Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny & Cups - Saturday 6 October 2018

23 minutes ago, peggy78 said:

Peach of a cup tie played at castle field today. Lanner took an early lead through Gareth Ireson. St Erme equalised midway through the 2nd half with barrington-smith nodding home with seconds left. Plenty of chances at both end. Plenty of quality on show and woodwork was hit at least 4 times in total. Great game to watch

Was a great cup game, our lads are gutted but we stayed in it and so easily could’ve gone the other way! Good luck to you and your lads in the next round. 

Mullion 5 - 0 Storm

Despite the loss I was really proud of the lads, dug in deep and played really well, especially against a solid div 2 side, scoreline was flattering for Mullion in my opinion who knew the best way to play in that swirling wind, I think it might have been a bit different with an official referee, we were upset by a couple of decisions leading up to goals, but it is what it is, that being said you can only beat who is in front of you so thank you to Mullion for arranging the ref, and good luck in the tournament going forward. 

9 hours ago, trh84 said:

Mullion 5 - 0 Storm

Despite the loss I was really proud of the lads, dug in deep and played really well, especially against a solid div 2 side, scoreline was flattering for Mullion in my opinion who knew the best way to play in that swirling wind, I think it might have been a bit different with an official referee, we were upset by a couple of decisions leading up to goals, but it is what it is, that being said you can only beat who is in front of you so thank you to Mullion for arranging the ref, and good luck in the tournament going forward. 

Mullion must be concentrating on the junior cup this season not senior

PSC 1st round 

thank you to madron for getting the game played with a volunteer ref. on a very windy pitch down madron. we opted to go against the wind first half and ended up 2 goals down even after multiple shots on goal. second half we had the wind advantage and scoring with in the first 10 seconds of the half started the come back. final score 2-6 to Perranwell reserves goals from Matt rose 2, matt size 1, mike rollason 1, Scotty Harris 1, Jim 1.. 

madron's keeper had plenty to do and pulled off some unbelievable saves. he was class.

best of luck to madron in the league a good bunch of lads in a horribly wind effected game.

3 hours ago, G2DO said:

What happened in the Illogan 3rds Vs Constantine game? "Game abandoned due to Constantine refusing to continue"

Is that 2 abandoned games in a row for Illogan?

Bill Trethewey has been refereeing for years and this must have been a new one for him.

Wasn't at Illogan game today as was on holiday with the family. 

Illogan 2-1 up with 14 minutes to go...

Illogan issued with a red card, Constantine team decided they didn't want to play on.....

From reports, alot of abuse and hefty tackles going in on a few of the younger and by far better players from the Constantine boys..... 

Ref handled the situation well from what I heard, Illogan player left the field of play and went to get changed but Constantine decided not to continue. .. nothing ref could have done but end the game...... 

Illogan also accused of playing a player that was banned.... the player was sat watching the game with his young daughter...... quality allegation guys...  

Illogan take on redruth united reserves his week..... 

Not sure what happened in this game but we at Mullion res played them twice last season and we played Illogan 2nds in Junior Cup have to we had no problems at all in either of the three games. All three games played in great spirits and very enjoyable and when we played  Illogan Res in Junior they were very welcoming to us.

On 08/10/2018 at 16:28, Portreathlegend said:

Wasn't at Illogan game today as was on holiday with the family. 

Illogan 2-1 up with 14 minutes to go...

Illogan issued with a red card, Constantine team decided they didn't want to play on.....

From reports, alot of abuse and hefty tackles going in on a few of the younger and by far better players from the Constantine boys..... 

Ref handled the situation well from what I heard, Illogan player left the field of play and went to get changed but Constantine decided not to continue. .. nothing ref could have done but end the game...... 

Illogan also accused of playing a player that was banned.... the player was sat watching the game with his young daughter...... quality allegation guys...  

Illogan take on redruth united reserves his week..... 

Hi portrethlegend im sorry to  disagree  With you as I was at the game . Before the young lad inquisition got sent off he had already punched a Constantine player in the back of the head . Which illogan skipper and follow players saw as they moved him on to the opposite wing . Then he’s dad went in to the Constantine dugout and fretted the Constantine subs with a fight in the next field . The Constantine player that got punched three times and had he’s eye cut open. These are my opinions and not endorsed by any club 

14 minutes ago, cockney rob said:

Hi portrethlegend im sorry to  disagree  With you as I was at the game . Before the young lad inquisition got sent off he had already punched a Constantine player in the back of the head . Which illogan skipper and follow players saw as they moved him on to the opposite wing . Then he’s dad went in to the Constantine dugout and fretted the Constantine subs with a fight in the next field . The Constantine player that got punched three times and had he’s eye cut open. These are my opinions and not endorsed by any club 

Illogan should get a big punishment 2 games in a row is just ridiculous. 

