Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Combination League Results and Table - Saturday 15th September 2018

Results for 
Saturday 15th September 2018
Carharrack 0-9 St Ives Town (Sam Spurrier 2, Max Davies, Charlie Boon, Danny Paynter, David Booles, Josh Magin, OG 2)
Att - 18 
Hayle (Cameron Irish 3, Ben Williams, OG) 5-2 Lizard Argyle (Will Trewin, Aaron Orchard) 
Att - 31
Illogan RBL (Dave Mitchell 2, Matt Roberts, Anton Oliver) 4-0 RNAS Culdrose 
Att - 60
Pendeen Rovers (Bradley Wills 3, Henry Cozens 2, Tyler Tonkin 2) 7-0 St Agnes 
Att - 20
Penryn Athletic (Ryan Reeve 6, Jack James 2, Bradley Leivers 2, Jake Shaw, Harry Roberts, OG) 13-1 Porthleven Reserves (Zac Alexander)
Att - 42
Perranwell (Lachlan Brace) 1-2 Helston Athletic Reserves (Dan Stidwell, Jamie Thompson) 
Att - 40
St Day (Dan Richards, Gavin Boon) 2-1 Falmouth Town Reserves (Gavin Perraton) 
Att - 73
St Just (Jack Willis) 1-2 Perranporth (Justin Searle, Tom Langford) 
Att - 35
Wendron United Reserves (Elliott Webb 2, Jack Prowse, James Moseley, Ben Coleman) 5-3 Redruth United (Dan Horler 3) 
Att - 15
West Cornwall 0-3 Mullion (Jack Green, Chris Blee, Tom Bryant) 
Att - 15

15/9/18
POS TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS
1 PERRANPORTH 9 7 1 1 22 8 14 22
2 HELSTON ATHLETIC RESERVES 8 7 0 1 33 10 23 21
3 ST DAY 10 6 2 2 25 20 5 20
4 PENRYN ATHLETIC 8 6 1 1 40 6 34 19
5 FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES 9 6 1 2 36 13 23 19
6 ST IVES TOWN 8 5 2 1 23 4 19 17
7 ILLOGAN RBL 9 5 1 3 28 12 16 16
8 HAYLE 8 5 0 3 27 11 16 15
9 ST JUST 8 4 1 3 23 15 8 13
10 PENDEEN ROVERS 8 4 0 4 27 15 12 12
11 MULLION 8 4 0 4 10 13 -3 12
12 LIZARD ARGYLE 8 3 1 4 21 13 8 10
13 PERRANWELL 7 3 0 4 8 9 -1 9
14 WENDRON UNITED RESERVES 9 2 2 5 18 29 -11 8
15 ST AGNES 9 2 2 5 18 30 -12 8
16 RNAS CULDROSE 5 2 1 2 7 11 -4 7
17 WEST CORNWALL 8 1 1 6 7 36 -29 4
18 REDRUTH UNITED 9 1 1 7 12 44 -32 4
19 PORTHLEVEN RESERVES 10 1 0 9 18 58 -40 3
20 CARHARRACK 7 0 1 6 8 54 -46 1

Hayle 5-2 Lizard  , tale of two halves , Lizard went 1 up with a penalty and deserved they settled well and played some good football Hayle huffed and puffed and to many long balls played . Cameron pulled a goal back from a welltaken free kick and then doubled his tally with a penalty ht 2-1  , if Lizard made their chances into goals would have been a different score at That stage , second half  Hayle got back  to playing football Cameron got his hatrick , another was turned into the net for an own goal from a Scott date cross , quickly after this a defensive lapse cost a goal and from being comfortable some jitters crept in , Ben Williams struck late on after being set up by Cameron . 33 attended and would have seen some attractive football from both teams , good midfield battle   well reffed by Jamie Mooney in the right position to give both penalties . Lizard will catch  out several teams with their football  a good mix of youth and experience  , and strong in the challenges  . Hayle were slow in the first half but got their act together in the second half  and played much better Cameron will get the plaudits for his goals , but sean , Barbs , and Kane put in a good shift as well , look forward to the return fixture and had a good chat with the Lizard fixture secretary , lino another person behind the scences at a club  without these peop,e there would be no football clubs .

Carharrack 0, St Ives 9.

Poor old Carharrack! I think from 1 to 11 the most important bit of coaching would be:

DON'T DIVE IN!

Goals in minutes 8, 13, then a good spell spoiled by an off-target penalty on 34, then 54, 55, 59, 68, 77, 78, 87.

