St Erme          8-3            Holman SC Reserves         

DIVISION  4         

Constantine Reserves     8-0          Probus Reserves

Goonhavern Ath Res       A/W           Threemilestone Reserves

Marazion    14-1       Stithians Reserves

New Inn Titans Res      4-1         Madron

2 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Plus they lost 9-0 last week!

Yeah I saw that. The ref was meant to be a Threemilestone committee member so Goonhavern could have said they wanted an official ref & had the game rescheduled. Tms have won every game this year so maybe the goonies just decided to take a 0-0 loss.

48 minutes ago, Mr Justice said:

I'm hearing reports of Holmans vs Goonhaven being abandoned by match official due to a Goonhaven player assaulting a linesman. Just got a text so don't know any other details. Doesn't sound too good.

20 minutes ago, erby ruin said:

from the report ive heard the player in question should be banned for life for what he did

A very interesting game Holmans led 2-0 then Goonhavern 2-3 Holmans equalised & it went through to extra time with 5 mins left Goonhavern no 9 scores for 3-4 & celebrates by sliding  on his knees towards our Lino he then takes him completely off his feet & everyone is stunned by what he’s done even Goonhavern manager & players who are as shocked as us. There was no banter or abuse to our Lino that I’m aware to even warrant the action of the no 9 .That said you have to be completely mindless do it. All for the CCFA to sort now. 

Illogan 3rds 2- 1 frogpool 

Game abandoned..... 27 minutes to go

Frogpool go 1-0 up.....

Illogan players gets sent off after 30 mins... dissent or swearing in frustration... not aimed at ref.... but there you go....

Half time 

Second half we come out of the blocks and equalise after frogpool right back commits a foul in box and calls the ref a '******* joke' but gets lucky and only sin bin issued..... penalty put away 1-1..... we then hit frogpool on counter and score another through Duane Britten.... Illogan are all over frogpool.... then the incident on sideline..... 

Game could have carried on, ref was happy to carry on but frogpool players decided they didn't want to, ref had no choice to abandon the game..... could have carried on and sure we would have if score was other way round.....

Ow well..... decent bunch the frogpool boys and shame the afternoon was wasted..... wait to see what happens now in regards to the result.... dependant on league decision it could mean a lucky escape for the frogpool boys who are early contenders for league. 

13 minutes ago, Portreathlegend said:

Illogan 3rds 2- 1 frogpool 

Game abandoned..... 27 minutes to go

Frogpool go 1-0 up.....

Illogan players gets sent off after 30 mins... dissent or swearing in frustration... not aimed at ref.... but there you go....

Half time 

Second half we come out of the blocks and equalise after frogpool right back commits a foul in box and calls the ref a '******* joke' but gets lucky and only sin bin issued..... penalty put away 1-1..... we then hit frogpool on counter and score another through Duane Britten.... Illogan are all over frogpool.... then the incident on sideline..... 

Game could have carried on, ref was happy to carry on but frogpool players decided they didn't want to, ref had no choice to abandon the game..... could have carried on and sure we would have if score was other way round.....

Ow well..... decent bunch the frogpool boys and shame the afternoon was wasted..... wait to see what happens now in regards to the result.... dependant on league decision it could mean a lucky escape for the frogpool boys who are early contenders for league. 

????????

3 minutes ago, number37 said:

Surely Frogpool should lose the points if they refused to finish the game?

I’m the manager and I said to the ref we were happy to continue.

The right back didn’t commit a foul, the centre back did. And he said to the player that he dived and it was a joke, not the ref.

Dont believe everything you read on here.

Also, the result won’t stand because the game was abandoned by the ref and there wasn’t two equal halves.

9 minutes ago, Tempo said:

????????

I’m the manager and I said to the ref we were happy to continue.

The right back didn’t commit a foul, the centre back did. And he said to the player that he dived and it was a joke, not the ref.

Dont believe everything you read on here.

Also, the result won’t stand because the game was abandoned by the ref and there wasn’t two equal halves.

I won't comment any further than to say you and your assistant were very happy it was abandoned..... and all your players were too...... 

Your assistant was very vocal in saying he wanted it abandoned as soon as the incident happened and the ref was very happy to continue and would have if it wasn't for all your boys saying they wouldn't play...... 

I would have been happy too if I was being over run by 10 players.... 

More than happy to replay the game though as I reckon the result would still be Illogan 3 points..... 

Let's see what the league decide though.... 

Again I will be vocal in saying frogpool are a good bunch and shame the incident happened as it ruined a decent game,  apart from the guy who got sin binned.....???

21 minutes ago, Portreathlegend said:

I won't comment any further than to say you and your assistant were very happy it was abandoned..... and all your players were too...... 

Your assistant was very vocal in saying he wanted it abandoned as soon as the incident happened and the ref was very happy to continue and would have if it wasn't for all your boys saying they wouldn't play...... 

I would have been happy too if I was being over run by 10 players.... 

More than happy to replay the game though as I reckon the result would still be Illogan 3 points..... 

