Cornwall Football Forum

Newquay force sacking of Bucks manager...

After Newquay's stunning injury time winner, rumours were strong in the Buckland camp that Craig Duff was sacked immediately after the game. 

Then this was posted on their website.

"Following club discussions after todays FA Vase home defeat to Newquay AFC, Buckland Athletic Football Club have parted company with Player-Manager Craig Duff, the club would like to thank Craig for his effort and committment during his time in charge.

A further annoucement will be made in due course"

Speaking to Bucks supporters before the game, it was noted how poor the team were, with one saying Newquay will win today.

The following performance proved them correct. Despite dominating the opening half hour, once Newquay realised the Bucks had nothing up front, the more confident the Peppermints became. Buckland offered nothing up front. 

For me, who follows both clubs, I am happy with the result of the game, and the outcome of Duff being canned.

There seems to be a lot of very average players at the club and that simply has been their downfall....  I guess  it’s not just about One game, it’s about lots of average results and performances lately !!

The club need somebody like Wayne Hillson or Danny Lewis to go in and freshen things up

Good luck to Buckland, it’s been a bad year for them so far for various reasons.

A great club and fantastic people

7 minutes ago, rocky170267 said:

There seems to be a lot of very average players at the club and that simply has been their downfall....  I guess  it’s not just about One game, it’s about lots of average results and performances lately !!

The club need somebody like Wayne Hillson or Danny Lewis to go in and freshen things up

Good luck to Buckland, it’s been a bad year for them so far for various reasons.

A great club and fantastic people

Danny Lewis, is a class act. Would be great to see him back there under Castle.

Just heard the news myself, not surprised either.

Another cosy appointment or do they go for somebody similar to Steve Massey again? 

If the southern league is their next target the latter would make more sense to me, but what do I know about it.

Are there any candidates in Cornwall capable of recruiting a team good enough to win the Western League?

14 minutes ago, Keyberrygull said:

Just heard the news myself, not surprised either.

Another cosy appointment or do they go for somebody similar to Steve Massey again? 

If the southern league is their next target the latter would make more sense to me, but what do I know about it.

Are there any candidates in Cornwall capable of recruiting a team good enough to win the Western League?

I hear Gary Owers is looking for work ?

No, No, No... I wouldn’t want the club to go though what  TUFC fans have had to endure for 12 months. 

In all seriousness, a Somerset/Bristol/Cornish  based manger ought to be a consideration given the progress made by Parkway and Willand, both tapping in the pool of fit for purpose players living in Devon.

Buckland are a club with a Southern League set up and a very ambitious chairman, can see them going big in their next appointment with a proven manager from higher leagues. Peter Beadle (three consecutive promotions with Hereford is available), Lee Hodges (ex Truro and lives in the area )is also between jobs.

Ion