Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Combination League Results - Saturday 29th September 2018

Results for 
Saturday 29th September 2018
Hayle (Cameron Irish) 1-0 Redruth United 
Att - 30
Helston Athletic Reserves (Fraser Paterson) 1-2 Mullion (Tom Bryant, Chris Blee) 
Att - 69
Illogan RBL 0-1 Penryn Athletic (Bradley Leivers)
Att - ???
Lizard Argyle (Ben Casley 2, Ryan Tonkin
) 3-0 St Agnes 
Att - 30
Pendeen Rovers (Jack Ralph, Christian Whittaker, OG) 3-0 Carharrack 
Att - 30
Porthleven Reserves p-p St Ives Town 
St Day (Gavin Boon 2, Dan Richards, Tyler Oliver) 4-2 Perranporth (Ed Wilton, Justin Searle)
Att - 117
St Just 0-2 Falmouth Town Reserves (Gavin Perraton, Ben Kellow) 
Att - 25
Wendron United Reserves (Jack Noy) 1-2 Perranwell (Adam Selley, Joe Ibbs-George) 
Att - 30

17.30 on 29-9-18
POS TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS
1 ST DAY 12 8 2 2 31 23 8 26
2 PERRANPORTH 11 8 1 2 26 12 14 25
3 PENRYN ATHLETIC 10 7 1 2 41 8 33 22
4 FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES 10 7 1 2 38 13 25 22
5 HELSTON ATHLETIC RESERVES 9 7 0 2 34 12 22 21
6 HAYLE 10 7 0 3 33 13 20 21
7 ST IVES TOWN 8 5 2 1 23 4 19 17
8 ILLOGAN RBL 10 5 1 4 28 13 15 16
9 PENDEEN ROVERS 10 5 0 5 31 17 14 15
10 MULLION 10 5 0 5 14 19 -5 15
11 LIZARD ARGYLE 10 4 1 5 25 17 8 13
12 ST JUST 9 4 1 4 23 17 6 13
13 PERRANWELL 8 4 0 4 10 10 0 12
14 WENDRON UNITED RESERVES 11 2 3 6 21 33 -12 9
15 RNAS CULDROSE 6 2 2 2 9 13 -4 8
16 ST AGNES 10 2 2 6 18 33 -15 8
17 REDRUTH UNITED 11 2 1 8 16 46 -30 7
18 WEST CORNWALL 8 1 1 6 7 36 -29 4
19 PORTHLEVEN RESERVES 10 1 0 9 18 58 -40 3
20 CARHARRACK 8 0 1 7 8 57 -49 1

2 minutes ago, Paul C said:

Some big results at the top of the table! I see Ed Wilton couldn’t help fire Perranporth to a win even with his little gift. 1-0 scoreline massively flattering Illogan today as well

11BA1A2F-B2FE-48FC-8184-A62B7FA70CA3.jpeg

Oh no comment on Tyler Oliver we’ve switched to Perran . ?Cracking 4-2 win for the Saints at home to a very average looking perran team . Well done Joff gone from a thumping at Penryn to guide your lads with wins over Falmouth & Perran two title contenders I believe ?

18 minutes ago, Paul C said:

Some big results at the top of the table! I see Ed Wilton couldn’t help fire Perranporth to a win even with his little gift. 1-0 scoreline massively flattering Illogan today as well

Great digging on the photo there Paul C, can certainly count on you to get the good goss. The forums personal newspaper ?It takes 11 players to get a result, you can’t just blame one person for not getting a win? ? St Day were by far the better side and what a cracking goal from Oliver today. So for everyone on here who likes to slate his performance every week can keep their opinions to themselves until next saturday? 

