Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League - Saturday 15th September 2018

On 16/09/2018 at 08:13, Pitty said:

3 observations about the ref situation

1.the ref appointer does a great job and moves mountains with limited resources to ensure the majority of games have an official ‘impartial’ qualified person to conduct a game between 22 grown men who occasionally may feel they disagree with a decision given

2. All clubs pay the CCFA a yearly financial sum to be provided with a service over the season - if that service cannot be provided should clubs be reimbursed 

3. Their are too many teams and not enough players or referees. do the leagues need to look at how many divisions they have and reduce the size of their leagues

Having played in a game yesterday that had a ref appointed at the last minute on reflection after the 90min of a full blooded affair with let’s just say a few ‘talking points’ I am glad we stood our ground and insisted on a CCFA provided official and not someone provided by the home side. I am sure whoever would have done it would have done a sterling job but their will alway be that doubt they might have subconsciously been influenced into making alternative decisions - and this is coming from someone who had a penalty awarded against them (was cast iron though should know better to wave my hands about thinking I’m at a rave in Ibiza in 1993 when someone is going to try and flick the ball over my head ??)

Interesting that a certain manager is calling our Lino a bandit on Twitter ??we gave them three goals ?? 

On 17/09/2018 at 20:59, MARKSY said:

Interesting that a certain manager is calling our Lino a bandit on Twitter ??we gave them three goals ?? 

Haha I like the ‘Zorro’ hashtag though good to show a bit of passion - in the context of my original post though would a non-appointed referee associated with the home side been swayed by the reactions on the sideline and the players on the pitch and awarded the goal still despite the flag going up ? 

8 hours ago, Pitty said:

Haha I like the ‘Zorro’ hashtag though good to show a bit of passion - in the context of my original post though would a non-appointed referee associated with the home side been swayed by the reactions on the sideline and the players on the pitch and awarded the goal still despite the flag going up ? 

Well I’m not biased but I totally agree with you ?

10 hours ago, Pitty said:

Depends on whether the non-appointed referee had a clear understanding of the Laws of the Game and was confident in the Lino's ability to interpret said Laws. He may have thought that 'consciously' or indeed sub-consciously the Lino had been swayed by his own interpretation of the Offside Rule to benefit his own side - it works both ways I guess??  Was the Holmans Lino qualified to be there?? Do the Trelawney League sides have to provide qualified Lino's or is it a bit of a free-for-all?? Interesting debate though isn't it?

On 15/09/2018 at 19:53, Danielburt8 said:

Mawnan 3-6 Penwith Exiles 

took and early lead through a great counter attack goal then had a man sent off about 10 minutes in for swearing. Playing away to mawnan is hard enough without having a man missing but our counter attacks seem to be to much for the back line of mawnan. Our keeper scored from his own half and a well worked goal which James squires finished Sent us into halftime at 3-1 and fairly comfortable. We conceded a soft goal about 60 minutes on with a spill from the keeper which let mawnan back in but as they pushed for an equaliser we managed to score 3 more on the counter through myself Nathan Burt and James squires for his second. Great result playing away to mawnan and the run continues for exiles!. 

Scorers 

Nathan Burt 2x

Daniel Burt 1x

Mikey Flores 1x

James Squires 2x

Steadman sent off again?? What for this time?

3 hours ago, BAGMAN said:

Depends on whether the non-appointed referee had a clear understanding of the Laws of the Game and was confident in the Lino's ability to interpret said Laws. He may have thought that 'consciously' or indeed sub-consciously the Lino had been swayed by his own interpretation of the Offside Rule to benefit his own side - it works both ways I guess??  Was the Holmans Lino qualified to be there?? Do the Trelawney League sides have to provide qualified Lino's or is it a bit of a free-for-all?? Interesting debate though isn't it?

Holmans Lino is a qualified linesman as was required in combo last season with reference to trelawney league though  it is purely a voluntary one in which any one can run the line . It’s a difficult situation when a non ref refs you win he was great you lose he was crap bit like a real ref ? no one wins least of all the man in the middle ?