DIVISION 4
Constantine Reserves    7-2    Madron
Goonhavern Ath Res    0-9    New Inn Titans Reserves
Lizard Argyle Reserves    4-0    Stithians Reserves
Probus Reserves    3-2    Hayle Thirds
Threemilestone Res    6-2    Falmouth United
Tregony FC        1-3    Chacewater

9 hours ago, Pitty said:

Holman v St just off - away side unable to raise side which to be honest is. bit of a joke with 36hrs to go to try and secure some players

Two perspectives here.....

1) WTF. I think we can still call this a "new season", 5 to 6 weeks in, and so not being able to raise a side this early is not only a surprise, but a worry, with the long winter months ahead.

2) Rather know 36 hours in advance as opposed to 3.6 hours (or less) on Saturday morning when most of the preparations etc are already made.

On 13/09/2018 at 21:59, Pitty said:

Holman v St just off - away side unable to raise side which to be honest is. bit of a joke with 36hrs to go to try and secure some players

Harder to sign players in the week of a game now that 7days has to be put in for players regardless of what league they play in. 

Gwinear v west Cornwall reserves is off, the ref was taken away from the game on Thursday apparently. We had no confirmation of this and only found out after checking on the full time site at 10am this morning and made contact with the ref, who confirmed he had been taken off our game. (God knows why) oh well a weekend off

1 hour ago, zebedee said:

The 7 days approach has always been there but for years some clubs have completely ignored it !

Whole Game system in place picks it up now , so another loophole closed off ?

I know that. But it's never been enforced before. So makes it harder as you can't just sign players on the week of the game as you used to be able to. 

5 hours ago, plainlazy said:

Gwinear v west Cornwall reserves is off, the ref was taken away from the game on Thursday apparently. We had no confirmation of this and only found out after checking on the full time site at 10am this morning and made contact with the ref, who confirmed he had been taken off our game. (God knows why) oh well a weekend off

Unfortunately it’s FA Vase again this week which has taken lots.

Threemilestone reserves 6-2 Falmouth United

Tms scorers - Eliot Baker, Chris Shackley ×3, Glen Patterson, Chris Pridham.

Threemilestone came flying out of the traps & were 1-0 up within 5 minutes when Eliot Baker got on the end of a Jake Merrifield cross to head home well. 2 minutes later Chris Shackley got on the end of a Glen Patterson flick on, beat his man & fired home for 2-0. Threemilestone made it 3 10 mins later when Patterson again fed Shackley to smash the ball past the keeper. Shackley returned the favour on 30 mins when he squared it to Patterson who made no mistake from 15 yards. Threemilestone then switched off from an attacking corner & allowed the Falmouth player to run from distance & slide a cool finish past Rich Williams in goal. 5 minutes later, the Threemilestone centre half passed the ball straight to the open Falmouth forward on the edge of the box who ran is & scored to make it 4-2. Threemilestone then went to pieces & had keeper Rich Williams to thank for going in 2 up, half time couldn't come soon enough. The stones came out firing in the 2nd half & took control again, the imprrssive Chris Pridham seeing his shot blocked on 50 minutes, only to score the rebound for 5-2. 10 minutes later sharpshooter Shackley got on the end of a Patterson clipped ball to lash the ball in at the near stick. Tms then made 5 substitutions & coasted the final half hour. Falmouth kept fighting till the end & look a decent young side who play some great stuff. They are in a false position in the league as their goal difference shows. Best of luck for the season, I'm sure you will be fine. UP THE DRAGONS ?

Division  1.  

Newlyn NA 0-5 Mawnan Reserves 

A closer game than the scoreline suggests..  Newlyn started the better, and had a couple of free kicks which tested our keeper.  We worked our way into the game and took a 2-0 lead at half time despite an injury to our keeper..

The second half was tight again until we scored our 3rd.  After this the game went a bit nuts with Newlyn throwing numbers forward and hitting the woodwork 3-4 times but Mawnan scoring twice  on the break.

Once again good food afterwards which is always appreciated. 

New Inn Titans 3 frog pool 2 . 

What a game !!!