Credit to Redruth today they could have snatched a point late on if it wasn't for a good save from Danny Ford , Hayle had lots of possession  and attempts at goal but couldnt score ,  att 30 not Hayles best game this season but some of that was the way Redruth played today ,  a few silly niggles late on but a good sporting contest over all  Cameron to the rescue today but no more than he deserved for all his work  , Kane in midfield  was excellent again , and zac and Chris at the back have got a very good understanding going on . Not Hayles free flowingfootball of late but three points in the bag , att 30 good to meet postman pat again yet another volunteer who gives his everything to his club , good luck to Redruth until we meet next time , dont under estimate them they are a better side than their legue position  .

St Day 4, Perranporth 2

Cracking game, I wouldn't agree that Perran were poor: St Day battled the better and deserved their win but at times it was not neccessarily a foregone conclusion, especially at 3 - 2.

1 - 0 Gavin Boon (19), 2 - 0 Dan Richards pen (45), 2 - 1 Ed Wilton (40 seconds into the 2nd half!), 3 - 1 Tyler Oliver (55), 3 - 2 Justin Searle (77), lots of nail-biting, then 4 - 2 (gavin Boon) 90+5.

I can well believe the attendance, boosted by St Day Reserves whose match was postponed due to the lack of a Ref. Getting serious when a Combo match is without one, though. The whingers of St Ives can take some of the responsibility for the crisis (I heard little or no ref-baiting today....).

Paid £2 to get in - fleecing a pensioner! But I did get 2 cups of tea for £1 as Mark wanted a positive report.....! had a nice chat with david Searle, what a nice chap, the sort of bloke that every club needs lots of to make sure that games get played and that clubs keep alive.

Thoroughly enjoyable afternoon, sunshine, football, banter, some good goals, and a result that opens things up at the top of what is turning out to be a very good Combo season.

4 minutes ago, Tom Trust said:

St Day 4, Perranporth 2

Cracking game, I wouldn't agree that Perran were poor: St Day battled the better and deserved their win but at times it was not neccessarily a foregone conclusion, especially at 3 - 2.

1 - 0 Gavin Boon (19), 2 - 0 Dan Richards pen (45), 2 - 1 Ed Wilton (40 seconds into the 2nd half!), 3 - 1 Tyler Oliver (55), 3 - 2 Justin Searle (77), lots of nail-biting, then 4 - 2 (gavin Boon) 90+5.

Who said they were poor ? 

Wendron 1 - Perranwell 2  Another game of two halves, first half all Wendron with the line led by Jack Noy who scored with a well taken chip over the Perranwell keeper. Perran had two good first half chances, but couldn't convert them. Early in the second half Adam Selley finished off a nice Perran move to bring the scores level, then Joe Ibbs-George thundered a header against the bar from 6 yards out following a flowing attack down the right. Wendron had further chances to score, with Jack Noy going close on two occasions only to be denied by Adam Hayne in the Perran goal. Joe Ibbs-George wrapped up the points 10 minutes from time. A good match without any controversial incidents or challenges, well refereed by Jon Harris. Thank you to Wendron for your hospitality after the game and good luck for the rest of the season - most generous portions of sausage and chips in the league so far!

Illogan 0 Penryn 1

A rare chance for me to take in an away match!

Firstly, best I've ever seen Oxland park, pitch looking really good.

Illogan should should change their name to the giants, blimey....that's a big bunch of players they have there!

The game. A bit stop, start, with quite a few free kicks, although not a really physical game, but that's how the ref saw it.

Penryn not really flowing as they have been, and not playing the ball to the man in the obvious spaces quick enough to really punish the giants, but Illogan are a pretty decent team.

As chances go, Penryn missing 3 absolute sitters from a yard out each time! ....harder to miss!

That would have been a truer reflection of the game, but a cracking header, from a quality cross sealed the points for the rynners.

One point of controversy was the sending of, with the Penryn keeps getting his marching orders for a deliberate foul, well, as I  said earlier, that's how the ref saw it, so we'll take that on the chin, and move on to next week.

And I've just been told the keeper was sent of for spitting!!

That is a send off all day for me.....well done to the referee.

22 minutes ago, winston said:

Spitting!? That is disgusting and I hope it warrants more than a measly 1 game ban. 

