Cornwall Football Forum

Looe Town v Falmouth Town C.Senior Cup

14 hours ago, Brianmooreshead said:

How many times have these sides met in the past Mike ?

Twice before against Looe F C  (not sure when the became Town)

1964-65   CSC(1)   Falmouth Town  10--Looe 0

1972-73 CCC(Q/F)  Looe  1---Falmouth Town 2 (Chegwyn & Etheridge) I think that was played at the old Hay Lane ground--A good scoreline for Looe against one of the great era's in Falmouth's history.

23 hours ago, Sticker Forever said:

This one will beat the 10-0 if I was a betting man?

I've a horrible feeling you'll be proved right

23 hours ago, Mike Odgers said:

Twice before against Looe F C  (not sure when the became Town)

1964-65   CSC(1)   Falmouth Town  10--Looe 0

1972-73 CCC(Q/F)  Looe  1---Falmouth Town 2 (Chegwyn & Etheridge) I think that was played at the old Hay Lane ground--A good scoreline for Looe against one of the great era's in Falmouth's history.

It was Mike - As a 13 yo I watched it - Looe also had a very good team in those days and had some good cup runs

Have to admire the Looe Town fighting spirit. Never resorted to kicking anything that moved and they had a few lads who could play a bit but at the end of the day the gulf in standards was too great. 12-1 was at the end of the day about right. Good luck to Looe Town Football Club for the season and for what they are achieving on a shoestring. 

Yes  full credit to Looe  (who have lost all their ECPL games) for fufilling the fixture and not crying off for any reason which seems the easy way out when you know the inevitable.

Barely three free kicks for fouls all match and admiration for looking to play the ball  to feet even in defence

The Looe club seem to be going forward with a clubhouse/refreshment bar in progress on the Barbican Sports Field.

Should the CCFA now be looking at reverting to the old system of letting the higher placed league teams joining the competition at a later round.?

On 04/10/2018 at 11:52, Brianmooreshead said:

I've a horrible feeling you'll be proved right

It was Mike - As a 13 yo I watched it - Looe also had a very good team in those days and had some good cup runs

Indeed, back in the days of Geoff Quest, Mike Daniels, Nobby Clark. Good sides from a small club, I remember turning out as a 16 year old rookie keeper in an  early season E Cornwall league game down at Looe for Saltash Utd, 1966 ish - - - - picking the ball out of the net 9 times!! Hammered by a decent side!