Newquay   3,    Bodmin Town    6    
Plymouth Argyle    5,    St Austell   2        
Sticker    2,   Saltash United    2

DIVISION ONE EAST
Axminster Town       3,   Stoke Gabriel   0

DIVISION ONE WEST
Holsworthy   3,    Dobwalls   0
Porthleven    5,    Penzance   1

Looks like the wheels have come off in Penlee park. After a busy summer of recruiting and assembling a team to compete at the top of league it looks to all be in vein. 

Hope they get back on track as it’s a club that should be competing at the top levels in Cornish football. Fantastic ground, it just hasn’t happened on the pitch over the last few seasons. 

2 minutes ago, Del Boy said:

Looks like the wheels have come off in Penlee park. After a busy summer of recruiting and assembling a team to compete at the top of league it looks to all be in vein. 

Hope they get back on track as it’s a club that should be competing at the top levels in Cornish football. Fantastic ground, it just hasn’t happened on the pitch over the last few seasons. 

Pz looked very poor and playing players from outside the club leaving regulars  on the bench won’t help there case , the manager is new but needs to learn fast as this isn’t kids football

1 hour ago, Tribute said:

Bit of a shock at coach road , especially with St Austell 2-0 Up . What sort of team did Argyle have out . Kids , under 21s , some pro’s or mixture. Makes Newquays result last week more impressive 

Argyle had pretty much all young development players out last nightnight. St Austel worthy of a two goal lead but Argyle scored with the final kick of the first half. Not sure what was said to the youngsters at half time but they came out guns blazing and took St Austel apart. In fairness the Lillywhites had two great chances very early in the second half to draw level and then go in front but squandered their chances. An impressive win for the young lads, but a little worrying for St Austel

9 minutes ago, Themanhimself said:

Penzance were  extremely open throughout  the pitch. Porthleven had an easy ride splitting Penzance apart. Sorry to say but if thats the side Penzance  have, midtable team just  about  im afraid 

Great shame as Penzance another grand old club steeped in history but looking sadly like they are going the wrong way in the table? Who is the manager down at Penlee Park at present, I see they have lost a lot of players including their keeper? Who was ringing everyone to offer his services, sounds alarming for Pz if that was correct?

49 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Great shame as Penzance another grand old club steeped in history but looking sadly like they are going the wrong way in the table? Who is the manager down at Penlee Park at present, I see they have lost a lot of players including their keeper? Who was ringing everyone to offer his services, sounds alarming for Pz if that was correct?

What about your own team leeds ? Good win on paper  but relying on big money boys again ?

2 hours ago, Themanhimself said:

Penzance were  extremely open throughout  the pitch. Porthleven had an easy ride splitting Penzance apart. Sorry to say but if thats the side Penzance  have, midtable team just  about  im afraid 

Got agree with that, particularly second half Porthleven sliced them open time and again, and a only a couple of close offside decisions prevented the scoreline being bigger

a few unexpected results last night.... most noticeably Sticker taking a point off of Saltash... especially playing with 10 men for more than 45 mins! a cracking result!! Expected Bodmin to beat Newquay more convincingly but 6-3 is still a strong scoreline... defo be challengers imo.... Argyle showing inconsistencies in terms of team selection again or is it the same team that faced Newquay? Would've expected St A to beat the kids. Finally, thought the Porth v PZ wouldve been closer, Alan/Kev have got that Porth side playing, sounded like PZ were lucky to escape with just a 5-1 thumping... huge game at the weekend in the west with Liskeard v Porthleven

Gala parc looked amazing last night full credit to the groundsman at Porthleven,the game itself was entertaining all be it a lot of niggling tackles which on another day the referee would of i'd like to think got a grip off,I'm guessing Penzance must of struggled for players as they had to draw on players from other clubs and I was informed that Porthleven were missing a few regulars. Penzance huffed and puffed and in my opinion looked strong in the mid-field with Kev Lawrence and Gary Bell but at the back they were found wanting a lot with Cadman in charge of the back line felt sorry for Danny Ford in goal conceding 5 and having a few cleared of the line,thought Luke Johnston was outstanding and should be playing at a higher standard. Porthleven i thought looked very comfortable at the back Ritchie Kellow in goal had three saves to make in the game one of which he picked out the back of the net,mid field first time watching Makee (not sure about spelling) very good player, up front even though Drummo never scored still looked lively and with the other two Fox and Carey they tore Penzance defence to bits most of the game. Worth the £4 entry

