Waldon Athletic 8, Liverton United 1 

DIVISION ONE WEST 
Bere Alston United 1, Wadebridge Town 4 
Holsworthy 2, Penzance 1 
Mousehole 0, St.Blazey 1 
Plymouth Marjon 1, Dobwalls 1 
Plymstock United 1, Liskeard Athletic 5 
St Dennis 16, Ludgvan 0

Looking forward to a trip over to Mt.Wise today, see if Newquay can finally pinch a Victory, i believe they will get it today, fate they have to get a win at some point, & today I think will be the day. One my favourite grounds to watch a game.  Except for Bickland Park I would say it's a very close 2nd in being the best in the County. 

Hi Leeds so you are in my home town today hope you brought your passport lol , i think its wishful thinking you think Newquay will beat Saltash i cannot see it i think they will get hammered 4or 5 nil especially if Ryan Richards is in the Saltash team and not suspended .I will be over by the away dug out taking pictures as usual with my ferocious hound .Enjoy your time in Newquay and hope the peppermints can put on a good display

Newquay lost 4 -1 this afternoon to a fine Saltash team who where without there 2 leading strikers Ryan Richards and Sam Hughes but the players that came in where worth replacements with 1 of them LEE PHILLIPS scorting twice and Dave Trott also scoring twice both pens and having a perfectly good goal ruled out when he looked well onside .Newquay played quite well but they havnt really got anyone up front to score the goals and will continue to struggle ,Saltash played some lovely football on the ground and Danny Lewis was at the heart of all the good play the young full back is a great prospect as well Summerfield wonder if hes related to Argyle legend Kevin Summerfield .My mom for Saltash DANNY LEWIS AND FOR NEWQUAY IM GOING FOR HARRY DOWNING .God help Newquay on tues when Argyle reserves come to Mt Wise i can see a hammering im afraid Well done to Saltash for a dominating didplay and hard luck Newquay and well done to the officials and the rather plump Linesman on my side who was very knowledgable in the rules and explained them to Saltash manager Dave Bunney

19 minutes ago, Clubman said:

Any chance  of all of today's results somewhere? 

I can never understand why it takes so long to get the results up

51 minutes ago, herbie777 said:

16-0 What a crock of crap just pull out of the league and put everyone including yourselves out of this utter misery

That actually embarrassing to the league and the opposition team who I’m sure wouldn’t have enjoyed playing that fixture. Surly someone has to step in and say enough is enough 

2 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

The idea of this thread is that whatever game the readers have been at watching or involved in, they then post the result on here. Shouldn’t rely on anyone source or person.

This way we also get to hear a bit about the match.

Why do the swpl take so long - they are the administrators of the famous league ?

11 minutes ago, Outsider said:

All the results are in the first posting above, care of Mr Dave Deacon.

I think you will find Mr Phil Hiscox visits a different SWPL fixture every week. Surely he is entitled to a little time away from his office.

As usual, you are the only one moaning.

IT IS A FREE COUNTRY SO AN ENTITLEMENT TO MOAN !

46 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Newquay lost 4 -1 this afternoon to a fine Saltash team who where without there 2 leading strikers Ryan Richards and Sam Hughes but the players that came in where worth replacements with 1 of them LEE PHILLIPS scorting twice and Dave Trott also scoring twice both pens and having a perfectly good goal ruled out when he looked well onside .Newquay played quite well but they havnt really got anyone up front to score the goals and will continue to struggle ,Saltash played some lovely football on the ground and Danny Lewis was at the heart of all the good play the young full back is a great prospect as well Summerfield wonder if hes related to Argyle legend Kevin Summerfield .My mom for Saltash DANNY LEWIS AND FOR NEWQUAY IM GOING FOR HARRY DOWNING .God help Newquay on tues when Argyle reserves come to Mt Wise i can see a hammering im afraid Well done to Saltash for a dominating didplay and hard luck Newquay and well done to the officials and the rather plump Linesman on my side who was very knowledgable in the rules and explained them to Saltash manager Dave Bunney

No Hughes, Richard's, Martindale for Saltash today who looked & were comfortable all afternoon, your right 100% Cornish Downing was Newquay's best player, he didn't seem to give up, was impressed with Saltash, they could & should of possibly added a couple more goals. Newquay looking very fragile at the back, Downing lead by example, but was a on man show & couldn't do it by himself. Mt.Wise still looking good, had a good chat with the old hirachy who tell me Newquay still paying a healthy £450 a game to field a team, but the table doesn't look good for them, luckily no relegation this season or else I would fear for them & the good people involved there. 

4 minutes ago, BIG AL said:

IT IS A FREE COUNTRY SO AN ENTITLEMENT TO MOAN !

