Cornwall Football Forum

COACH TO GLOUCESTER

Well that was a long day. Gloucester   3  Parkway  1  ( Carter pen ) . An early goal for the home team 17 seconds made me think , oh no this could be a hammering . But that was not to be . We replied with a perfectly taken penalty 2 minutes after . We kept up with the Step 2 side for most of the first half which saw the scores level . Gloucester were giving a debut to a French U21 International up front. Got to admit he was lively. We had a few half chances but the home defence were solid nearly all game. We then got caught with a bit of sloppy defending to concede the second and caught on the break for the third. At 2 - 1 down Carter and Yetton combined which saw a great full stretch one handed save from the home keeper . Who knows what would have happened at 2-2 ?   My man of the  Match was Mikey Williams.

A fair result in the end , the stronger team ( expected too ) won the spoils. I feel Parkway did themselves and their supporters proud  and the Home team Manger said this did not feel like a cup tie , but a league game . That's a compliment in its self.

I experienced the Parkway party bus on the way home too . What a bunch of nuggets lmao. Non stop singing and dancing and bantering all the way home. Thanks for that lads as I still have "Sweet Caroline" going round in my head this morning .

Well,  dust ourselves down and go again Saturday.

Cmon Parkway.

Oh and they did not have any pasties grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :SM_carton: