Cornwall Football Forum

ludgvan deducted points?

6 minutes ago, leonardHofstadter said:

If rumours of ludgvan borrowing st Dennis players last week in their 16-0 battering last week are true. Can someone please explain to me why they haven’t been deducted points for playing illegible players?

rules are rules.

Seems like Sunday football to me ?

6 minutes ago, leonardHofstadter said:

If rumours of ludgvan borrowing st Dennis players last week in their 16-0 battering last week are true. Can someone please explain to me why they haven’t been deducted points for playing illegible players?

rules are rules.

Think you mean ineligible mate ! ??

48 minutes ago, leonardHofstadter said:

If rumours of ludgvan borrowing st Dennis players last week in their 16-0 battering are true. Can someone please explain to me why they haven’t been deducted points for playing ineligible players?

rules are rules.

I was told they 'borrowed' players YES.... But these players weren't actually signed to another SWPL team, from what I know they were St Dennis 2nd team players but NOT signed to another SWPL team so no issue or rules broken so technically these are now Ludgvan signed players (they may of been released after the game)

On ‎06‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 14:02, VillageBoy said:

I was told they 'borrowed' players YES.... But these players weren't actually signed to another SWPL team, from what I know they were St Dennis 2nd team players but NOT signed to another SWPL team so no issue or rules broken so technically these are now Ludgvan signed players (they may of been released after the game)

But were these players signed and registered with the SWPL within the allotted time ; before 4hrs of the kick off as I understand it.

And even if they were, can a situation were two secretaries (or whoever) collude in an effort for one to avoid financial penalties and possible sanctions and the other to gain an unfair sporting advantage over others in the competition be allowed to go unquestioned ?

1 hour ago, leonardHofstadter said:

It is and everyone want a game of football on a Saturday but they should still get deducted points.

Why?

If they signed the players with the permission of the league and managed to fulfill the fixture at the expense of a huge loss. No rules appear to be broken therefore no deduction of points is necessary at this juncture.

9 hours ago, leonardHofstadter said:

If rumours of ludgvan borrowing st Dennis players last week in their 16-0 battering are true. Can someone please explain to me why they haven’t been deducted points for playing ineligible players?

rules are rules.

It’s odd that you’ve made an account just to ask for the team rock bottom of the league (and highly likely to have to pull out completely) to get deducted more points...

10 hours ago, Hurler said:

It’s odd that you’ve made an account just to ask for the team rock bottom of the league (and highly likely to have to pull out completely) to get deducted more points...

Why the hell kick a dog when it is down.

I bet the two teams contacted the league before the kick-off to confirm what they did was within the rules and regulations laid down or Ludgvan wouldn't have bothered with all the travelling and suffering the loss.

As I say, we should be helping Ludgvan, not punishing them. 9 games played, minus 3 points, goal difference of minus 50, what good would a points penalty do.

If they can rush through their remaining 19 league games they can be relegated back to the Combo.

Over the course of 90 minutes, four St Dennis players registered to play in the SWPL played for Ludgvan. 

Both clubs agreed to get the game on and whilst the SWPL wouldn’t be drawn on whether there will be any further sanction, they did tell me after that they were aware of the situation and the League’s integrity was of paramount importance too. 

In all honesty, in nearly 10 years of covering games for various media outlets, I’ve never witnessed anything quite like it. 

To say the game was farcical would be putting it lightly. That’s not a dig at Ludgvan either, they are trying hard to turn their fortunes around, but surely a time has to come when a decision, either by the club or the League themselves, needs to be made about their future going forward. 

No excuses for not raising a team. Nearly two months in, and only one league game at home, with the away games mostly east Cornwall and west Devon. Away again apparently to Bere Alston next week. Not saying it would make a difference, but I think it would have helped 

12 hours ago, mikeb said:

No excuses for not raising a team. Nearly two months in, and only one league game at home, with the away games mostly east Cornwall and west Devon. Away again apparently to Bere Alston next week. Not saying it would make a difference, but I think it would have helped 

Ludgvan usually start the season purposefully away from home the majority of the time due to cricket being held at the same venue (literally next to the pitch) and therefore can only have one at a time. So i assume (although the cricket season has ended now), the fixtures were done in this way at the request of ludgvan

On ‎06‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 19:20, Fanfare said:

Why?

If they signed the players with the permission of the league and managed to fulfill the fixture at the expense of a huge loss. No rules appear to be broken therefore no deduction of points is necessary at this juncture.

On ‎06‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 22:35, sportsman10 said:

What difference is having points deducted anyway ? If they were on -60 would it matter ? They don’t  strike me as winning the league. 

On ‎07‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 08:54, cornishteddyboy said:

Why the hell kick a dog when it is down.

I bet the two teams contacted the league before the kick-off to confirm what they did was within the rules and regulations laid down or Ludgvan wouldn't have bothered with all the travelling and suffering the loss.

As I say, we should be helping Ludgvan, not punishing them. 9 games played, minus 3 points, goal difference of minus 50, what good would a points penalty do.

If they can rush through their remaining 19 league games they can be relegated back to the Combo.

