Cornwall Football Forum

St Austell vs Bodmin

So - St Austell should be winning this with Edds, Goldy , Slates and coming taking advantage of defensive unavailability for Bodmin.

Quite confident St Austell will win but huge rumours about Bodmin signing a few - any new faces due this evening?

looking forward to seeing the line ups 

St Austell good value for the win with Harvey in the Bodmin goal making 2 excellent saves, 1 in each half to keep the score down.  St A firmly in control at 2-0 (great 2nd by Slateford!), but switched off to let Bodmin back in it (despite an excellent double save by Chapman prior to the goal). Bodmin briefly threatened 2nd half but to no avail.  Plenty of noise from both teams (and benches!) to keep the crowd of 332 interested with the Ref and his assistants always in the spotlight with no real controversy to talk about though. Hobbs started for Bodmin but badly needs minutes to regain any sort of sharpness, Colwell class as usual in midfield, Harvey decent in goal with the remainder very average. 2 front lads for St Austell busy as usual with Hart, DIngle, Reski, Slateford and particularly  DIngle efficient in midfield with Chambers and Giles solid at the back. Overall, a good evening out watching a good, competitive game. ?

Fair reflection of the game - I thought it was a top battle with St Austell edging it!! Bodmin will get better but too late - St Austell will be hoping that Bodmin can take points off challengers as the season goes on! St Austell face Argyle next week - be interesting to see if they play their under 16s against them!! Good luck to both sides going forward

Well as an impartial viewer , I thought Bodmin were unlucky not to score at least 3 goals. Chapman made 3 excellent saves.  Reski and Eddi were great to watch too. As above, thought Hobbs was off the pace big time. Not sure about Colwell at this level though . He seems very content to stay in the middle 5th of the pitch doing small passes ?  Surely he should be at a higher level ?  I think ST A were the better side overall and I enjoyed the battle. A very scrappy game which had several heated challenges flying in. A good crowd and as usual great pasties.