Stithians v Threemilestone

Disappointing game all round for are team and Stithians.  Can't believe ref sent of two of there players for talking back to him. I have never seen the likes of it ever.  It was an embarrassment for a club as regarded as Stithians.  Usually the team to pick up most sporting team.  All I can think of is the ref was totally on threesmilstones side.  One of there team, think it was the captain no.10 or 11 I think all he did was question why all the free kicks were going to threemilstone and he got a red card.  I just couldn't see how the ref could get away with that, the bloke didn't use bad language or anything to him.  Felt for him and for the club and manager.  ref also  sent of there manager although not sure why that was.   All I can think was the ref had it in for Stithians.  They had to play with 7 men not a bit of wonder about the score.    Spoke to stithians playrs aft the game and thinking of writing as a club to fa as it was clearley a vendetta the ref had for poor Stithians.    great result for us all the same and we played some great football. It would not have mattered who Stithians had, even think with some there top team players we would have beeten em.

1 hour ago, CRAIGYBOY2 said:

Disappointing game all round for are team and Stithians.  Can't believe ref sent of two of there players for talking back to him. I have never seen the likes of it ever.  It was an embarrassment for a club as regarded as Stithians.  Usually the team to pick up most sporting team.  All I can think of is the ref was totally on threesmilstones side.  One of there team, think it was the captain no.10 or 11 I think all he did was question why all the free kicks were going to threemilstone and he got a red card.  I just couldn't see how the ref could get away with that, the bloke didn't use bad language or anything to him.  Felt for him and for the club and manager.  ref also  sent of there manager although not sure why that was.   All I can think was the ref had it in for Stithians.  They had to play with 7 men not a bit of wonder about the score.    Spoke to stithians playrs aft the game and thinking of writing as a club to fa as it was clearley a vendetta the ref had for poor Stithians.    great result for us all the same and we played some great football. It would not have mattered who Stithians had, even think with some there top team players we would have beeten em.

If Stithians or any team feel aggrieved by a refereeing performance, they need to mark the referee a mark of 60 or below and submit an adverse report form - they should know the process.

4 hours ago, cockney rob said:

I was playing in this game for illogan and from my point of view the 16 year old lad was a target and bullied by several Constantine players leaving a bit in on tackles and their bench giving their 20 pence when un needed throughout the game. A punch shouldn’t have been thrown and the lad knows this but when somebody is pushed to their limits they react and that is exactly what happened. You can only provoke someone so far until they feel enough is enough. As for the incident the week before I believe it was the frogpool player that was sin binned that decided to go over to the illogan manager and start that altercation. 

10 hours ago, CRAIGYBOY2 said:

God that was hard work reading that !

13 hours ago, cockney rob said:

They have dugouts at Illogan Park?!

(Am assuming it was played at Oxland)

26 minutes ago, Leehh said:

I know right. Atleast tell the truth and know what your going on about. So many holes it's unreal.

To be fair, as I said before the referee was stithians manager. Tms do have a player called craigy, but I'm not sure if this is him or not who wrote that. I will say thanks alot to the stiths gaffer for reffing the game. He didn't have as bad a game as Craig made out, but he did seem to favour tms with the decisions, as alot of fair men do when reffing their own side.

50 minutes ago, Roy D said:

To be fair, as I said before the referee was stithians manager. Tms do have a player called craigy, but I'm not sure if this is him or not who wrote that. I will say thanks alot to the stiths gaffer for reffing the game. He didn't have as bad a game as Craig made out, but he did seem to favour tms with the decisions, as alot of fair men do when reffing their own side.

You normally find that when people referee their own side they come down harder on their own team. 

They like to be seen to be overly neutral.

19 hours ago, NJ96 said:

I was playing in this game for illogan and from my point of view the 16 year old lad was a target and bullied by several Constantine players leaving a bit in on tackles and their bench giving their 20 pence when un needed throughout the game. A punch shouldn’t have been thrown and the lad knows this but when somebody is pushed to their limits they react and that is exactly what happened. You can only provoke someone so far until they feel enough is enough. As for the incident the week before I believe it was the frogpool player that was sin binned that decided to go over to the illogan manager and start that altercation. 

Don’t lie - our player was stood next to the co-manager and our kit and never had an altercation with the manager, but a supposed supporter (Illogan have admitted this, and supposedly banned him - although it appears he was there on a Saturday).