It`s not about the points deduction, it`s the ramifications of the scoreline. Come the end of the season would other clubs be happy if they were beaten into one of the top four places on goal difference and thereby lose out on prize money or even receive none at all ?

And would it be fair if the 16-0 `result` were to stand as the new record win for the West Division, as has been declared on the SWPL website ?

42 minutes ago, Rightside O`theriver said:

It`s not about the points deduction, it`s the ramifications of the scoreline. Come the end of the season would other clubs be happy if they were beaten into one of the top four places on goal difference and thereby lose out on prize money or even receive none at all ?

And would it be fair if the 16-0 `result` were to stand as the new record win for the West Division, as has been declared on the SWPL website ?

Leave it stand I say. Give Tavistock something to aim for the next time they play Bodmin ?

6 hours ago, Rightside O`theriver said:

Stoke Gabriel beat Liverton United 23-0 a few seasons ago in the East Division. 

Hi as a player who played that day up st Dennis it was unfortunate about wat happened and found it sporting of there club to help us out they could offsaid no but helped us out so the game got played dispite the result and yes we were missing few players due to illness but why don’t people get off ludgvan back and talk about wats gone on some where else who side have deployed and no one slagging them off on here u all wondering which team that is that players have left 

5 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

It’s a talking point because you have to admit it’s rather an unusual situation.

How many clubs would have to sign presumably minimum 6 players from the opposing side?

Unprecedented I would suggest! 

I think it just shows Dave the Standard of local football as a whole, I can Never see it going back to how we remember the local scene used to be. 

1 hour ago, leedsunited said:

I think it just shows Dave the Standard of local football as a whole, I can Never see it going back to how we remember the local scene used to be. 

Used to be a privilege to be involved with a senior team . After watching numerous games , as long as you can lace a pair of boots up your in . Especially what I’ve seen of east Cornwall Div 1 ?

6 hours ago, leedsunited said:

And of course your lot at Bodmin helped by dragging players from their local areas for daft amounts of money.

Looking at the games already played by Ludgvan it looks like they have a problem finding enough players to travel to play away matches.

Perhaps there is a possible solution if other clubs are willing to move fixtures around. 

Their remaining away fixtures are at Bere Alston, Bude, Dobwalls, Liskeard, Mousehole, Marjon and Wendron. 

Perhaps the league can alter the fixtures at Bude, Marjon, etc, and put them at the end of the season. With the shorter trips to Mousehole and Wendron in the near future. Perhaps the Liskeard game could be mid-week. 

By playing the longer away games later on they can perhaps build up their squad of players so will have enough available to travel. Also playing mid-week they might have more available players. 

Just seems a simple solution if finding players able to travel is the problem. It gives the club time whilst not really disrupting the league program of matches. 

19 minutes ago, cornishteddyboy said:

Looking at the games already played by Ludgvan it looks like they have a problem finding enough players to travel to play away matches.

Perhaps there is a possible solution if other clubs are willing to move fixtures around. 

Their remaining away fixtures are at Bere Alston, Bude, Dobwalls, Liskeard, Mousehole, Marjon and Wendron. 

Perhaps the league can alter the fixtures at Bude, Marjon, etc, and put them at the end of the season. With the shorter trips to Mousehole and Wendron in the near future. Perhaps the Liskeard game could be mid-week. 

By playing the longer away games later on they can perhaps build up their squad of players so will have enough available to travel. Also playing mid-week they might have more available players. 

Just seems a simple solution if finding players able to travel is the problem. It gives the club time whilst not really disrupting the league program of matches. 

a great idea, however, Liskeard away midweek may as well be called off now 

2 hours ago, cornishteddyboy said:

Then you would just as well let all the clubs pick and choose when they play!

Chaos would be the word for it.

3 hours ago, cornishteddyboy said:

It’s bad enough players picking and choosing when they play let alone the clubs, I agree with older it would be chaos

26 minutes ago, silly billy said:

Pity they can't bring a few supporters with them. I went Saturday was hardly anyone there.

Reserve teams thing of the past now, teams can't complete fixture's at the so called 'highest level' in Cornwall so can't see the hassle or bother setting out reserve sides in lower leagues with teams folding, pulling out, not raising a team etc etc ?

7 hours ago, leonardHofstadter said:

Still waiting for those points to be deducted 

What is your problem? They didn't do anything wrong! They are already on minus three.

Went to watch today and they are a bunch of battlers. Playing against a gale it was 0-4 at half time but when they went down to ten through injury they conceded three more.

My question to you @leonardHofstadter is why are you so anti-Ludgvan?

25 minutes ago, burt said:

Maybe its just a West problem!

Heard that Big Ron is now manager of Penzance after a lot of NEW players have already flown the Magpies nest. What is going on down West?

Who was the manager at Penzance, heard they have lost a lot of players including their best player ( boy who scored for Falmouth Saturday in Vase?) Was expecting them to do well this season with their Summer recruitment, but looks as if it's gone a bit Wrong.

Another Big club in termoil . When I was a lad playing they were one of the County's biggest & proudest clubs. Those old 'Black & White' Stripes.