KMD DEVELOPMENTS KNOCKOUT CUP (2.00PM)
Altarnun    10-4    St Columb Major
Boscastle    3-1    St Cleer
Foxhole Stars    4-0    Gorran
Gerrans & St Mawes    1-2    AFC Bodmin
Gunnislake    1-3    Tintagel
Holywell And Cubert    P-P    Queens Rangers
Lanivet Inn    2-1    Tregrehan Mills     
Lostwithiel FC    3-2    North Petherwin        (aet)    
Pelynt        1-2    Godolphin Atlantic Reserves
St Breward    1-1    Sticker Reserves     (4-3 on pens)
St Dennis Reserves    1-0    Saltash United 3rd Team
St Merryn    2-8    St Mawgan
Stoke Climsland    11-0    North Hill
Torpoint Athletic 3rds    2-1    St Dominick Reserves

SHOE BOY DUCHY LEAGUE CUP
Liskeard Ath Thirds    3-2    Bude Town Reserves
North Petherwin Res    2-3    Boscastle Reserves
Southgate Seniors    11-1    St Mawgan Reserves
St Ann's Chapel        0-7    Polperro Reserves         
St Cleer Reserves    1-5    St Stephen Reserves 
St Eval Spitfires        P-P    Lifton 2nds

Some potentially great ties in the KO Cup, Lostwithiel FC  v  North Petherwin would be my pick of the ties. After playing Stoke Climsland pre-season, I believe that they can go on a real run in this competition whilst pushing for promotion. Foxhole have to be looking at another strong run after last years success and their strong start to the season. Early favorites?

20 hours ago, L.Gibbons said:

Godolphin have started the season on fire!! Fantastic addition to the Prem with their facilities. Must be able to draw in some great players, looking forward to our visit on the 29th. Their 1st Rnd trip to Pelynt will be a tester.

Can't imagine Pelynt being a struggle when they turned over Veryan 7-2 whilst missing 6 of their regular starters

Torpoint have to look at a trophy this season after coming so close to a couple last season and now rivals St Stephen have moved up to East Cornwall.

3 hours ago, Jimmer06 said:

Can't imagine Pelynt being a struggle when they turned over Veryan 7-2 whilst missing 6 of their regular starters

Torpoint have to look at a trophy this season after coming so close to a couple last season and now rivals St Stephen have moved up to East Cornwall.

I've always found that Pelynt up their game against stronger opposition. Sure Godolphin will have enough to progress.

Anything other than a trophy for Torpoint would be considered a poor season. Runners-up in League and Cup competitions is never the aim at the start of the season. Our issue is at times we can be crippled by our own successes as we always look to push players onto our Senior sides.

St Dennis 1 v saltash 0

Great to get our 1st win of the season,cud of been more goals but a wins a win nevertheless,a couple of hard games to start our season with new players n management has been an eye opener but the effort n spirit from the lads has been superb n this win was deserved, saltash played well but a little unlucky today in front of goal,good luck to saltash for their season n well done to our lads for today fantastic effort,no complaints about the ref played wot he seen n stuck to it his decisions

On 14/09/2018 at 08:51, Jimmer06 said:

Played point last week,well organised n superb on the ball,will take a lot to stop them jimmer

Torpoint Athletic 2-1 St Dominick

Torpoint XI: M.Westall, C.Westall, D.Rogers, J.White, S.Rosevear, L.Gibbons, B.West, A.Brayson, F.Benney, B.Robbins, W.Ferguson

Subs used: T.Rowe, T.Copp, A.Parry.

Starting the game, a strong St Dominick side immediately started on the front foot. Their No.6, who was arguably the best player on the pitch, quickly dictated the tempo of the game by picking the ball up in dangerous areas of the pitch. Torpoint, for the first 35 mins, really weren't at the races and were struggling to play their usual game. St Dominick soon found the lead with a quick switch of play to the left hand side, the striker beat his man inside the box sliding it across to 2 on rushing team-mates. The chances didn't stop here for the visitors as the referee made a very strange decision by awarding an advantage inside the box for an apparent foul to only state that it wasn't a foul when the play broke down. Towards the end of the half Torpoint did find some joy in the channels but the cut back ball couldn't find  the on rushing Torpoint midfielders. Torpoint's best chance of the half fell inside the box to S.Rosevear who's shot was blocked on the line. The half came to an end with a foul, inside the box, by the Dominick keeper on W.Ferguson. The referee gave a free kick 2yrds outside the box to the amazement of the Torpoint players, even more so when the free kick came to nothing.

