Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL & FA VASE - Saturday 13 October 2018

6 minutes ago, Fanfare said:

Heard Parkway didn't stay after the game!

Yep so I hear .  Bad that on a club that is everything about its image and at the front of social media  taking   prides in  being a proper family club   

very poor 

take your loss on the chin and go and have a beer. 

7 hours ago, Mark Jones said:

Full Time: Bridport 0 Falmouth 6 

Six different scorers  I hear -  Luke Johnson ........................and who?

Best ever result at St.Mary's Field 1974> in  14 visits.

Only bettered in the Vase by 9--1 at Ilfracombe Town 9-1 in 1994 with the great Ray Nicholls in charge

Attendance recorded as 179

Best behaviour in Torquay tonight

59 minutes ago, Mike Odgers said:

Six different scorers  I hear -  Luke Johnson ........................and who?

Best ever result at St.Mary's Field 1974> in  14 visits.

Only bettered in the Vase by 9--1 at Ilfracombe Town 9-1 in 1994 with the great Ray Nicholls in charge

Attendance recorded as 179

Best behaviour in Torquay tonight

33m Luke Johnson

40m Jordan Annear

43m James Ward (H)

62m Luke Brabyn (H)

68m Tom Annear

83m Jack Bowyer

Attendance was over double that watched Truro!

Bodmin 2-1 Stoneham, through to the next round after a battling performance against Stoneham. Quite amusing when they discovered they had left their kit behind, but after a bit of a debate of Gilby suggesting they play in 'Skins' we did supply them with a strip to play in. 

Well done to all other side's who progressed today. On another note a great point for Callington away at Steve Massey's Helston. Disappointing result Yet Again for St Blazey, shipping another 3 goals at Home the mood again, dour mood to say the least at Blaise Park Club house last night, everyone calling for drastic changes to avoid their lowest ever league finish. Supporters Deserve better down there. Lastly to my Second favourite side Liskeard of dispensing of Porthleven yesterday & continuing to be the Only Unbeaten Side in the division, result sounding closer than the performance suggested I was told by one of the Liskeard Hirachy last night. 

On a personal note,  Special congratulations must go to St. Austell on their comprehensive victory over Parkway. 

If Parkway had won yesterday, their manager would’ve been chomping to show his face in the clubhouse post match. No doubt about it. Learn to lose to enjoy the win. The PW manager would’ve earned more respect for showing his face & taking the banter following his inexperienced comments to the press in the build up to the match. We’ve all got to take our medicine from time to time. The most successful manager in SWPL history has received a lot of stick on here in recent weeks, but you’ll never see him shy away from a clubhouse following defeat.

Credit to a handful of Parkway faithful, Gez, Mark plus the 6 players who did come into the club for hospitality. 

Fantastic change of system at HT by St A management & brilliant reaction by the players to well and truly outplay PW off the pitch in the second half to send the Town faithful home happy! Another huge crowd at Poltair to further prove St Austell have the biggest attendance in Cornish football and in the SWPL. 

2 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Bodmin 2-1 Stoneham, through to the next round after a battling performance against Stoneham. Quite amusing when they discovered they had left their kit behind, but after a bit of a debate of Gilby suggesting they play in 'Skins' we did supply them with a strip to play in. 

Well done to all other side's who progressed today. On another note a great point for Callington away at Steve Massey's Helston. Disappointing result Yet Again for St Blazey, shipping another 3 goals at Home the mood again, dour mood to say the least at Blaise Park Club house last night, everyone calling for drastic changes to avoid their lowest ever league finish. Supporters Deserve better down there. Lastly to my Second favourite side Liskeard of dispensing of Porthleven yesterday & continuing to be the Only Unbeaten Side in the division, result sounding closer than the performance suggested I was told by one of the Liskeard Hirachy last night. 

On a personal note,  Special congratulations must go to St. Austell on their comprehensive victory over Parkway. 

'We', does this mean you are on the committee at Bodmin FC ?

