Cornwall Football Forum

Bodmin dismantled by Tavistock

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it was certainly shorts pulled down, pants pulled down and a very big slap on the ass for Bodmin Town. Oh how the mighty have fallen!  Gilby with his usual back-chat to Referee, but have to compliment the Referee for totally ignoring the infantile clap-chat from the Bodmin manager.

As for Bowker, best he books in at Slimming world, as he is certainly carrying a few stones more than he should be.

As for LEEDSUNITED, he was last seen jumping in the River Tavy.

18 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

Regardless of Bodmin being poor  you have to give credit to Tavistock. Some young lads there playing great football and looking like title contenders  . Anyone know why glyn hobbs wasn’t in the squad ? Injured ? Or just dropped ? 

Word at the ground was that his baby is poorly.Credit where credit is due Tavy were brilliant today,we were crap.Too slow and no idea.

Let’s take it a bit careful everyone. It’s all very well having a go face to face out on the pitch but I’m not happy also having it on here.

As far as you know Gilby has never come on here and been disrespectful to anyone.

Can I suggest that sort of thing be done when you meet each other and don’t use the forum!

To answer Quicksilver's question.... I believe that it was a combination of both. Tavistock were quicker around the pitch and that is where the game was won... Bodmin do have some quality players and the season is not won or lost in September... Long way to go in the season... But I think that Tavistock if they keep playing with this sort of tempo will be there or there abouts at the end of the season... 

A very Bad day at the office......we were very poor today....not taking anything away from Tavistock but we gifted them the game today!! But we have a great manager and we as a team need to stand up and be counted......this loss should hurt all of us players at Bodmin town....now it’s how we react to it!! 

34 minutes ago, Danny O said:

A very Bad day at the office......we were very poor today....not taking anything away from Tavistock but we gifted them the game today!! But we have a great manager and we as a team need to stand up and be counted......this loss should hurt all of us players at Bodmin town....now it’s how we react to it!! 

I have great respect for Danny O but I do have to disagree with his opinion that Bodmin gifted Tavistock the game... There was naivety on their behalf.. 4-1 down and still piling forward and therefore getting exposed to the quicker Tavistock attack... I was surprised that they were outplayed all over the pitch... But as I have previously said it is only their second defeat in the league, long way to go yet.... Tavistock won their first league title losing three games... 

Went to this game as a neutral and first time I have seen Bodmin play.

Tavy were excellent. Well organised, used the pitch well and broke at pace. Some lovely goals and movement. Was impressed with their number 11. And Prynn at number 9 is a natural finisher. Can’t see anyone catching Tavy.

Bodmin were poor except for the last 20 minutes when, to their credit, they tried to play. Was expecting them to be much better. Their chunky number 9 needs to wind his neck in and Gilbert, is that his name?, is a disgrace. The ref had a tough afternoon but should have sent both off for dissent. Also Gilbert offering to smack one of the gobby Tavy supporters behind the goal wasn’t great behaviour.

Special mention to Bodmin keeper Cory Harvey. His sidewinders were outstanding for this level of football, just a shame chunky number 9 couldn’t control any of them.

All in all an entertaining afternoon.

This forum makes me laugh, I come on here to catch up on all the local teams as a neutral observer but the amount of 'bodmin bashing' is embarrassing! Did you make a separate topic when bodmin were winning by large scoreline? No! Do you make a separate topic when bodmin are winning trophies!? No! So why the bashing when they lose....

12 minutes ago, cornishrambler said:

This forum makes me laugh, I come on here to catch up on all the local teams as a neutral observer but the amount of 'bodmin bashing' is embarrassing! Did you make a separate topic when bodmin were winning by large scoreline? No! Do you make a separate topic when bodmin are winning trophies!? No! So why the bashing when they lose....

The manager!!

9 minutes ago, Rob1978 said:

The manager!!

Darren has passion and drive to get results nothing wrong with that in my opinion still can't see the need for the constant bodmin bashing.

Why did no one make a separate topic for Falmouth losing?

What about the separate topic for Newquay losing or st austell only beating camelford 2-0 a few days after bodmin beat them 4-0 ....

It's sad to be honest

The don't have Plymouth Parkway to have a pop at anymore, so they pick on someone else. 

It is lighthearted banter, sometimes it gets a bit heated, but it's banter. 

Nothing like having a discussion about the possible rise and fall of certain clubs, state of facilities, good and bad, even the restructuring of the leagues next season which is a hot topic of debate 

1 hour ago, cornishrambler said:

Winding Leeds up 

1 hour ago, cornishrambler said:

oh dear are you Leeds Utd in disguise? if not then have a look at some of his previous posts this is called football banter my old son and it's pay back

Not laughing at Bodmin Town: it would be easy to laugh at them, I mean 7 (seven) 1 is a pretty embarrassing state of affairs, and well they used to be the big fish, so I guess that adds to the humour factor. But I refuse to be embroiled in the laughter. Bodmin's defence was on top form, and lesser clubs would have conceded 8.... and they wouldn't have scored.

Well done Bodders.... 

From what I gather on this forum, and I haven't been here long, the arrogant fans, players and management of Bodmin make their demise even sweeter to taste. The Bodmin manager is a thug disguised as a manager, he should've had a life time ban for his actions on the touchline. Their lack of attracting top players now adds to the spice as well, it's great for the neutral to see 

25 minutes ago, Elephant said:

From what I gather on this forum, and I haven't been here long, the arrogant fans, players and management of Bodmin make their demise even sweeter to taste. The Bodmin manager is a thug disguised as a manager, he should've had a life time ban for his actions on the touchline. Their lack of attracting top players now adds to the spice as well, it's great for the neutral to see 

Personally, my only thing with Bodmin was a rivalry with Buckland Athletic when Bucks and Bodmin competed for the title. Oh and Windy Miller the fat keeper that Bodmin had giving the bantzzz, but nearly crying when he got out bantered.

Now it's because young Terry hates Newquay for whatever reasons. But hey ho, such is life.

They should have taken the step up, but for whatever reason their budget only allowed them to big fish the SWPL, and wasn't quite enough for the Western League.

1 hour ago, Elephant said:

It appears the anti Bodmin feeling is purely their dominance  of the SWPL over the past 10 seasons I have seen this at Falmouth when they decided to withdraw from the Western League 1983 the SWL clubs rejected their application to their league and the club had to take over its CCL team in the Combo league

During the 10 years of SWPL football Bodmin ammassed £26,000+ SWPL prize money plus their F A competition winnings but last season they received nothing (one of only 7 clubs in the entire league).

The other top SWPL earners over the years were Plymouth Parkway £13,000+ and Buckland Athletic almost £11,000 in only 4 seasons and both these clubs have progressed up the Pyramid so this also goes against Bodmin's popularity.

1 minute ago, Mike Odgers said:

It appears the anti Bodmin feeling is purely their dominance  of the SWPL over the past 10 seasons I have seen this at Falmouth when they decided to withdraw from the Western League 1983 the SWL clubs rejected their application to their league and the club had to take over its CCL team in the Combo league

During the 10 years of SWPL football Bodmin ammassed £26,000+ SWPL prize money plus their F A competition winnings but last season they received nothing (one of only 7 clubs in the entire league).

The other top SWPL earners over the years were Plymouth Parkway £13,000+ and Buckland Athletic almost £10,000 in only 4 seasons and both these clubs have progressed up the Pyramid so this also goes against Bodmin's popularity.

That prize fund would not have paid for one season, let alone 10!