After the HT interval, Torpoint started to settle more into the game with the impressive A.Brayson controlling more of the game in the middle. Torpoint were caught trying to force the play through to W.Ferguson without any real success. Torpoint soon found the net with a throw from C.Westall, flicked on by L.Gibbons, with the Dominick defender catching the final touch into his own net. The Dominick players still carved chances, with their No.11 stretching the Torpoint defence. M.Westall was called into action more than once to keep the score at 1-1 and if it wasn't for the superb play of J.White then Dominick could've had more clear opportunities in the game. Soon after was the incident of the game when a driving D.Rogers found himself in the opposing area, a heavy touch left a 50/50 with the keeper, in the aftermath the Dominick No.5 kicked out at Rogers with a host of players involved with Torpoint & Dominick players coming to the aid of their team mates. The No.5 eventually saw red after a discussion with the referee with L.Gibbons picking up a yellow for entering the fracas to the dismay of the Dominick players and coaching staff. Almost immediately after the incident, L.Gibbons won the flick on from M.Westall with W.Ferguson using his pace to take a touch and neatly finish in to the corner of the net. This left Torpoint attempting to keep the tempo of the game whilst using their man advantage. 2 could've turned to 3 but T.Rowe couldn't find the net from 12yrds out.

I must say I thought we were fortunate at times today and St Dominick will feel aggrieved to not take the game to extra time. I can't see St Dominick's stay in Division 1 being very long, they are a superb side and should be one of the favorites for the Division title.

19 hours ago, Asitis said:

Pelynt 1 Godolphin 2. Very physical match with poor referee. Pelynt down to 9 men. 2nd red not justified.  Both teams played attacking football. Ref had his back to most of the game and got too many decisions wrong. Good luck to Godolphin in next round.

Pelynt lose

Referee "poor"

I agree CB a great game and you deserved to win. Luck was on our side and although we never gave up Petherwin opened us up from start to finish. We managed to stay in the game and scored in the last minute of extra time  to pinch victory. We have enjoyed many cracking games with Petherwin over the years and yesterday was no different, a cracking side who always play in the right way and in the right spirit. All at Losty look forward to seeing you in the league and have a good season. On another note great to see my old mate and goalkeeping legend Dave Philp at the game. I enjoyed a pre-match chat with Philphy and great to hear his 10 year old son is plying his trade between the sticks and if he is half as good as his dad he will have a great career. Cheers Bill/

20 hours ago, Asitis said:

Pelynt 1 Godolphin 2. Very physical match with poor referee. Pelynt down to 9 men. 2nd red not justified.  Both teams played attacking football. Ref had his back to most of the game and got too many decisions wrong. Good luck to Godolphin in next round.

We are at the rock bottom level of English football, in relative terms all the players are pretty damn poor also - that's life, that's where we are.

There were 21 scheduled Duchy League games yesterday 3  of which would have had no appointed referee. A full fixture list is 28 games - where are 10 extra referees coming from?

Are we ever going to realise that it is not helpful to be slagging off referees  on a public forum?  On top of which, what good is it doing your club? Nobody reading such reports feels sorry for the team involved, it just look like they are whingeing, usually because they lost.

And finally, 'only one red card was justified' - isn't really a plus point.

1 hour ago, Billy Davies said:

I agree CB a great game and you deserved to win. Luck was on our side and although we never gave up Petherwin opened us up from start to finish. We managed to stay in the game and scored in the last minute of extra time  to pinch victory. We have enjoyed many cracking games with Petherwin over the years and yesterday was no different, a cracking side who always play in the right way and in the right spirit. All at Losty look forward to seeing you in the league and have a good season. On another note great to see my old mate and goalkeeping legend Dave Philp at the game. I enjoyed a pre-match chat with Philphy and great to hear his 10 year old son is plying his trade between the sticks and if he is half as good as his dad he will have a great career. Cheers Bill/

Always a great game billy always good to see you shame you were on such good form against us keep up the good work bud! Wish you boys all the best for the year and see you for the league games cheers bash ?

5 hours ago, Paul Collings said:

We are at the rock bottom level of English football, in relative terms all the players are pretty damn poor also - that's life, that's where we are.

There were 21 scheduled Duchy League games yesterday 3  of which would have had no appointed referee. A full fixture list is 28 games - where are 10 extra referees coming from?