Let's see what the league decide though.... 

Again I will be vocal in saying frogpool are a good bunch and shame the incident happened as it ruined a decent game,  apart from the guy who got sin binned.....???

Fair enough. I don’t agree, and I was definitely happy to carry on and told your whole team and the ref this, so that part is definitely a lie. But it’s all good. See you twice later this season bud.

You really don't have to keep defending your decision to not carry on.... as a manager I would have done the same thing.....

1-0 up against 10 men and then finding yourself 2-1 down and being presented with a chance to void the game I would have not carried on too..... you did the right thing.... 

See you again soon, hopefully without the dramas..... was a good game up to that point. 

1 minute ago, Portreathlegend said:

You really don't have to keep defending your decision to not carry on.... as a manager I would have done the same thing.....

1-0 up against 10 men and then finding yourself 2-1 down and being presented with a chance to void the game I would have not carried on too..... you did the right thing.... 

See you again soon, hopefully without the dramas..... was a good game up to that point. 

I’m not defending it, just saying that wasn’t my decision at all in the first place so there’s nothing to defend. But anyway it’s pointless because it doesn’t matter now what’s done is done. See you later on in the season.

On 22/09/2018 at 21:29, Tempo said:

I’m not defending it, just saying that wasn’t my decision at all in the first place so there’s nothing to defend. But anyway it’s pointless because it doesn’t matter now what’s done is done. See you later on in the season.

Ref report.....

Frogpool players wouldn't continue....

Argument finished....

See you soon x 

Looking on the Cornwall FA website, the "rules" for Match Abandonment are really about the decisions of the referee. The things he must consider for abandoning a match. In the above case, it appears that Illogan are suggesting that the referee was happy for the game to continue, whilst Frogpool were not. In that case, it cannot be a match abandonment as such, it must be considered a "mass walk-off". in other words, it was not the referees decision. There is nothing I can find on the Cornwall FA about that, and what happens in such a case. So I guess the Cornish FA will take a look at the facts, and make a decision about the "result", and if the game is awarded to Illogan, or replayed. Interesting......

54 minutes ago, Mangle said:

Looking on the Cornwall FA website, the "rules" for Match Abandonment are really about the decisions of the referee. The things he must consider for abandoning a match. In the above case, it appears that Illogan are suggesting that the referee was happy for the game to continue, whilst Frogpool were not. In that case, it cannot be a match abandonment as such, it must be considered a "mass walk-off". in other words, it was not the referees decision. There is nothing I can find on the Cornwall FA about that, and what happens in such a case. So I guess the Cornish FA will take a look at the facts, and make a decision about the "result", and if the game is awarded to Illogan, or replayed. Interesting......

If it was awarded to Illogan even though it was one of their “supporters” (and a player who is signed on to them) that would be very interesting!

4 hours ago, Tempo said:

The referee made the ultimate decision, not us.

Yes, maybe, I have no idea. Just going by what Portreathlegend said, about the referee report stating Frogpool would not continue. This statement would indicate that the referee did not make the decision. He can't continue playing if only one team is on the pitch. BUT - is what was stated accurate/true?

Just now, Mangle said:

Yes, maybe, I have no idea. Just going by what Portreathlegend said, about the referee report stating Frogpool would not continue. This statement would indicate that the referee did not make the decision. He can't continue playing if only one team is on the pitch. BUT - is what was stated accurate/true?

The ref may have meant that some of our players didn’t want to continue, which is true. But if he said the game was to go ahead we would have certainly played on. And as manager I said I’m happy to carry on but that it was the referee’s decision.

To be fair I think Portreath legend was implying that the majority of the team didn’t want to carry on - we certainly didn’t stage a walk off or anything like that. Having spoken to the CCFA, a replay seems likely outcome.

22 minutes ago, Tempo said:

The ref may have meant that some of our players didn’t want to continue, which is true. But if he said the game was to go ahead we would have certainly played on. And as manager I said I’m happy to carry on but that it was the referee’s decision.

To be fair I think Portreath legend was implying that the majority of the team didn’t want to carry on - we certainly didn’t stage a walk off or anything like that. Having spoken to the CCFA, a replay seems likely outcome.

Yes it definitely wasn't a mass walk off.... but the match was stopped due to frogpool players not wanting to continue....

I think a reply would be fine.... even though we were winning with 26 mins to go and only 10 men.... after being 1-0 down until our sendimg off for dissent...I would hate to just take the 2-1 win when I feel we could definitely get a better result and better our goal difference with a full squad........ ha ha ha ha 

16 minutes ago, Portreathlegend said:

Yes it definitely wasn't a mass walk off.... but the match was stopped due to frogpool players not wanting to continue....

I think a reply would be fine.... even though we were winning with 26 mins to go and only 10 men.... after being 1-0 down until our sendimg off for dissent...I would hate to just take the 2-1 win when I feel we could definitely get a better result and better our goal difference with a full squad........ ha ha ha ha 

Looking forward to it mate!