Exmouth Town 5, Ivybridge Town 0 
Newquay 2, Camelford 0 

DIVISION ONE WEST 
St Dennis 4, Bude Town 3 

CORNWALL SENIOR CUP 1ST RD 
Bodmin Town 3, Illogan RBL 1 
Carharrack 1, Porthleven 8 
Godolphin Atlantic 0, Saltash United 3 
Launceston H/W Mullion (unable to raise a team) 
Lizard Argyle 0, Wendron United 2 
Looe Town 1, Falmouth Town 12 
Mousehole 3, Millbrook 2 
Roche 0, Wadebridge Town 3 
St Agnes 0, Liskeard Athletic 3 
St Stephens Boro H/W Ludgvan 
Torpoint Athletic 1, St Austell 6

1 hour ago, wedding280991 said:

Mullions problem was players working until 12.30 and then nearly a 2 hour trip from Mullion to Launceston so couldn’t possibly get there for kick off. 

Launceston have floodlights. Surely a later kick off would have been possible with a little effort?

Edited by Clubman
Misspellings

1 hour ago, wedding280991 said:

Mullions problem was players working until 12.30 and then nearly a 2 hour trip from Mullion to Launceston so couldn’t possibly get there for kick off. 

Could leave work early, the draw was made ages ago so had plenty of time to prepare.

39 minutes ago, karaoke said:

Ludgvan unable to raise a side....why leave it until Saturday morning.

Again?? Surely this has to be stopped today? That's the 3rd time this season? After borrowing 7 players & the guy from the tea hut at St.Dennis last week as well? Come on guys ... This is ridiculous.

1 hour ago, sportsman10 said:

The amounts of teams unable to raise a side this early in the season for Cornwall main cup competition is truly embarrassing!! Surly they should be expelled from it  now for a few years 

That would save them about £ 60/70 as I believe it costs about this to enter ?

51 minutes ago, Cornishfootball said:

Just cannot see how Ludgvan cannot get 15 players together (no matter the standard) to play their games. Baffling

34 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

And their 2nd team game was cancelled due to no referee...…..could they have not helped the first team !

21 minutes ago, karaoke said:

And their 2nd team game was cancelled due to no referee...…..could they have not helped the first team !

It's pretty tough for any team to get 15 players in October... especially when you've been struggling in previous weeks, fair play to some of the lads who have joined and helped out (others offering to help each week) but obviously losing and the travelling all then boils to a head and people lose interest and you're back to square one, is it a bit embarrassing? YES.... Is this club trying all it can to get a team out and please the people who seem to know it all on here? YES

In regards to surely the 2nd team could help.... 

I believe their game was called off late last night due to their opposition not wanting to play the game without an official Referee, Those lads know the scenario the 1st team are in but surely many of you can understand and appreciate these lads have had a good strong squad every game and enjoy their football and I know a few would help out and a couple have in previous games but it's tough for them to say yeah I will go all the way to St Austell/ Plymouth etc and get beat playing with a bunch of guys I've never met.... would you?! Especially when you've signed up not to play that standard and the distances involved.

No you wouldn't, so this point is utter ridiculous 

18 minutes ago, VillageBoy said:

It's pretty tough for any team to get 15 players in October... especially when you've been struggling in previous weeks, fair play to some of the lads who have joined and helped out (others offering to help each week) but obviously losing and the travelling all then boils to a head and people lose interest and you're back to square one, is it a bit embarrassing? YES.... Is this club trying all it can to get a team out and please the people who seem to know it all on here? YES

I believe their game was called off late last night due to their opposition not wanting to play the game without an official Referee, Those lads know the scenario the 1st team are in but surely many of you can understand and appreciate these lads have had a good strong squad every game and enjoy their football and I know a few would help out and a couple have in previous games but it's tough for them to say yeah I will go all the way to St Austell/ Plymouth etc and get beat playing with a bunch of guys I've never met.... would you?! Especially when you've signed up not to play that standard and the distances involved.