2 hours ago, SCFC said:

a few unexpected results last night.... most noticeably Sticker taking a point off of Saltash... especially playing with 10 men for more than 45 mins! a cracking result!! Expected Bodmin to beat Newquay more convincingly but 6-3 is still a strong scoreline... defo be challengers imo.... Argyle showing inconsistencies in terms of team selection again or is it the same team that faced Newquay? Would've expected St A to beat the kids. Finally, thought the Porth v PZ wouldve been closer, Alan/Kev have got that Porth side playing, sounded like PZ were lucky to escape with just a 5-1 thumping... huge game at the weekend in the west with Liskeard v Porthleven

Will go a long possibly to Saturday's fixture at Lux Park, Liskeard being my second side & a team I am very fond of. It should be a good open fixture, closer than the 3-0 spanking Liskeard dished out to Porthleven here a couple weeks ago in the Cup. Is there any truth that Kevin Richard's is now running Porthleven permanently? He was on the touchline at Liskeard a couple weeks ago, & a couple of 'older' Porthleven Gentleman in the stand there that day suggested the committee & some of the playing staff were getting Increasingly frustrated & concerned with Alan's commitment as he has been nowhere to be seen & Kevin has been running the side throughout the season. Good luck Kevin ( after this weekend of course ! ) If that is correct. I always said from when you rejoined Porthleven you were going for that Hotseat! Suits you well sir ??

18 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Will go a long possibly to Saturday's fixture at Lux Park, Liskeard being my second side & a team I am very fond of. It should be a good open fixture, closer than the 3-0 spanking Liskeard dished out to Porthleven here a couple weeks ago in the Cup. Is there any truth that Kevin Richard's is now running Porthleven permanently? He was on the touchline at Liskeard a couple weeks ago, & a couple of 'older' Porthleven Gentleman in the stand there that day suggested the committee & some of the playing staff were getting Increasingly frustrated & concerned with Alan's commitment as he has been nowhere to be seen & Kevin has been running the side throughout the season. Good luck Kevin ( after this weekend of course ! ) If that is correct. I always said from when you rejoined Porthleven you were going for that Hotseat! Suits you well sir ??

Might even see you there myself Leeds! Dont know too much about the club, but you're right in the fact that Kev has been on the touchline etc and Alan has been absent. No club statement so guessing hes still in charge though

16 minutes ago, SCFC said:

Might even see you there myself Leeds! Dont know too much about the club, but you're right in the fact that Kev has been on the touchline etc and Alan has been absent. No club statement so guessing hes still in charge though

Was just what a couple of Porthleven supporters suggested SCFC in the grandstand, said not been seen for Pre Season training & most of the fixture's. When they said there was a lot of frustration Alan is never there & Kevin seemed to of been doing all the donkey work, together with a couple players rumored to of expressed their disappointment to the committee I to wasn't so sure if Alan was still involved? Kevin looked to be enjoying himself on the sidelines barking instructions as well a couple weeks ago at Lux Park, he  looked the focal point. 

15 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Was just what a couple of Porthleven supporters suggested SCFC in the grandstand, said not been seen for Pre Season training & most of the fixture's. When they said there was a lot of frustration Alan is never there & Kevin seemed to of been doing all the donkey work, together with a couple players rumored to of expressed their disappointment to the committee I to wasn't so sure if Alan was still involved? Kevin looked to be enjoying himself on the sidelines barking instructions as well a couple weeks ago at Lux Park, he  looked the focal point. 

hmm very interesting. Possibly Alan losing interest and Kevin now unofficially taking over the reigns. Can understand the committees/players' frustration if hes not around very often. Looks like Kevin has still got the boys in shape and working well as theyre getting the results. 

