were quite well behaved for a top of the table clash. Att about a dozen.

Fair outlook on the game I would. We weren't at the races first half against storm callum and TMS played the conditions well getting countless balls in behind and winning numerous corners. 2 nil at half time was right. Second half we played better but still not at the level we can play at. We missed a couple of one on ones, one was a great save from the TMS keeper. The ball found the net as the TMS keeper flapped at a high ball under very little pressure from Paul Cox. Played with Coxy for years and I've never seen him commit a foul, to soft and honest ?. TMS created some chances as we committed forwards and had a goal wrongly called offside. They edged it on the day as I believe they played the conditions better. Good luck to them. Hopefully they can have a pitch in the village soon as driving through Truro traffic late afternoon isn't something I fancied after no shower. Good luck to them, two horse race now but hopefully a few in division one will have a say in the outcome.

20 minutes ago, yeww said:

Pz 2 - 5 perranwell 

HT 1-4 

home team won the toss and opted to play against the wind in the opening 45. Game was fairly open until the penalty just before half time to make it 4-1. 

Pz hit the post and scored a well taken goal in the 2nd half but never looked like getting back into the game. Well reffed by Lee Atkinson - game played in good spirits ?

Pz playing a high back 4 in last few gamesand it is not working. 

14mins Perran get their first. A free kick, middle of the park, cleared wide to Perranl eft, player runs in, cross goal volley.

22mins 1-1. Long ball from back, knocked on through middle, 20yd volley leaves keeper standing.

31mins 1-2. Ball from the back, cleared, picked up, run through static defence, volley, keeper no chance.

34mins 1-3 Another long ball, through channel, low shot, block out, hits our defender and in at bottom of post.

39mins 1-4 Penalty for a pull. High to keepers right.

71mins 2-4 Pz down left, square for a turn and shoot from 12yds.

85mins 2-5 Perran pressure, shot comes in, cleared but follow-up from 12yds, in.

Both sides hit the post. Attendance 19 with us old gits in the corner having a good old moan not about the game but something else.

div 3

Penzance reserves vs Perranwell reserves.

one of the best pitches we will play on this season. some very good individuals if they gelled more as squad Penzance would have a fantastic side. good competitive game but no over the top challenges.. glad to come away with the three points. Perranwell battled hard and worked hard for each other. at half time we spoke about dealing with the wind and we stuck to the plan even when up against some long spells with out the ball. goal scorers for Perranwell. Owen ford 1 kian Rowland 2 mike rollason 2

great food after the game and all the best in the league Penzance 

Falmouth DC 3-10 Gwinear

After last weeks embarrassment we had to put it right today, by beating the Falmouth side that beat us undeservedly at home early in the season. 

We went to 1-0 through billy foster, to then concede a sloppy goal to 1-1 from a free kick, we then replied with heavy pressure for the majority of the first half to make it 4-1, with goals from Bijan Akbari and two from star striker Derek Pickin. 

HT 1-4

Second half we expected to be under the pressure but stood up to the task and dominated throughout. We scored first for another goal from the hat trick hero Pickin with a screamer, we then conceded against run of play to make it 5-2.

We then continued the pressure to be rewarded a long range shot effort from Marcus Bawden. We carried on  in the attacking manner to end the game ending 10-3. Further goals were from captain Gavin Russell, Jordan Brown, Akbari and Pickin with his fourth.

Absolutely over the moon with the performance after last weeks disappointment in the cup. MOM Sam Charlton, head and shoulders above the rest. Showed his class throughout and deservedly MOM.

Cannot wait for next weeks game against Falmouth Thirds, to push on our league form. 

One very happy manager!