Mousehole 3 Millbrook 2

Perranporth 10 Mevagissey 0

Polperro 5 St Minver 0

Roche 0 Wadebridge Town 3

Sticker 2 St Blazey 1

St Agnes 0 Liskeard Athletic 3

St Just v St Teath (Home walkover)

St Stephen 1 Hayle 3

St Stephens Borough v Ludgvan (Home win awarded)

Torpoint Athletic 1 St Austell 6

Carharrack 1, Porthleven 8.

I've come home after a couple of Carharrack drubbings feeling rather low but somehow I don't feel too bad about this defeat. Port might have been some players short but it was still their Pen West squad, so only shipping 8 is something of an achievement: and how many sides have failed to score against this Port team this season? (I don't know but they must have kept one or two clean sheets.).

The goals came as follows but I've no idea who scored them: 12th minute, 16 (pen) (keeper got his hands to both of those), then Carharrack had one ruled out for offside (18), 32: so 0 - 3 at half-time with Port playing down the slope wasn't bad! Then 48, 55, 74 (straight from a corner), then joy of joys, one for Carharrack on 76 (their No 7, well-taken after a MOVE, partly making up for his rash defensive play but he's learning, then 78 and 89. Oh, and Carharrack had another one disallowed for offside on 83 and, tbf, Port had one chalked off for offside as well late on.

But:

Signs of improvement in defence. Less of that rash diving in rather than jockeying, though still too much of it. At least two goals were down to defenders rashly diving in. There were other times when patient jockeying of the man on the ball led to their making mistakes, so they're climbing that learning curve!

Nice to see Anthony Reynolds for a chat, and Vidal James. Good luck to Port in the next round. I enjoyed some exciting times covering their games for Radio Cornwall in those halcyon days back along.

They may be propping up the table at football but their tea is still leader of the pack at 50p! Redruth, Wendron and St Agnes are up next.

2 hours ago, Tom Trust said:

Carharrack 1, Porthleven 8.

I've come home after a couple of Carharrack drubbings feeling rather low but somehow I don't feel too bad about this defeat. Port might have been some players short but it was still their Pen West squad, so only shipping 8 is something of an achievement: and how many sides have failed to score against this Port team this season? (I don't know but they must have kept one or two clean sheets.).

The goals came as follows but I've no idea who scored them: 12th minute, 16 (pen) (keeper got his hands to both of those), then Carharrack had one ruled out for offside (18), 32: so 0 - 3 at half-time with Port playing down the slope wasn't bad! Then 48, 55, 74 (straight from a corner), then joy of joys, one for Carharrack on 76 (their No 7, well-taken after a MOVE, partly making up for his rash defensive play but he's learning, then 78 and 89. Oh, and Carharrack had another one disallowed for offside on 83 and, tbf, Port had one chalked off for offside as well late on.

But:

Signs of improvement in defence. Less of that rash diving in rather than jockeying, though still too much of it. At least two goals were down to defenders rashly diving in. There were other times when patient jockeying of the man on the ball led to their making mistakes, so they're climbing that learning curve!

Nice to see Anthony Reynolds for a chat, and Vidal James. Good luck to Port in the next round. I enjoyed some exciting times covering their games for Radio Cornwall in those halcyon days back along.

They may be propping up the table at football but their tea is still leader of the pack at 50p! Redruth, Wendron and St Agnes are up next.

Got to agree about the tea at 50p...made my afternoon!

1 hour ago, Tom Trust said:

Got to agree about the tea at 50p...made my afternoon!

?

Good report in the game again Tom. 

We battled very hard today and felt we didn't disgrace ourselves today. It was always. Mistakes from corners cost us today other than that we defended well. I captain the side and I'm over the moon with the attitude of the team and the never give up attitude. We battled right to the end and didn't give up. With a few players to come back then a settled side the next 4 or so games are big for us and a chance to get points on the table. Porthlevern were a good side play football the right way. 

Ref had a great game.

Good luck in the next round. 

19 hours ago, Cornishfootball said:

Its the Senior Cup, cannot believe clubs fail to raise a side. Could be a genuine emergency etc but if not then it's a shame

You only have to look at the distances involved in the three walkovers to understand the main problem

Mullion to Launceston, St Teath to St Just and Ludgvan to Saltash 

Doesn't bode well for two countywide leagues next season.

59 minutes ago, Paul Collings said:

You only have to look at the distances involved in the three walkovers to understand the main problem

I don't think the FA realise we still git around by horse un cart down here, and dirt tracks to boot!

1 hour ago, Paul Collings said:

Spot on,Paul ! The senior Cup involves probably only 1 trek:however, in this new fangled set-up they will have 8 or 9 long distant journeys.

21 hours ago, Cornishfootball said:

Its the Senior Cup, cannot believe clubs fail to raise a side. Could be a genuine emergency etc but if not then it's a shame

As some one who has always just read this forum but never posted...i felt the need to post on this subject. As a supporter of local football and my village team for more years than i care to remember, i am today totally embarrassed by club not fulfulling its senior cup fixture. The club had plenty of time to realise this kick off time was going to be a problem "if" players were genuinely working untill 12.30!. Am sure with contact with the CCFA and Launceston the game could of been put back an hour or two. But when i hear in our clubhouse some of the excuses as to why players were not available and then hear that the club could not afford the bus booked i pull my hair out. As proud members of the combination league and in did the South western league a few years back i am for one ashamed.

32 minutes ago, Seagull4ever said:

As some one who has always just read this forum but never posted...i felt the need to post on this subject. As a supporter of local football and my village team for more years than i care to remember, i am today totally embarrassed by club not fulfulling its senior cup fixture. The club had plenty of time to realise this kick off time was going to be a problem "if" players were genuinely working untill 12.30!. Am sure with contact with the CCFA and Launceston the game could of been put back an hour or two. But when i hear in our clubhouse some of the excuses as to why players were not available and then hear that the club could not afford the bus booked i pull my hair out. As proud members of the combination league and in did the South western league a few years back i am for one ashamed.

Well said mate. It is a hard call to make not fulfilling a fixture because of lack of players. Football is declining  rapidly because of no players  no officials. Rumour  was Mullion  was offered an evening  fixture. Maybe best to have taken that option up if it was true. Sorry to hear teams couldn't  raise a side and i hope everyone who couldnt, bounce back next week

St Just have in the past travelled to St Teath.

St Ives have gone to Morwenstow.

Kilkhampton have made the trip to St Day. 

I don't buy the 'too far to travel' fanny. It never used to be an excuse. St Teath have travelled as far as RNAS Culdrose in 2010.

By the way what was the Perranporth v Mevagissey score?