How we found ourselves 2 nil down with 25 min to go , thought we were the better team but couldn't finish our chances hitting the cross bar twice and missing a penalty didn't think it was our day . Fair play to Frog pool who took theirs chances well . Then Mike caterall popped up with a fine finish 2-1 , then a great delivery from Dan Jewell headed home by Luke flower 2-2 . From then on titans were pushing for the win and Peter Norfolk got the winner . Great game to play in , tough and physical by both teams with good football being played . 

Mawnan 3-6 Penwith Exiles 

took and early lead through a great counter attack goal then had a man sent off about 10 minutes in for swearing. Playing away to mawnan is hard enough without having a man missing but our counter attacks seem to be to much for the back line of mawnan. Our keeper scored from his own half and a well worked goal which James squires finished Sent us into halftime at 3-1 and fairly comfortable. We conceded a soft goal about 60 minutes on with a spill from the keeper which let mawnan back in but as they pushed for an equaliser we managed to score 3 more on the counter through myself Nathan Burt and James squires for his second. Great result playing away to mawnan and the run continues for exiles!. 

Scorers 

Nathan Burt 2x

Daniel Burt 1x

Mikey Flores 1x

James Squires 2x

6 minutes ago, NiT said:

New Inn Titans 3 frog pool 2 . 

What a game !!!

How we found ourselves 2 nil down with 25 min to go , thought we were the better team but couldn't finish our chances hitting the cross bar twice and missing a penalty didn't think it was our day . Fair play to Frog pool who took theirs chances well . Then Mike caterall popped up with a fine finish 2-1 , then a great delivery from Dan Jewell headed home by Luke flower 2-2 . From then on titans were pushing for the win and Peter Norfolk got the winner . Great game to play in , tough and physical by both teams with good football being played . 

Also special praise to frogpools keeper made some outstanding saves today . I hope the Frog pool player who accidently got a broken nose is ok 

1 hour ago, NiT said:

Also special praise to frogpools keeper made some outstanding saves today . I hope the Frog pool player who accidently got a broken nose is ok 

Thanks boys, he’s ok - will be in Treliske midweek and out of action for a couple of weeks.

Better team won today, we weren’t at it and Titans definitely deserved the win.

man of the match has got to be Callum Davis in goal for us, pulled off some ridiculous saves.

Good luck boys, see you later in the season. 

3 hours ago, Shifty said:

Division  1.  

Newlyn NA 0-5 Mawnan Reserves 

A closer game than the scoreline suggests..  Newlyn started the better, and had a couple of free kicks which tested our keeper.  We worked our way into the game and took a 2-0 lead at half time despite an injury to our keeper..The second half was tight again until we scored our 3rd.  After this the game went a bit nuts with Newlyn throwing numbers forward and hitting the woodwork 3-4 times but Mawnan scoring twice  on the break.

Yep, basically about it. Good, well organised Mawnan side. I think Newlyn could have had a couple of goals (at least) on another day. But no arguing with the winners, the better team won. Good luck for the season, thanks for coming back for a pint and something to eat.

DIV 1.

Threemilestone 4, Wendron 4.

Arrived late due to watching Spurs v Liverpool game, it was 2-1 to the stones when I arrived Tms in front with goals from Tom Quinn and Joel Snape.  Then Threemilestone scored a couple of really good goals, Jamie Preston curled in a beauty and Callum Sidwell had the other to put the stones 4-1 up. Then Wendron also scored two before half time. On both occasions Stones defending was very poor. 4-3 at half time.

Second half was fairly even no stand out chances from either side, both teams guilty of giving the ball away far to easily, Martyn Jay was forced off part way through the half with an ankle injury when he charged down a Wendron free kick on the edge of Stones 18 yard box. Threemilestone also had to survive playing with ten men for ten minutes after having a man sin binned for comments to the ref.  As the game edged towards the closing stages Wendron were the slightly better side, and on 96 minutes, Wendron robbed a player out on the right wing and the ball to the centre forward committed the keeper and after he passed it on to another player who then lobbed the ball from 18 yards into the the empty net. 

