St Ann's Chapel A-A St Mawgan Reserves
St Cleer Reserves 8-1 Delabole United

SHOE BOY DUCHY LEAGUE CUP
Calstock 3-6 Nanpean Rovers
Foxhole Stars Reserves 3-1 Newmoor Rovers 

KMD DEVELOPMENTS KNOCKOUT CUP 
Grampound 2-7 Veryan

Div Four - St Cleer Reserves 8 (i think) - 1 Delabole

First Duchy game of the season for me (not feeling the love yet) and the scoreline says it all. St Cleer better in all respects but the visitors were a good bunch of lads (several older lads)  and kept at it.

It does make you wonder if at say 5 nil it wouldn't be better to call it a day and retire to the pub !

Mr Chairman went to  see North Petherwin entertain Foxhole Stars in the Premier Division and enjoyed a cracking match which was a credit to the League. It ended honours even at 2 - 2.
Petherwin took a two goal lead but Foxhole deservedly grabbed two late goals. to secure a point. Referee Richard Butter was on top form to add to the enjoyment of all concerned.

I think it will be really tight at the top  of the Premier Division this season.

Superb game of football played at north Petherwin today v foxhole the home side were the better team for the majority of the game and deserved there two goal lead but foxhole dug in using there experience and a superb strike from distance dug out a draw! It feels like two points dropped rather than a point gained today for north Petherwin! We wish foxhole all the best and look forward to the return fixture! 

After watching mostly every team in this years duchy premier league, I can honestly say it’s a race between three sides with a couple that COULD surprise us if they can put a run together throughout the winter. Torpoint, foxhole and St Mawgan look the most likely  to lift the title at the end of the season in my opinion. Torpoint are many people’s early favourites, understandable so, and yesterday they demonstrated why, they tore apart a very poor side in godolphin, who seem to have bit of a reality check in terms of duchy premier league football. I’ve watched Foxhole a couple of time this season and they have added experience to a good side, they play agreesive football and look to win games, I feel there only problem is against a younger and more mobile side I think they could struggle - other than that they’re real contenders and have had a good start to the season. St Mawgan have impressed early season, I have only managed to watch one game so far this year and that was away to boscastle. In that game they were brilliant, totally dominant and got the goals to show for that against a side who gave a good account of themselves in the duchy premier league. St Mawgan arguably play the best football in the division, and did in many people’s eyes last season too. They have a new Young manager steering the ship this season so it’ll be interesting to see if he can get them playing for the duration of the season, If so they could lift the trophy come May. 

As for the other sides, I think newlyn easy could have a say, they’re a good side and are capable of taking points from the teams above, although a very good Torpoint side passed them off the park a few weeks back. But, I do feel newlyn will finish around the top 3/4. Sticker and north petherwin will look to put pressure on the pack too, also very good teams who I look forward to watching soon. 

I can see godolphin and Gerrans struggling this season, but there’s a long way to go yet. 

2 hours ago, No I in team said:

After watching mostly every team in this years duchy premier league, I can honestly say it’s a race between three sides with a couple that COULD surprise us if they can put a run together throughout the winter. Torpoint, foxhole and St Mawgan look the most likely  to lift the title at the end of the season in my opinion. Torpoint are many people’s early favourites, understandable so, and yesterday they demonstrated why, they tore apart a very poor side in godolphin, who seem to have bit of a reality check in terms of duchy premier league football. I’ve watched Foxhole a couple of time this season and they have added experience to a good side, they play agreesive football and look to win games, I feel there only problem is against a younger and more mobile side I think they could struggle - other than that they’re real contenders and have had a good start to the season. St Mawgan have impressed early season, I have only managed to watch one game so far this year and that was away to boscastle. In that game they were brilliant, totally dominant and got the goals to show for that against a side who gave a good account of themselves in the duchy premier league. St Mawgan arguably play the best football in the division, and did in many people’s eyes last season too. They have a new Young manager steering the ship this season so it’ll be interesting to see if he can get them playing for the duration of the season, If so they could lift the trophy come May. 

As for the other sides, I think newlyn easy could have a say, they’re a good side and are capable of taking points from the teams above, although a very good Torpoint side passed them off the park a few weeks back. But, I do feel newlyn will finish around the top 3/4. Sticker and north petherwin will look to put pressure on the pack too, also very good teams who I look forward to watching soon. 

I can see godolphin and Gerrans struggling this season, but there’s a long way to go yet. 

