Waldon Athletic 1, Alphington 1 

DIVISION ONE WEST 
Ludgvan 2, Dobwalls 3 
Plymouth Marjon 2, St Dennis 3 
Plymstock United 6, St.Blazey 1 
Wendron United 3, Holsworthy 1 

FA VASE 2nd QUALIFYING ROUND 
Bishop Lydeard 0, Elburton Villa 4 
Bovey Tracey 1, Tavistock 2 (1-1 at 90mins) 
Buckland Athletic 0, Newquay 1 
Camelford 3, Bodmin Town 3 (2-2 at 90 mins) Replay Wednesday 7.45pm
Cheddar 2, Newton Abbot Spurs 0 
Cullompton Rangers 0, Ivybridge Town 4 
Exmouth Town 3, Bridgwater Town 0 
Falmouth Town 2, Clevedon Town 1 
Porthleven 3, Torpoint Athletic 6 
Saltash United 6, Axminster Town 0 
Sidmouth Town 4, Godolphin Atlantic 1 
Wells City 2, St Austell 3 

4 hours ago, gingerninja said:

Bridgwater are a good side, they'll comfortably beat Exmouth. Falmouth have a great chance though, would be good to see them marching on, especially as Big Al loves to put them down at every opportunity 

I can put them down as often as I like, your rude personal comments will not alter that fact. Tomorrow they will lose 2-0. just wish I could afford the admission price.

37 minutes ago, BIG AL said:

I can put them down as often as I like, your rude personal comments will not alter that fact. Tomorrow they will lose 2-0. just wish I could afford the admission price.

Great news for you Big Al - Phil Hiscox (the SWPL secretary, yes the one that’s never seen in Cornwall) has been in touch with me and he will be delighted to meet you at the gate at Bickland Park for the game  and pay your entry fee.

What better an offer can you get! 

9 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Great news for you Big Al - Phil Hiscox (the SWPL secretary, yes the one that’s never seen in Cornwall) has been in touch with me and he will be delighted to meet you at the gate at Bickland Park for the game  and pay your entry fee.

What better an offer can you get! 

And i will buy your chips and a cup of tea or coffee at half time ! 

3 minutes ago, swilly bingrove said:

Jesus crist ive had enough of this in my life !! come on a footy forum 4 my local teams and all i get is these boring trolls behind a keyboard slaggin me off !!! grow up

I get exactly the same - there are a small minority that consider themselves God and no one elses views matter !

6 hours ago, swilly bingrove said:

Jesus crist ive had enough of this in my life !! come on a footy forum 4 my local teams and all i get is these boring trolls behind a keyboard slaggin me off !!! grow up

Oh dear! never understood that post at all did you Billy. 

And you know full well how to spell your name. 

Grow up..... pot kettle.... you know what I mean. 

Anyway on to today's game at Camelford, a very tough assignment as always at Trefew Park, Reg always sets his team's out hard to beat. Draw probably a fair result & replay on Wednesday in Bodmin. 

Also well done to Newquay today, fantastic result at Buckland, deserve a plum draw next round after today's victory. Supporters be crying out for you guys to take that form in to your league fixtures now!! ?

Thought you were a Bodmin supporter Mr Leeds 

On 14/09/2018 at 19:20, gingerninja said:

Bridgwater are a good side, they'll comfortably beat Exmouth. Falmouth have a great chance though, would be good to see them marching on, especially as Big Al loves to put them down at every opportunity 

Parkway beat them and now Exmouth 

On 14/09/2018 at 16:16, The Boy said:

You never know,  the magic of the FA Vase ?

On 14/09/2018 at 14:09, swilly bingrove said:

nonsense the boy , tavi will march thru . possible upsets 4 me would be exmouth n falmouth at home 2 higher leage teams bridgewater n cleavedon . very interesting games there i reckon !

Wasn't far out was I Swilly Bingrove

On 14/09/2018 at 17:20, gingerninja said:

Blimey Neil, you got that one wrong !!! 

Funny how are you are now dissing the quality of the SWPL !!

I hope you get to Play Exmouth in the next round ...

2 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Anyway on to today's game at Camelford, a very tough assignment as always at Trefew Park, Reg always sets his team's out hard to beat. Draw probably a fair result & replay on Wednesday in Bodmin. 

Also well done to Newquay today, fantastic result at Buckland, deserve a plum draw next round after today's victory. Supporters be crying out for you guys to take that form in to your league fixtures now!! ?

A good contest today although Camels should have rapped it up in the first half missing two one on one's . Bodmin's two blokes up front must have had a combined weight of 36 stone and were pretty ineffective all game although one of  them did score a penalty his only contribution in the game. Will be tough for Camels on Wednesday as the uni boys are unavailable. Worst Bodmin side I've seen in a decade.

