Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Combination League Results and Table - Saturday 22nd September 2018

7 hours ago, Mr Bean said:

my angle was dif to the lines angle. I was closer than the line and I seen the contact with the ball. the illogan player taking down the perranwell player was an unavoidable collision due to the "FAIR TACKLE".

I don't see illogan moaning about the 2 potential penalty shouts I didn't give in the 1st half in favour to them. 

as I explained at half time to the tall guy num 6. the perranwell player was going to ground had his hands out to break the fall. the ball struck his arm. I could have given a penalty and you couldn't have complained and it would have been a harsh one to give against the perranwell defender.

2nd was perranwell num 18 on illogan 9 but the ball was with playing distance of num 18 as he shielded it hense for no foul. 

had I given both of these as penalties within the first 15 mins that would have likely ended the competition.

as for the illogan penalty I gave it was 3 yards in the box and I was about 5 yards max out to give it. illogan num 9 had the ball still in playing distance had both of perranwell players not slide in and taken him down he could have played the shot. if it was in the middle of the pitch id be expected to give it as a free kick.

So which one of these didn't apply to the challenge on the Perranwell player in the area?

Direct free kick

A direct free kick is awarded if a player commits any of the following offences against an opponent in a manner considered by the referee to be careless, reckless or using excessive force:

charges

jumps at

kicks or attempts to kick

pushes

strikes or attempts to strike (including head-butt)

tackles or challenges

trips or attempts to trip

If an offence involves contact it is penalised by a direct free kick or penalty kick.

Careless is when a player shows a lack of attention or consideration when making a challenge or acts without precaution. No disciplinary sanction is needed

Reckless is when a player acts with disregard to the danger to, or consequences for, an opponent and must be cautioned

The rule says nothing about whether the player got the ball or not..............

23 minutes ago, Andys said:

So which one of these didn't apply to the challenge on the Perranwell player in the area?

Direct free kick

A direct free kick is awarded if a player commits any of the following offences against an opponent in a manner considered by the referee to be careless, reckless or using excessive force:

charges

jumps at

kicks or attempts to kick

pushes

strikes or attempts to strike (including head-butt)

tackles or challenges

trips or attempts to trip

If an offence involves contact it is penalised by a direct free kick or penalty kick.

Careless is when a player shows a lack of attention or consideration when making a challenge or acts without precaution. No disciplinary sanction is needed

Reckless is when a player acts with disregard to the danger to, or consequences for, an opponent and must be cautioned

The rule says nothing about whether the player got the ball or not..............

If the challenge wins the ball first and the referee deems the contact to be fair and not careless, reckless or endangering the safety then it’s not a foul. Those are the words from above regarding tackle.

Otherwise every tackle with some contact will be a foul according to what you are insinuating!

1 hour ago, Laws of the Game said:

If the challenge wins the ball first and the referee deems the contact to be fair and not careless, reckless or endangering the safety then it’s not a foul. Those are the words from above regarding tackle.

Otherwise every tackle with some contact will be a foul according to what you are insinuating!

If the player is taken out by the force of the challenge, when does careless or reckless come into it? 3 Weeks running, identikit challenges from behind, player sent sprawling by the force of the challenge, free kick would be given anywhere else on the pitch, yet nothing. Lack of consistency in decision making is ruining matches. Have no issue when we lose to a better side, just bemoaning the lack of rub of the green.

we go again next week.

4 minutes ago, Andys said:

If the player is taken out by the force of the challenge, when does careless or reckless come into it? 3 Weeks running, identikit challenges from behind, player sent sprawling by the force of the challenge, free kick would be given anywhere else on the pitch, yet nothing. Lack of consistency in decision making is ruining matches. Have no issue when we lose to a better side, just bemoaning the lack of rub of the green.

we go again next week.

I don’t know as I was not there.

Careless and reckless is really distinguishing between a foul and a caution. Tackles will inevitably end with some contact, but if going for the ball and that was won cleanly first then can’t see too many problems.

On 23/09/2018 at 09:01, Mr Bean said:

my angle was dif to the lines angle. I was closer than the line and I seen the contact with the ball. the illogan player taking down the perranwell player was an unavoidable collision due to the "FAIR TACKLE".

I don't see illogan moaning about the 2 potential penalty shouts I didn't give in the 1st half in favour to them. 

as I explained at half time to the tall guy num 6. the perranwell player was going to ground had his hands out to break the fall. the ball struck his arm. I could have given a penalty and you couldn't have complained and it would have been a harsh one to give against the perranwell defender.

2nd was perranwell num 18 on illogan 9 but the ball was with playing distance of num 18 as he shielded it hense for no foul. 

had I given both of these as penalties within the first 15 mins that would have likely ended the competition.

as for the illogan penalty I gave it was 3 yards in the box and I was about 5 yards max out to give it. illogan num 9 had the ball still in playing distance had both of perranwell players not slide in and taken him down he could have played the shot. if it was in the middle of the pitch id be expected to give it as a free kick.

Thanks for saying bye and good luck to the Perranwell team as you left the clubhouse..... 

Maybe not!! 

On 23/09/2018 at 18:54, Andys said:

we go again next week.

But you did lose to the better side ?