Cornwall Football Forum

Truro GWRSA Loses Appeal

Guest TruroLad

Guest TruroLad

Truro GWRSA (Railway Club) has lost its appeal to remain on its existing site after a long and hard fought battle with wainhomes.

this is a very sad day for me as that club represents 4 generations of my family and where i spent a lot of my saturdays as a child.

i hope wainhomes are proud of themselves the no good scumbags!!

As a active member of thr railway club it is a great shame, as truro truro lad has stated the club has been around for a long time and is a family orentated place, the club is active in the community and has a darts team, football team and Euchre team. As far as i can see wainhomes have done nothing for the community in truro other than take over every last bit of remaining green land and turn it into UNAFFORDABLE HOMES that the average cornish person can not afford. Shit Hot!! Thanks very much.

There are some things in life that money can not Subsidise and this is one of those situations.

Guest TruroLad

thank you steve, the football, euchre and darts team will continue for the season as the closing date of the club will be around july.

there is hope of a new club so hopefully the teams will be around for the season after.

Guest steve b

lets hope that you can fine another building soon, good luck and hope to see you soon .

we at st.blazey have fingers cross i hope that the committee are pulling all the stops out

to keep your club going for evereyone .

Guest Peppermint

Good luck Truro Lad in keeping your Club going. Living in Newquay I know what it is like with all the money grabbing Developers who buy up and hope to make huge profits but do little or nothing for the Community.

At the moment Newquay has loads of black fences around sites but no building is taking place - just an eye sore!

Surely if Wain Homes were public spirited they could have helped the Club with new premises - but I am obviously living in cloud cuckoo land and there is a pink pig going flying by outside.

Rant over - but good luck Truro Lad - keep us informed of developments.