Cornwall Football Forum

Newquay vs Bodmin

Getting ready to walk up the hill to the football at Mt Wise  to see Newquay vs Bodmin think Bodmin will win 3-1 and Mr Glynn Hobbs will score i think hes a fantastic player I will writ a report on the match when i get back hoping Newquay can win and play as well as they did last week against the kids of Plymouth

What a game 4-4 would of been a fairer result after Newquay had come back from 4-1 down but it wasnt to be and Bodmin in the end came out as 6-3 winners .It started with 1 of the fstest goals scored from kick off by the brilliant Glynn Hobbs you think then its going to be a hammering especially when Hobbs gets 2 and his strike Bowker also gets 2 ,dont know if Glynn Hobbs will have the fastest goal in  Cornish football ithink that is still held by Alex Cole when he was in a Godolphin shirt and now hes in a Newquay shirt and was on the field playing tonight . Newquay came back and made it 3- 4 and you think the comeback was on especially when Bodmin Goalie Corey Harvey shoud of been sent off for handling outside the box all was given was  free kick to Newquay which came to nothing .Bodmin are a class side with the brilliant Steve Colwell and Shane Krac pulling the strings in midfield and the 2 strikers Glynn Hobbs and Bowker both having fine games the defence was not so good with Jake Ash struggling at times didnt go much on ex Newquay player Tom Whipp and Bodmin Goalie made some strange decisions punching the ball when he could of caught it and how he wasnt sent off nobody knows  but i dont like  seeing players sent off but Newquay could of gone on to win the game but it wasnt to be .My man of match for Newquay Jose Perez and for Bodmin the very clever player Glynn HOBBS . Hard luck Newquay well done Darren Gilbert and your fine Bodmin team people said they would struggle but with the talent they have there the will give most teams a tough game good to see ex Newquay player Danny O Hagan there pity he wasnt still at Newquay they could do with his experiance to help the young lads in the team .Really good game not for the faint hearted but well worth the £5 to be entertained like that Smokie made friends with a Black Labrador from Bodmin i think but he was a bloody pain tonight whining because i wouldnt let him off his lead . Next match for me think i will take a trip to see my old friends down St Austell when they play Plymouth Parkway this saturday and i am going for a 2-1 to St Austell . Thought the ref and linesmen where having good games except for that mistake in not sending teh Bodmin goalie off

Clear cut penalty when Perez taken from behind but the referees assistant bottled it,don,t know what game

you watched 100% but I thought the referee and the young assistant referee were not up to the required standard tonight.

agree with you that it was a good game to watch though

9 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

If that was the case, not sure what you would say about some of Newquay’s defending. So naive at times!

Blimey, don't say that Dave! You will have all sorts of people on here accusing you of being 'Anti Newquay' etc shortly! 

Very very disappointed with how we let Newquay back in to the game last night, very sloppy defending, but we could of hit double figures at the other end & I believe Newquay as a team were frightened of Hobbo. He was superb for Bodmin last night. As for the officials, I thought they had a good game. 

Newquay actually looked very dangerous going forward. Quick to break and at times tore Bodmin’s defence apart as well but always trailing on the night.

Let’s hope the attack continue to play like that on Saturday and the defence tightens up somewhat.

I thought Perez had a hand on his back in the Bodmin box second half and could well have been given a penalty as for the biggest talking point in the second half - Cory Harvey handballing outside the box. Yes he probably did and not sure what all the fuss from Bodmin players was all about, especially from players who would have been well on 50 yards away! But I still wouldn’t say ref wasn’t up to it!

I watched the game, Bodmin in all seriousness looked very sharp up front, and although I have made my opinions clear on Hobbs and Krac they r both top notch in this league, if Krac is going to be at Bodmin full time I would not write them off for winning anything, things  could get very interesting 

Glynn Hobbs  was superb last night as where  Krac and Caldwell  Bodmin defence where very suspect as where Newquays Danny O Hagan should play at Centre half Tom Whipp wasnt really up to it last night but neither was Jake Ash .ill stick to my prediction of Bodmin ended up 4th in the league but they could get a cup this year they looked class last night and at times Glynn Hobbs was unplayable and the Newquay defence just couldnt cope with him and that goal at the start had to be quick thinking to try tat shot from the half way line shows what a good football brain he has would like to know if his goal a was as fast as the one Alex Cole scored when he ws playing in Godolphin colours