Ref played a few more minutes after this but at the final whistle Wendron seemed happy with a draw, where as the Stones will definitley see it as two points dropped.

14 hours ago, plainlazy said:

Maybe west Cornwall were short and had an easy excuse to not play the game even though we could have sorted a referee between us ????

Surely if you can get the game played with a volunteer referee that we offered; you would play it, especially with what happened during last seasons winter and the amount of games that were called off due to the weather, surely you’d want to get the games played now when the weathers perfect for it! Disappointing to miss out on a game today. 

3 observations about the ref situation

1.the ref appointer does a great job and moves mountains with limited resources to ensure the majority of games have an official ‘impartial’ qualified person to conduct a game between 22 grown men who occasionally may feel they disagree with a decision given

2. All clubs pay the CCFA a yearly financial sum to be provided with a service over the season - if that service cannot be provided should clubs be reimbursed 

3. Their are too many teams and not enough players or referees. do the leagues need to look at how many divisions they have and reduce the size of their leagues

Having played in a game yesterday that had a ref appointed at the last minute on reflection after the 90min of a full blooded affair with let’s just say a few ‘talking points’ I am glad we stood our ground and insisted on a CCFA provided official and not someone provided by the home side. I am sure whoever would have done it would have done a sterling job but their will alway be that doubt they might have subconsciously been influenced into making alternative decisions - and this is coming from someone who had a penalty awarded against them (was cast iron though should know better to wave my hands about thinking I’m at a rave in Ibiza in 1993 when someone is going to try and flick the ball over my head ??)

7 hours ago, DRichards said:

Maybe west Cornwall were short and had an easy excuse to not play the game even though we could have sorted a referee between us ????

Surely if you can get the game played with a volunteer referee that we offered; you would play it, especially with what happened during last seasons winter and the amount of games that were called off due to the weather, surely you’d want to get the games played now when the weathers perfect for it! Disappointing to miss out on a game today. 

What’s the referee not being available got to do with West Cornwall, if he was taken away for another fixture, and that it was Your home fixture? Nothing to do with West Cornwall. 

Culdrose  0-13  Goonhavern,

This was a one sided affair as the scoreline shows,but credit to Culdrose players who gave their all until the final whistle.

I'm posting on here more to praise the referee for todays game,as we had no appointed ref for today Shane Mayer offered to officiate the game which was agreed by the league and both clubs,he was brilliant,gave what he saw and made everything clear to the players and dealt with every situation in a clear and concise way.The players and managers from both sides helped by not arguing or contesting every decision and the game was just able to flow.  

45 minutes ago, justin wilden said:

Culdrose  0-13  Goonhavern,

This was a one sided affair as the scoreline shows,but credit to Culdrose players who gave their all until the final whistle.

I'm posting on here more to praise the referee for todays game,as we had no appointed ref for today Shane Mayer offered to officiate the game which was agreed by the league and both clubs,he was brilliant,gave what he saw and made everything clear to the players and dealt with every situation in a clear and concise way.The players and managers from both sides helped by not arguing or contesting every decision and the game was just able to flow.  

Shane Mayer is a top bloke & a great ref. Although he's not qualified as the CCFA cancelled the course this summer. Ridiculous considering the shortage of refs at the moment

4 hours ago, PascoeR said:

What’s the referee not being available got to do with West Cornwall, if he was taken away for another fixture, and that it was Your home fixture? Nothing to do with West Cornwall. 

My thoughts exactly. Can understand people's frustration at having a ref taken away late in the week, but to suggest another team may be short of numbers as an excuse to not play is seriously clutching at straws. It's WC's prerogative to agree, or in this case, not, to a volunteer referee to take charge. There was an instance last season where they agreed to an opposition manager referee the game, away from home. During the game, the home linesman flagged to disallow a goal, then the away linesman flagged later in the game and the referee ignored it, after saying earlier he had to go with his assistant!!! So I'd say they are totally within their rights to decline, even if that means extra games later in the season. Frustrating, yes, but no blame can be attached to anyone here.

