Cornwall Football Forum

Jewellery

Guest Postie Pidge

Guest Postie Pidge

Watching the Stoke City - Newcastle United game, the Stoke forward (whose name eludes me) was wearing ear studs. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't all jewellery banned during the game?

Guest Dermot

Ricardo Fuller,and they did look like ear studs so he shouldnt have had them in,unless thats where he puts his used chewing gum ? :wacko:

Big Sam would need big bloody ears if he was to store his used chewy on his,the amount he gets through in a game eh ? ;0) :thumbsup:

Guest Postie Pidge

I must admit that I wear mine sometimes and understand that if anything does happen then it will be my fault.

The thing that gets me is that clubs all the way down the system were sent directives from FIFA or UEFA regarding this and in the professional game it doesn't get picked up whereas a local junior game in a park usually would.

Guest Dermot

The cameraman did seem to zoom in on his ears a bit during the match,maybe he wanted a similar pair for his missus eh? ;0) :clapper:

I remember doing a game for Newquay Ladies a few years ago and one of the girls had just had a bar thingy inserted on her eyebrow and said she couldnt take it out,5 minutes later after a clash of heads it was out along with a good bit of blood, ouch!!! ;0/ :wacko:

Your a bit too well informed about Anitas body piercings aren`t you Pidge ? ;0) :rolleyes:

I remember a few years ago players were told not to wear any jewellery etc, then in the World cup some had enough bangles to start their own shop.

This year we played in Jersey in the SW Counties Youth Championship and the officials took so long inspecting all the players for their jewellery and boots that I nearly grew a beard while I was waiting!