Can’t speak for what happened on Saturday as wasn’t there. Best that all of us that weren’t there keep our opinions to ourselves and leave the CCFA to deal with the facts, rather than speculate on here.

On 09/10/2018 at 18:58, ian beale said:

Illogan should get a big punishment 2 games in a row is just ridiculous. 

I was at both games and both Illogans opponents had their bluff called. Frogpool and Constantine both tried to bully younger inexperienced teams and when fire was met with fire ran away like the cowards they are!! If I had a 16 year old son who was being bullied by grown I’m reacting in exactly the same way

Just now, number37 said:

I was at both games and both Illogans opponents had their bluff called. Frogpool and Constantine both tried to bully younger inexperienced teams and when fire was met with fire ran away like the cowards they are!! If I had a 16 year old son who was being bullied by grown I’m reacting in exactly the same way

My team is made up of 16-23 year olds so it’s interesting that we are being made to sound like experienced players who felt the need to bully our way through the match, anyone who’s played us knows that certainly isn’t our way of playing.

If you would react to a standard football match by physically assaulting someone you must be a lovely bloke ?

I’ve never assaulted anyone in my life, I have though  witnessed team mates being assaulted and never once thought of walking away and refusing to play on. The Illogan players actions were totally wrong but the ref dealt with it and you and your team took the easy option by copying Frogpools childish behaviour 

1 minute ago, number37 said:

I’ve never assaulted anyone in my life, I have though  witnessed team mates being assaulted and never once thought of walking away and refusing to play on. The Illogan players actions were totally wrong but the ref dealt with it and you and your team took the easy option by copying Frogpools childish behaviour 

I’m from Frogpool bud! I’m not going to explain the decision making process again as I don’t feel the need to justify it again.

All I know is that the Illogan manager has condemned the actions of the individual (good on him). The CCFA will punish those involved and it will all be dealt with anyway. 

It can’t just be me with half a brain cell on this forum. Illogans last 2 matches have been abandoned due too someone being punched by someone to do with their club and they have the audacity (that means cheek if you don’t know) to come on here and try and blame the other teams. Also when a town 3rds player had a leg broken over illogan a couple of seasons ago the manager said to ‘just roll him off’ which was met with complaints to which he offered everyone behind the club house for a fight although I’m not sure the guy could even spell fight let alone give one. 

It’s one thing reffing on the side of tms but another when you are blatant about it.   As for truths Leehh. Errr you must have been the ref at the game init.  Lying about that poor chap who you sent off. Plenty of plrs in and roun him said he swore after the red card was shown not before. Thing has to be said init that why would you send two players off 5 mins b4 end of game. What purpose did it acheeve when they were already smashed and feeling bad that 2 of there plyrs had walked an loozing 20-nil.   Unless you had a gruge against them.  As a ref you ought to feel ashamed.   You are a disgrace to being a ref. 

I hope both both teams report him. 

Dave Bartlam,  I was there as a spectator. I was walking my dog and sat watching the game to the side of some cars.   It was obvious that the referee was on the side of the other team, (sorry I can't remember team name)  not the home team.   Only arriving 10 minutes into the first half so can not comment on what went on before that, it was a very odd game as the home team were not in the same standard as the other team by a long way.  They did the best they could with 9 players. I felt real sympathy for them because the referee only awarded 1 free kick to them the time I was observing the game.  I was only watching and I have not played football in a long time but it was very clear who's side the referee was on.  One ferocious tackle to one of the home teams men was played on with the referee and that happened more than once during the game but seemed to award free kicks galore to the visiting team for easy going tackles.    At one point near the end of the game it seemed the referee gave an easy free kick to the visiting team and one of the men on the home team threw his arms up in disbelief,  he was clearly very annoyed at the decision but at no time did he use unsavoury language to the ref, he disagreed with the decision but no certainly there was no swearing until he got the red card.  I was surprised why he didn't question the referees decision or refuse to be sent off, maybe he was confused but the air went blue once he was shown the red card.  I was a little alarmed at his choice  some very demeaning swear words for the referee. Although I must say that the referee deserved it.   It was a clear cut case of biased refereeing.   My dog needed to go to the toilet so I took him to the back of a nearby hedge as I didn't want to foul the ground near the pitch. When I got back I heard that another player had been sent off too but didn't hear why.   Dave Bartlam there should be an enquiry into this as it seems very likely that an innocent party has been punished for no obvious reason, what struck me more was that there was not even a warning or anything.  That, as a minimum, should have happened.     

