Cornwall Football Forum

PLAYERS LOOKING FOR A CLUB

My friend and I are both hoping to make a leap from youth to mens football being sixteen. We are both physically fit players based in the truro area but have some flexibility with travel, who can be useful to a club in need of players. I play  right back or right wing and my friend can play anywhere from the midfield upwards. Please reply if you can much appreciated.

Harry Owen

39 minutes ago, Hazza said:

My friend and I are both hoping to make a leap from youth to mens football being sixteen. We are both physically fit players based in the truro area but have some flexibility with travel, who can be useful to a club in need of players. I play  right back or right wing and my friend can play anywhere from the midfield upwards. Please reply if you can much appreciated.

Harry Owen

Stithians res are  in need of fresh players  and can sort out to and from games. 

We are always looking for new players to join our club. We have 2 teams, the first team play in the duchy premier league and our flexi team play on Tuesday evenings in Bodmin. We also train on Wednesday nights at Brannel 3G. We can also help with travel from Truro. 

18 hours ago, Fanfare said:

Best to join a team who genuinely need players not those who are "always looking"

We have a small squad so we are 'always looking' for players and due to their ages we can promise regular playing time for both teams. Young players need to be playing regularly, which is why we have joined the flexi league.

Cornish Legend ?!!?? You are not a legend. If you were you would be older than most and as an older ex player you would understand the changes that clubs go through.  Stithians FC have been the go to club for years, have an excellent set up. Private training ground. I could go on.  In future try not to be personal about other teams going through a difficult period.

The first team lost 6 players last season and therefore players had to move from Reserves to 1st team, leaving a complete new build for reserves. 

So...........before you engage your tiny brain pause and think that you could be damaging a successful club like Stithians FC. 

Thank you for your comment and yes still looking for players(Premier and div 4) that can be committed to helping either team in a hard season due to losing said players from last year.Training on Wed nights at the Showground,please pm me for any info if interested cheers Billy.

On 07/10/2018 at 15:50, Hazza said:

Harry Owen

Harry Goonhavern under 16s could do with a couple of players if still available? Training Wednesday's at 7pm at the ground goonhavern to perranporth road ?

• 3 years later...
On 10/10/2018 at 18:26, OwenKelley said:

Cornish Legend ?!!??

I think even by his own admittance - it’s actually cornish leg end! 

Harry Owen

Who do you currently play youth football for Harry?

Harry Owen

Good luck finding a club Harry and well done for showing the initiative to post on here.

The pathway from youth -> men’s in Cornwall is haphazard to say the least and with only 1 U18 Kernow League this season there’s reduced opportunities, in a vital stepping stone into adult football. Then there’s the perpetual  issue of finding an adult team that won’t just plonk you on the bench for 85 minutes every Saturday, until you “earn” your chance, whilst the manager’s drinking mates waddle around the pitch😂

Original post from 2018! I hope you’ve found a club by now @Hazza😂 

@Adam Blacklercould you try and build a relationship with u18 teams, maybe Perranporth and St Austell could be close enough to you? I can’t imagine those club’s adult teams will have space for all the players, once they become ready to play adult football..