Cornwall Football Forum

Newquay v Saltash United

Saturday 29 September 2018

v Newquay(away)

The South West Peninsula League(Premier Division)

Saltash United line-up:Ryan Rickard,Dave Barker,Caleb Summerfield,Sam Leary,Callum O'Brien,Dave Trott,Richard Maddison,Sam Farrant,Shaun Leary(Steve Sargison 68 mins), Lee Phillips(Jamie Simmonds 76 mins),Danny Lewis.

Unused subs:None.

Bookings:O'Brien(Yellow).

Result:Newquay 1 Saltash United 4  

Scorers:Phillips 2(32 & 74 mins),

Trott 2 pens(34 & 68 mins)  

Attendance:N/A

Referee:Tony Rogers.

A depleted Ashes side won this match with ease against a hard working Newquay side.The Ashes always looked dangerous going forward but it took until the 32nd minute for the deadlock to be broken.A strong run and cross from the right was met by Lee Phillips at the far post to force the ball home.Two minutes later and it was 2-0 when the impressive Richard Maddison was brought down in the penalty area.Dave Trott took the penalty and gave the home keeper no chance.There was still time for Maddison to see a shot hit the post and roll to safety before half time.

The Ashes were a bit slow getting going in the second half but when they did it looked like the goals would start to flow.With 68 minutes on the clock a strong run into the home area by Danny Lewis was stopped with him being brought down and a second penalty to the Ashes which once again Trott made no mistake with.With just over 15 minutes left one again a Maddison shot hit the post but with the ball running loose Phillips latched onto it and rifled the ball home to make it 4-0 to the Ashes.Newquay did get a goal back on 81 minutes but it was to little to late.

i dont understand what you ment Leedsunited i didnt say anyone was bad certainly not the Newquay goalie he kept the score down to 4 think he will have his work cut out on tues night against Plymouth Argyle res .How could you say it was a weekened team Leeds they had 2 regulars out Richards was suspended and dont know why Hughes didnt play and Martindale isnt a regular anyway Newquay had a lot more players out including there goalie .Saltash are a quality side and they play my team Godolphin this week in the cup and i bet Richards and Hughes will be the main strikers then

Newquay missing 6, Saltash missing 7 then by the looks of it? I was joking 100%Cornish, pulling your plonker!! As his surname was 'Dower' I was having a bit of fun! 

Think Argyle have a first team game tomorrow evening & have a lot of injuries, so you might get the Under 16's down instead. Might venture down again depending on what side they send. Newquay's only standout player Saturday was (Downing?) at the back, can see him being snapped up somewhere soon. 

21 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Newquay missing 6, Saltash missing 7 then by the looks of it? I was joking 100%Cornish, pulling your plonker!! As his surname was 'Dower' I was having a bit of fun! 

Think Argyle have a first team game tomorrow evening & have a lot of injuries, so you might get the Under 16's down instead. Might venture down again depending on what side they send. Newquay's only standout player Saturday was (Downing?) at the back, can see him being snapped up somewhere soon. 

Bodmin need some centre backed. Illegal approach Leeds, lol