So its 2 teams not a club !

17 minutes ago, VillageBoy said:

So are you blaming the time of year or that you are struggling? Only been playing since August so two months is a bit quick for players to be throwing the towel in!!! With regards to your second team players not wanting to go and play with strangers - get a grip!!! Players are over 16 years old not 7 year olds. Where is their competitive edge or their backbone?

11 minutes ago, karaoke said:

So its 2 teams not a club !

That's the simplest answer In the world isn't it.... It's never as simple as that and you know it, you can't expect lads to do it, of course they're 1 club but seems to me lookingfrom the outside in like yourself but knowing some of these boys it's only 1 club when someone wants something but either way a few 2nd team players have helped out in other games and no doubt wpuld of done if it was home but I wouldn't travel all the way up there so can't blame them.

9 minutes ago, le boss said:

So are you blaming the time of year or that you are struggling? Only been playing since August so two months is a bit quick for players to be throwing the towel in!!! With regards to your second team players not wanting to go and play with strangers - get a grip!!! Players are over 16 years old not 7 year olds. Where is their competitive edge or their backbone?

What are you going on about chief? If it concerns you that much go get your boots on! 

Competitive edge- they play in Div 2 in cornwall for a reason especially to play with their mates they are not professionals or going to get anywhere from playing local football so the words competitive edge are ridiculous.

Backbone- mate your just an absolute douche....

Back from watching the Godolphin 0- Satash 3 match ,1st Half only 1 winner and that was the wind both teams struggled to deal with it and the only chance was Richard Maddisons shot that struck the post with new goalie Mitchell well beaten .2nd half was dominated by Saltash and they played some lovely football and went in front with defender Dave Barker putting the ball in the  goal after the G goalie  had failed to push Maddisons  shot around the post instead knocked it right into the path of Barker who couldnt really miss ,2nd and 3rd goals both scored by Lee Phillips who must like playing in Newquay after scoring twice against them last Saturday doubt he would of evn of been playing if Ryan RICHARDS was available .The G where a very depleted side with striker Phil LOwry playing as centre half in defence for the G and hes mom for them and Callum O,Brien for Saltash not prettiest game to watch the right winners for total domination of the 2nd half when the G ge t all there players back they will give the top teams a harder game .Hard luck the G well done Saltash good luck in next round thought Ref had a good game in the really windy conditions

6 hours ago, Clubman said:

Launceston have floodlights. Surely a later kick off would have been possible with a little effort?

I have raised this question many times. The organisers do not realise that people work on Saturday mornings. They assume they are privileged like themselves. 2pm is a ridiculous time for a kick off.

3 hours ago, Ronaldo said:

The county fa should be ashamed of themselves for demanding thins fee!

Mousehole 3 - 2 Millbrook

Good game of football played in windy conditions. 

Mousehole better side in the first half and took a 2 goal lead into ht (against the wind) both teams reduced to 10 men in the first half. Bad tackle Millbrook and retaliation for Mousehole. 

Mousehole started the second half on the front foot. However Millbrook pulled a goal back before Mousehole restored their two goal lead. Millbrook then pushed to get back in the game and scored in the last 10 mins. They pushed and pushed for the equaliser but were denied by a fantastic save from Mousehole keeper and denied by the wood work at the death. 

Mousehole deserves winners and showed that football beats brutality every time. 

23 hours ago, wedding280991 said:

As some one who has always just read this forum but never posted...i felt the need to post on this subject. As a supporter of local football and my village team for more years than i care to remember, i am today totally embarrassed by club not fulfulling its senior cup fixture. The club had plenty of time to realise this kick off time was going to be a problem "if" players were genuinely working untill 12.30!. Am sure with contact with the CCFA and Launceston the game could of been put back an hour or two. But when i hear in our clubhouse some of the excuses as to why players were not available and then hear that the club could not afford the bus booked i pull my hair out. As proud members of the combination league and in did the South western league a few years back i am for one ashamed.