Troon 1-5 Perranporth Reserves
West Cornwall Reserves 0-4 Camborne School Of Mines

ARTHUR PEARCE CUP
Hayle Thirds 2-1 Frogpool & Cusgarne Reserves
Illogan RBL Thirds 2-1 Constantine Reserves
St Agnes Thirds 1-2 Wendron United Fourths
Stithians Reserves 0-25 Threemilestone Reserves

4 hours ago, Jamo said:

Illogan res v helston  3rds in percy stephens cup cancelled, no referee available 

Shame we were not even given the chance to offer a volunteer to ref this game before it was called off...plus i thought could not be called off untill mid day on Saturday in case a ref becomes available?? 

Referee available !

1 hour ago, Hurler said:

Ludgvan Reserves v Tregony in the Percy Stephens Cup is off due to the lack of an available referee.

We found a volunteer to take charge of the game but Tregony have refused to play without an ‘official official’ which is disappointing. 

Why didn't you go and help your first team fulfil their fixture

2 hours ago, karaoke said:

Referee available !

Why didn't you go and help your first team fulfil their fixture

I believe their game was called off late last night due to their opposition not wanting to play the game without an official Referee, Those lads know the scenario the 1st team are in but surely many of you can understand and appreciate these lads have had a good strong squad every game and enjoy their football and I know a few would help out and a couple have in previous games but it's tough for them to say yeah I will go all the way to St Austell/ Plymouth etc and get beat playing with a bunch of guys I've never met.... would you?! Especially when you've signed up not to play that standard and the distances involved.

No you wouldn't, so this point is utter ridiculous 

Arthur Pearce cup. 

Stithians reserves 0-25 (twenty-five) Threemilestone reserves 

Goal scorers 

Chris Shackley 11

Nigel Martin 4

Tom Goodman 4 

Liam Patterson 

Paul Suddes 

Michael Hodges 

James Dobson 

Elliot Baker 

Jake Merrifield 

12 minutes ago, Roy D said:

Arthur Pearce cup. 

Goal scorers 

Chris Shackley 11

Nigel Martin 4

Tom Goodman 4 

Liam Patterson 

Paul Suddes 

Michael Hodges 

James Dobson 

Elliot Baker 

Jake Merrifield 

That's just a waste of everyones afternoon

There is absolutely no pleasure in losing by that amount - After all it's supposed to be an enjoyable hobby

There isn't a lot to be gained by winning by that score truth be told

3 minutes ago, Brianmooreshead said:

There is absolutely no pleasure in losing by that amount - After all it's supposed to be an enjoyable hobby

Stithians are struggling for a few reasons. Bottom of the bottom league, but as long as they field a team each week that's all we can ask. Tms are a new side who probably will go up this season & next  a 52 year old scored 4 for the stones today which was great to see, well done Nige Martin. 

54 minutes ago, Roy D said:

Stithians are struggling for a few reasons. Bottom of the bottom league, but as long as they field a team each week that's all we can ask. Tms are a new side who probably will go up this season & next  a 52 year old scored 4 for the stones today which was great to see, well done Nige Martin. 

Then it really is time to pack it all in mate 

1 hour ago, Brianmooreshead said:

Not really a waste of an afternoon though, threemilestone can only beat what’s in front of them. Fair play to stithians players  for sticking it out, others would not bother at all 

4 minutes ago, Ron Manager said:

Percy Stephens Cup.

Threemilestone 2, Penzance res 1.

H.T. 0-0.

Not much gap between the sides. TMS had more patience in front of goal. About 15 watching. 0-0 half time. TMS caught Pz napping in 47th minute and with a through ball on 79. Pz had a penalty in 89 min. Luke Carroll with his 17th league or league cup goal of the season.

Probus 11 - 0 St Agnes reserves

From the 1st minute to the last only ever going to be one winner. Probus went ahead early and never looked back.

6 up by half time and everyone chipping in with the scoring by the 2nd half, even the gaffa. 

Overall good result for Probus and st Agnes never stopped playing, good luck for the rest of their season.

Division 1.

Constantine 1-3 Mawnan Reserves

An 1100 KO thanks to Dave Bartlam agreeing to an early start (and then doing an afternoon game too), and Constantine and us keen to get the game on.

Constantine took an early lead with a great free-kick,  but Mawnan scored 3 1st half goals and saw out the second half.  

Freed up the afternoon to watch the 1st team beat Falmouth Town Thirds 7-0 in  the Percy Stephens Cup.

Mariners 0 rosudgeon 3.Game ruined by the wind,nil nil half time mariners hitting the post a couple of times and Rosudgeon forcing me in a few smart saves.2nd half rosudgeon controlled the game and took there chances,good luck in the next round.thanks for the amazing grub after also thanks to graham stephens from our club who did well with the whisle

Rosudgeon first 3 - 0 St.Ives Mariners

Through to the next round of the cup with Toby Angwin and Jamie Hooper getting a goal each plus an own goal. 

