Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Combination League Results and Senior Cup full 1st Round Results - Saturday 6th October 2018

Results for 
Saturday 6th October 2018 
Falmouth Town Reserves (Oscar Fergus-Gay 2, Gavin Perraton, Joel Allen) 4-1 West Cornwall (Mawgan Watts) 
Att- 45
Pendeen Rovers p-p Penryn Athletic 
Perranwell (Ian Bromwell 3, Will Snapes) 4-0 Porthleven Reserves 
Att- 34
St Ives Town (Max Davies 2, Joe Day) 3-2 Helston Athletic Reserves (Craig Tanner 2) 
Att- 25
Wendron United Reserves (Elliot Webb 2, Lucas Potts) 3-0 RNAS Culdrose 
Att- 15

For those that like Cup matches
Cornwall Senior Cup
1ST ROUND
BODMIN TOWN 3-1 ILLOGAN RBL
CARHARRACK 1-8 PORTHLEVEN
GODOLPHIN ATLANTIC 0-3 SALTASH UNITED
HELSTON ATHLETIC 3-2 PENZANCE
LANREATH 3-1 MORWENSTOW
LAUNCESTON H-W MULLION
LIZARD ARGYLE 0-2 WENDRON UNITED
LOOE TOWN 1-12 FALMOUTH TOWN
MOUSEHOLE 3-2 MILLBROOK
PERRANPORTH 10-0 MEVAGISSY
POLPERRO 5-0 ST MINVER
REDRUTH UNITED 2-6 ST DAY
ROCHE 0-3 WADEBRIDGE TOWN
ST AGNES 0-3 LISKEARD ATHLETIC
ST JUST H-W ST TEATH
ST SPEPHEN 1-3 HAYLE 
ST STEPHENS BOROUGH H-W LUDGVAN 
STICKER 2-1 ST BLAZEY
TORPOINT ATHLETIC 1-6 ST AUSTELL

Teams showing disrespect the the biggest cup in cornwall. 

Whats happened to days out/coach trips and p##s ups on big away days.

seems like no ambition from the team/players to test themselves againest higher league opponents and I bet if mullion or st teath was drawn at home then the games would be on. 

Cameron Irish with two ,  Kane Williams with the third ,   3-1 att 26  deserved win , some robust challenges from St Stephens  in the first half  , but the ref was on hand to award the free kicks , Hayle stood up well  and put one or two of their own in as well ,  ground a result out today Cam with two poachers goals  from defensive lapses  the only real change St, Stephens had resulted in another poachers goal with their striker getting between defender and keeper after  the keeper shouted his ball ,  up to that point Hayle soaked up most of the pressure  , the saints keeper was the busier by far and made a couple of decent saves . Pitch was in good condition , the wind didn't help , with both sides resorting to long ball  instead of bringing the ball  down and  passing on the floor , good luck to the saints for the rest of your season , look forward to the next round  , home draw against one of the top teams  would be fantastic , fingers crossed .

This sad situation of cancelled games will become more frequent as a result if the F A's hamfisted interference in league structures, loathed all over the country, but especially in Cornwall. It is not lack of ambition, but economic reality of a culture where the 9 to 5 five day working week is no longer how the majority of young people sustain themselves. No supporter wants to see their club following Ludgvan from success to possible extinction as Penzance filch their players. Not surprised players follow the.money,: in Cornwall, there's not much if it around and people who would not get into Bristol pub teams behave like Ronaldo's agent. No good being sentimental about loyalty, because it only remains in exceptional clubmen like the Curnows. The solution is for Cornwall to secede fromc the English FA. The Senior Cup ?  Oh, get real ! In every other county, the county cup is a  midweek or end of season add-on. Watched Forest Green play Cinderford in a final in front of150 a while back....putting out their under 18s and charging a pound entry. Love the Combo League, despite dodginess of fixturing and loading up if teams with ringers, again due to daft money-driven "restraint of trade" nonsense imposed by FA to defeat common sense of one player, one club. A local league where lots if friends are made in familiar fixtures, a Cornish institution. About to he destroyed vy the FA. Why ? Because their structures are basesd on the demographic conditions in cities with extensive municipal pitches, artificial surfaces, floodlights and sponsors, players and fans who can afford the swingeing fines they impose. By contrast, they will decinate rural, village football. A survey of the "grass roots" established that 82% of public opinion saw the FA negatively. When it is time for revolution, reorganisation and withokdibg of all ubdaur taxes, why do my countrymen lie down and accept this parasitic organisation  which respects only FIFA ? FIFA !!!!...don't get me started !!!