Yet to be confirmed. Wasn’t at the game but having watched the Penryn goalkeeper for years at St Agnes and briefly Carharrack, I can’t imagine he’s a spitter! An elbow or a punch yes ? but not that. Brilliant goalkeeper when he’s on it. One of,  if not the, best in the combination. Although I also like the young Falmouth keeper. 

Good result for Penryn yesterday, along with Falmouth, Hayle and St Day, especially with Helston losing and Perranporth dropping points. 

Shaping up to be a great season early on, one of the most competitive we’ve had in a long time I’d say?!

1 hour ago, InBrendanWeTrust said:

Yet to be confirmed. Wasn’t at the game but having watched the Penryn goalkeeper for years at St Agnes and briefly Carharrack, I can’t imagine he’s a spitter! An elbow or a punch yes ? but not that. Brilliant goalkeeper when he’s on it. One of,  if not the, best in the combination. Although I also like the young Falmouth keeper. 

Good result for Penryn yesterday, along with Falmouth, Hayle and St Day, especially with Helston losing and Perranporth dropping points. 

Shaping up to be a great season early on, one of the most competitive we’ve had in a long time I’d say?!

Only repeating, what I've been told.

I thought it was for a late tackle/touch.

1 hour ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Only repeating, what I've been told.

I thought it was for a late tackle/touch.

From what I’ve heard, it was for a last man tackle. But the flag was up for offside, the referee then gave a free kick in Penryns favour (due to offside)  but also sent the keeper off for the tackle.

How strange is that? Never seen it before.

21 hours ago, Paul C said:

Instead of saying ed couldn’t win as he was giving a pair of boots, why not say St Day beat us as they wanted it more all over the pitch! They deserve more credit for the win instead of people bitching ?? Well played to st day for a great performance 

41 minutes ago, Maler10 said:

Instead of saying ed couldn’t win as he was giving a pair of boots, why not say St Day beat us as they wanted it more all over the pitch! They deserve more credit for the win instead of people bitching ?? Well played to st day for a great performance 

at least you’re admitting he was given the boots to play!

great win for the Saints  

4 hours ago, InBrendanWeTrust said:

From what I’ve heard, it was for a last man tackle. But the flag was up for offside, the referee then gave a free kick in Penryns favour (due to offside)  but also sent the keeper off for the tackle.

I believe he was given a yellow for the tackle on the illogan player who was given offside. But then decided to split at him.

Until people know the facts we should not judge. If anyone in the game spits at an opponent he should be banned for a considerable time....and I would like to think the club would come down hard on them as well.

if any of my players did that, no matter if we are short of players, I would ban them for a long time and ask them to publish an apology to the player and club involved.

on a football note, Tom Trust, yes we are getting there slowly at Carharrack, lost 3-0 but a much better performance and with me and Mark Glanville both having to play (91 years of age between us and aching today) and 2 new lads from lower Trelawny league, made it a good performance even though another loss......but Team spirit is excellent now.

Pendeen were a great team and lovely lads (except their number 9)....but NO food after game ??

senior cup next weekend.....:OUCH!!!

7 hours ago, InBrendanWeTrust said:

That exactly how I saw it.

Down to the referees report now.

14 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

That exactly how I saw it.

Down to the referees report now.

Strange thats what most people have seen but a player in the match said the keeper was booked for the foul and then spat at the player.

Like you said up to the ref report and if he did spit he should have a long ban and the club should discipline him.

6 hours ago, Maler10 said:

Exactly, Justyn! I said the same when we played Penryn and gave credit to the better side. Unfortunately there are lots of negative people who find it easy and are happiest when criticising other teams. Sadly, teams that are hoping to challenge for honours tend to come under greater scrutiny & people are almost willing them to lose, regardless of their opposition. 

