Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Combination League RESULTS AND LATEST TABLE - Tuesday 11th September 2018

Results for
Tuesday 11th September 2018
Falmouth Town Reserves (Gavin Perraton) 1-4 Penryn Athletic (Ryan Reeve, Harry Roberts, Alex Hayhoe, Ed Rowe) 
Att - 146
Hayle 0-2 RNAS Culdrose (Adam Southworth 2)
Att - 40
Porthleven Reserves (Jack Price) 1-4 Redruth United (Simon James 2, 
Scott Thomas. Dan Horler) 
Att - 35

POS

TEAM

PL W D L F A GD PTS
1 FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES 8 6 1 1 35 11 24 19
2 PERRANPORTH 8 6 1 1 20 7 13 19
3 HELSTON ATHLETIC RESERVES 7 6 0 1 31 9 22 18
4 ST DAY 9 5 2 2 23 19 4 17
5 PENRYN ATHLETIC 7 5 1 1 27 5 22 16
6 ST IVES TOWN 7 4 2 1 14 4 10 14
7 ILLOGAN RBL 8 4 1 3 24 12 12 13
8 ST JUST 7 4 1 2 22 13 9 13
9 HAYLE 7 4 0 3 22 9 13 12
10 LIZARD ARGYLE 7 3 1 3 19 8 11 10
11 PENDEEN ROVERS 7 3 0 4 20 15 5 9
12 PERRANWELL 6 3 0 3 7 7 0 9
13 MULLION 7 3 0 4 7 13 -6 9
14 ST AGNES 8 2 2 4 18 23 -5 8
15 RNAS CULDROSE 4 2 1 1 7 7 0 7
16 WENDRON UNITED RESERVES 8 1 2 5 13 26 -13 5
17 WEST CORNWALL 7 1 1 5 7 33 -26 4
18 REDRUTH UNITED 8 1 1 6 9 39 -30 4
19 PORTHLEVEN RESERVES 9 1 0 8 17 45 -28 3
20 CARHARRACK 6 0 1 5 8 45 -37 1

Hayle lost 2-0 TO CULDROSE ,  at 21 ,   1 nil half time  well done to CULDROSE  better on the night ,   Well reffed by Dave Dodson , who carried on even when picking up an injury ,  chances taken by the airmen , a better more organised,side than last season , and their keeper made three outstanding saves in the second half , end to end game so e good football on show but Hayle came up short tonight .

Falmouth Town 1, Penryn 4

Brilliant evening's football. Penryn worthy winners: Town had no answer to the speed of the Penryn front runners. Goals came in the 3rd minute (Falmouth), then Penryn's on 12, 22, 24 and 32. 2nd half a classic anti-climax punctuated by bookings for various Falmouth players and excellent saves by the home 'keeper. Opens up the league a bit.

Sat by some Perranporth players whose opinion of Penryn was that they were "hoofers"! Anyone dismissing them as such is in for a rude awakening. They played some outstanding one-touch football at times. No route one jokers are they!

Nice chips, hot choc, and I was in two minds about whether I'd go or not! Glad I did. And: attendance well over the 100 stated at the top of this thread.

39 minutes ago, Tom Trust said:

Brilliant evening's football. Penryn worthy winners: Town had no answer to the speed of the Penryn front runners. Goals came in the 3rd minute (Falmouth), then Penryn's on 12, 22, 24 and 32. 2nd half a classic anti-climax punctuated by bookings for various Falmouth players and excellent saves by the home 'keeper. Opens up the league a bit.

Sat by some Perranporth players whose opinion of Penryn was that they were "hoofers"! Anyone dismissing them as such is in for a rude awakening. They played some outstanding one-touch football at times. No route one jokers are they!

Nice chips, hot choc, and I was in two minds about whether I'd go or not! Glad I did. And: attendance well over the 100 stated at the top of this thread.

Haha hoofers  that's a good one !!!

A very good game, with two good sides, Penryn playing from the back, with a lot of possession. 

Sometimes overdoing the passing at the back, and getting caught a few times, which gave Falmouth a couple of early chances! 

But eventually the possession counted and the pace and pressure resulted in the Penryn goals.

Second half dominated by Penryn with continual possession, and the game played almost entirely in the Falmouth half, the pace and tenacity of Penryn continually caught out the Falmouth players, resulting in several bookings. Falmouth did create a few chances in the second half, but were very well saved by the keeper, probably his best game to date. 

At the other end, the Falmouth keeps doing the same with 3 excellent saves to keep the scoreline respectable. 

An enjoyable evening, beating the old enemy. 

Exceptionally well refereed as well, in what could have been a feisty affair if not well controlled. 

Well done Harry..... we're on the March with "Arries army" 

1 hour ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

A very good game, with two good sides, Penryn playing from the back, with a lot of possession. 

Sometimes overdoing the passing at the back, and getting caught a few times, which gave Falmouth a couple of early chances! 

But eventually the possession counted and the pace and pressure resulted in the Penryn goals.

Second half dominated by Penryn with continual possession, and the game played almost entirely in the Falmouth half, the pace and tenacity of Penryn continually caught out the Falmouth players, resulting in several bookings. Falmouth did create a few chances in the second half, but were very well saved by the keeper, probably his best game to date. 

At the other end, the Falmouth keeps doing the same with 3 excellent saves to keep the scoreline respectable. 

An enjoyable evening, beating the old enemy. 

Exceptionally well refereed as well, in what could have been a feisty affair if not well controlled. 

Well done Harry..... we're on the March with "Arries army" 

that army will be marching somewhere else before long 

17 hours ago, Tom Trust said:

146 - THAT'S more like it!

I know nothing of the proposed (or are they now confirmed?) restructuring, but I do know the game last evening, and the Fal v Perranporth game a week earlier, were of a way higher standard than many Pen West games I have seen in the past. The current Combo league has quite a few really tasty sides. Pity if it gets disbanded.