Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Combination League Results and Table - Saturday 22nd September 2018

Results for
Saturday 22nd September 2018
Mullion (Jack Rutterford 2) 2-5 Hayle (Cameron Irish 2, Kane Williams, Sean Watts, Danny Ford)
Att - 20
Perranporth (Kyle Brown, Justin Searle) 2-0 Penryn Athletic 
Att - 40
Porthleven Reserves p-p West Cornwall 
RNAS Culdrose (Dylan Doyle, Carl Stephens) 2-2 Wendron United Reserves (Ben Coleman, Jack Noy) 
Att - 2
Redruth United (Dan Horler 2 Andy Bishop, Simon James) 4-1 Lizard Argyle (Ben Casley) 
Att - 20
St Day (Dan Richards, Jake Williams) 2-1 Pendeen Rovers (
Christian Whittaker) 
Att - 22

League Cup Preliminary Round 
2.30 kick-off
Helston Athletic Reserves (Jamie Thompson 2, Joe Wright, Fred Conway) 4-3 Falmouth Town Reserves (Gavin Perraton, Ben Kellow, Rhys Allen) 
Att - 30
Perranwell (James Davies) 1-2 Illogan RBL (Aaron Myers, Anton Oliver) 
Att - 40
St Agnes 0-3 St Just (Jack Willis 2, Neil Curnow)
Att - 45
St Ives Town (Max Davies 2, Danny Paynter, Josh Magin) 4-0 Carharrack 
Att - 7

POS

TEAM

PL W D L F A GD PTS
1 PERRANPORTH 10 8 1 1 24 8 16 25
2 ST DAY 11 7 2 2 27 21 6 23
3 HELSTON ATHLETIC RESERVES 8 7 0 1 33 10 23 21
4 PENRYN ATHLETIC 9 6 1 2 40 8 32 19
5 FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES 9 6 1 2 36 13 23 19
6 HAYLE 9 6 0 3 32 13 19 18
7 ST IVES TOWN 8 5 2 1 23 4 19 17
8 ILLOGAN RBL 9 5 1 3 28 12 16 16
9 ST JUST 8 4 1 3 23 15 8 13
10 PENDEEN ROVERS 9 4 0 5 28 17 11 12
11 MULLION 9 4 0 5 12 18 -6 12
12 LIZARD ARGYLE 9 3 1 5 22 17 5 10
13 PERRANWELL 7 3 0 4 8 9 -1 9
14 WENDRON UNITED RESERVES 10 2 3 5 20 31 -11 9
15 RNAS CULDROSE 6 2 2 2 9 13 -4 8
16 ST AGNES 9 2 2 5 18 30 -12 8
17 REDRUTH UNITED 10 2 1 7 16 45 -29 7
18 WEST CORNWALL 8 1 1 6 7 36 -29 4
19 PORTHLEVEN RESERVES 10 1 0 9 18 58 -40 3
20 CARHARRACK 7 0 1 6 8 54 -46 1

17 minutes ago, SM7f said:

Any games off yet ?? Anyone know how mullions pitch holds up in this ? 

It's got a slope, usually pretty good.

The dicky pitches, and no disrespect to the clubs and ground-staff in this sort of weather are Falmouth, Penryn, Carharrack, St Agnes, Helston and Porthleven.

Pendeen, St Just and Hayle seen to play in any weather conditions. The rest depends on how bad it is, 

17 minutes ago, cornishteddyboy said:

It's got a slope, usually pretty good.

The dicky pitches, and no disrespect to the clubs and ground-staff in this sort of weather are Falmouth, Penryn, Carharrack, St Agnes, Helston and Porthleven.

Pendeen, St Just and Hayle seen to play in any weather conditions. The rest depends on how bad it is, 

Sweet cheers mate I’m guessing there’s pitch inspections around 11 most places ...hayles pitch is best in the county for weather and surface is class

48 minutes ago, InBrendanWeTrust said:

Wills and Tonkin to Pendeen is very interesting, if true of course. 

Perran vs Penryn should be a cracker, shame about the conditions, wonder what new faces Perranporth will have in today! 

I think they played and scored 5 of pendeens goals last week

For those of you that may be interested, the Hayle pitch only slopes a maximum of 4 feet from end to end ( roughly 1:80) and slightly more from corner to corner. It was designed this way to maximise the land drainage. Over the years before we took it on the field was in Broccoli for much of its life. Hence tons of sand was spread over giving good drainage. The wind we can do nothing about, as the prevailing wind is South West it tends more often than not to blow across rather than up and down. The pitch laid as per FA preference North to South. All of the previous is why over the past 17 years we have had to call off 12 games two of which were for ice or snow.