59 minutes ago, Lafs said:

If Parkway had won yesterday, their manager would’ve been chomping to show his face in the clubhouse post match. No doubt about it. Learn to lose to enjoy the win. The PW manager would’ve earned more respect for showing his face & taking the banter following his inexperienced comments to the press in the build up to the match. We’ve all got to take our medicine from time to time. The most successful manager in SWPL history has received a lot of stick on here in recent weeks, but you’ll never see him shy away from a clubhouse following defeat.

Credit to a handful of Parkway faithful, Gez, Mark plus the 6 players who did come into the club for hospitality. 

Fantastic change of system at HT by St A management & brilliant reaction by the players to well and truly outplay PW off the pitch in the second half to send the Town faithful home happy! Another huge crowd at Poltair to further prove St Austell have the biggest attendance in Cornish football and in the SWPL. 

I have heard that the comments on twitter came from someone other than Mr Hobbs as he does not have a twitter account. Anyway , he may have felt that he would have got to much abuse if he did go for food and a beer , he did get some stick during the game. Just a thought ..... Well done to Gez and Mark and the boys who did go back , top effort that. We got a severe second half tanking and need to man up and take it on the chin.

Could do with Eddie in our line up please.     Just an early Christmas wish. 

59 minutes ago, Lafs said:

13 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

Sounds like lee hobbs quote about St Austell has come back to bite him. Having watched parkway a few times I have to say a result like this was coming. 

They looked vulnerable against teams with pace who get at them. 

Big set back,  but huge result for St Austell  well and truly demolished them. 

As I have said on here on previous occasions and I stand by it Lee Hobbs has an enormous head, now I doubt this made any difference to yesterday's result but u never know.

12 hours ago, The unknown said:

Half the team did but the management stayed on the bus poor show. A big thanks to yetton for bringing some of partway lads for the food layed on for the away side 

Yetton top man played against him once think he scored 5 possibly 6 goals

58 minutes ago, Mark Jones said:

Bridport v Falmouth

Good hospitality by the committee and supporters of Bridport. 

Lovely lush pitch, nice welcoming tea hut and hot food. Good programme. 

Let’s hope all the CORNISH TEAMS  avoid each other in the next round! 

DE4A4BD2-535D-4D18-BF31-C2D1047B7A19.jpeg

Everything was good except for their players, ideal set up ?

3 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Very impressive Leeds most of that made perfect sense well done.

3 hours ago, Lafs said:

So they should the town is twice the size of most others in Cornwall. Where were the loyal fans when they were struggling a few years ago? Sunshine fans I reckon.

4 hours ago, Lafs said:

The PW manager would’ve earned more respect for showing his face & taking the banter following his inexperienced comments to the press in the build up to the match.

Does anyone have the quote to these comments that sound controversial? I somehow missed this.

3 hours ago, Zac said:

Does anyone have the quote to these comments that sound controversial? I somehow missed this.

I can’t attach the screenshot, but if you go to my twitter handle -@garphied - I tweeted it yeastetday. 

Just to be clear, the comments came directly from Hobbs via Lee Hall, a fellow journalist. 

Hall posted the quotes online, but oddly took them down almost straight away. 

Wether Hobbs was misquoted or not I’m not sure and if he asked Hall to remove it for any other reason than the above then that’s poor - I certainly wouldn’t have. 

However, it certainly would have formed part of Damo and Slates’ pre-match team-talk. 

And did the trick too. 

29 minutes ago, Gareth Davies said:

I can’t attach the screenshot, but if you go to my twitter handle -@garphied - I tweeted it yeastetday. 

Just to be clear, the comments came directly from Hobbs via Lee Hall, a fellow journalist. 

Hall posted the quotes online, but oddly took them down almost straight away. 

Wether Hobbs was misquoted or not I’m not sure and if he asked Hall to remove it for any other reason than the above then that’s poor - I certainly wouldn’t have. 

However, it certainly would have formed part of Damo and Slates’ pre-match team-talk. 

And did the trick too. 