Are we ever going to realise that it is not helpful to be slagging off referees  on a public forum?  On top of which, what good is it doing your club? Nobody reading such reports feels sorry for the team involved, it just look like they are whingeing, usually because they lost.

And this sums up pretty much why we are short of referees! 

Rock bottom of the football pyramid where players (including myself) are at the bottom of the talent pool... Like i say to everyone who bitches about referees... If you want better match officials, get better at football!

Referees have to start somewhere. It's all well and good criticising them - however it should be done in the correct manner. 

9 hours ago, Paul Collings said:

Well this is indeed a public forum so people, within reason, are entitled to use it to air their views. As for the ‘you are a poor footballer so accept poor referees’ suggestion I presume that you would be happy to accept inedible food at a restaurant as long as it was cheap?

Whatever the quality of the referee most would, I would hope, be entitled to expect that the laws would be applied consistently to both sides. If suggesting that they aren’t is whingeing then that is unfortunate.

Godolphin are a good side and I am sure they will go far in the competition. Good luck to them

20 hours ago, Fanfare said:

Pelynt lose

Referee "poor"

Nothing to do with result. Godolphin are a good team. I only stated referee was poor, agreed by both teams and both sets of supporters.  Freedom of speech I a humans right.

2 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

I read at various times criticism about the language we hear at our local football games - hence why this forum is set to correct the vulgar slang written on it!

Come on everyone, there’s loads of descriptive words that can be used without bringing this forum into disrepute! 

Who's being abusive? Or bringing forum into disrepute? Express an opinion is surely right of everyone on here  !

I expected better than this from you Paul. Nothing nasty said about ref just that he was poor which 99% of people playing would agree with. This is a free country and I have a right to comment. If I'd said ref was F#####g S@@t you have a fair point. And going on about lack of referrers is not the teams problem really that is down to the league to fulfil the fixtures. We get points deducted if we fail to fulfil a fixture. The league does not

I speak my mind and it doesn't matter as i'm just a supporter if you do as a league official are  supposedly speaking for the League. 

1 hour ago, Asitis said:

I expected better than this from you Paul. Nothing nasty said about ref just that he was poor which 99% of people playing would agree with. This is a free country and I have a right to comment. If I'd said ref was F#####g S@@t you have a fair point. And going on about lack of referrers is not the teams problem really that is down to the league to fulfil the fixtures. We get points deducted if we fail to fulfil a fixture. The league does not

I speak my mind and it doesn't matter as i'm just a supporter if you do as a league official are  supposedly speaking for the League. 

I think you are missing my point. The referee may well have been poor yesterday, he may have read your post and agreed or not cared but the danger is that he read it and decided not to bother refereeing again.  You cannot seriously think that the referee shortage is not the teams' problem - it is a problem for all of us but to put the record straight the Duchy League has no part in recruiting, training or appointing referees, all of which is done by Cornwall FA.

You, Richard and I will have to agree to dis-agree on this one.

just to note the referee was in every right to send off the first pelynt player as stamping on a player in front of a fa official is not acceptable.we dont get paid to play as people have work on a Monday and i understand these things have to be cut out.to pelynts defence though the 2nd was never a sending off i agree it was a well thought game i i say now as a player pelynt have come on leap and bounds since we played them last year they are a well organised team and have some very good players me as the godolphin keeper will say they created a lot of chances in the second half and gave us a good test also would like to say there keeper in pelynt u want to keep hold of him as he is a class act and pulled of some brilliant stops in the game as well as ur number 7 is a very promising player would like to say good luck to u boys for the season and thank u for having us !!!!!!!

6 hours ago, bezza said:

just to note the referee was in every right to send off the first pelynt player as stamping on a player in front of a fa official is not acceptable.we dont get paid to play as people have work on a Monday and i understand these things have to be cut out.to pelynts defence though the 2nd was never a sending off i agree it was a well thought game i i say now as a player pelynt have come on leap and bounds since we played them last year they are a well organised team and have some very good players me as the godolphin keeper will say they created a lot of chances in the second half and gave us a good test also would like to say there keeper in pelynt u want to keep hold of him as he is a class act and pulled of some brilliant stops in the game as well as ur number 7 is a very promising player would like to say good luck to u boys for the season and thank u for having us !!!!!!!

Nice report,  well balanced. Just for the record, I would like to say there always have been some really good people involved at Pelynt and i have always enjoyed visiting and having a pint in the village afterwards.