Cornwall Football Forum

THE CLUB CALL A MEETING & INVITE ALL

From the Truro City website:-

Your chance to ask any questions on October 10th...

THERE will be a meeting in the Club House at Treyew Road on Wednesday, October 10th to provide an update on various matters concerning the future of Truro City FC.
It will commence at 7.00pm and in attendance will be: Chairman, Peter Masters, Vice-Chairman, Philip Perryman, first-team manager, Leigh Robinson, and Supporters Club Chairman, Ron Ratchford.
The meeting is open to all supporters and other interested parties. This is YOUR opportunity to ask any questions on past, present and future matters concerning the club.
On the agenda will be:
• Treyew Road
• Stadium for Cornwall
• First team
• Supporters Club
• Any other business
A licensed bar will be in operation throughout the evening.

Something aint right.

Masters have had only one of these fans forum before,in his 6 years as owner.

That was when he introduced himself as the saviour of the Club.

Now after taking the Club out of the county,which see the team without a win at so-called home,and attendences falling like a lead ballon.

We have this meeting called.

Think the owners have their backs up against the wall,and did'nt expect the backlash,with the move to Torquay.

I think there will be lots of begging from the Club trying to persuade supporters to start getting behind the team,blah,blah,blah.

The new manager,will say the team needs the support ,etc,etc.

The Club took for granted the big and vocal support the team got at away games,and that too has been on the decline.

The whole club is crumbling,because of the way its being,run.

It will take a massive U turn by the owners,to try and restore some interest and passion into the Club.

I cant see that happening,but it is desperate measures in desperate times.

11 hours ago, somersetspur said:

Something aint right.

Now after taking the Club out of the county,which see the team without a win at so-called home,and attendences falling like a lead ballon.

Think the owners have their backs up against the wall,and did'nt expect the backlash,with the move to Torquay.

I think there will be lots of begging from the Club trying to persuade supporters to start getting behind the team,blah,blah,blah.

The Club took for granted the big and vocal support the team got at away games,and that too has been on the decline.

It will take a massive U turn by the owners,to try and restore some interest and passion into the Club.

Maybe the new owner will be introduced !

12 hours ago, somersetspur said:

Something aint right.

Pleased to see that you and your TISA colleagues will finally have the opportunity of facing the owners face to face and venting your strong opinions to them instead of on social media!

I must say it is very strange that Treyew Road continues to be maintained when, supposedly, the Club has been evicted.  Do you think the Lidl development has fallen through and therefore there is an outside chance of football returning?  Perhaps all will be revealed at the Forum!

On 24/09/2018 at 21:01, Dave Deacon said:

All very strange indeed. Lets hope there's a good turn out and lots of questions asked as well

I’m sure that there will be lots of questions asked, however I am very doubtful that many will be answered, at least, not in any meaningful way. Expect shed loads of platitudes as usual‼️

Oh, and SSS don’t you go expecting to catch the ringmasters eye, your enforced cloak of invisibility will leave you and the rest of the independents with aching (me next sir) arms and stilled tongues

21 minutes ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

I’m sure that there will be lots of questions asked, however I am very doubtful that many will be answered, at least, not in any meaningful way. Expect shed loads of platitudes as usual‼️

Oh, and SSS don’t you go expecting to catch the ringmasters eye, your enforced cloak of invisibility will leave you and the rest of the independents with aching (me next sir) arms and stilled tongues

Think it will all be stage managed by the main man.

His little band of follower's will all be there,asking the question's ,Masters has prepaired.

Then the questions that are'nt staged managed will get the full Masters quota of bull.

He will walk out at the end of the evening,the knight in shinning armour.

10 hours ago, somersetspur said:

Think it will all be stage managed by the main man.

His little band of follower's will all be there,asking the question's ,Masters has prepaired.

Then the questions that are'nt staged managed will get the full Masters quota of bull.

He will walk out at the end of the evening,the knight in shinning armour.

I would love to see you in charge of a National League club! You talk the talk, safe in the knowledge you won't have to walk the walk! Every decision is easy, until your the one who has to make it!

1 hour ago, Goldeneye said:

I would love to see you in charge of a National League club! You talk the talk, safe in the knowledge you won't have to walk the walk! Every decision is easy, until your the one who has to make it!

I state facts.

Please tell me what Masters has done for Truro City.

I will tell you a few.

Six years ago,Masters and Perryman saved the Club.

Since then.

Lost the Reserve team.      Lost the Ladies team.   Lost the Youth set up. Lost the Truro Community.  Failed with SilverBow. Became a Club with no home.Took the Club to another County.