42 minutes ago, Mr Bean said:

perranwell 1.2 illogan

good game played in a good manner both teams showing great respect and control on a wet and fast pitch.

I went to watch this one today and I thought Illogan were the best team in the first half and deserved to be 1-0 up half time but were very fortunate to not have a penalty awarded against them before Illogan had a very soft penalty awarded to them which they scored .

Perranwell got a goal back with a neat header but seem to lack a target man upfront .Ref decisions are sometimes not easy to get right as I witnessed today

Edited by Ronaldo
I want to delete

Perranwell 1 Illogan 2 - Tale of two penalty decisions, both wrong, one not given and should have been (no idea who Matt Lane has upset, but to get 0 out of 3 in 3 weeks is more than frustrating!), the other one was given but shouldn't have been, Illogan player already on the deck (slipped) when the Perran player slid in. Poor poor decisions spoiling an otherwise decent game, The Well can't buy the rub of the green right now.

On another matter, which wasn't in Combo today, but none the less appalling. I understand that a lino in the Holmans Goonhavern match was assaulted by a player. If this is true, the player should be banned from football, it's inexcusable.

2 minutes ago, Andys said:

Perranwell 1 Illogan 2 - Tale of two penalty decisions, both wrong, one not given and should have been (no idea who Matt Lane has upset, but to get 0 out of 3 in 3 weeks is more than frustrating!), the other one was given but shouldn't have been, Illogan player already on the deck (slipped) when the Perran player slid in. Poor poor decisions spoiling an otherwise decent game, The Well can't buy the rub of the green right now.

On another matter, which wasn't in Combo today, but none the less appalling. I understand that a lino in the Holmans Goonhavern match was assaulted by a player. If this is true, the player should be banned from football, it's inexcusable.

Okay ... lets forget the other pen illogan could of had first half...

They even themselves out eventually.. i guess.  Tricky tricky place to go...never easy. All the best. 

Just now, S Abbo said:

Okay ... lets forget the other pen illogan could of had first half...

They even themselves out eventually.. i guess.  Tricky tricky place to go...never easy. All the best. 

Agree, it could have been given on another day, but the player concerned slipped and fell on the ball in very difficult conditions and put his arm out to break his fall. I was direct in line with it, not sure what he could have done to avoid contact between his arm and the ball, not deliberate handball for me, but agree on another day it might have been given.

36 minutes ago, Andys said:

both decisions I was within 10 yards of it. 

1st perranwell pen shout. yes the illogan player took the perranwell player down however the slide was fair (side to side) and 1st contact was with the ball then the perranwell player.

2nd illogan pen. ball was within playing distance of the c.f but both perranwell def sliding in knocked him over and neither of them made any contact with the ball.

let's not ruin a good game with these kind of blame statuses. it was a good game both teams tried and played good football in hard conditions.

14 minutes ago, Mr Bean said:

both decisions I was within 10 yards of it. 

1st perranwell pen shout. yes the illogan player took the perranwell player down however the slide was fair (side to side) and 1st contact was with the ball then the perranwell player.

2nd illogan pen. ball was within playing distance of the c.f but both perranwell def sliding in knocked him over and neither of them made any contact with the ball.

let's not ruin a good game with these kind of blame statuses. it was a good game both teams tried and played good football in hard conditions.

Even the Illogan lino said it should have been a Perranwell penalty and it occurred right in front of him. On the Illogan penalty, your CF slid stretching to reach the ball and was already on the ground when the Perran defender slid in. You're right, neither Perranwell player made any contact with the ball or your player, they just all slid together because of the conditions and ended in the same place. Just to clarify, no sour grapes about the result, thought Illogan deserved it on the back of their first half performance, but poor decisions again impacted what was otherwise a good match in difficult conditions.

4 hours ago, Ieuan Gregory said:

For those of you that may be interested, the Hayle pitch only slopes a maximum of 4 feet from end to end ( roughly 1:80) and slightly more from corner to corner. It was designed this way to maximise the land drainage. Over the years before we took it on the field was in Broccoli for much of its life. Hence tons of sand was spread over giving good drainage. The wind we can do nothing about, as the prevailing wind is South West it tends more often than not to blow across rather than up and down. The pitch laid as per FA preference North to South. All of the previous is why over the past 17 years we have had to call off 12 games two of which were for ice or snow.