Troon Reserves  2 - 4 Rosudgeon Reserves

After going a goal down, Rosudgeon were brave and battled through the match to come out on top in a convincing win. Two goals a piece from Dan Hopkins and Dom Hannaford. 

10 hours ago, Hurler said:

Ludgvan Reserves v Tregony in the Percy Stephens Cup is off due to the lack of an available referee.

We found a volunteer to take charge of the game but Tregony have refused to play without an ‘official official’ which is disappointing. 

Don’t blame um 

26 minutes ago, Chris Davey said:

Chris must be disappointed to not have received a first team call up yet! ?

Glory hunter couldn’t score in combo , feed the shackers 

4 hours ago, Roy D said:

Arthur Pearce cup. 

Goal scorers 

Chris Shackley 11

Nigel Martin 4

Tom Goodman 4 

Liam Patterson 

Paul Suddes 

Michael Hodges 

James Dobson 

Elliot Baker 

Jake Merrifield 

This completely sums up the state local football is in at the minute. absolute shambles 

1 minute ago, fudge said:

totally agree ian beale,any wonder teams fold with these teams with so called big fish playing against teams who are in the lower leagues for a reason.

Hahaha as I've said on here before. Threemilestone is finally in a good place. 2 seasons ago all of the local boys were off playing for other clubs which meant TMS had to fold their 2nd team & their 1st team finished with 1 point throughout the whole season, 1 point. Now 2 tms boys have taken over the 1st team & 2 tms boys have started a reserve side again. Both are popular lads which has meant the core of players who were off playing combo for goonhavern, carharrack, Falmouth, illogen Etc for the past few years have all come back to their local club, the way it should be. We have around 50 players to choose from each week & more if needed who come & watch (hence the 100+ crowd for the Chacewater game). Now Tms 2nds have had to start in the bottom league, as have Chasewater & Tregony (both very good sides), if we could have started in say div 2 then we would have but that's the way it is. As I said we are a tight club with a massive group of mates, aged late twenties to mid thirties mainly, we all go out drinking together after the games meaning the clubhouse is booming. Both sides are at the top of their league's, I don't see what we have done wrong, I think we are doing it the way it should be & every village team should be full of the local boys, so rather than blaming us for teams folding maybe you should blame the players who don't support their local team. 

Ps. This is how stithians have been getting on this season.

Screenshot_20181006-203718_Samsung Internet.jpg

3 minutes ago, Roy D said:

Hahaha as I've said on here before. Threemilestone is finally in a good place. 2 seasons ago all of the local boys were off playing for other clubs which meant TMS had to fold their 2nd team & their 1st team finished with 1 point throughout the whole season, 1 point. Now 2 tms boys have taken over the 1st team & 2 tms boys have started a reserve side again. Both are popular lads which has meant the core of players who were off playing combo for goonhavern, carharrack, Falmouth, illogen Etc for the past few years have all come back to their local club, the way it should be. We have around 50 players to choose from each week & more if needed who come & watch (hence the 100+ crowd for the Chacewater game). Now Tms 2nds have had to start in the bottom league, as have Chasewater & Tregony (both very good sides), if we could have started in say div 2 then we would have but that's the way it is. As I said we are a tight club with a massive group of mates, aged late twenties to mid thirties mainly, we all go out drinking together after the games meaning the clubhouse is booming. Both sides are at the top of their league's, I don't see what we have done wrong, I think we are doing it the way it should be & every village team should be full of the local boys, so rather than blaming us for teams folding maybe you should blame the players who don't support their local team. 

So none of the reserve players are better than your first team players? Because you’re first team are in a higher league so surely they should be playing for them? But I suppose why would you want to do that when you could be beating teams 25-0. Today was a waste of 22+ players and a referee which could have been used in a real game. 

5 minutes ago, ian beale said:

So none of the reserve players are better than your first team players? Because you’re first team are in a higher league so surely they should be playing for them? But I suppose why would you want to do that when you could be beating teams 25-0. Today was a waste of 22+ players and a referee which could have been used in a real game. 

1st team are top of division 1 & have beat 2nd place perranporth at their place. This despite being docked 3 points for fielding an illegible player. The 1st team manager has the players he wants. Oh & the ref was stithians manager today. He sent 2 of his own players off.

12 minutes ago, Roy D said:

You said maybe you should blame the player's for not supporting their local team. Isn't that what most of what your team done when you all jumped ship few year's back?

10 minutes ago, Roy D said:

We had this problem at Penwith exiles when we started in the lower divisions. You will have the conversation a few more times in the coming years if you all stick together ?

5 minutes ago, Danielburt8 said:

We had this problem at Penwith exiles when we started in the lower divisions. You will have the conversation a few more times in the coming years if you all stick together ?