12 hours ago, Postman Pat said:

Very sad,so easy to cry off now. We went down to Pendeen earlier in the season with a bare eleven and half of those were second team players.yes we lost 12 nil but as a football club you fulfill your fixtures

Really wasn’t easy to cry off,but when you have so many players ill or away working it can’t be helped we don’t have a 2nd team to pull in from obviously I did everything as a manger to get players to play but just couldn’t happen and the worst thing about it is the fine that we will now recieve from the league  

1 hour ago, isaac rosenberg said:

This sad situation of cancelled games will become more frequent as a result if the F A's hamfisted interference in league structures, loathed all over the country, but especially in Cornwall. It is not lack of ambition, but economic reality of a culture where the 9 to 5 five day working week is no longer how the majority of young people sustain themselves. No supporter wants to see their club following Ludgvan from success to possible extinction as Penzance filch their players. Not surprised players follow the.money,: in Cornwall, there's not much if it around and people who would not get into Bristol pub teams behave like Ronaldo's agent. No good being sentimental about loyalty, because it only remains in exceptional clubmen like the Curnows. The solution is for Cornwall to secede fromc the English FA. The Senior Cup ?  Oh, get real ! In every other county, the county cup is a  midweek or end of season add-on. Watched Forest Green play Cinderford in a final in front of150 a while back....putting out their under 18s and charging a pound entry. Love the Combo League, despite dodginess of fixturing and loading up if teams with ringers, again due to daft money-driven "restraint of trade" nonsense imposed by FA to defeat common sense of one player, one club. A local league where lots if friends are made in familiar fixtures, a Cornish institution. About to he destroyed vy the FA. Why ? Because their structures are basesd on the demographic conditions in cities with extensive municipal pitches, artificial surfaces, floodlights and sponsors, players and fans who can afford the swingeing fines they impose. By contrast, they will decinate rural, village football. A survey of the "grass roots" established that 82% of public opinion saw the FA negatively. When it is time for revolution, reorganisation and withokdibg of all ubdaur taxes, why do my countrymen lie down and accept this parasitic organisation  which respects only FIFA ? FIFA !!!!...don't get me started !!!

Feeling better now (?) ....lol

On 06/10/2018 at 21:08, wazza1999 said:

Really wasn’t easy to cry off,but when you have so many players ill or away working it can’t be helped we don’t have a 2nd team to pull in from obviously I did everything as a manger to get players to play but just couldn’t happen and the worst thing about it is the fine that we will now recieve from the league  

I'm 61 but put myself forward to play when we are short. It's difficult when your side is not at the top hoping to win everything. But look at Ludgvan yes it's not ideal but they travelled with 5 and still got the game played.

On 07/10/2018 at 23:22, PzFan said:

Penzance "filched" how many of Ludgvan's players Isaac?

Sorry, my mistake, you've reformed as Mousehole Development Squad, my friends have advised. Don't suppose County Hall care that much who uses a council pitch, but will be glad to have tenants who can afford the rent. Nice to make the second round if the Senior Cup. Don't despair, one day you'll be in the hat one day with the bigger Penwith clubs. You are a microcosm of Turkey in 1914: the sick man of Penwith. That ended well. Now they're run by Erdowan..