The reds battle on, but must accept that most of them won't find many opponents they can beat 1 on 1 so have to be man enough to accept that and pass the ball to get past opponents.

So my unanswered question from last week is that yes, teams in the Combo have to play away games in their 2nd strip. Is the Combo getting above itself? But why allow a club to choose a predominantly black strip? Often I could not pick out the referee. Is it his responsibility to have an alternative-coloured jersey?

I have to say, the attitude of the St Ives bench and too many of their players was dreadful. 4, 5, 6-nil up they still whinged and criticised everything: the ball ("it's too soft, ref!"), the pitch (so used to the bowling green perfection of theirs), if a replacement ball wasn't immediately available even when there were usually 2 spares in sight, the ref, the opposition. They kept demanding bookings or red cards (so sporting) and one case in point which angered me to the point of shouting a comment. Their 4th or 5th goal was a very well-taken goal, under pressure from a defender resulting in the scorer sustaining a nasty knock. "Book him, ref!" "How many more times, ref?" and (gravely) "this is a serious one, ref!". The guy went for the shot under a challenge and got a bang. He was helped off the field, with his team mates and bench whinging like billy-o and I called them out for their constant whinging. They weren't happy and so seriously was the striker injured that a few minutes later he made his own unaided way to the dressing room, admittedly limping. Like I said, he took a nasty knock. This used to be a man's game. The ref eventually booked a St Ives player for something he said but their No 3 got away with verbal murder, guilty of serial dissent. Another ref would have booked him and had he continued, sent him off.

They must be murder to watch when they lose! The above-mentioned conduct was whilst scoring nine goals against a struggling club, with a load of Junior football players doing their best, and I was just disgusted by their attitude. They could have played the 90 minutes without saying a word and I don't think the score would have been any different - but without leaving such a negative impression.

Tea still 50p but I had a couple of cups of chocolate for a change - the universal quid!

13 minutes ago, Tom Trust said:

Carharrack 0, St Ives 9.

Poor old Carharrack! I think from 1 to 11 the most important bit of coaching would be:

DON'T DIVE IN!

Goals in minutes 8, 13, then a good spell spoiled by an off-target penalty on 34, then 54, 55, 59, 68, 77, 78, 87.

The reds battle on, but must accept that most of them won't find many opponents they can beat 1 on 1 so have to be man enough to accept that and pass the ball to get past opponents.

So my unanswered question from last week is that yes, teams in the Combo have to play away games in their 2nd strip. Is the Combo getting above itself? But why allow a club to choose a predominantly black strip? Often I could not pick out the referee. Is it his responsibility to have an alternative-coloured jersey?

I have to say, the attitude of the St Ives bench and too many of their players was dreadful. 4, 5, 6-nil up they still whinged and criticised everything: the ball ("it's too soft, ref!"), the pitch (so used to the bowling green perfection of theirs), if a replacement ball wasn't immediately available even when there were usually 2 spares in sight, the ref, the opposition. They kept demanding bookings or red cards (so sporting) and one case in point which angered me to the point of shouting a comment. Their 4th or 5th goal was a very well-taken goal, under pressure from a defender resulting in the scorer sustaining a nasty knock. "Book him, ref!" "How many more times, ref?" and (gravely) "this is a serious one, ref!". The guy went for the shot under a challenge and got a bang. He was helped off the field, with his team mates and bench whinging like billy-o and I called them out for their constant whinging. They weren't happy and so seriously was the striker injured that a few minutes later he made his own unaided way to the dressing room, admittedly limping. Like I said, he took a nasty knock. This used to be a man's game. The ref eventually booked a St Ives player for something he said but their No 3 got away with verbal murder, guilty of serial dissent. Another ref would have booked him and had he continued, sent him off.

They must be murder to watch when they lose! The above-mentioned conduct was whilst scoring nine goals against a struggling club, with a load of Junior football players doing their best, and I was just disgusted by their attitude. They could have played the 90 minutes without saying a word and I don't think the score would have been any different - but without leaving such a negative impression.

Tea still 50p but I had a couple of cups of chocolate for a change - the universal quid!

The referee has the choice to wear a change strip if they have one and clash. But clubs still shouldn’t have predominantly black kits.

1 hour ago, bighairydave said:

The referee has the choice to wear a change strip if they have one and clash. But clubs still shouldn’t have predominantly black kits.

The standard code of rules specifically says that clubs should not have black or very dark kits.

