Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL & Senior Cup - Friday 5 October 2018

Good game at Helston. The home side were 2-0 before the threadbear visitors equalising before half time. 

End to end in the second period and extra time before a 117th minute winner.

Penzance dugout was very underfilled. They have a reserve team which includes a 30-40 goal striker from last season. Why not call up some of the players. They might not play but it's the club they represent. Even if they brought @Simon2389 as reserve goalie, he could have filled in if the non first team keeper who played was unable to continue.

8 minutes ago, Fanfare said:

Good game at Helston. The home side were 2-0 before the threadbear visitors equalising before half time. 

End to end in the second period and extra time before a 117th minute winner.

Penzance dugout was very underfilled. They have a reserve team which includes a 30-40 goal striker from last season. Why not call up some of the players. They might not play but it's the club they represent. Even if they brought @Simon2389 as reserve goalie, he could have filled in if the non first team keeper who played was unable to continue.

Currently sat in Tesco car park next door to Kellaway Park eating a sandwich which looks like it's been of the shelf for year's! A long drive home after watching extra time tonight. How Helston have not won this match 7-1 I will never know. Absolutely battered Penzance but could not convert their chances ( even the 3 off the line! )

Mass will be pleased to be in the hat, but would of much preferred & deserved a less stressful evening as it could of been a rout if Helston brought their shooting boots. 

45 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Currently sat in Tesco car park next door to Kellaway Park eating a sandwich which looks like it's been of the shelf for year's! A long drive home after watching extra time tonight. How Helston have not won this match 7-1 I will never know. Absolutely battered Penzance but could not convert their chances ( even the 3 off the line! )

Mass will be pleased to be in the hat, but would of much preferred & deserved a less stressful evening as it could of been a rout if Helston brought their shooting boots. 

Think I must have watched a different match! All credit to both teams for providing excellent entertainment over the 120 minutes. Both sides lacked the finishing touch throughout the game but it was certainly not as one-sided as suggested above!

7 hours ago, Paul said:

Sticker are very very very lucky tonight. 

Unbelievable. 

Sticker made their own luck something that has been in short supply recently.   St Blazey rode their luck when  following a Sticker foul, a St Blazey player was guilty of a stamping incident and was lucky to not to have been sent off as the incident was apparantley missed by the referee.   Josh Andrews scored a well taken goal for St Blazey from a free kick out on the wing, and Andrew Butler scored a scorcher from distance to claim the goal of the night.     With Duchy Premier League players making up the numbers for Sticker, they will be pleased with the result achieved and move on into the next round.        Although results are not going their way in the league, Sticker supporters should be pleased with some of the youngsters in their playing ranks that augers well for the club if they can hang on to them, as they mature and gain experience in the SWPL Premier League.

8 hours ago, John Mead said:

Think I must have watched a different match! All credit to both teams for providing excellent entertainment over the 120 minutes. Both sides lacked the finishing touch throughout the game but it was certainly not as one-sided as suggested above!

Helston had 3 cleared off the line John! 

3 hours ago, We Two said:

Sticker made their own luck something that has been in short supply recently.   St Blazey rode their luck when  following a Sticker foul, a St Blazey player was guilty of a stamping incident and was lucky to not to have been sent off as the incident was apparantley missed by the referee.   Josh Andrews scored a well taken goal for St Blazey from a free kick out on the wing, and Andrew Butler scored a scorcher from distance to claim the goal of the night.     With Duchy Premier League players making up the numbers for Sticker, they will be pleased with the result achieved and move on into the next round.        Although results are not going their way in the league, Sticker supporters should be pleased with some of the youngsters in their playing ranks that augers well for the club if they can hang on to them, as they mature and gain experience in the SWPL Premier League.

I Don't know why Paul should think Sticker were very, very, very lucky  last night as I think St Blazey were very, very, very lucky to have eleven players on the pitch! Also the constant moaning to the referee who was very patient!

1 hour ago, John Mead said:

That's good defending Leeds! The result was in doubt until the 117th minute and both sides had chances to win! I call that a close game, even allowing for the missed chances by both sides. 

Only my opinion John, good defending or 'Riding your luck!' Either way, I think Helston deserved their Victory & should of had a lot more goals to show for it! With 6 missing/rested also last night, so they could prepare for the County Youth fixture today, well done to Steve Massey's on fielding a weakened team, getting a result & keeping the County lads fresh for today. Kellaway park looking great under the lights also. 

5 hours ago, razor61 said:

I Don't know why Paul should think Sticker were very, very, very lucky  last night as I think St Blazey were very, very, very lucky to have eleven players on the pitch! Also the constant moaning to the referee who was very patient!