Congratulations  on your award Greg well deserved , wind lol if you play the ball on the floor you don't have to worry about wind , hence the name football . 12 games in 17 years  well done for all the hard work you have put in over the years ,  

6 hours ago, Andys said:

Ref Holmans v Goonhavern the player had scored a goal in the dying minutes the testosterone and elation of scoring had kicked in and he decided to take the out of the Lino of the home side by sliding towards him in his celebration and ended up misjudging it and taking him out and going through him

silly & foolish, yes of course and something neither team wanted to see and a str8 red deservedly received and match abandoned due to the action against an official......before everyone starts building gallows and gets the tar and feathers out though just to add that no punch was thrown towards John the Holmans Linesman. The player realised he had made a huge error in judgement and sought out john after the game to apologise which is admirable as not all players would have done that so a rather strange ending to 115 minutes of a full blooded cup game

Million 2 vs 5 Hayle

mullion scores first early on with header from a corner Hayle soon took control with Cameron Irish scoring an overhead kick and it got better for Hayle around 35 mins on with Sean watts scoring in bottom corner form 25 yards ....it seemed the mullion goalkeeper hadn’t played football before at some moments in the game then just before half time the most bizarre goal you will see this season the Hayle goal keeper Danny ford scored from his own area going over the mullion keeper and into the net.. the Hayle defending going into the break was very good .....second half started with mullion claiming a goal but it seem like the striker kicked it out of fords hand and after consulting the lino a free kick was given...shortly after Jamie lightfoot mullions striker had a header saved by ford which any premier league keeper would of been proud off as he sprung up in the right top corner to top round the post ...Hayle defended very well in the second Half well regimented alough the Hayle right back could of walked on another day for a few tackles after he already received a yellow ....hayles midfield  were fantastic at times with Kane Williams by far the best midfielder I’ve seen in this league ....another fantastic finish from Irish late on sealed the win for 4-1 mullion did pull another goal back with ford seeming to have made another good save but crept In which received the biggest cheer after ford and the crowd had made enemies of each other through out ....just on 90 minuets Kane Williams scored a impressive goal dipping the keeper from around 35 yards ....Hayle with a full strength squad will be right up there this season and I tip them to get better with the squad togetherness the seem to have hall the best too both teams for the season 

2 hours ago, Pitty said:

Ref Holmans v Goonhavern the player had scored a goal in the dying minutes the testosterone and elation of scoring had kicked in and he decided to take the out of the Lino of the home side by sliding towards him in his celebration and ended up misjudging it and taking him out and going through him

silly & foolish, yes of course and something neither team wanted to see and a str8 red deservedly received and match abandoned due to the action against an official......before everyone starts building gallows and gets the tar and feathers out though just to add that no punch was thrown towards John the Holmans Linesman. The player realised he had made a huge error in judgement and sought out john after the game to apologise which is admirable as not all players would have done that so a rather strange ending to 115 minutes of a full blooded cup game

From your description of events though Pitty I'm struggling to understand why the game was abandoned?

1 hour ago, St Darren said:

The words “assaults the linesman” was used on Twitter 

6 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

From your description of events though Pitty I'm struggling to understand why the game was abandoned?

His unprovoked action injured the linesman who was unable to continue Dave as he took his right knee out so that was the reason of the abandonment as the linesman is classed as a match official. Obviously all of this now in hands of CCFA so I won’t comment further on a public forum just didn’t want a player to be hung drawn and quartered on here for a silly mistake that he apologised for afterwards

6 minutes ago, Pitty said:

His unprovoked action injured the linesman who was unable to continue Dave as he took his right knee out so that was the reason of the abandonment as the linesman is classed as a match official. Obviously all of this now in hands of CCFA so I won’t comment further on a public forum just didn’t want a player to be hung drawn and quartered on here for a silly mistake that he apologised for afterwards

I agree with Neil to a certain point about not hanging him out to dry. However let’s not take away what he did intentionally or not !!

Or are we reading that every week a Lino is cleaned off his feet , oh & a chap in his 50s who now has a sore knee. Like you said Pitty as did I let the CCFA deal with it. Reference assault on Twitter is that not what that is . Appreciate not explained how he was assaulted. Great game to be involved in until this incident. Goonhavern great bunch of lads Lino & manager . Agree lad apologised & John quite happy to accept that . On yesterday’s showing neither side going to win JC so let’s hope for a sensible outcome for both teams & a reprimand for player. 