As stated above, the referees are able to wear different coloured tops - however this is not mandated. The referee can remain in black as he/she's sees fit

I think I need to balance things up in relation to Tom trusts views....the kit st Ives wear was checked by the fa and passed as suitable, I believe perranwell have been wearing these colours for a few years without any problem...in relation to today's game , the carharrack lads put in a great effort and credit to them but there were quite a few poor mistimed tackles and some blatant dangerous ones which could quite easily have resulted in some serious injuries...the ref would have saved himself a lot of hassle if he had taken action earlier or taken any action at all!!!!!!!!! He failed to control the game which resulted in some of the whinging......I am not sure if Tom saw any of the awful tackles or just forgot to mention them in his report.....

2 hours ago, Dave Bartlam said:

The standard code of rules specifically says that clubs should not have black or very dark kits.

As stated above, the referees are able to wear different coloured tops - however this is not mandated. The referee can remain in black as he/she's sees fit

I have a green shirt but I will always wear back. 

10 hours ago, roger moore said:

I think I need to balance things up in relation to Tom trusts views....the kit st Ives wear was checked by the fa and passed as suitable, I believe perranwell have been wearing these colours for a few years without any problem...in relation to today's game , the carharrack lads put in a great effort and credit to them but there were quite a few poor mistimed tackles and some blatant dangerous ones which could quite easily have resulted in some serious injuries...the ref would have saved himself a lot of hassle if he had taken action earlier or taken any action at all!!!!!!!!! He failed to control the game which resulted in some of the whinging......I am not sure if Tom saw any of the awful tackles or just forgot to mention them in his report.....

Comments about the shirts are fair enough - but it does seem a bit bizarre. By "FA" do you mean CCFA or the FA? The latter would be totally unaware that down here, refs wear black!

As to the "awful" tackles, there were some late challenges that the ref let go on grounds of playing advantage and, yes, I thought he might have pulled some up, but I didn't see one deliberately malicious tackle. Desperate, yes: an outpaced, outskilled team of players who were junior players last season against a team who were predominantly Pen West players last season and I didn't see anything but honest effort and a complete lack of complaining that I could hear from the touchline from a side suffering yet another drubbing in a sport I thought participants were supposed to enjoy. I note Cornish Dave's comment above concerning the defeat of St Ives at Perranwell.

It will be interesting to monitor the St Ives conduct through the season. As I originally wrote, there were complaints about everything to do with the event, not just about bad tackles, which conveyed a complete lack of respect bordering on contempt by some of the St Ives outfit for their opponents and the referee. I may try to catch their games at Falmouth or Penryn and enjoy watching them get a bit of a hammering. Mind, they might win as it's a funny old game!  I look forward to my football. Falmouth v Perranporth and Falmouth v Penryn left me feeling really good as they were such excellent games. But there's still a nasty taste in my mouth from yesterday: it has depressed my whole weekend.

I watched the St Agnes 3rds v Penzance Reserves  Trelawny game yesterday. I haven't seen either St Agnes 1st or Reserves sides so I can't tell if they are wearing the same tops but their 3rd team tops were half white, half black with the join running down the middle. It was probably easier on the pitch for the players as they had a front on or back view, but for the spectator, when they were all running at Penzance it looked like there were 11 referees on the pitch, totally confusing, 11 blokes wearing black shirts.. Of course when they were running back then they looked like they were wearing all white tops apart from the referee. But sitting there depending which way St Agnes were running they were winking on and off, white then black, then back again.  I think it is an awful kit especially with black shorts. 

Wendron Res. 5 Redruth Utd 3

Game was played on pitch behind changing rooms as first team were home,which was a shame as our boys were looking forward to playing on what looked like an excellent surface.Wendron took the lead after a mix up between our centre half and goalkeeper allowed the forward to nip in between them both to score. We equalised with a great through ball inside the full back for our winger to cross and dan at the far post headed in. 5 minutes before half time from a set piece with the faintest of touches from a head Wendron again took the lead, just before half time dan was put through again and passed the ball around the keeper half time 2-2.

second half started we get a free kick dan shoots towards the goal and somehow it goes through everyone and in the goal.cannot remember how Wendron equalised.then hand ball was awarded against our fullback out wide? From the resulting free kick Wendron take the lead then in the final minute we concede a penalty end result 5-3 I must say Wendron are the tallest team we have faced this season. Thanks for the food after and good luck for the season. Congratulations to the Wendron manager easily the smartest dressed man we have faced in our time in the combo.

1 hour ago, Tom Trust said:

Comments about the shirts are fair enough - but it does seem a bit bizarre. By "FA" do you mean CCFA or the FA? The latter would be totally unaware that down here, refs wear black!