Got rid of many loyal and passionate Truro stalwarts.

IMPRESSIVE  LIST.

17 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

For sure the Vase and subsequent promotions pulled people in

Supporters are still there just not able to get to games cause off work family etc now they gone to torquay / still cant see how they can have meetting at club house but cant play games on the pitch very strange indeed 

13 minutes ago, Gazer said:

Supporters are still there just not able to get to games cause off work family etc now they gone to torquay / still cant see how they can have meetting at club house but cant play games on the pitch very strange indeed 

First item on the agenda, so you only have to wait a fortnight to find out, unless of course, the answer (like most of them) is so convoluted that any answer will get lost in calculated obfuscation!

4 hours ago, Gazer said:

Overheard the supporters club chairman on coach to Torquay for Billericay game say the league do not allow clubs to use more than one ground for home games a season, so what are spurs doing, Wembley, Milton Keynes tonight?? Kind of blows that theory out of the water, unless you pay the FA combo maybe? Will look forward to this meeting and maybe finding out what’s going on?

Well hopefully all the supporters of Truro will get the answers they all deserve , a big club from Cornwalls   only city ,  , PR hasn't been good and supporters  divided  ,   looking in from the outside it is a soap opera , no ground , home games Torquay , low match support  bad press , supporters chairman against each other .  Truro fans have had some good highs but recently a lot of lows ,  and how many fans from other teams miss playing against Truro reserves , or seeing a cup final at the ground ,  cracking stadium , lots of parking ,easy to get to and a large bar area , what a waste , hope you all get what you deserve as fans and not what  a few people think the club should get , Good luck from me  .

46 minutes ago, prazeyrunner said:

Overheard the supporters club chairman on coach to Torquay for Billericay game say the league do not allow clubs to use more than one ground for home games a season, so what are spurs doing, Wembley, Milton Keynes tonight?? Kind of blows that theory out of the water, unless you pay the FA combo maybe? Will look forward to this meeting and maybe finding out what’s going on?

Yes its allright for the big clubs that are pumping a lot of money there way / yes maybe we will find out we wait and see dnt hold your breath though 

3 hours ago, prazeyrunner said:

The big clubs play a different game to a different set of rules to everyone else

Our wonderful away support on Saturday at Concord was NIL - There were 8 exiles, 3 from Bedworth, 2 from Luton, 2 from Sutton and myself from Wycombe. the main reason for this is that the club has never been interested in how the supporters get to games, those interested last week couldn't go there was no shared transport or drivers - I saw Mr Masters interview on you tube where he said Ben Geering was the only player he made money from transferring, that has been suggested many times as being £10,000, surely as that was part of club funds away travel for those in the far west could be subsidised so those interested could travel and hire the necessary transport.

On Saturday my transport and ground admission (£7 concession) cost over £50 now with the results as they are I must be mad to continue my association with Truro City that stretches back 75 years.It was difficult shouting the team on when out numbered by the home crowd 234 to 8.

I will be in Portugal when the meeting takes place, I hope it goes well and we enjoy the resulting answers.somehow I am not that convinced.

Darren, Don't worry about the beer you never sample at Treyew Road, it will be it's usual excellent quality, they always get that right.

39 minutes ago, MOUNTAINEER said:

Our wonderful away support on Saturday at Concord was NIL - There were 8 exiles, 3 from Bedworth, 2 from Luton, 2 from Sutton and myself from Wycombe. the main reason for this is that the club has never been interested in how the supporters get to games, those interested last week couldn't go there was no shared transport or drivers - I saw Mr Masters interview on you tube where he said Ben Geering was the only player he made money from transferring, that has been suggested many times as being £10,000, surely as that was part of club funds away travel for those in the far west could be subsidised so those interested could travel and hire the necessary transport.

On Saturday my transport and ground admission (£7 concession) cost over £50 now with the results as they are I must be mad to continue my association with Truro City that stretches back 75 years.It was difficult shouting the team on when out numbered by the home crowd 234 to 8.

I will be in Portugal when the meeting takes place, I hope it goes well and we enjoy the resulting answers.somehow I am not that convinced.

Darren, Don't worry about the beer you never sample at Treyew Road, it will be it's usual excellent quality, they always get that right.

Not if it’s been sitting in the pipes for that long!!!

6 hours ago, Goldeneye said:

Darren, the notice of the meeting does not mention draught beers! Will probably be chilled cans.

Yes. I would have thought so. Hence my reply of not having the first pint as if they are serving from pumps. I wouldn’t be anywhere near them!!