Went to watch Ludgvan vDobwalls today hoping to see Ludgvan to pick up some points.The Hurlers had a mixed team of 2nd team players and Trelawney league players but what a spirited performance they gave.Dobwalls looked physically stronger and more organised but struggled with the fact they were expected to win comfortably considering Ludgvans unfortunate predicament.Against the run of play Ludgvan scored on 25 mins through the impressive centre half Fletcher with a precisely hit free kick.This only spurred Dobwalls on and they equalised 10 mins later through O'Brien after unselfish play by the dangerous Perryman.Much relief for Dobwalls and more effort needed for Ludgvan.Despite the heroics of the Ludgvan keeper , who was outstanding all game,O 'Brien scored his 2nd following up after another top save from Robotham.1-2 ht. Second half very even until Ludgvan were awarded a dubious penalty on 65mins which was badly missed high over the bar.Dobwalls continued to try to raise their game to kill Ludgvan off but the home team constantly frustrated them with their doggedness and tenacity and deservedly equalised on 75 mins through second team No 9 Mike Ali with a close range volley which gave the Dobwall's keeper no chance.Jubilation at the Jubilee Hall ensued with home supporters dreaming of the first point of the season.But after a flurry of substitions and near misses from both teams Dobwalls were awarded a fortuitous free kick centrally in the 'D' which was curled in off the post by O'Brien , to break Ludgvan's resistance in the 89th min.Ludgvan pushed for another equalizer but ran out of legs and time ,but not effort.Dobwalls very relieved at the final whistle.Some great performances from supposed lower league players notably the young left back,too good to be a full back,the impressive goal scoring centre half and my mom the Ludgvan keeper who kept his team in the game on several occasions.Ultimately Dobwalls experience prevailed in the end but it was fantastic to watch a young team of players fight and battle for each other and not resort to falling out with each other.Well played both teams.

29 minutes ago, hoppit said:

A good contest today although Camels should have rapped it up in the first half missing two one on one's . Bodmin's two blokes up front must have had a combined weight of 36 stone and were pretty ineffective all game although one of  them did score a penalty his only contribution in the game. Will be tough for Camels on Wednesday as the uni boys are unavailable. Worst Bodmin side I've seen in a decade.

Which brings me back to Standard of the local game Hoppit, as we only 6 points off top spot in the league with two games in hand & only lost once all season. So IF we are that poor & still competeing at the top end what does that say for the rest? ?

I Went to see Buckland Athletic v Newquay yesterday and the home side can have no complaints with the result whatsoever. The group of players who showed more desire and passion won the game and are deservedly in the next round by dumping out of the competition one of last years semi-finalists. A great achievement, well done.

Major talking points:

The Buckland sending off was an incorrect decision by the referee - a routine yellow card for a cynical foul on the half way line not the denial of a goal scoring opportunity.

The penalty decision late in the game? It was the correct decision, but  the manner in which it was given was not convincing.

The  Man of the match was the tricky winger who gave the Home sides full back the runaround all afternoon. Somebody said he was Spanish not Cornish. He was excellent.

Buckland kept pumping the ball long and created few threats while Newquay played a cute passing game that made them look like the team who play at a higher level.

Great to see so many away supporters at the game yesterday and good luck in the next round. I hope you get a kind draw. 

Brian

10 hours ago, The Windmill On The Shirt said:

Great win today at Porthleven this afternoon, always nice to see Vidal James (legend) and the gang and their committee looked after us really well today.  They have made some big improvements at Gala Park since my last visit 11 years ago, so well done Porthleven!

Had your fixture as a potential ' Banana Skin ' Windmill, team struggling in the Premier Division away at a Side going well in the league below, but smashing 6 goals away from home I couldn't be more wrong! 

Again, shows the difference between the two leagues. 

14 minutes ago, Keyberrygull said:

I Went to see Buckland Athletic v Newquay yesterday and the home side can have no complaints with the result whatsoever. The group of players who showed more desire and passion won the game and are deservedly in the next round by dumping out of the competition one of last years semi-finalists. A great achievement, well done.

Major talking points:

The Buckland sending off was an incorrect decision by the referee - a routine yellow card for a cynical foul on the half way line not the denial of a goal scoring opportunity.

The penalty decision late in the game? It was the correct decision, but  the manner in which it was given was not convincing.

The  Man of the match was the tricky winger who gave the Home sides full back the runaround all afternoon. Somebody said he was Spanish not Cornish. He was excellent.

Buckland kept pumping the ball long and created few threats while Newquay played a cute passing game that made them look like the team who play at a higher level.

Great to see so many away supporters at the game yesterday and good luck in the next round. I hope you get a kind draw. 

Brian

I have to say, it was never a sending off offence, and the goal we had disallowed was never offside. 

As a follower of both clubs I was shocked at how poor Bucks were. Due to work, and other things this was the first I had seen either play this season, and having spoke with some Bucks mates, they were not happy after last years solid effort lead to a belief promotion was coming. 

Bucks have always played good and exciting football, but the hit and hope thing they played yesterday was abysmal.

11 hours ago, rocky170267 said:

Blimey Neil, you got that one wrong !!! 

Funny how are you are now dissing the quality of the SWPL !!

I hope you get to Play Exmouth in the next round ...

I got it wrong with Exmouth yes, no idea who this 'Neil' guy is you claim I am. As for 'dissing the quality of the SWPL' didn't I also predict that Falmouth would win? I've also said many SWPL sides would cope with the standard of the Western league easily, with the likes of Tavistock and Saltash challenging for promotion. If we get Exmouth, bring it on will be a good competitive game

8 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

36 stone ? Have Bodmin front 2 been on a diet ?  

To be fair the big lads seem to be bullying a few defences as Bodmin have been getting wins 

:)

The big lads as you call them, no 9 in particular, tried to bully the ref if anything and constantly in his face, but the Camels defence were a match for them all day! 

Also got to mention the foul language used, especially by Bodmin's no 5, Brokenshire, disgraceful. As Captain he should be setting an example, may have been frustrated with his team, yes, but not necessary, especially as children watching!