1 hour ago, ARGYLEMAD said:

Dave Bartlam,  I was there as a spectator. I was walking my dog and sat watching the game to the side of some cars.   It was obvious that the referee was on the side of the other team, (sorry I can't remember team name)  not the home team.   Only arriving 10 minutes into the first half so can not comment on what went on before that, it was a very odd game as the home team were not in the same standard as the other team by a long way.  They did the best they could with 9 players. I felt real sympathy for them because the referee only awarded 1 free kick to them the time I was observing the game.  I was only watching and I have not played football in a long time but it was very clear who's side the referee was on.  One ferocious tackle to one of the home teams men was played on with the referee and that happened more than once during the game but seemed to award free kicks galore to the visiting team for easy going tackles.    At one point near the end of the game it seemed the referee gave an easy free kick to the visiting team and one of the men on the home team threw his arms up in disbelief,  he was clearly very annoyed at the decision but at no time did he use unsavoury language to the ref, he disagreed with the decision but no certainly there was no swearing until he got the red card.  I was surprised why he didn't question the referees decision or refuse to be sent off, maybe he was confused but the air went blue once he was shown the red card.  I was a little alarmed at his choice  some very demeaning swear words for the referee. Although I must say that the referee deserved it.   It was a clear cut case of biased refereeing.   My dog needed to go to the toilet so I took him to the back of a nearby hedge as I didn't want to foul the ground near the pitch. When I got back I heard that another player had been sent off too but didn't hear why.   Dave Bartlam there should be an enquiry into this as it seems very likely that an innocent party has been punished for no obvious reason, what struck me more was that there was not even a warning or anything.  That, as a minimum, should have happened.     

Grow up how many fakd accounts do you want to make. There was no cars near the pitch they were all round bk. Fyi i am stithians manager. I told everyone not to swear at me before the game. The first player said u are a shit ref. Red card. The second player said u are a effin joke. Red card. Laws are laws and as for 9 men it would be 10 as i sent the 2nd player off who was on the sideline. Both red cards were bk to bk so u not seeing the 2nd one is strange. Leaving 10 men on the pitch. Also the first player sent of went and stood on the side of the pitch told he couldn't. Got more verbal abuse. In my opinion and it is only my opinion. You are lucky to only get a two game ban. If not happy with the two game ban feel free to appeal it

I gave 6 free kicks to stithians and 8 to tms. So grow up. I'm only human and not going to see all or make the right calls all the time. Also fyi that's the first time in my reffing career i have had to send ppl of for abusive language

If there is a inquiry I'm happy for there to be one. God as my witness i will tell the truth.

Thank you and good day

Gents,

This falls under the rules and discipline (Governance) department at Cornwall FA, not the League. We would only get involved if the Cornwall FA advised us to do so.

Looking at the above statement, if what Leehh's said is true, then those two comments by the Stithians players were easy red card offences for Offensive, Insulting and/or Abusive behaviour. As the referee on the day, the man in the middle has the full backing of Cornwall FA and the Trelawny League.

Seriously gents, we need to stop with all this nonsense on social media. Slagging people off from behind a keyboard and absuing people online is not cool. It can also lead to misconduct charges brought against the assailants under rule E3 (I believe) for bringing the game into disrepute. It is not uncommon for individuals to be sanctioned due to their conduct on social media platforms.

The beauty of this forum is that we can share our opinions and experiences within our community - that doesn't give us the right to attack people behind an alias and a keyboard.

If you'd like to discuss any of the above for clarification, please feel free to contact me (tlregsec@outlook.com). 

Let's just stop with the nonsense on here. All the issues above for the games that have been thrust into the spotlight are being dealt with by the club's in question, the Cornwall FA and the Trelawny League respectively.

1 hour ago, willy7 said:

Am I reading this correct leeh is the stithians manager who sent two of his players off for swearing, and even the opposing team thought he was biase toward them?

Dont think any of these new/fake accounts will be reply's from Threemilestone lads. In my opinion probably from one of the players that recieved the red card and a ban. Dont know why they need to vent their frustration on here, why not just talk to their manager-referee?

A couple of tough weeks at Illogan for me....

Frogpool game is done and dusted.... county will punish the individual in question and as for the game it was a decent game up to that point and one we were in control of even with only 10 men. 

Constantine was a completely different story..... Constantine had a game plan to rough up a team 2 divisions above them..... trust me I know because even though I wasn't there, I have seen 3-4 of my players at training with stud marks at least knee high or above...... 

They managed to bully a 16 year old boy... both verbally and physically and when the boy in question had received enough abuse he reacted..... again determined the way he reacted and he is sorry that he struck a player on the pitch.... but several Constantine players pushed him around all game and I understand why.... this 16 year old is a quality player and was ripping them apart and if I was up against that back in the day I would have made sure he knew I was there and kicked the shit out of him.