12 hours ago, Andys said:

Even the Illogan lino said it should have been a Perranwell penalty and it occurred right in front of him. On the Illogan penalty, your CF slid stretching to reach the ball and was already on the ground when the Perran defender slid in. You're right, neither Perranwell player made any contact with the ball or your player, they just all slid together because of the conditions and ended in the same place. Just to clarify, no sour grapes about the result, thought Illogan deserved it on the back of their first half performance, but poor decisions again impacted what was otherwise a good match in difficult conditions.

my angle was dif to the lines angle. I was closer than the line and I seen the contact with the ball. the illogan player taking down the perranwell player was an unavoidable collision due to the "FAIR TACKLE".

I don't see illogan moaning about the 2 potential penalty shouts I didn't give in the 1st half in favour to them. 

as I explained at half time to the tall guy num 6. the perranwell player was going to ground had his hands out to break the fall. the ball struck his arm. I could have given a penalty and you couldn't have complained and it would have been a harsh one to give against the perranwell defender.

2nd was perranwell num 18 on illogan 9 but the ball was with playing distance of num 18 as he shielded it hense for no foul. 

had I given both of these as penalties within the first 15 mins that would have likely ended the competition.

as for the illogan penalty I gave it was 3 yards in the box and I was about 5 yards max out to give it. illogan num 9 had the ball still in playing distance had both of perranwell players not slide in and taken him down he could have played the shot. if it was in the middle of the pitch id be expected to give it as a free kick.

18 minutes ago, Mr Bean said:

my angle was dif to the lines angle. I was closer than the line and I seen the contact with the ball. the illogan player taking down the perranwell player was an unavoidable collision due to the "FAIR TACKLE".

I don't see illogan moaning about the 2 potential penalty shouts I didn't give in the 1st half in favour to them. 

as I explained at half time to the tall guy num 6. the perranwell player was going to ground had his hands out to break the fall. the ball struck his arm. I could have given a penalty and you couldn't have complained and it would have been a harsh one to give against the perranwell defender.

2nd was perranwell num 18 on illogan 9 but the ball was with playing distance of num 18 as he shielded it hense for no foul. 

had I given both of these as penalties within the first 15 mins that would have likely ended the competition.

as for the illogan penalty I gave it was 3 yards in the box and I was about 5 yards max out to give it. illogan num 9 had the ball still in playing distance had both of perranwell players not slide in and taken him down he could have played the shot. if it was in the middle of the pitch id be expected to give it as a free kick.

But if they was pens why not award them if it “ends the contest” that isn’t your problem as rules are rules

18 minutes ago, bigbadbarry said:

But if they was pens why not award them if it “ends the contest” that isn’t your problem as rules are rules

40 minutes ago, Mr Bean said:

From what Mr Bean said:

1) Accidental handball- so can’t be awarded as an offence.

2) Ball was in playing distance so legally allowed to shield the ball.

Yours in Laws

Laws of the Game

16 hours ago, InBrendanWeTrust said:

Couple of lads from Godolphin so I am told, wasn’t at the game. Ginger lad Fallons and I assume Karl/KyleBrown ?

Another from Helston as well I'm told.

Some unsavoury remarks to the Penryn lino as well.

Penryn with a few chances, but not taking them, Perranporth with a couple, and taking them.

Not a good day all in all.

26 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Another from Helston as well I'm told.

Some unsavoury remarks to the Penryn lino as well.

Penryn with a few chances, but not taking them, Perranporth with a couple, and taking them.

Not a good day all in all.

If the moneys right (and I’m sure it was more than right) players are going to play for anyone. Still a believer of the idea you should only be able to sign for one club. 

1 hour ago, Laws of the Game said:

From what Mr Bean said:

1) Accidental handball- so can’t be awarded as an offence.

2) Ball was in playing distance so legally allowed to shield the ball.

Yours in Laws

Laws of the Game

Accidental Handball??? How many hand balls are deliberate? Ridiculous wording for the law. As I also believe that a deliberate handball is a cautionable offence!!

22 minutes ago, St Darren said:

Accidental Handball??? How many hand balls are deliberate? Ridiculous wording for the law. As I also believe that a deliberate handball is a cautionable offence!!

By accidental handball I mean that the hand hit the ball accidental and was unavoidable.

HANDLING THE BALL

Handling the ball involves a deliberate act of a player making contact with the ball with the hand or arm.

The following must be considered:

• the movement of the hand towards the ball (not the ball towards the hand)
  • the distance between the opponent and the ball (unexpected ball)
  • the position of the hand does not necessarily mean that there is an offence

Handling the ball is cautionable if penalised and:

• handles the ball to interfere with or stop a promising attack
  • handles the ball in an attempt to score a goal (whether or not the attempt is successful) or in an unsuccessful attempt to prevent a goal