As to the "awful" tackles, there were some late challenges that the ref let go on grounds of playing advantage and, yes, I thought he might have pulled some up, but I didn't see one deliberately malicious tackle. Desperate, yes: an outpaced, outskilled team of players who were junior players last season against a team who were predominantly Pen West players last season and I didn't see anything but honest effort and a complete lack of complaining that I could hear from the touchline from a side suffering yet another drubbing in a sport I thought participants were supposed to enjoy. I note Cornish Dave's comment above concerning the defeat of St Ives at Perranwell.

It will be interesting to monitor the St Ives conduct through the season. As I originally wrote, there were complaints about everything to do with the event, not just about bad tackles, which conveyed a complete lack of respect bordering on contempt by some of the St Ives outfit for their opponents and the referee. I may try to catch their games at Falmouth or Penryn and enjoy watching them get a bit of a hammering. Mind, they might win as it's a funny old game!  I look forward to my football. Falmouth v Perranporth and Falmouth v Penryn left me feeling really good as they were such excellent games. But there's still a nasty taste in my mouth from yesterday: it has depressed my whole weekend.

Tom

I think that's a fair review on the game. Thought after going 2 down we battled back and kept going and should have scored a penalty then a few good balls in the box could have changed things before half time. Saying that take nothing away from St Ives cracking team with some real quality. But after 60 mins we struggled legs had gone and we struggled to match st Ives in every department. But the young lads we had gave all they had and kept going so credit to them. 

Regarding the ref. I thought he had a decent game. Yes he could have gave bookings to both teams but he wanted to manage the game and talk to players which he did. The way the st Ives players spoke down to him and I quote one comment you can't count ref between the 2 of you. Along with many others with swearing involved he done well to not book people for it. Many tackles went in where there must have been a sniper in the crowd as they went down like they were shot and then surrounding the ref asking for people to be booked and telling him he's a joke. This is why refs are so short in Cornwall now. 

Hope the injury to there striker isn't serious scored a cracking goal to get a knock at the same time looked painful. Hope you a fast recovery. Thought st Ives were the best tram we had played so far moved the ball well and used there strengths.

Carharrack will keep fighting.

Perranwell 1 Helston2 - A great advert for Combo football, Helston edged the first half with some neat one touch football, only matched by The Well's dogged closing down. Helston took the lead with a well taken individual goal from Dan Stidwell, cutting in from the right to slot home a tidy finish; 0-1 at half time. 

Second half started brightly for the Well, only to get caught on the counter attack by some slick interplay with Stidwell turning provider this time, having switched to the left wing. At 0-2 down, the Well finally woke up and for the remaining 40 minutes of the half, they laid siege to the Helston goal, hitting the post twice, the bar once, with Helston clearing two efforts off the line.  The only controversial moment of the match came 20 minutes from time with Matt Lane breaking clear on the right for the Well, only to be cleaned out by the Helston keeper with the ball nowhere close, a penalty must surely have followed, but somehow the Ref decided otherwise;  his only baffling decision on an afternoon when he was being assessed, even the Helston players were amazed it wasn't given. Perranwell finally broke through with a good finish from Lachlan Brace with 15 minutes to go and despite further corners and goal mouth scrambles, The Well just couldn't find the net again. That really summed up our afternoon, it was one of those days where Helston enjoyed the rub of the green.

Couple of the Helston boys picked up nasty looking injuries and we hope they are back playing soon. Must also thank Helston for helping to support our campaign to stamp out bad language next to the children's play areas, there was a real effort made by the Ref and players from both sides which is much appreciated ?.

We go again next week.

6 hours ago, Postman Pat said:

Wendron Res. 5 Redruth Utd 3

Game was played on pitch behind changing rooms as first team were home,which was a shame as our boys were looking forward to playing on what looked like an excellent surface.Wendron took the lead after a mix up between our centre half and goalkeeper allowed the forward to nip in between them both to score. We equalised with a great through ball inside the full back for our winger to cross and dan at the far post headed in. 5 minutes before half time from a set piece with the faintest of touches from a head Wendron again took the lead, just before half time dan was put through again and passed the ball around the keeper half time 2-2.

second half started we get a free kick dan shoots towards the goal and somehow it goes through everyone and in the goal.cannot remember how Wendron equalised.then hand ball was awarded against our fullback out wide? From the resulting free kick Wendron take the lead then in the final minute we concede a penalty end result 5-3 I must say Wendron are the tallest team we have faced this season. Thanks for the food after and good luck for the season. Congratulations to the Wendron manager easily the smartest dressed man we have faced in our time in the combo.