31 minutes ago, SCFC said:

hmm very interesting. Possibly Alan losing interest and Kevin now unofficially taking over the reigns. Can understand the committees/players' frustration if hes not around very often. Looks like Kevin has still got the boys in shape and working well as theyre getting the results. 

Kevin has had a couple of bad stints at some clubs, but the little I know of him he seems a knowledgeable & likeable fellow. 

35 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Kevin has had a couple of bad stints at some clubs, but the little I know of him he seems a knowledgeable & likeable fellow. 

I know hes had a few successful stints at Porthleven (at a time with very little/no budget), also managed at Mousehole very successfully in the eyes of everyone apart from the owner, and Godolphin which i dont think went overly well? not sure on any others but i know hes well liked down in the Porthleven area

18 hours ago, rocky170267 said:

Alex battle was something else  on Tuesday night. Absolutely fantastic technically and very quick but very very small and I think at League 1 level will be dealt with by a strapping great centre half within the first 10 minutes. When he’s stronger he will be a fantastic player if Plymouth can keep hold of him. Definitely one to watch but like so many good young argyle  players in the past things can change dramatically. Example.. Jordan copp, Jared Sims, Jed Harper Penman, Dan Hart,River Allen, And many more

Surprised Dan Hart is mixed in with those names Rocky. Personally don't think he was ever that talented to make it to any higher than he currently is

2 hours ago, Elephant said:

Surprised Dan Hart is mixed in with those names Rocky. Personally don't think he was ever that talented to make it to any higher than he currently is

Agreed, Hart wasn't anywhere near the standard of Jordan Copp, Jared Sims, River Allen at their Peak's. In fact, maybe not even at their worst! 

1 hour ago, leedsunited said:

Agreed, Hart wasn't anywhere near the standard of Jordan Copp, Jared Sims, River Allen at their Peak's. In fact, maybe not even at their worst! 

When you see the clubs those 3 have played for, then you see Dan Hart it's laughable he's even mentioned in the same breath! 

10 minutes ago, rocky170267 said:

League titles,cup wins and a Treble.... 

There were all good lads at Battles age ?

Add to that Sullivan and Rocky Neil

all great between 15 and 18

Just because they were part of successful teams doesn't mean they were talented players. Djimi Traore won the Champions League, he was still a shocking player 

11 minutes ago, rocky170267 said:

You are obviously far more knowledgeable than me bud But I’m sure Mr Traore would’ve got in most teams in the league And I’m sure he’s a better player than you ever were.

At this moment in time Alex battle seems to be a very good player in my opinion and if you don’t have anything positive to say then don’t bother

I'm not arguing about Alex Battle the man is talented. I'm arguing that you're claiming Dan Hart is in the same league as Rocky Neale, Jordan Copp, River Allen etc. Last time I saw Dan Hart he was the size of a bus and couldn't run! 

11 minutes ago, rocky170267 said:

You are obviously far more knowledgeable than me bud But I’m sure Mr Traore would’ve got in most teams in the league And I’m sure he’s a better player than you ever were.

At this moment in time Alex battle seems to be a very good player in my opinion and if you don’t have anything positive to say then don’t bother

I'm not arguing about Alex Battle the man is talented. I'm arguing that you're claiming Dan Hart is in the same league as Rocky Neale, Jordan Copp, River Allen etc. Last time I saw Dan Hart he was the size of a bus and couldn't run! 

1 hour ago, herbie777 said:

In my opinion Rocky Neale if he had been handled properly by Argyle in his youth would now be a pro player. He is quick with both feet and brain, and unlike any of the useless rabble at Home Park he can play with either foot.

Still time yet....vardy 

2 hours ago, herbie777 said:

In my opinion Rocky Neale if he had been handled properly by Argyle in his youth would now be a pro player. He is quick with both feet and brain, and unlike any of the useless rabble at Home Park he can play with either foot.

I think the problem with Rocky is his height. At the level Argyle play at he would get bullied too much. However, I could well be proven wrong