Godolphin have won 2 out of 3 games and played league favourites yesterday they beat veryan easily how have you come up with the assumption they will struggle this year. Maybe they were missing players yesterday lol  

17 minutes ago, Paul Collings said:

bad behaviour (allegedly) - a referee's report will go to the Cornwall FA and once dealt with the League will consider the outcome.

Until all that happens, somewhere down the line,  further comment wont be helpful

Not good at any level of football, but surely not needed at the very bottom level of the game, if duchy football isnt all about recreational fun, we just as well give up. were both teams involved in the ugly scenes??

Godolphin Atlantic 2-5 Torpoint Athletic

Torpoint XI: M.Westall, T.Copp, C.Westall, J.White, S.Rosevear, L.Gibbons, S.Trethewey, T.Rowe, C.Bays, A.Parry, W.Ferguson

Subs used: B.Robbins, F.Benney, A.Brayson, A.Richardson, T.Booth

Torpoint Scorers: A.Parry (2), T.Rowe (2), S.Trethewey

Both sides entered the game with 100% records in League and Cup competitions and were keen to make a key statement to the League. Torpoint initially started the game well forcing an outstanding early stop from the G's keeper. The resulting corner was cleared to the edge of the box where L.Gibbons was dispossessed whilst attempting to cross the ball back into the area, the G's broke in numbers with 5 players involved resulting in a simple finish for their striker. With the early shock to the system the Torpoint players started to relax into their usual style of play with the midfield and defence keeping the ball well. Keeping the ball under close control found T.Copp with area to maneuver, a clipped ball found the onrushing A.Parry for his first of the game as he rounded the oncoming keeper. Torpoint's continued to press the G's defensive line with Gibbons winning the ball on the edge of the box, his shot was parried back into the area where S.Trethewey slotted finely into the net. Godolphin regained confidence in the final 10 minutes of the half but were unable to truly test the Torpoint keeper.

There's no reason why both managers would've thought the game was for the taking in the early exchanges in the second half. The G's could feel aggrieved not to have a penalty early as it looked like the ball hit the Torpoint captains arm inside the area, with the sheer number of bodies in the area, the referee was unable to give the decision. This seemed to give Torpoint the wake up call that they needed. Over the next 20/25 minutes, Torpoint played their best football of the season as they dominated the midfield affair. The ever impressive T.Rowe scored his first of the afternoon with Gibbons winning the ball in the Torpoint half and releasing the effervescent Parry who found Rowe with the time and composure to score. The Torpoint managers, D.Smith and C.Bays, soon made a flurry of changes to ensure that the entire squad had a good run out. Parry was soon rewarded with his second and Rowe capped his MotM performance with a much deserved second goal. With the game already won, the Torpoint players switched off from a late attacking corner, almost a carbon copy of their first the G's midfielder found himself (and others) free inside the Torpoint 6yrd area to score.

I can't say I agree with the statement above, Godolphin will be just fine and will pick up plenty of points this season. They were unlucky that we really found our stride in the second half. As always it's a great place to visit, the food and bar are one of the best in the league and there's such a friendly atmosphere throughout. All the best for the rest of the season and we'll see you down The Mill for the return fixture.

21 minutes ago, Taniachairmangodolphin said:

I would also like to say that Godolphin had five players out on Saturday due to players away injuries and helping out the first team

Still put in a good battle Tania, I was surprised the No.15 (Kane?) didn't start. He looked composed on the ball and caused a threat with his passing. I was also impressed with the No.10 who picked up a knock.

We had more than 5 missing tan but doesn’t matter, it was about the boys that played on the day, unfortunately some absolutely terrible defending and mistakes cost us badly and full credit to Torpoint for punishing us.  Ref missed the handball at 2-1 but that’s life, move on to next week.  Hope the boys who stayed over enjoyed their night out. 

On 30/09/2018 at 14:51, Paul Collings said:

bad behaviour (allegedly) - a referee's report will go to the Cornwall FA and once dealt with the League will consider the outcome.

Until all that happens, somewhere down the line,  further comment wont be helpful

and you wonder why the league is struggling to get refs on a Saturday . who want to be in the middle of that . 

31 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

and you wonder why the league is struggling to get refs on a Saturday . who want to be in the middle of that . 

Shame really, because a handful of "Adults" will drive more and more referees to quit. Not good for the future of grass roots. It's already in a bad state with lack of players etc.

Teams causing these scenarios should be the last ones to get a referee assigned to the game. They should be left to find someone else.