As I said mate, we are all around 30, most of the squad have known eachother for our whole life, we will stick together until we pack it in now, it's nice to be able to have a few beers as a team on Fridays as well as Saturdays ?

PSC: Newlyn NA (3) 5 -v- 3 (2) Stithians

First of all, big praise to both teams agreeing to play the game with an unofficial referee, especially to Stithians as Newlyn supplied him.

This was a good game of football, played for the large part in good spirits. It is football after all. NNA went straight into a 2-0 lead after 5 minutes, with S hitting back with a couple of goals themselves to level it up. Newlyn had a penalty saved (expertly saved mind you, outstanding effort by the keeper), but took a lead into half time with a third goal. Second half, both teams basically cancelled each other out. Not too much goal-mouth action. A couple of good saves from the NNA keeper kept them in front, and they finally netted a fourth with 15 to go. Back came S to make it an exciting end, but NNA scored with seconds remaining to put a bot of gloss onto the victory, making it look a slightly easier victory than it was. Certainly evenly matched on the day, and NNA took their chances, whereas S were denied. The game will be repeated (at S) in the Junior Cup in 3 or 4 weeks, so not long for them to try to get their own back!

Well done to both sets of players, who in the circumstances, deserve a lot of praise to get the game played. I see a few games called off today with no referee available, and its a shame that they cannot reach agreement in these circumstances.

8 minutes ago, willy7 said:

You said maybe you should blame the player's for not supporting their local team. Isn't that what most of what your team done when you all jumped ship few year's back?

Exactly, you're damned if you do, damned if you don't. 

12 minutes ago, ian beale said:

Both sets of managers have the players they want. If players are needed between the sides then we all discuss this and choose wisely so both sides can have players that can compete against any side. TMS as a club at present is being run very efficiently and this is showing in both sides results. Hate the fact we're doing well all you want but TMS as a club has gone from being a club that used to compete against all sides to being beaten left right and center. So for the club to turn everything around should be applauded not frowned upon.

On another note, if any of the stithians reserves players are on here. I'd like to say I take my hat off to the whole side for trying and putting in the graft even in such a one sided match. Many others would just give up completely but they didn't. All of them are a good bunch ?

Just now, brayer10 said:

I appreciate you started again and your doing well but please don't blame the local players as they turn up every week and do they best they can just don't have the quality available that you do. 

Na you've got me wrong Brayer bud. What I mean is that in the glory days if you lived in aggie you played for aggie  if you lived in madron you played for madron Etc. Now as soon as anyone get a half good they move on, we have a team full of local players & I think we should be praises for that, not the opposite. We have a quality buzz about the squad because of it

2 minutes ago, Roy D said:

Na you've got me wrong Brayer bud. What I mean is that in the glory days if you lived in aggie you played for aggie  if you lived in madron you played for madron Etc. Now as soon as anyone get a half good they move on, we have a team full of local players & I think we should be praises for that, not the opposite. We have a quality buzz about the squad because of it

But last time as soon as you wasn’t winning everyone left your loyal club full of locals. Now you have a team back in div 4 and big time Charlie’s have remembered how loyal they are to their club. 

4 minutes ago, ian beale said:

But last time as soon as you wasn’t winning everyone left your loyal club full of locals. Now you have a team back in div 4 and big time Charlie’s have remembered how loyal they are to their club. 

Someone sounds slightly bitter.... Think you should stick to EastEnders bud ?

6 minutes ago, ian beale said:

Don't be daft Ian, our whole squad left to go to carharrack, they didn't leave because they weren't winning. Also they weren't TMS boys. We have a squad full of good blokes, no big timers here. 

I have my own opinions on what's being discussed here, but I will keep them to myself. However, what I will say is that Stithians are another club that have been struggling of late who should be very proud of the fact that they are fulfilling their fixtures. This result would not have been nice for them! Look at the senior cup today; Ludgvan, Mullion, Pendeen, St Teath etc all unable to raise a side for one of the finest competitions in Cornish Football! These are good established clubs here. My hat goes off to the teams that are doing their best to get on with it! For me, I have more respect for Stithians for playing the game (and losing) than I have for TMS for winning it; purely because of the situation - nothing more.

With all of that said - I'd like to thank our clubs and volunteers today that again are bailing us out of the brown stuff with regards to the current refereeing situation. Without the proactive teams willing to go for an early kick off, those agreeing to play with no referee and of course to these volunteers who take up that thankless task in the midde, we would have had over 50 postponements due to no referee already! Combine that and another wet winter - well, you know what happened last season.

My last note to these volunteers is if you have issued cautions or sent players off today, please get in touch with me on tlregsec@outlook.com so I can advise you on what needs to happen.

Peach of a cup tie played at castle field today. Lanner took an early lead through Gareth Ireson. St Erme equalised midway through the 2nd half with barrington-smith nodding home with seconds left. Plenty of chances at both end. Plenty of quality on show and woodwork was hit at least 4 times in total. Great game to watch