Stop being such a technofob... If you follow the SWPL website you will then see the results as they happen.. Better still twitter... I am currently in Manchester and saw all the results as they happened... However, I have come across folk like you throughout my life!! Not happy unless they are moaning!!! Bah humbug... 

23 minutes ago, Westcountry boy said:

Stop being such a technofob... If you follow the SWPL website you will then see the results as they happen.. Better still twitter... I am currently in Manchester and saw all the results as they happened... However, I have come across folk like you throughout my life!! Not happy unless they are moaning!!! Bah humbug... 

I shall moan as much as I wish until I come across something to praise. Enjoy your time in Manchester.

59 minutes ago, bighairydave said:

It’s all on their website and twitter by 5.15 normally!

Really? ?

1 hour ago, BIG AL said:

Why do the swpl take so long - they are the administrators of the famous league ?

As all the clubs who provide the results to the league are willing volunteers, I reckon they do a pretty good job considering straight after the match they’re probably doing a 101 other jobs.

todays reading on this page no wonder devon teams want a league off there own so they can progress the st dennis game should not off gone ahead thats sunday football using  iplayers why good players are sitting on benches getting top money so they win a 2 bob title and go know where i used to watch lots off local football but will not fund the teams which are spolling it unlike your Newquay/Godolphin/Sticker ect ill give them my £5

4 hours ago, herbie777 said:

16-0 What a crock of crap just pull out of the league and put everyone including yourselves out of this utter misery

5 hours ago, Mr Justice said:

Just reading that Ludgvan has turned up with 5 players at St Dennis. St Dennis have given them 3 including their Physio. Surely they can't carry on like that. 

Makes the league a complete joke if a team can turn up with 5 players then ‘borrow’ players off the team they are playing in a league that’s part of the national pyramid! Just chuck Ludvgan out, pointless dragging on the misery, despite the Cornish Village League forming next year

11 minutes ago, quiksilver said:

Makes the league a complete joke if a team can turn up with 5 players then ‘borrow’ players off the team they are playing in a league that’s part of the national pyramid! Just chuck Ludvgan out, pointless dragging on the misery, despite the Cornish Village League forming next year

Agreed. Also makes a mockery of Goals For in the league table. Not even in the darkest winter months yet. I wonder how it works borrowing other teams players in regards to player insurance etc? 

13 minutes ago, Mike Odgers said:

Good gate at Bickland today estimated 150 plus lots of youngsters.

All 9 games this season have shown over a 100 attendance compared to last seasons average of 88.

Well worth the £6 ???

A great atmosphere with the youngsters!

I thought it was funny when a shot went over and hit the trees and landed down the bank. Only for about 10 + kids running at the same time to see who could get the ball back  first. Never seen so many ball boys lol

1 hour ago, Paul said:

Mousehole 0v1 St Blazey

Yes thats right....

Mousehole 0v1 St Blazey 

Honestly!! 

What an effort from the lads. 

What a result for the bears, hearing blazeys central midfield and goalkeeper were the difference today?? Hopefully this is the start of something special for the Blazey faithful!!

5 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

That actually embarrassing to the league and the opposition team who I’m sure wouldn’t have enjoyed playing that fixture. Surly someone has to step in and say enough is enough 

It's ok for people to knock Ludgvan but they are trying really hard to  get a team out and compete , 16-0 is a pasting in any league  but the committee  have been working for weeks to try and turn things around , they don't want to give up their place in the league without a fight ,  yes it would be easy  to chuck it in and take a fine for pulling out the league ,  but that isn't what Ludgvan are about . Perhaps some players who left   need to look at themselves  , and think why they left when last season they pushed hard for the league ,  . Hope they can turn things around but cut them some slack   and hopefully whoever you support won't one day be in the same position . 

26 minutes ago, stevieb said:

It's ok for people to knock Ludgvan but they are trying really hard to  get a team out and compete , 16-0 is a pasting in any league  but the committee  have been working for weeks to try and turn things around , they don't want to give up their place in the league without a fight ,  yes it would be easy  to chuck it in and take a fine for pulling out the league ,  but that isn't what Ludgvan are about . Perhaps some players who left   need to look at themselves  , and think why they left when last season they pushed hard for the league ,  . Hope they can turn things around but cut them some slack   and hopefully whoever you support won't one day be in the same position . 

Excellent Stevie. Ludgvan is a top run football club with some brilliant hard working committee members & they worked hard to get their peninsula league status, not for them to just jack it in because it’s the easiest thing to do.

There are a awful lot of clubs in Cornish football who should be saying, there for the grace of god go I. 