It was just a shame he had come straight from a funeral! 

Shame we were on the back yesterday, mix up with the fixturing perhaps?

Still, the pitch was in good condition and both teams were able to play some good football on it. 

Yes, fortunate to have three trees at the back who try to play football - and all three scored yesterday. 

Best of luck for the rest of the season - good bunch of boys. 

Josh - manager (not the one in the suit)

9 hours ago, cornishteddyboy said:

I watched the St Agnes 3rds v Penzance Reserves  Trelawny game yesterday. I haven't seen either St Agnes 1st or Reserves sides so I can't tell if they are wearing the same tops but their 3rd team tops were half white, half black with the join running down the middle. It was probably easier on the pitch for the players as they had a front on or back view, but for the spectator, when they were all running at Penzance it looked like there were 11 referees on the pitch, totally confusing, 11 blokes wearing black shirts.. Of course when they were running back then they looked like they were wearing all white tops apart from the referee. But sitting there depending which way St Agnes were running they were winking on and off, white then black, then back again.  I think it is an awful kit especially with black shorts. 

We’ve had that kit for 3 seasons . It’s no different then black and white strips . Just take it you lost don’t blame the kit, no ref or other team has moaned abt it b4 . You sound like a bad workmen blaming his tools 

2 hours ago, WendronOfficial said:

It was just a shame he had come straight from a funeral! 

Shame we were on the back yesterday, mix up with the fixturing perhaps?

Still, the pitch was in good condition and both teams were able to play some good football on it. 

Yes, fortunate to have three trees at the back who try to play football - and all three scored yesterday. 

Best of luck for the rest of the season - good bunch of boys. 

Josh - manager (not the one in the suit)

Has the other pitch passed ground grading  for combo football??

On 15/09/2018 at 20:25, Tom Trust said:

So my unanswered question from last week is that yes, teams in the Combo have to play away games in their 2nd strip. Is the Combo getting above itself? 

I don't know where that information came from Tom but there is no such rule in the Combo League. Away Clubs only have to change to alternative colours if there's a clash with the home Club!

4 hours ago, Paul C said:

Nice to see St Day back to winning ways. Oliver had decent game, but then again you would hope so being on the money that he is. Could they be back in the race for the title? Penryn still favourites for me.

Nice little pay packet for his birthday ?? Surely players in the club aren’t happy about the amount paid to some, compared to others... 

4 hours ago, Paul C said:

Nice to see St Day back to winning ways. Oliver had decent game, but then again you would hope so being on the money that he is. Could they be back in the race for the title? Penryn still favourites for me.

Your comments are getting boring now. Everyone is fed up with money talk. Let's just talk about games and report on how good and bad they were.

6 hours ago, Paul C said:

It’s certainly great to see St Day winning again. No more than they deserve ? I could ask if Penryn have any part time bar/ground jobs for you, may give you something to do on a week night other than complain about clubs and their players ? 

17 hours ago, Paul C said:

Paul C seems to me you have some soft spot for Tyler Oliver you don’t stop ranting about him . ?? let me settle your moaning seeing as I quite often took him to & from matches Last season & this .

Tyler was paid by Helston shhhhhhhhh don’t tell anyone else mind that’s between me & you , now also because in his opinion he was promised on numerous occasions to play certain games for Helston only right at the last minute to be let down & told something different ?hence his decision after a good 18 months was to play regular football for 90 mins or so every week . Having previously played last season for St Day it was a no brainer to return there as I’m sure he has many friends & St Day clearly love him. So just to reiterate on the money front , Football first , money a clear second otherwise Tyler would of stayed picking up a decent amount at Helston & I know how much but that’s not for you. I look forward to your reply ?Hopefully done and dusted . Gone fishing ? 

12 hours ago, MARKSY said:

Paul C seems to me you have some soft spot for Tyler Oliver you don’t stop ranting about him . ?? let me settle your moaning seeing as I quite often took him to & from matches Last season & this .

Tyler was paid by Helston shhhhhhhhh don’t tell anyone else mind that’s between me & you , now also because in his opinion he was promised on numerous occasions to play certain games for Helston only right at the last minute to be let down & told something different ?hence his decision after a good 18 months was to play regular football for 90 mins or so every week . Having previously played last season for St Day it was a no brainer to return there as I’m sure he has many friends & St Day clearly love him. So just to reiterate on the money front , Football first , money a clear second otherwise Tyler would of stayed picking up a decent amount at Helston & I know how much but that’s not for you. I look forward to your reply ?Hopefully done and dusted . Gone fishing ? 

new boat Dave ?? ?