Well if it was his pre match team talk it did not work as 1st half they were awful perhaps he saved it for half time as in the 2nd half they were awesome

St. Austell beating Parkway 6-1 is one of the biggest injustices I have ever seen on the football pitch. How the referee is qualified to officiate at this level blows my mind. At LEAST 3 of the St. Austell goals were clearly offside. I can't believe nobody has even bothered mentioning the show that was the officiating in this game. Completely swayed the game towards them when Parkway were evidently on top for almost the entirety of the first half. Absolute shambles. 

I haven't even mentioned the vulgar way St. Austell went about their business. So many dirty niggles and shirt pulls to unfairly put Parkway off their dominant stride. If I were a St. Austell fan I would be disappointed that my team had to resort to such petty behaviour to unfairly grind out an undeserved result. All around joke. Normally a 6-1 loss would look pretty convincing as to who was the better team on the day, but in fact it has done the opposite. My respect for the way Parkway conducted themselves against the torrent of fouls was admirable and should be proud of themselves. 

Lastly, Eddie with the easiest goals I have seen in all my years of watching football. Most overrated player around. 

14 minutes ago, ParkwayPieEater said:

St. Austell beating Parkway 6-1 is one of the biggest injustices I have ever seen on the football pitch. How the referee is qualified to officiate at this level blows my mind. At LEAST 3 of the St. Austell goals were clearly offside. I can't believe nobody has even bothered mentioning the shit show that was the officiating in this game. Completely swayed the game towards them when Parkway were evidently on top for almost the entirety of the first half. Absolute shambles. 

I haven't even mentioned the vulgar way St. Austell went about their business. So many dirty niggles and shirt pulls to unfairly put Parkway off their dominant stride. If I were a St. Austell fan I would be disappointed that my team had to resort to such petty behaviour to unfairly grind out an undeserved result. All around joke. Normally a 6-1 loss would look pretty convincing as to who was the better team on the day, but in fact it has done the opposite. My respect for the way Parkway conducted themselves against the torrent of fouls was admirable and should be proud of themselves. 

Lastly, Eddie with the easiest goals I have seen in all my years of watching football. Most overrated player around. 

Moron

4 hours ago, ParkwayPieEater said:

St. Austell beating Parkway 6-1 is one of the biggest injustices I have ever seen on the football pitch. How the referee is qualified to officiate at this level blows my mind. At LEAST 3 of the St. Austell goals were clearly offside. I can't believe nobody has even bothered mentioning the show that was the officiating in this game. Completely swayed the game towards them when Parkway were evidently on top for almost the entirety of the first half. Absolute shambles. 

Didn't see the match, but read an entirely different view of the game from The Bald One.
If Eddys goals were the easiest seen in years, what does that say for Parkways defence ! ! sums up the second half it would appear.
It appears that Parkway didn't stay for the after match food because the grapes on offer were sour !

Liam eddies goals  where all easy low crosses put into the box the Parkway defence playing statues and goalie Moore making no effort at all to stop the ball going in the net and Pie Eater to say the goals where offside what a load of

PARKWAY where just crap on the day beaten by a team who wanted to win it more and the 1st half was even and they only went in front by a scrappy goal where i was standing the ball came off Martin Giles for a Og Well done St Austell and please go easy on my team Godolphin next week in Parsons Cup look forward to seeing you all at Godolphin Way Jason ,Neil ,Martin and the rest ot the talented team and there great supporters who always give me a Smokie a warm welcome whenever we are in attendance at Poltair Park great ground . Pieeater also said EDDY is 1 of the most overated strikers around he has been brilliant for years his goal tally each season is proof he is 1 of the top strikers around and him and Goldsworthy have got a brilliant understanding .Mike Smith yesterday was like a cart horse they had no one up front if a fit Adam Carter had played it may of been a different result but just admit you was beaten by a far better team THE END

3 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Liam eddies goals  where all easy low crosses put into the box the Parkway defence playing statues and goalie Moore making no effort at all to stop the ball going in the net and Pie Eater to say the goals where offside what a load of