Too many clubs & not enough players. 

Hi as an associate of ludgvan fc and a ex player I would wish the people on here would stop slagging this gd club off yes they struggling but wat can a club do when  they lost the entire team who finished runners up last year and every week the same people slag them off but end of the day the club has filled there league fixtures bar 1 so why don’t these people who slag them off try and help them and come down to a wonderful club.and how would u feel if they slag ur team of u won’t be happy about it 

11 hours ago, leedsunited said:

No Hughes, Richard's, Martindale for Saltash today who looked & were comfortable all afternoon, your right 100% Cornish Downing was Newquay's best player, he didn't seem to give up, was impressed with Saltash, they could & should of possibly added a couple more goals. Newquay looking very fragile at the back, Downing lead by example, but was a on man show & couldn't do it by himself. Mt.Wise still looking good, had a good chat with the old hirachy who tell me Newquay still paying a healthy £450 a game to field a team, but the table doesn't look good for them, luckily no relegation this season or else I would fear for them & the good people involved there. 

You'd know about teams looking very fragile at the back ????

7 hours ago, stevieb said:

Not necessarily knocking ludgvan, but more that in a national league system a team can turn up with 5 players and borrow players from their opponents to play the game! This will have a more beneficial effect on some teams and not others especially come end of season if league positions for promotion or FA vase qualification are decided on goal difference. 

Yes 16-0 is a pasting but it’s the fact St Dennis achieved it with their players playing for Ludgvan!

anyway, just my opinion, meant no offence by it, and it’s for the SWPL to deal with it and come up with solutions not me x 

Edited by quiksilver
Word change

9 hours ago, Dragon216 said:

What a result for the bears, hearing blazeys central midfield and goalkeeper were the difference today?? Hopefully this is the start of something special for the Blazey faithful!!

Paul and England certainly put in eye-catching performances. It'd be fair to say that if Mousehole had their shooting boots on it'd be quite a different result, but St Blazey defended doggedly and created one or two good chances of their own. Matt Hayden will be delighted with the resolve that his side showed.

The goal came from wide left, well outside the penalty area. I'm not going to say it was a mishit cross (Brad Putt hadn't quite chugged into the box to get on the end of anything) but I think Josh Harris was probably surprised at how effective his effort was...!

Mousehole are undoubtedly a very good, quick, technical side, but they lack physicality outside of their defence. They frequently go down under robust challenges, which will both win a lot of soft free kicks and frustrate their opponents, but the flip side is that when they're not given a free kick they're often out of position and vulnerable to counter attack. This is how St Blazey got in to them, and better sides than St Blazey will definitely score goals against them.

With the departure of Morgan, Johnson and Howe, St Blazey are a much weaker side than previously, but they still have some good players to build a side around. Hayden must be looking to recruit a centre half, a right winger and a centre forward to give the squad a chance at recovering this season. Hopefully he can secure them!

7 hours ago, Scotboy79 said:

Hi as an associate of ludgvan fc and a ex player I would wish the people on here would stop slagging this gd club off yes they struggling but wat can a club do when  they lost the entire team who finished runners up last year and every week the same people slag them off but end of the day the club has filled there league fixtures bar 1 so why don’t these people who slag them off try and help them and come down to a wonderful club.and how would u feel if they slag ur team of u won’t be happy about it 

Utter drivel

Yes they have filled the fixture by using the oppositions players . Surly there must be players playing in the Dutch league etc who would love a chance to play at higher level and you could at least feild a team . 

I just think it unfair on the rest of the league turning up with 5 players. Better off cancelling 

Nope, sorry scotboy, you cannot turn up with 5 players....end of.

5 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

Yes they have filled the fixture by using the oppositions players . Surly there must be players playing in the Dutch league etc who would love a chance to play at higher level and you could at least feild a team . 

I just think it unfair on the rest of the league turning up with 5 players. Better off cancelling 

Agreed. Like I said it also makes a mockery of statistics, & like I posted previous, how would it work for example being a St.Dennis player, playing for Ludgvan in regards to insurance if anyone sustained injury? Also I wonder if the relevant paperwork was completed on the day as if they only arrived with 5 players that's a lot of paperwork for the secretary to get completed to make sure the relevant players are signed to the relevant team on the day? 

11 hours ago, Mark Jones said:

Well worth the £6 ???

A great atmosphere with the youngsters!

I thought it was funny when a shot went over and hit the trees and landed down the bank. Only for about 10 + kids running at the same time to see who could get the ball back  first. Never seen so many ball boys lol

Yep great atmosphere all round mark the youngsters will hopefully come again tell their mates what a great time they had and become the supporters of the future .?