But there are a few things I don't understand.....

A red card was issued.... the player left the field and the game could have continued..... but rather than play on the Constantine team walked off and refused to play on..... 2-1 down... 15 minutes to go, not had a shot on goal since their goal in first half.... maybe they saw this is a way to get the result......

When they get home, they realise they did wrong by walking off and then decide to accuse us of playing 3 second team players and a player banned.... who was at game with daughter and texting me to keep me updated on result..... told the league they had photo evidence and then can't supply it..... trying everything they can to make the result go there way.... 

Go back 5 years or sooner..... who hasn't been in a game where a pinch was thrown.... a red card issued and we all carry on playing...... not this season.... it seems if a incident happens in a game then you have every right to walk off and fight for a game you were losing...... even when the ref is happy to carry on and the situation had been dealt with and no reason to stop........ 

Illogan is not a club out to cause trouble or fight everyone.... ask all the teams we have played accept the last two games and they will all say it was a decent game and Illogan played decent football.

So before you all jump on the band wagon of banning a club or banning a player..... just remember there are rules to abide by.... red cards are issued all the time and I am pretty sure there are rules about just walking off the pitch and deciding not to play anymore just because you want to..... so whilst my player receives a ban and quite right he should..... I hope the right people in the right position in both county and league see that in both games we had abandoned it wasn't because of a assault happening on the pitch of sidelines, it was because our opposition were losing and they decided they didn't want to continue even when the match officially clearly stated we were ok to carry on because the situations were sorted out correctly....... 

That's enough from me....... rules are there to be kept to and if my player is red card because he broke a rule, then the rules to just decide to not play and walk off should also be enforced........ 

Redruth on Saturday and I know for sure it will be a good game and there will be no incidents.........

For someone who wasn't there you seem to know a lot. Or are assuming. Going on secondhand information. How many people played Chinese whisper when younger and the message changed from start to finish....

"Trust me I know" - no you don't know because you weren't there. 

Assumptions

Presumptions

Guesswork

Ladies and Gents, what most of you are failing to grasp with the Illogan situation is that a decision will be made by the County FA based on a report made by someone who was in charge of the games.....who's that most of you will be thinking right now!!! Let me give you a clue he/she wears black, has a whistle and gives up there valuable time at the weekend to allow a lot of prima donna's to play football (this is not all players I will add ?).....still no clue??? Its called a referee, not the home team manager, not the away team manager and certainly not the players. I was all ready to sign up for the referee course as I cannot play anymore due to injury (some may say I couldn't play before) but after watching some games after hanging up my boots and reading the comments on here I really cannot be arsed to drive all over Cornwall to be abused. The way things are going there will be no referees left and you will only have yourselves to blame when the game declines even further. 

10 minutes ago, dwaynemcavoy said:

Ladies and Gents, what most of you are failing to grasp with the Illogan situation is that a decision will be made by the County FA based on a report made by someone who was in charge of the games.....who's that most of you will be thinking right now!!! Let me give you a clue he/she wears black, has a whistle and gives up there valuable time at the weekend to allow a lot of prima donna's to play football (this is not all players I will add ?).....still no clue??? Its called a referee, not the home team manager, not the away team manager and certainly not the players. I was all ready to sign up for the referee course as I cannot play anymore due to injury (some may say I couldn't play before) but after watching some games after hanging up my boots and reading the comments on here I really cannot be arsed to drive all over Cornwall to be abused. The way things are going there will be no referees left and you will only have yourselves to blame when the game declines even further. 

Well said.

But the idiots will not listen.

7 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Well said.

But the idiots will not listen.

What Dwayne says is largely true. Except it is not just based on the report of the referee so that’s not entirely accurate. The CCFA consider reports from all involved parties, not just the official.

Completely agree in terms of referee abuse - although I’m not sure the Illogan situation actually involves much/any official abuse from any of the involved parties - the threemilestone situation may do - this is exactly why when asked if I’ll referee when we don’t have a game I usually say no. The odd Saturday I get without football I don’t want to spend on the receiving end of verbals. To think I enjoyed it when I first started seems ridiculous!

Can I again reiterate, none of the comments posted about the referee in the Stithians vs Threemilestone Res game are from Threemilestone players. We are not only very greatful for the stithans manager stepping in to help but happy with the job that was done. I've made a point to our lads that anyone receiving a booking, sin bin or red card for abusing a ref will get heavily fined by me, aswell as the fine they will receive  from the ccfa.