The referee had a mare. Blazey should have had two penalties, including this howler: 

giphy.gif

Isn't deliberate hand ball in the area a red card offense?

49 minutes ago, SteveM said:

The referee had a mare. Blazey should have had two penalties, including this howler: 

giphy.gif

Isn't deliberate hand ball in the area a red card offense? 

Yes it is,  and so is stamping on an opponent, oh and no mention of the Blazey number 7 pushing a defender out of the way also an offence and shown on this clip.

21 minutes ago, We Two said:

Yes it is,  and so is stamping on an opponent, oh and no mention of the Blazey number 7 pushing a defender out of the way also an offence and shown on this clip.

It Looked a brilliant headed goal line clearance to me! Shame I cant slow the film down!

14 minutes ago, razor61 said:

It Looked a brilliant headed goal line clearance to me! Shame I cant slow the film down!

We have managed to do that Razor61  and have formed the same opinion as you, frame by frame the ball is shown being headed away.   In that sequence it also shows the St Blazey number 7 giving a forearm push to the Sticker number 4 ( Butler we believe ) and in doing so stopped him from jumping to head the ball away.        We would expect a foul to be given for that offence which happened before the alledged hand ball, which would negate the penalty claim anyway.  Thank you to whoever took and posted the video clip as it removes any doubt we may have had about what happened.    V.A.R. rules o.k.!

9 minutes ago, Paul said:

A header!! You have to joking. ? It was 100% a hand ball. There was no intentional stamp at all. Unbelievable. 

Paul as you are a St Blazey supporter and I am a Sticker supporter we will never agree. There was red card incident though and that was a two footed tackle on Andrew Butler near the left hand corner flag early in the first half which the ref only issued a yellow card!

Edited by razor61
mistake

Knowing the referee like I do I’m sure he would have been absolutely gutted that he couldn’t spot this, perhaps due to the speed and his view being obscured slightly.

There were players crossing the path of the view as it comes in though and it’s not as easy a spot as people make out I believe. He would have had to be 100% sure to give it as you correctly say it would also be a red card.

8 minutes ago, Paul said:

If thats the case everyone will be handling the ball off the line. Its his job to be in a postion to see the handball. Cost us the game. Simple as that. As for a two footed challenge, no one appealed for a red card for any tackle. 

What cost you the game is that you didn't score as many as Sticker, as for your reference to the corner and the foul on the Sticker defender which denied him the opportunity to at least try to head the ball away ,not being a game of snakes and ladders, that comment sums it up, the laws of the game state that that is an offence, you can not cherry pick.        Credit to you for at least admitting in a round about way that the push did happen.     It also appears that refs now have to have telepathic qualities to  know exactly where the ball is going to be so that they can be in the correct position to be all seeing.

47 minutes ago, Paul said:

Ive slowed it down. Its 100% a hand ball. As for saying there a shove on a defender, this is a corner during a football match. Not a game of snakes and ladders. 

I didn't need 2 slow it down. Handball 100%.what do I know. Swings and roundabouts in all walks of life

2 minutes ago, We Two said:

What cost you the game is that you didn't score as many as Sticker, as for your reference to the corner and the foul on the Sticker defender which denied him the opportunity to at least try to head the ball away ,not being a game of snakes and ladders, that comment sums it up, the laws of the game state that that is an offence, you can not cherry pick.        Credit to you for at least admitting in a round about way that the push did happen.     It also appears that refs now have to have telepathic qualities to  know exactly where the ball is going to be so that they can be in the correct position to be all seeing.

U have other pairs of official eyes 2 help refs. Sometimes refs don't take any notice of them. Or was it a club linesman like Bodmin today. He did a decent job

8 minutes ago, We Two said:

No.....its not a push. If it is then your goalkeeper was pushing our player out the way as well so penalty there. You cant cherry pick what push is given to suit you. Either way, hes got away with the hand ball and thats that. 

46 minutes ago, Paul said:

No.....its not a push. If it is then your goalkeeper was pushing our player out the way as well so penalty there. You cant cherry pick what push is given to suit you. Either way, hes got away with the hand ball and thats that. 

Paul you lost. To a Premier Division side, no shame in it. Get over it ?

as a neutral, dont think it was a foul from the Blazey number 7 from the corner, nudged him more than "pushed", handball is blatant, but im sure if you analysed every single in game play, where the ref missed something, red card shouldve been given, lucky spin of the ball, goal line clearances etc most games even themselves out

3 hours ago, secretscout said:

Blatant hand ball, however, you should also ask what on earth your keeper was doing there.  If he doesn't miss it completely, that wouldn't have happened.  Awful mistake!

In the words of an old song " I guess it doesn't matter any more "  .We must compliment St Blazey who apparantly didn't have a player put a foot wrong it seems.