St Agnes 3rds 3-1 Penzance Reserves 

I couldn't play in goal for Penzance today due to a wedding so Andy Pope covered for me.

From what I can gather Penzance just didn't turn up, players hungover, Luke Carroll sin binned with the first 8 mins for dissent and half of them couldn't be bothered etc. It was going to be one of those afternoons. Fair play to St Agnes clearly the better side and took their chances when my lot show a lack of effort or want to win the game.

Like I say couldn't be there but posting from what I've been told. Hopefully we pull our fingers out this week and get back to winning ways

Penzance goal Luke Carroll

12 minutes ago, Simon2389 said:

St Agnes 3rds 3-1 Penzance Reserves 

I couldn't play in goal for Penzance today due to a wedding so Andy Pope covered for me.

From what I can gather Penzance just didn't turn up, players hungover, Luke Carroll sin binned with the first 8 mins for decent and half of them couldn't be bothered etc. It was going to be one of those afternoons. Fair play to St Agnes clearly the better side and took their chances when my lot show a lack of effort or want to win the game.

Like I say couldn't be there but posting from what I've been told. Hopefully we pull our fingers out this week and get back to winning ways

Penzance goal Luke Carroll

I wasn't going to post but our mid-field went walkabout so we couldn't string passes together and play our usual game. The lads upfront for some reason decide to play as individuals instead of team players. You can beat the tackle but eventually you will lose the ball. They just wanted to get individual glory. Moaning at each other, the ref, the opposition. I must say the lad who was sin-binned deserved it but for the rest of the game nearly every time he went for, or was waiting for the ball he was elbowed in the back. That frustrated him and he spent the game gobbing off. Half the St Agnes side I should think were their Bolsters side. Each one individually has probably played more games than all or youngsters put together.

Apologies to the spectators as you never saw Penzance as they can play. Perhaps in the return match.

1 hour ago, cornishteddyboy said:

I wasn't going to post but our mid-field went walkabout so we couldn't string passes together and play our usual game. The lads upfront for some reason decide to play as individuals instead of team players. You can beat the tackle but eventually you will lose the ball. They just wanted to get individual glory. Moaning at each other, the ref, the opposition. I must say the lad who was sin-binned deserved it but for the rest of the game nearly every time he went for, or was waiting for the ball he was elbowed in the back. That frustrated him and he spent the game gobbing off. Half the St Agnes side I should think were their Bolsters side. Each one individually has probably played more games than all or youngsters put together.

Apologies to the spectators as you never saw Penzance as they can play. Perhaps in the return match.

I was at the game, unfortunately unable to

Play for Aggie due to injury. I think

some of your comments are unfair, doing a dis service to Aggie. The lads up front for Penzance thought they were playing in the champions league not trelawney league 3. Everytime they went into a tackle or up for a header they screamed at the ref and chased him around the pitch, which was a shame for the rest of Penzance because they played with pride. I felt sorry for your midfield because they were having to do the pressing of your strikers that were more intent on trying to fight our back line than chase them down. 

Also just an FYI the ‘bolsters’ did not play. There were 4 players over vets age the rest under, with 4 teenagers. 

1 hour ago, cornishteddyboy said:

Bolster side pmsl. That’s all I’ve got to say . 

1 hour ago, Jkae said:

I was at the game, unfortunately unable to

Play for Aggie due to injury. I think

some of your comments are unfair, doing a dis service to Aggie. The lads up front for Penzance thought they were playing in the champions league not trelawney league 3. Everytime they went into a tackle or up for a header they screamed at the ref and chased him around the pitch, which was a shame for the rest of Penzance because they played with pride. I felt sorry for your midfield because they were having to do the pressing of your strikers that were more intent on trying to fight our back line than chase them down. 

Also just an FYI the ‘bolsters’ did not play. There were 4 players over vets age the rest under, with 4 teenagers. 

Agreed. There have been lots and lots of positive reports for Pz whilst on their long unbeaten run. Then they lose, but no credit to the winning side. Just a gripe! Typical football mentality. It’s very common. The best team usually wins on the day. They probably did play below par, but that is possibly due to the opposition being better.