PARKWAY where just crap on the day beaten by a team who wanted to win it more and the 1st half was even and they only went in front by a scrappy goal where i was standing the ball came off Martin Giles for a Og Well done St Austell and please go easy on my team Godolphin next week in Parsons Cup look forward to seeing you all at Godolphin Way Jason ,Neil ,Martin and the rest ot the talented team and there great supporters who always give me a Smokie a warm welcome whenever we are in attendance at Poltair Park great ground . Pieeater also said EDDY is 1 of the most overated strikers around he has been brilliant for years his goal tally each season is proof he is 1 of the top strikers around and him and Goldsworthy have got a brilliant understanding .Mike Smith yesterday was like a cart horse they had no one up front if a fit Adam Carter had played it may of been a different result but just admit you was beaten by a far better team THE END

Adam Carter would have made little if any difference I am afraid unless he is a decent full back or centre half because that's where parkway were abysmal

I hope nobody is upset if I go back to the subject of Lee Hobbs head but I have just thought of another manager with a huge bonce Big Sam Allyrdyce and he is a total shambles as well.

Those bloody referees. Obviously it's all their fault. How else would their have been such a gap in the scoreline? Ridiculous comment which obviously blames everyone other than the Parkway team from their loss. Tea lady at fault too?

2 minutes ago, Dave Bartlam said:

Those bloody referees. Obviously it's all their fault. How else would their have been such a gap in the scoreline? Ridiculous comment which obviously blames everyone other than the Parkway team from their loss. Tea lady at fault too?

Don't be silly. The tea ladies at St Austell are lovely!

Absolutely clueless!!! Hahaha 

Well firstly would like to say well done to all the teams that got through to the next round of the FA vase ? some great results against so called better teams!! But where are all the bodmin knockers on this forum with there congrats and well dones we beat a team yesterday that’s not lost in 12 games 10 wins and 2 draws 35 goals scored and only 7 against?? Well done to the boys yesterday and well done to the back room staff at Bodmin the pitch was looking amazing and was a pleasure to play on!! Nice away draw in the next round would be nice!! ?

Just left Blazey club after an afternoon on the Apple sourz & Larger top's, now I am not sure whether I have drank to much but myself & couple others ( both big St.Blazey supporters ) heard this evening that old failed manager Stu Morgan has been rehired by the current  young lad in charge as a player? ??

Only been gone 3 games! ?

Like I said was told this by a committee member who to was on the Apple Sourz so whether it was drink talking or we got the wrong end of the stick, but it certainly made everyone laugh! 

4 hours ago, Paul said:

Good signing. I believe he justs wants to play for the club. We need another player or two. Why not. 

Good signing .... Really Paul ? Come on, I only drink there & watch a few games in & out. Stu has been manager, & failed ( credit to him he had ago ) 

Then he went & played couple games for Plymstock, & now returned again. You can see why some of the supporters find it all a bit of Joke. To return anywhere to work under people ( let alone the young boy incharge their at present ) when he himself has been Manager will almost certainly cause conflict at some point in the dressing room/amongst players, for sure.

Like Cyril said yesterday, nobody else wants to do it, the clubs hands are tied until somebody suitable comes a long, now that was from a supporter of over 45 years ! He suggests it's either 'that' or 'nothing' the vibes he is getting out of the club. 

As a keen Parkway follower, wow, I was not expecting that result! Always thought it would be a tough game, but I don't think anyone expected the scoreline to be that one sided. I couldn't make the game myself, but from my scout reports safe to say the better won by a canter. A bit annoyed to hear of the lack of Parkway staying behind for refreshments, to me that's disrespectful towards the hosting club, but I'm sure they have their reasons. Congratulations St Austell, best of luck in the next round

On 15/10/2018 at 11:17, gingerninja said:

As a keen Parkway follower, wow, I was not expecting that result! Always thought it would be a tough game, but I don't think anyone expected the scoreline to be that one sided. I couldn't make the game myself, but from my scout reports safe to say the better won by a canter. A bit annoyed to hear of the lack of Parkway staying behind for refreshments, to me that's disrespectful towards the hosting club, but I'm sure they have their reasons. Congratulations St Austell, best of luck in the next round

The  ‘Fat lad’ ate all the Parkway food up so it didn’t go to waste !!