TUESDAY 18th SEPTEMBER

PREMIER DIVISION

Cullompton Rangers     0-0          Millbrook

Launceston     1-5          Plymouth Argyle Reserves

Newquay       1-4          Tavistock

DIVISION ONE EAST

IlfracombeTown         1-2          University of Exeter

Newton Abbot Spurs    2-6          Elmore

Back from watching  Newquay vs Tavi Newquay played very well in the 1st half after Tavi had scored a early goal you thought the floodgates would open but Newquay drew level with a pen ,Newquay defended really well in the 1st half with Harry Tillson making 2 brilliant blocks from Grant and Prynn ,Tavi played some lovely football and Glynn Hobbs ,what a great player he sees a pass another player wouldnt think of making .The 2nd half Tavi went in front when Harry Downing ,was having a great game made a awful mistake and Grant put away a easy chance Hobbs then made a great run and put across a great cross which Prynn couldnt miss and finally sub Jack Crago had a free header to make it 4 after the Newquay defence just went to sleep hard luck on Newquay but Tavi are a great team and come next May i think they will be crowned champions ,Tavi goalie Josh Oak made a rilliant 1 handed save but really didnt have much to d really and my fav player Josh Robbins was at his best as usual having a fine game my man of the match is Warren Daw for Tavi and Ollie Walker for Newquay who at times had the Tavi defence chasing shadows Overall Tavi deserved there win but Newquay will get more wins if they play like they did in the 1st half but Tavi had more quality and even could afford to have Jack Crago and Tyler Elliot on the bench Well done Tavi and also to Newquay for trying to compete with a great Tavi side also thought the ref had quite a good game even if every decision he gave the Tavi management gave him so much abuse who would want to be a ref and linesman not many

Crago on the bench also, thought first 20 minutes Tavistock were slow out the blocks but after they found their motion, only ever to be one winner. Newquay gifting Tavistock a couple goals, very sloppy defending. Think at one stage Tavistock completed  58 consecutive passes then got the ball in the box from out wide for a player to blaze over the bar. I think by the groans beside the tea hut last night that Newquay's result on Saturday had saved them showing their disgruntlement, 6 points from a possible 24 in the league, not what Peppermints supporters were wanting!