Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL & Cornwall Senior Cup - Saturday Oct 6 2018

22 hours ago, hoppit said:

Could leave work early, the draw was made ages ago so had plenty of time to prepare.

And lose wages, I don’t think so !

11 hours ago, mattelot said:

Good to see jack bowyer had a good day at the office .looking forward to next weeks trip to bridport . ?

That will be another hammering !

Saturday 06 October 2018

v Godolphin Atlantic(Away)

The Cornwall Senior Cup(Round 1)

Saltash United line-up:Ryan Rickard,Dave Barker(Caleb Summerfield(88 mins),Callum Martindale,Sam Leary,Callum O'Brien,Dave Trott(Henry Wilson 79 mins),Richard Maddison,Sam Farrant(Shaun Cleary 81 mins),Sam Hughes,Lee Phillips,Steve Sargison.

Unused subs:Jamie Simmonds & Lewis Russell.

Bookings:Maddison.

Result:Godolphin Atlantic 0 Saltash United 3   

Scorers:Barker(52 mins),Phillips 2(60 & 80 mins). 

Attendance:N/A

Referee:R.Clarke.

On a very windy afternoon at Godolphin Way Saltash played into the wind first half.The Ashes had the best chance of the first 45 minutes when Richard Maddison split the home defence but saw his shot hit the post.The rest of the half was very even but Godolphin could not take advantage of the strong wind at their backs.

The second half saw the Ashes use the wind to their advantage and went ahead on 52 minutes when the home keeper Ben Mitchell failed to push a Maddison shot to safety and Dave Barker followed up the loose ball to score.On sixty minutes it was 2-0 when a good Ashes move found Lee Phillips in space to give the keeper no chance.With ten minutes remaining Phillips made it 3-0 with a header from a Sam Hughes cross and with just minutes to go Hughes lobbed the keeper only to see the ball hit the bar.

A good Ashes win against a very hard working Godolphin side.The difference being Saltash used the strong wind better than the home side.  

1 hour ago, Themanhimself said:

Your on the bus going to bridport i hear. Ticket payed for and all!!!

Are there enough supporters to support the charter of a bus ?

1 hour ago, mattelot said:

Yep apparently he's the driver cos he drives everyone round the bend ! ???

You really should apply for a job as a comedian !

Players in this day and age will always rule the roost as they know with a lack of players around and loads  teams scratching around for any old player who can kick a ball  straight   they can pick and choose when to play. What’s a manager going to do if 5- 6 players cry off on Friday or Saturday morning cause they can’t be bothered 

I remeber doing everything I could to play  traveling some Saturdays  2 hours after work. If you missed a game  such was the strength of the  teams local and higher standard  you wouldn’t get back in for a while  

So sad to see the local game going this way with young players seemingly not interested anymore  

On 06/10/2018 at 16:58, Del Boy said:

Mousehole 3 - 2 Millbrook

Good game of football played in windy conditions. 

Mousehole better side in the first half and took a 2 goal lead into ht (against the wind) both teams reduced to 10 men in the first half. Bad tackle Millbrook and retaliation for Mousehole. 

Mousehole started the second half on the front foot. However Millbrook pulled a goal back before Mousehole restored their two goal lead. Millbrook then pushed to get back in the game and scored in the last 10 mins. They pushed and pushed for the equaliser but were denied by a fantastic save from Mousehole keeper and denied by the wood work at the death. 

Mousehole deserves winners and showed that football beats brutality every time. 

There’s no disputing the result but what brutality are you talking about ? If you are going to quote at least get it right the game was keenly contested by both sides and apart from the incident was a good contest, good luck to Mousehole for the rest of the season and may I suggest you think about popping along to your local opticians 

On 07/10/2018 at 17:06, Hands like shovels said:

There’s no disputing the result but what brutality are you talking about ? If you are going to quote at least get it right the game was keenly contested by both sides and apart from the incident was a good contest, good luck to Mousehole for the rest of the season and may I suggest you think about popping along to your local opticians 

No need for opticians. 

Mousehole played football throughout the contest. 

Millbrook big physical side trying to use their size throughout the contest and from my and a lot of other spectators view point over physical at times. 

I agree a good contest.

On ‎06‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 14:45, VillageBoy said:

That's the simplest answer In the world isn't it.... It's never as simple as that and you know it, you can't expect lads to do it, of course they're 1 club but seems to me lookingfrom the outside in like yourself but knowing some of these boys it's only 1 club when someone wants something but either way a few 2nd team players have helped out in other games and no doubt wpuld of done if it was home but I wouldn't travel all the way up there so can't blame them.

What are you going on about chief? If it concerns you that much go get your boots on! 

Competitive edge- they play in Div 2 in cornwall for a reason especially to play with their mates they are not professionals or going to get anywhere from playing local football so the words competitive edge are ridiculous.

Backbone- mate your just an absolute douche....

Won't get my boots on because my playing days are long gone and besides, if I shouted at one of my own team they might run and hide behind you. I might be a douche but I'm certainly not your mate or a chief. Mullion players of old must be so proud. Best of luck for the rest of the season anyway.