4 hours ago, Fish said:

Until people know the facts we should not judge. If anyone in the game spits at an opponent he should be banned for a considerable time....and I would like to think the club would come down hard on them as well.

if any of my players did that, no matter if we are short of players, I would ban them for a long time and ask them to publish an apology to the player and club involved.

on a football note, Tom Trust, yes we are getting there slowly at Carharrack, lost 3-0 but a much better performance and with me and Mark Glanville both having to play (91 years of age between us and aching today) and 2 new lads from lower Trelawny league, made it a good performance even though another loss......but Team spirit is excellent now.

Pendeen were a great team and lovely lads (except their number 9)....but NO food after game ??

senior cup next weekend.....:OUCH!!!

can only apologise for no food it was arranged but the pub messed up sorry again and gd luck for rest of the season fish

11 hours ago, Alf said:

Strange thats what most people have seen but a player in the match said the keeper was booked for the foul and then spat at the player.

Like you said up to the ref report and if he did spit he should have a long ban and the club should discipline him.

A bit more to digest.

The referee played the advantage on the offside thinking the keeper would  collect the ball, but, it became a bit of a collision between the two players.

The Illogan boy had a bit of a roll (fake) around for half a second then decided to jump up and face off the keeper, the ref was there and the Illogan player was eventually pulled away.

That is when the alleged spitting took place.

32 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

A bit more to digest.

The referee played the advantage on the offside thinking the keeper would  collect the ball, but, it became a bit of a collision between the two players.

The Illogan boy had a bit of a roll (fake) around for half a second then decided to jump up and face off the keeper, the ref was there and the Illogan player was eventually pulled away.

That is when the alleged spitting took place.

Wouldnt say it was fake roll around...he did get clattered! Ryan Bull is a bit of unit. Worthy yellow...even if the ref had given offside.

The afters is what got him sent off.. 

1 minute ago, S Abbo said:

Wouldnt say it was fake roll around...he did get clattered! Ryan Bull is a bit of unit. Worthy yellow...even if the ref had given offside.

The afters is what got him sent off.. 

Nope, simple collision, bit of a roll, and then the red mist, jumps up, no injury, in the keepers face.

That's what I saw.

All about opinions I s'pose.

And only the refs will count.

On 29/09/2018 at 17:21, Paul C said:

New boots!!!!! The st day physio is paying a little bit more then the price of them. The lad up front 20 pound a game and 10 pound goal bonus. The boys form helston come in for 25 a game. So lets not start the gifts and money talk. Its sad to say but most top combo clubs do it. 

20 minutes ago, Battenstacker said:

New boots!!!!! The st day physio is paying a little bit more then the price of them. The lad up front 20 pound a game and 10 pound goal bonus. The boys form helston come in for 25 a game. So lets not start the gifts and money talk. Its sad to say but most top combo clubs do it. 

£40 for the lad Oliver i believe. St Day physio must be paying out a fortune every week as the 2 St Day lads up top certainly know where the goal is!!

1 hour ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Nope, simple collision, bit of a roll, and then the red mist, jumps up, no injury, in the keepers face.

That's what I saw.

All about opinions I s'pose.

And only the refs will count.

No one likes a play actor....hate people rolling around as if been shot.....in our day older we never let people know we were hurt....just waited and got our own back later.

but if.....and it is only an if....the keeper then spat at a player, it is absolutely disgusting and should be a huge ban and fine, as one of the most base level things that can be done on a football pitch!!

1 hour ago, Fish said:

but if.....and it is only an if....the keeper then spat at a player, it is absolutely disgusting and should be a huge ban and fine, as one of the most base level things that can be done on a football pitch!!

For someone that does not want to judge until the true facts emerge you’ve certainly made your point clear? but everyone else should not judge until the facts are clear . ?

1 hour ago, Paul C said:

£40 for the lad Oliver i believe. St Day physio must be paying out a fortune every week as the 2 St Day lads up top certainly know where the goal is!!

Paul C back from under your stone I see . £40 a game now . Now I’m not sure if your jealous of Tyler or the physio. ? £10 a goal as well up top bloody hell Richards & Boon must be rolling in it ?. ?